Emdeon

Emdeon Employee Reviews

Data Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2015
I knew my job so majority of work was done unsupervised. Was very easy going and enjoyable in the work itself. Co-workers were great and helpful. Mangement there on site was very flexible and understanding. Hardest part was leaving a job I enjoyed.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun and interesting at first. New Management change - down the hill from there.
Data Analyst - IDCS Payer Svc Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2015
Nice place to work at first until they changed ownership. Upper management not friendly and too many Senior VP's and not enough help.
Changed dress code to casual everyday, one of the best things about this company
Client Service Manager/Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2015
Worked here for many years, no advancement in company.
Work environment is great. If you like intense relations with clients this is a great place to work.
Good work/life balance but unstable company
Account Manager - West Region (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 14, 2015
Management is constantly turning over and their products do not work as advertised.

There are some really good people that work there but Management is not in touch with their needs.
Great company
Finance (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 7, 2015
Emdeon is a great company. They have many programs to assist you with career advancement. In addition, the work environment is excellent.
Pros
Great career growth opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
great place to acquire experience
Account Manager / Pharmacy Client Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2015
lots of cubicles; overall great place to work; they are well respected in the healthcare IT arena and experience from there goes a long way
It was growing
Post audit (Former Employee) –  Lombard IllinoisAugust 20, 2015
Emdeon was a great experience for me to learn more about my skills and people. It was informative learn more about the medical part of things like insurance and our clients and providers. And it should me a great out look on those matters.
Pros
Cons
Traffic
Love the people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2015
Management is great
Raises are minimal
Advancement is tough
Benefits are great
Work environment is excellent
CEO presents All Hands sessions frequently
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low salaries
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, North carolinaAugust 11, 2015
I really enjoy working with the people here at Emdeon. Everyone is is friendly. We are a happy family and I have learned a lot from the people here.
productive and ok workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnAugust 7, 2015
Learned skills in the call center area here where you have to handle technical problems.used different privatized software's that i can't disclose the nature of, but i will say it was one of the more unique work experiences i have had.the hardest part of the job id have to say was dealing with irate customers over the phone. The best part of the job was that i could utilize some of the budding skills i was developing at the time.Management was in my opinion a little bit lax and needed to better utilize their resources. Another fault i had was that using a staffing agency. don't have a problem with staffing agency's but have had bad experiences with them cutting my contracts short as what happened here, and since it was a contract job there was no chance of benefits. Over all decent place to work but leaves you wanting more out of the people you work for.
Pros
Extended lunch(1hr), optional 15 min break
Cons
lacking benefits, management
horrible.
Document Imaging Operator I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 4, 2015
Emdeon needs better management. one who can accurately fulfill tasks in a timely manner and be respectful towards its employees. Too much work is required for little pay
Productive and fun workplace with the TV in every lunch room.
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 22, 2015
The hardest part of the job is to correct, fix all the operators' mistakes as the role of a quality assurance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn new technologies.
Pros
The company often provides party and free lunches and offers good benefits
Cons
The management uses this worker than another one
Terrible training program and communication
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioJuly 21, 2015
There was no communication - there was no training provided - they threw you into a position and expected you to produce results - the problem was it was a very technical position with computer programming requirements etc and there were no training manuals or any type of assistance available. As the first line of contact with the clients you took a beating for the companies lack of direction, communication, and training.
Emdeon People
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 20, 2015
Taking Pharmacy Calls to assist with their claims to Medicare and Medicaid, also Commercial insurances . The people here make this place one of the best places to work with. But the most impressive thing here is the people, we all work as a team to accomplish so much! I have learned so much about the Medicare and Medicaid industry here, as well as how insurance process and deny claims and why they do so.
Pros
The People
Cons
Smoking/Vaping Area (no in closure at all for inclement weather)
I am a team player and I ENJOY my job!!!!
Precert Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2015
A normal day at work, is to make sure, I have answered all the emails received, from management and employees by the end of my work day. I also have to assign work to my co-workers. I have a good work relationship with management and my co-workers which makes my job easier. The hardest part of my job is making sure, I have done everything, that needed to be done, by the end of the day. That's when I feel the enjoyment, knowing I have completed the task. I have learned to endure!
Pros
learning new things
Cons
my salary
backwards innovation
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 15, 2015
Emdeon is a backwards innovative corporate environment that aggresses thought minded employees who enjoy a high communication and collaborative workplace.
Cons
agressive backward innovative corporate culture
Fun environment with little micromanagement
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2015
A typical day consists of collecting on 100+ accounts via phone and email from Vendors, Providers and Payer accounts. Management does not interfere with daily work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
little management
Good Place to work
BILLING AND COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2015
Good Place to work, management could use some additional training on how to be a more effective manager. I expanded by billing experience and collections experience. My co-workers are wonderful. I enjoyed that I learned something new every day and each day was different.
Challenging workplace
Business Intel Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 23, 2015
A typical work day is very based on different projects. Being a senior member, I always had an opportunity worked with some of the biggest and complex clients.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Driving
Great company
EDI Analyst/Production Support Dept (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 1, 2015
Great place to work at good employees and great managements team. Since it was working on submitting claims to insurance company I have the great experience with WebMD.