EMD Millipore Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 14, 2016
It was great. I enhanced all my skills and showed how valuable I was to that company. I feel that I should still be there. Mostly every one was nice and helpful.
Fast pace environment
Senior Scientist role and functions (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 8, 2016
There is a more individualistic work ethic than a sense of group work at times. The feeling of constant competition creates rivals between peers.
Group always looking for ideas and ways to improve the quality of research, however many times trends are severely dictate by marketing
people
RD Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2016
I have been working in Millipore for almost 10 years and the best part of working experience there is the fun people. It is a good experience.
Incredible people to work with
Randstad Contractor (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 21, 2016
This would genuinely probably be one of the greatest non-government sector jobs in the near 30 years I've been in the workforce that I've been honored to have. I only wish I could have been there longer! The company is family oriented, works as a team, feels like a family and will be there if and when you need them. It doesn't feel like the corporate world, though it must run that way. If you understand that, and don't take things personally, you'll go extremely far with this company. I would stand behind this company regardless if I was an employee or not!!!
good
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 2, 2016
excellent company, its a very good family and they offer good opportunities, only thing that its kind of hard is the schedule
Nice place to work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2016
It is good place to work but need to have self-starter mentality in order to make changes.

Benefit is good but not at headquarter, so jobs are limited.
Pros
Nice weather
Cons
Too far from down town
Area Sales Manager, Eastern US / Eastern Canada (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at EMD Millipore. I was given many opportunities to expand my experience. A very friendly place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Very nice and educated people
Had a great learning experience
Enhanced all of my customer service skills
Great atmosphere to work in and lots of opportunities
to advance in the company
A great group of people
Material Handler/Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2015
I have 11 great years with EMD. Learned a lot and enjoyed all of it. I just wish there were more opportunities to advance after 11 years.
I learned so much, loved and enjoyed working at EMD Millipore.
Machine Operator, packaging and shipping (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHOctober 3, 2015
EMD Millipore gave me and taught me so many things that I will carry and hold on to for the rest of my life. By saying so I'd like to explain that Millipore took the time to explain and demonstr
Pros
good training and good people
Cons
certain employees
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 28, 2015
R&D has good culture of product development, with focus on customer needs.
Quality, validation departments have great understanding of the processes and products, and ensure launch of quality products.
Very nice place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 8, 2015
decent job, decent pay, people are nice to work with. Highly recommend this place. Hardly any stress, there are days the demand are high but still not bad to work with.
Cleaning room, running machines.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHAugust 18, 2015
Clean your work station, check to make sure you have all the right material and the right number(s) of material to finish every lot/work order. Check all qualifications, and specifications to make sure they are in spec and that the material matches up to the right work order. I learned how to fix certain problems on my own, learned how to be my own mechanic to my machine. Co- workers there are very nice, I enjoyed working with another person, usually its two people per machine, when we were low on people sometimes it would only be one person per machine. I really liked working on the machine, and enjoyed the company of the other working with me. The hardest part of the job, is constantly stopping whatever you are in the middle of doing to check and make sure everything is where it is suppose to be, running like it is suppose to be, and making sure it is still within specification for the customers satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job, was just doing my job. Knowing I was making medical parts that could help other people or even save their life. I left work every morning feel good about the job I had just done.
Pros
Temps still got christmas bonus*
Cons
9 Month probation period, was there for almost 2 years and still no word on being hired. No TOA, no sick time, no vacation, and did not get paid holidays.
productive
Machine Operator IV (Current Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJuly 22, 2015
hard to advance in training. The training system need some improvement. i've learn alot over the years but i would like to advance.
dead end job.
Pleater Operator (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJuly 9, 2015
I worked with good generally people while there on night shift but sadly management shows favoritism in their hiring. i worked there as a temp for over a year and a half and my group lead had no complaints about me, i worked hard and did my job tried to learn new things ( positions) but those in charge hired newer people full down with less experience ( under 6 months). During my duration the majority bathrooms were locked 1 of which was closest to the cafeteria which could have caused a possible health hazard if someone got burnt or something of the sort. I wouldn't say the work is particularly enjoyable but had i learned new things the answer may have been different since my job wasn't particularly challenging with the exception of when we were short handed and had to work the amount of 2 people or more. i've heard from full time co-workers that the benifits are good once hired sadly i never was.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 1, 2015
Learned bottling, labeling, packaging.
Fun at workplace.
Good supervisors.
Sometime very busy.
Helpful people.
Can learn more of different skills.
Pros
Free lunches sometime
Very slow to convert temps to perm
Clean Room Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 28, 2015
You assemble products according to drawing specs and then package and vacuum seal for shipment. 10 hrs a day and standing for the whole shift. After a couple of months, you can learn other processes and equipment, but as you increase your skillset, the pay is the same and it is not used as criteria to make the worker permanent.
Pros
4-day work week
Cons
uncomfortable gowning procedure and short breaks
Good to work here.
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 21, 2015
I have spend good time in EMD Millipore. It is good place to work. But therre are multiple layers of management and it is changing contnously. Most of the work is outsourced.
Pros
Well know for its product
Cons
Multiple layers of management.
Compensation is very low for this type of work
Clean Room Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 14, 2015
You are required to have knowledge of assembly drawings. You assemble, package and seal and vacuum assemblies for shipment. You must have good english skills because you have to fill out documentation.
Cons: Clean room gown and face mask can be uncomfortable.
You often have to deal with listening to hip hop music and top 40 for most of the shift.
Pay is much too low. $12/hr for temp workers
There is no timeframe of when you could be converted to perm status.
Pros: Co-workers are very nice, humble and hardworking.
More than just water systems
Research Applications Scientist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 13, 2015
This company is principally known for its classic Millipore water purification system, but it's much more than that. The Merck/EMD parent company is striving to expand customer recognition of the different products and services that EMD Millipore has beyond its water systems.