EMD Millipore Employee Reviews

na
Accountability (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHOctober 23, 2017
it was fine. busy company and lots of overtime. better management is needed and if your a engineer then this place is perfect for you. that is all if have to say.
Lacking direction and US management beholden to German parent company, Merck KGaA
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 29, 2017
US management beholden to German parent company Merck KGaA. Worked at EMD Millipore, now MilliporeSigma, in HQ building. Very low morale, constantly shifting priorities, layoffs of senior staff, no vision for US subsidiary which is treated as an ATM machine for Merck KGaA, lacking any sort of innovation. Would not recommend anyone pursue a career with this company!
Pros
Cons
low morale, no innovation, low pay scale, no stock options
not a bad job.
Pleater Operator (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHSeptember 7, 2017
The majority of my time at Millipore was pleasant since my co-workers where all nice and my job was relatively simple. I however did have basically zero benefits due to being a temp via ranstad and the hire-on/conversion timeframe was around 2 years. People get sick and need time off at times due to that or have issues in snow on really bad nights though so when you have no days off you can use and the points count against you it can cause a loss of a job. If i was able to go back i would.
Pros
ok work environment and decent pay
Cons
hire-on timeframe
Order Entry/Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 10, 2017
Working at EMD Millipore was a learning experience as is all other forms of employment however it was not a good fit for me as I didn't see strong enough growth path or one that I would be passionate for.
Pros
Cafeteria on Site
Cons
No strong growth potential
Needs Structure
Research Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 26, 2017
The company has good people. However, the only way to be promoted in any technical position is to have graduate degree or PhD. The work does require expertise but not a PhD.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Does not pay well, technical positions require at least a graduate degree regardless of experience
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJJune 4, 2017
A wonderful company to work for! Very professional and rewarding with a lot of perks. Beautiful building to work in inside and out. A company full of wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Divers in culture
Cons
parking to far from entry
Emd
Don't Worry About It (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 2, 2017
Pay is well, the work environment is toxic. The shifts are unbearable. The management and staff often run like a gossipy high school. No one ever follows policies, and they are only enforced if you don't find yourself in with the bosses.
Good Company
Material Handler/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 2, 2017
Good company, great benefits, but thr current management uses nepotism to promote others outside the company rather than within. The best part is the time off. 3 weeks vacay every year
Typical Machine Operator Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work involves performing the same tasks over and over with little gratitude given from management. You are to operate your machine as fast as possible with as little down time as humanly possible and are ridiculed if anything goes wrong.
The hardest part of the job is working for ungrateful managers and dealing with the lack of communication within the business itself.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the commute, with the huge lack of traffic during 3rd shift.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Strict regulations, poor management communication and a lack of incentives to go above and beyond the required.
Technical Support
Technical Support Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 8, 2017
A great place to work. I felt like I was really making a contribution.
There is alot of room for career advancement within the different departments.
good company to work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Start with get information from other shift to continue what production or customer request to minimized errors. The safety come first and comfortable to work with in any job level.
This is a professional environment, and is striving to make this site a world class manufacturing facility
Document Control II (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJanuary 18, 2017
EMD Millipore has gone through many changes and continues to do so. The staff in Jaffrey is working to make this site a world class manufacturing facility and has made many improvements in that direction. I would say that the culture is slowly changing as new members of the team lead with optimism and share the vision of what MilliporeSigma will become.
Pros
Free coffee and excellent ergonomic awareness, good benefits, and 3 weeks vacation to start.
Cons
pay scale is low
Great Place to Work
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Working at EMD Millipore was a great experience and I truly enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned a lot from the experience even though it was short term.
Ok Company
Materials department lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 3, 2017
My review is there is no room for advancement in this company and you are also overworked and under compensated. I would not recommend giving time or energy to this company complete waste of time.
Great place to work!
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 1, 2017
I was hired as a Contractor and this is a great work environment. I enjoy interacting with many departments in order to support marketing initiatives.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
only a Contractor
ok
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHDecember 27, 2016
Average large corporation. Going through many large organizational changes over the past 5 years that may / may not be beneficial for the employees depending on their business unit.
The company is well established and has a historic legacy
Customer Audits Management (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 2, 2016
I had many amazing opportunities at both Millipore and EMD Millipore when we were acquired by Merck.

I worked independently and then within a diverse team made off individuals from the Darmstadt side and France.

While there, I was able to make strong contributions to the company goals and accomplished all of my targets.
Pros
Fee coffee
Cons
hard to take time away from work
Productive place
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 18, 2016
Great people to work with, professional, down to earth, and willing to aid you. Their training is well developed and they will help you until you feel comfortable on your own
Great Internship Experinece
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 16, 2016
The company provides a very scientific and intellectual environment where one can benefit the most advanced techniques in analyzing the filtration systems.
Great work environment
Customer File Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 3, 2016
There is a really nice place to work. Everyone is kind and more than willing to answer your questions. I am always learning something new. And I am happy that my teammates are so helpful and knowledgeable. I would like to grow within the company and keep learning all I can. It is a pleasure to work here.
Pros
weekends off, working from home
Cons
none yet