EMCOR Employee Reviews in United States

EMCOR Customer Solution Center
Supervisor for USM West Outbound Team (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2016
Work begins early and ends late. Your co workers become friends and that makes this job tolerable. The thing that makes this job difficult is the lack of work/life balance. I learned a lot while working for this employer. I have grown both personally and professionally in my tenure with them.
Pros
They are upgrading the office
Cons
Not great pay or benefits
Fun places to work
A/P Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 22, 2016
I have had nothing but execellent experiences with these companies. The only regrate I have is that these companies are located onnly a limited places, oterwise I would work for them for life.
Pros
TEAM WORK AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Cons
THEY ARE NOT LOCATED EVERYWHERE I MOVED
Field Quality Specialist Daily Responsibilities
Field Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 4, 2016
Training and supporting field personnel. Simultaneously scheduling and meeting suppliers, customers, and field personnel. Assisting suppliers to train and correct their personnel. Meeting team and individual KPI's.
Pros
Extensive training provided for unlimited professional advancement.
Cons
Long hours.
Looks good on paper, but look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
For a company that has been around as long as they have, they need a lot of help! If you come from a previous company that had a solid management structure and good core values, and you get a job at EMCOR in Phoenix, you will be very disappointed. Or, if you're 19-24 years old and just need a steady paycheck, you'll be ok. The management in the call center is ridiculous. They need a strong, solid, experienced call center lead manager that doesn't show favoritism and knows how to effectively lead people. The team I was assigned to work on was part of a huge new account and EMCOR dropped the ball miserably launching it off the ground. Poor preparation, training and selecting the right people to be on board. Embarrassing. They hired almost 20 new people in my training class and only 6 are left. Typical call center staffing I suppose. EMCOR looks good on paper, but I would look elsewhere if you are seeking a solid company to work for and possibly grow with.
Pros
Monday-Friday no weekends if you get assigned to the right department
Cons
Management, training, low wages
Proffesional Workplace
Journeyman Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 29, 2016
I believe all workplaces should maintain a professional atomosphere.
I also believe in safe work practices and procedures as well as timeless things such as respect and integrity.
Pros
Overall good company
Cons
Communicaton problems
A great Place to work
Temp (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTApril 26, 2016
An excellent company to work for. Wonderful people with great atmosphere. I highly recommend! Just worked as a temp for a couple of months but they treat you like family!
A sleazy place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTApril 19, 2016
I have seen much sleazy management behavior. Management integrity does not even exist here! Vernon Service Dept is the worst. The typical management attitude is "we can get away with anything".
Pros
decent pay
Cons
sleazy managment
Daily work schedule
Site Facilities Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2016
Maintain cubicles for engineers, coordinate personal moves with customer schedule. Multi tasking, at any time might have to change schedule to accommodate customer schedule.

Management was was open to suggestions as long as end result met schedule.

Snow removable was the hardest part of the job. A very early start on days it snowed.

The building of cubicles was the best part of the job.
Pros
The team we had was the best part of the job.
Northboro Ma
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 12, 2016
Not a bad place. Pritty small contract,Good people good working conditions. Lots of preventive maint,The people we work with are very helpfull.
Pros
My Boss
Cons
The main office is far away
Emcor
Human Resource Administrative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 11, 2016
Its definitely a learning experience. Great management, staff very kind helps you get involved to get you on track on what your suppose to be doing, Very quiet atmosphere.
Great Work Enviroment
Billing & Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 23, 2016
Wonderful work enviroment, feels like a second home. Your coworkers will become your family.
Benefits arent amazing but pay is reasonable. Managment is really flexible and always supportive.
Good company - MARCOM group very small and very tight; outsiders not welcomed
Manager Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 1, 2016
The hardest part of this job is learning the complex idiosyncrasies of 80+ operating companies; learned about media buying & social media alerts. Co-workers are very close among themselves - I feel like an outsider.
On-site Facility Manager
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 1, 2016
As a multi-site Facilities Maintenance Manager in a fast-paced, sale-driven manufacturing industry I seek opportunities to reduce operating costs or increase productivity wherever I can. The position I hold requires a balance between maintaining the facility in a constant state of readiness and allowing the business to change pace based on sales. Facility maintenance, as a general rule, does not generate revenue but it can impact the bottom line by how it’s preformed. Drawing on my experiences serving in the military and working in the construction industry enables me to maintain my buildings to the best of my abilities. I work closely with outside vendors to ensure scheduled maintenance is performed in a timely manner on critical operating systems i.e., security/fire alarms, fire suppression, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fleet vehicles, forklifts (propane/ electric) guide-by-wire, compressed air and key card access systems. I am on-call 24/7.
Pros
Training
Cons
No contract for long term employment
Professional Work Environment
Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoy working for EMCOR, tons of advancement opportunities, great work environment, team players.................................................
Great place to work, but the culture is not good.
Human Resources Representative/ Labor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 22, 2015
I love working for this company but I need to feel as if I am a valuable employee. The company has great benefits although they are very expensive.
Friendly workplace with a hands-off attitude
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RockvilleOctober 10, 2015
Management did not have a concept of construction management. Although everyone was nice, no one took responsibility out of fear of getting in trouble for mistakes.
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
poor management structure
One a normal day
Journeyman Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Fun place to work do to all the engineers during the day shift. Everyone was very helpful and I learned a lot. We did everything at work together which made it like a family.
Review is available upon request
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 1, 2015
Company culture, management support, daily work environment of the senior internal auditor - all review is available upon request.
No direction or structure
HVAC Tech. (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OH.September 15, 2015
Do not go to work here. Incompetence and dysfunctional management, low pay, outdated work order system. The benefits are horrible. Other than my co-workers, bad experience all the way around.
Stay away!!
Customer Srv Rep (Current Employee) –  PhoenixAugust 18, 2015
Significant problems in every phase of the operation in Phoenix. Will never be fixed until selfish management is replaced with a management team willing to build a cohesive team, including communication, patience & compassion.