EMD Employee Reviews

Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I am an EMD dispatcher. This certificate allows me to give medical instructions over the phone. I am trained to dispatch ambulances and law enforcement to calls appropriately.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
shift work
Environmentally friendly company with a great work-life balance
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 12, 2015
EMD Serono is a fantastic company to work for. I enjoyed showing up every day and discussing science with my peers. Although EMD Serono is a large, international company, the management has found a way to make it feel like a small research company.
Administrative Assistant II, Information Services (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MAJune 3, 2015
Great company to work for with great people, good benefits package and promotes giving back to the community with team community service events.
Great compensation package,
Toxicologist, Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Conservative in new drug R&D fields, low successful rate in late stage development programs in the past few years, co-development of antiPDL1 Ab with Pfizer is a good sign of recovery from the past.
Rec. calls and dispatching approp. care for patients requesting care.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Providing quality care of the sick and injured. Assuring transportation in the most productive care for the patient, Assigning and managing crews for calls needing transport to hospitals, clinics, doctor, and other medical establishments for continuing care.
I don't want to share
associate Scientist II, NDD (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Good company, but the management team kept changing. No job security and personal career development.
Don`t work in the warehouse
shipper 1 (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey NHJanuary 10, 2015
More concerned about numbers than people, lack of any coherent direction from upper mgt, constantly changing priorities, mgt doesn`t follow the same rules as workers.

Not an AMERICAN owned company, privately owned, no oversight.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor communication, top heavy
Talented minds working to make a difference!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 17, 2014
I would start my day with discussing the plan of the day or sometimes week with my supervisor and getting to know the priorities of different experiments.
As this was my first adventure in industrial setting the overwhelming part at the starting was the volume or scale of the work which exponentially higher than the academic setting. But at the same time all my colleagues and supervisor helped me to understand and multitask and manage my time efficiently which made the job easy.
The most important part of working in this industry is the satisfaction that at the end I am going to be a small part of making patients life better.
Pros
healthy work culture with lot of fun celebrations and friday happy hours
Cons
commute
People are friendly, professional, and take their jobs seriously.
Senior Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 19, 2014
Downsizing, doing more with less...
Coworkers were generally great.
Middle management very reasonable.
i enjoyed the interaction with my peers. Fast paced invirnoment, very rewarding. The company was very supportive with my development.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I have gained valuable experience with my time at EMD. The company has helped me with the next step in my career
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere, dedicated employees
Senior Sales Analyst /Sales Opeations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 15, 2014
+ Very fast paced environment.
+ Team atmosphere, goal oriented, customer service oriented.
+ Comp was good, especially being outside of the city.
+ Systems were not cutting edge, but efforts were on-going to incrementally improve.
+ Reportedly, morale is suffering - largely due to uncertainty with the future.
Pros
comp, benefits, no traffic (being outside of metro boston)
Cons
lack of new products, morale needs a jump start.
Run don't walk away from this company if you aren't a scientist
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MassachusettsNovember 13, 2013
If you plan on working inside the labs or as a scientist please do consider this company. Everyone in that sense of the work environment are very nice and wonderful to speak with and learn from.
However, the management style of some is down right unbelievable and unprofessional. You are not able to think on your own and are expected to be a robot. If you have ideas outside of the labs you are not allowed to do anything. You are micromanaged to the point where it borders on plain insulting. Also, if you ask for more work it is seen as a weakness due to trying to be better then other people.
It is overall a very unhealthy work enviornment for those who have higher aspirations.
It is a way they control their employees (who are fewer and fewer because they only believe in contractors). Perm positions are said to be very likely until you start and you realize you would never want to work as a perm employee.
They sell a very good game, but once you are in the true colors always come out. It would be a very interesting place to work for a human study.
If you choose to still apply best of luck and I hope you make it out unscathed.
Pros
well paid, weekly socials, scientists, collaboration
Cons
management style is to bully and make people afraid
Great People driven to improve patients lives
Neurology Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield MO and NW ArkansasSeptember 25, 2013
EMD Serono/Touchpoint Solutions:Delivering exceptional service to patients, healthcare providers and medical institutions through their committement to fighting the disease of Multiple Sclerosis.
Pros
small company
Cons
small company
Accelerated work environment always providing employees with tasks
Information Systems Co-op (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MASeptember 4, 2013
As a co-op student at EMD Serono, guidance from the business intelligence team in the form of helpful and structural teaching provided me with insights on how Agile and Waterfall managed projects get accomplished. I learned the process of retrieiving business user requirements and transforming them into functional and technical specification documents which included technical and use-case diagrams. Also, creating test cases at the conclusion of each project so that the development team and the end user can test each scenario for errors and bugs helped me understand how the team can interpret requirements from the user-customer and produce a finish product that is rolled out to the business and sales teams. Scrum meetings, management guidance, and personal help from each member of the team helped provide me with the understanding of how an Information System's team works in a fast-pace environment with multiple projects being worked on simultaneously.
Good company, diverse group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJune 29, 2013
I worked there as a contract employee so I don't have much information on their pay or benefits package. It was a pleasant working atmosphere and the people were very nice.
Good Company
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FieldJune 7, 2013
Excellent salary and benefits, very competitive with the biopharmaceutical industry.
Pros
salary, benefits, talented employees
Cons
r&d
Senior Drug Safety Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMay 7, 2012
many changes implemented without having enough team members to achieve goals with a work life balance
Innovatives, Mitarbeiterorientiertes Unternehmen
Marketing and Business Dev. Mgr., North America (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 18, 2014
Nette Kollegen,