Emerge Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy helping people with disabilities.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 30, 2016
This would be a wonderful company, but a lot changes are needed in its daily operation. I work with some wonderful co-workers.
Not a fun or fair place to work
job coach (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 28, 2016
No stability or compensation for the job. The job is not a job for people with morals. I was not impressed with working there. The pay was low and they did not care about the welfare or well-being of their employees.
working with disability clients
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 3, 2016
working with mental illness or disbility individuals such as taking them out to anywhere to enjoy their times or fun. Assisting them to be independent at home such as cleaning, feed, keep it clean themselves.
Flexible hours, getting along with other staffs as teamwork.
Pros
taking them out anywhere as they like
Cons
healthcare insurance not coverage
High energy
Quality Assurance Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 3, 2016
The organization serviced over 300 adults with developmental disabilities and as the Quality Assurance Director I was responsible in ensuring that the customer’s homes were in compliance with the state of Maryland regulations. The job wasn't hard; however it challenged me to become better with time management and getting the most out of every minute during the course of day!
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
The amount of miles on my personal vehicle without reimbursement
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJune 2, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work. If you are looking for a job, I would suggest applying to Emerge. They actually care about their employees.
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Emerge is a great place to work. The company is really focused well on individual career growth and work life balance. The benefits are really good for a company of its size but of course you get a trade off from what a larger company would offer. That said the company does pay well and treat you well.
Pros
Worklife balance
Skillful Learning
Maintenance Technician Training (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2015
I learned a lot about Maintenance during my training and also while being an Intern with Skyline Towers (Commonbond Communities) in a fast paced environment.
Challenging work
Outreach Support Specialist /Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 1, 2015
The work was sometimes fast-paced, but gratifying, when a client felt safe and secure. I learned how to have a lot of patience when trying to find the proper resources to help a client. Management was really helpful in assisting with clients safety and welfare. The hardest part of the job is when clients were impatient and would not participate with the program, to better their quality of life. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that a client and their family would be able to progress due to their participation and programs resources and assistance.
Pros
Gratifying work
Cons
Not being able to provide the necessary help to everyone, because the client stopped participating.
client base
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 29, 2015
The client base, created a new and great experience for me to learn and grow with.
Emerge is a good company to work for if you come in not having much experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2014
My shift is from 3pm-11pm; although, it can be flexible if needed staff are in place. I've worked with individuals with intellectual disabilities and behavioral disorders for a period of 23 years so I came to this agency with a wealth of knowledge. I have had difficulty in the past with not being fully staffed or having staff that were chronically tardy or absent from work on a regular basis. The hardest part of my job is not having sufficient staff to assist me in enabling the best possible care for my individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the trainings that are accessible to employees.
Productive family-like environment.
Uknown (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2014
On a typical Monday at work we would polish the woodwork in the sanctuary at the church. It was just something we came up with. My co-workers were all friends I had grown up with since I was younger.
Pros
nice amount of break time, frequent free lunch days, community type environment
Productive work invironment always have new jobs posted. They work within your schedule.
Driver (Current Employee) –  MINNEAPOLIS, MNApril 28, 2014
Early morning drop -offs and evening pick- ups. Some mid day meetings on occasions, great co-workers a lot of team work.
Pros
offers different classes on everything from basic computing to being financially fit
Cons
i just would like more hours but so would everyone
Emerge Solutions
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 14, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I will cherish the friendships I developed while working there.
Pros
excellent company to work with. wonderful staff and management
Cons
waste of paper products
just looking to advance
care counsler / cmt (Current Employee) –  Flint, MDFebruary 12, 2013
i work with a guy with dementria he is fine but its hard to focus on your work when u r being yelled at by his mom. and this job you cant advance
Pros
no travel every day
Cons
dealing with parents
Everyday you get to help someone fulfill their dreams
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MarylandDecember 11, 2012
Everyday house you work at is different, but each can be a new and exciting adventure for you. you learn patience and how to work better with others. You can gain a close relationship with Co Workers and the people you are providing for.
Pros
helping people who are less fortunate than yourself achieve their goals
Cons
sometimes the clients can get alittle verbal and use profanity at you.
Fast paced environment with ample opportunity to gain skill in patient care with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 5, 2012
Fast paced work environment with opportunity to grow. Very little communication is provided between upper management and direct care staff. Lack of professionalism
Pros
financial assistance
Cons
lack of adequate training