EMCOR Employee Reviews

Poor leadership and management
Service Engineer - For BB&T account (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 31, 2017
My day time working hours from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. I had been received 32 assigned BB&T branches to oversees and to maintain. I worked hard and even took over time to finish necessary work to be done. I was not happy with my company because of tons of responsibilities that had been assigned to me. I have been worked with this company for 1 year because BB&T cut off the contract earlier with Emcor.
Pros
Yearly bonus
The structure of the Co. is highly respected.
Maintenance/Facilities Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 14, 2017
Start my day with confirming all tasks at hand and build a daily plan of action to confirm the most amount of work to be completed based on the severity of the jobs provided.
Received training on systems that are out dated, enjoy working with a diverse team of different trades.
Cons
Lacks proper procurement staffing at the time
It was an enjoyable workplace
Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2017
I worked a lot of overtime in a new division. I enjoyed the worked and went back two additional times in the two years after I retired to help out.

I've been gone for some time now and management has changed. I no longer know the individuals in charge. The job I had was challenging and rewarding and I enjoyed my coworkers and immediate supervisor and her supervisor. I didn't have contact with anyone above those two levels.
Pros
Nice kitchen and plenty of space for breaks.
Cons
There were none
Every Day work habits
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
Troubleshooting problem,Planing for outages,Staying focus on keeping the customers happy,Ordering material, progress meetings on construction projects.
Productive work
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
It was a great experience to work for Emcor. Measuring of HVAC duct work systems and implementing them into CAD. Traveled to different locations. Great work culture.
Pros
Experience
Benefits
Dont work for Emcor/Newcomb and Company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2017
Very bad work environment, terrible service manager. Newcomb was a great company until they sold it to Emcor. Good people left and new service manager is very condescending and arrogant. Not a good place to work. Glad I got out. Company is a mess!
Pros
none now
Cons
long hours, low pay, little pto
great job
Lawn technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
mow, edge, head trim,blow off and spray 5/3 bank and frontier. great work enviroment, good management and great place to work at. hardest thing about the job is the heat and all the walking but im use to it
Pros
great people and stuff
Cons
heat
Good people to work with
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 15, 2017
we get tickets handed to us with work orders on it telling us what needs to be fixed and where its located at

all kinds of people in the world

my boss is great to work for

different culture the hardest part for me is the long drive the guys I work with are good
Company pays too low
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 14, 2017
Company pays too low and make you work... 11 an hour for a helper paid every Friday minus taxes... the paycheck is not good.. there are better jobs that pay more than 11...
Pros
Nothing just some good benefits
Cons
Pay too low
Needed a job.
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2017
Working with EMCOR was ok in its on way. I learned the proper mixing of cleaning products. Co-workers vey team oriented willing to work. Not enough time in a day to complete work assignments without rushing.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough pay.
Review and process incoming work orders.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist of receiving and processing work orders that are either received from incoming calls or an email box. All emergency work orders are called out to the appropriate parties.
Do daily reports that are sent to management. Also are given direction once with projects and are able to fulfill the tasked without continuously asking questions.
Pros
Arriving early to leave early
Cons
Working in such a small department when we are busy could be overwhelming
Good Company to work for
Accounting Associate - Accounting (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 20, 2016
EMCOR is a good company to work for, they do their best to give you a good work/life balance. The accounting management has a lot of knowledge and teaches their employees.
3rd shift supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCDecember 19, 2016
I assign, monitor and assist maintenance personnel. I lead the team through tougher tasks and projects, as well as assist in ALL maintenance PMs and repairs.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great Place to work
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sutherland, NEDecember 13, 2016
Great Temp Job. Project Manager is top notch. Work is the key, you do a great job, you will be invited back for other projects. Company is very customer conscious. The hours can be long, but its a project, there is a time framed expected for completion. The pay is good and has some great benefits.
Pros
Great pay, overtime, per dium
Cons
long hours, weather can make work environment unpleasent.
Great Company Great Benefits Great Career Starting Point
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
Emcor was my first full time employer with benefits getting up early in the morning going to work at 18 years old really made me feel like an adult. A great learning experience because it helped me mature as a man with priorities responsibilty.
Emcor/ NEMSI start out great then went down hill
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  VermontNovember 23, 2016
EMCOR / NEMSI out of Palmer MA Started out great promised the world but then there true colors comes out. Back stabbing is common place. Your back in high school again with the little clicks. Management is part of the clicks and doesn't back you up . Pay is great and safety is big on there minds as long as it doesn't interfere with getting the job done. If you go to work for them watch your back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
If Riche still works there, stay away
Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2016
You can't take someone from CT and work part time in Albany and get anywhere. She doesn't know the business up here and her management style is far from impressive. There are much better businesses to work for! If you are looking for rate work, non here! They over price jobs and the work is unsteady.
an injoyable work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30005November 13, 2016
working for EMCOR is a great place to learn
building maintenance on a tier 4 DATA Center
great and understanding management
Pros
transfer with in the company
Decent hours
Logistics Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2016
Decent people to work around. Lots of overtime. A lot is expected of each employee. Lots of work to be completed. And lots of people to please on each and every day.
A very high paced self-motivated job
General Labor Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJSeptember 23, 2016
My day starts at 5:00am; checking the upper and lower production floors/warehouse for any recycling gaylords that require urgency from the 3rd shift production (a total of 60 in the building; 40 cardboard, 15 bulk trash, 5 bottle). After clearing all work areas and properly disposing recycling material, this high volume process repeats itself. Also, any indoor/outdoor cosmetic repairs (furniture,fixtures, painting, holiday decorations, bathroom repairs,etc.) that require attention (through work orders or personal observation) are part of an average work day. I enjoy the fast-paced atmosphere and working with a dedicated self-motivated team. We get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCOR. Our community is ready to answer.