EMD Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Key Account Manager - Neurology and Immunology (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 26, 2017
EMD Serono is a company that values its employees and works at every level to ensure they are satisfied and compensated for their work. The culture is an open door, employee centric one where staff is valued and input is welcome.
Productive and innovative workplace
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 16, 2017
EMD was a great place to learn plenty about cancer research. You learn about compound formulation for drugs as well as maintaining cell cultures and the like. Overall, the people in all departments are pleasant to work with. As with all jobs, there are slower months with less work to do and then very busy months following. The hardest part is learning all of the material needed for the position as training is pretty rushed (for some), but when a study goes as planned the feeling is wonderful.
Great compensation, no work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 26, 2017
Great compensation, no work/life balance, poor processes. It is a challenging corporation institutionally with poor processes where global processes do not necessarily work.
Nice place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2017
I like working here. the people are very nice and friendly, the commute from my home to here is short. Metro accessible. in downtown DC. Very diverse office.
Pros
short commute in
Cons
Manager is has ridiculously high expectations
it was rewarding to help people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Courtland, AL 35618January 18, 2017
amazing, scary, emotional, exciting, learning capable; most enjoyable about job was fact of being able to assist someone in time of need despite time and knowledge
Team Building
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 14, 2016
I found the employees of EMD Serono to be people of character and willing to do what it takes to complete any and all work assignments.
I would highly recommend this company.
Good environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2016
Excellent culture. No real complaints on my end as an employee. People are nice and generally very competent. It's nice to work for a German company as opposed to Pfizer.
Lots of Travel
Electrical Journeyman/Technician/Designer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Work was diverse but there was a lot of travel involved, Didn't provide all the tools needed to complete field work. they had good compensation for travel and paid when ever you were driving.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Great company with strong customer focus
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 2, 2016
The company is very focused on customer satisfaction, they provide luncheons and try to have fun events throughout the year. Most of the people who work there are very professional and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the days was assisting the patients with processing their prescriptions and managing any potential side effects that may occur from using a injectable.
Pros
Several
Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I am an EMD dispatcher. This certificate allows me to give medical instructions over the phone. I am trained to dispatch ambulances and law enforcement to calls appropriately.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
shift work
Environmentally friendly company with a great work-life balance
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 12, 2015
EMD Serono is a fantastic company to work for. I enjoyed showing up every day and discussing science with my peers. Although EMD Serono is a large, international company, the management has found a way to make it feel like a small research company.
Administrative Assistant II, Information Services (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MAJune 3, 2015
Great company to work for with great people, good benefits package and promotes giving back to the community with team community service events.
Great compensation package,
Toxicologist, Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Conservative in new drug R&D fields, low successful rate in late stage development programs in the past few years, co-development of antiPDL1 Ab with Pfizer is a good sign of recovery from the past.
Rec. calls and dispatching approp. care for patients requesting care.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Providing quality care of the sick and injured. Assuring transportation in the most productive care for the patient, Assigning and managing crews for calls needing transport to hospitals, clinics, doctor, and other medical establishments for continuing care.
I don't want to share
associate Scientist II, NDD (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Good company, but the management team kept changing. No job security and personal career development.
Don`t work in the warehouse
shipper 1 (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey NHJanuary 10, 2015
More concerned about numbers than people, lack of any coherent direction from upper mgt, constantly changing priorities, mgt doesn`t follow the same rules as workers.

Not an AMERICAN owned company, privately owned, no oversight.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor communication, top heavy
Talented minds working to make a difference!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 17, 2014
I would start my day with discussing the plan of the day or sometimes week with my supervisor and getting to know the priorities of different experiments.
As this was my first adventure in industrial setting the overwhelming part at the starting was the volume or scale of the work which exponentially higher than the academic setting. But at the same time all my colleagues and supervisor helped me to understand and multitask and manage my time efficiently which made the job easy.
The most important part of working in this industry is the satisfaction that at the end I am going to be a small part of making patients life better.
Pros
Healthy work culture with lot of fun celebrations and Friday Happy Hours
Cons
Commute
People are friendly, professional, and take their jobs seriously.
Senior Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 19, 2014
Downsizing, doing more with less...
Coworkers were generally great.
Middle management very reasonable.
Innovatives, Mitarbeiterorientiertes Unternehmen
Marketing and Business Dev. Mgr., North America (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 18, 2014
Nette Kollegen,
Gute work life balance,
Aufstiegsmoeglichkeiten
i enjoyed the interaction with my peers. Fast paced invirnoment, very rewarding. The company was very supportive with my development.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I have gained valuable experience with my time at EMD. The company has helped me with the next step in my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2