Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to women and children. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
We currently have openings for Center Assistants who will be a part of our on-call staff pool. Our on-call staff provide coverage on an as needed basis with no set schedule or guaranteed hours. The shelter operates 24/7. These staff members work at our residential center to ensure efficient daily operations of the residential center while ensuring safety and support for participants. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
.EMPLOYEES AT EMERGE! WORK TOGETHER BY:
- Maintaining confidentiality and trust for all employees, participants and visitors.
- Consistently displaying culturally sensitive behavior and communication for all employees, participants and visitors. Seeking to expand knowledge base to increase cultural sensitivity
- Seeking win/win solutions, valuing interdependence, sharing a common sense of responsibility for the whole
- Acting in a manner that presents the agency in a positive light, and furthering a positive image for the agency.
- Demonstrating a positive and respectful personal appearance. Contributing to a clean and orderly facility appearance
- Demonstrating respect, courtesy and dignity for all.
- Responding in a timely manner in all aspects of communication.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for self, other employees, and visitors in accordance with applicable standards relevant to the position’s job duties
- Displaying adaptability and flexibility to encourage team, participant and agency health including: initiating improvements, demonstrating problem solving and creativity, demonstrating motivation for change and enhancement of the organization.
- Monitors and reports the activities of participants in a twenty-four hour facility
- Provides for the security of the facility and safety of the participants and informs appropriate staff of concerns or needs
- Performs security rounds periodically throughout shift
- Monitors all areas of the facility for upkeep, supplies and maintenance needs and informs appropriate staff of needs
- Performs daily routine upkeep of the facility and grounds
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff
- Assists participants in using the computer, food activities, daily chores, and other daily program activities
- Assist participants in understanding the communal living guidelines of the program
- Monitors participants self-administration of medications
- Monitors participants interactions and provides guidance or crisis intervention as needed
- Maintains appropriate staff/participant boundaries
- Appropriately maintains accurate information in Client Track.
- Provide back-up in responding to callers on the crisis line
- Attends all scheduled meetings and briefings and required In-services
- Uphold all laws, policies, and procedures of the State of Arizona, The City of Tucson and Emerge!
- Performs other related duties
- Crisis intervention skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills using MS Programs. Data Base knowledge helpful
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Effective time management skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience. Post high school education can be substituted for experience.
- One year of relevant experience in a social service agency preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- Fingerprint clearance
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current TB test
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to twenty-five pounds.
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 15 months ago