EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC Employee Reviews

Not a bad job but not very flexable
Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 21, 2015
I worked for this company for 4 years before I got a raise which was still put me at a lower pay than other client administrators despite having a higher education and more experience than the others in same position. Company doesn't give senior staff scheduling preferences and instead works schedules around new employees. Opportunities to advance and non-existent. The work culture is fairly good but like anywhere there is drama being that there is mostly women in the workplace and it is a high stress environment, but overall it's a good place to work.
Pros
Exciting place to work, fast paced and always changing
Cons
Schedule is not flexible
Fast high engery work place
Client administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2013
This company has undergone new mangament and things changing.
It is a 24 hr emergency care for animals so you never know how your work day will be. Co-workers for the most part are friendly not so easy to to belong to the clicks of certain groups. Hardest part of the job was dealing with death of an animal and the most enjoyable is healing or atleast getting them over the hard part.
Pros
uniform allowance-low cost pet care for your pets
Cons
none or very short breaks-no pay raises- understaffed
All of my co-workers and Drs. were a joy to work with.
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2012
I would begin my evening with my co-workers making sure the clinic was ready for patients. If assigned to the front desk (at least once a week) I would check in/out of patients. Triage patients as they came in. If assigned in the back I would insert catheters, fluid therapy, administer injections, assist in surgery, run labs ect. I learned something new everyday. Myself and co-workers were supportive of each other and assisted each other when needed. The hardest part of my job was losing patients and comforting the owners. The most enjoyable part of my job was everything else.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
loss of patients
Not what I thought it would be
Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale and GilbertMarch 15, 2015
Poor management, poor staff guidance. Several long term employees are favored and allowed to get away with anything. No pay increases, constant text messages, emails and phone calls to come in fill shifts.
Great medicine, but poor management, actually there is NO management.
Have to work all holidays.
Too many non-certified technicians taking care of critical patients.
Pros
pto, vacation, unifirms, ce
Cons
overworked, understaffed, major egos and drama.
Variety of tasks and rewarding
Client Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 2, 2015
Always a variety of tasks to do especially with the high volume of clients. I have learned a lot about animal well being, and how to provide compassionate care to clients who are in a highly emotional state and in a very stressful environment. The most rewarding part of the job is to see patients who were on the brink of death make a full recovery and leave the hospital on the road to recovery.
Pros
pto, client diversity, case diversity, great work culture
Cons
can be a sad enviornment
employee (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 28, 2015
Fast paced and rewarding. If you love people and animals, have compassion and drive, This is the best place to work. You need to be able to react quickly to changes and be able to multi task like a mad man.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Can take and emotional toll some days