EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC

EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC Employee Reviews

Not what I thought it would be
Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale and GilbertMarch 15, 2015
Pros: pto, vacation, unifirms, ce
Cons: overworked, understaffed, major egos and drama.
Poor management, poor staff guidance. Several long term employees are favored and allowed to get away with anything. No pay increases, constant text messages, emails and phone calls to come in fill shifts.
Great medicine, but poor management, actually there is NO management.
Have to work all holidays.
Too many non-certified technicians taking care of critical patients.
Variety of tasks and rewarding
Client Administrator (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pto, client diversity, case diversity, great work culture
Cons: can be a sad enviornment
Always a variety of tasks to do especially with the high volume of clients. I have learned a lot about animal well being, and how to provide compassionate care to clients who are in a highly emotional state and in a very stressful environment. The most rewarding part of the job is to see patients who were on the brink of death make a full recovery and leave the hospital on the road to recovery.
Fast high engery work place
Client administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: uniform allowance-low cost pet care for your pets
Cons: none or very short breaks-no pay raises- understaffed
This company has undergone new mangament and things changing.
It is a 24 hr emergency care for animals so you never know how your work day will be. Co-workers for the most part are friendly not so easy to to belong to the clicks of certain groups. Hardest part of the job was dealing with death of an animal and the most enjoyable is healing or atleast getting them over the hard part.
All of my co-workers and Drs. were a joy to work with.
Vet Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2012
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: loss of patients
I would begin my evening with my co-workers making sure the clinic was ready for patients. If assigned to the front desk (at least once a week) I would check in/out of patients. Triage patients as they came in. If assigned in the back I would insert catheters, fluid therapy, administer injections, assist in surgery, run labs ect. I learned something new everyday. Myself and co-workers were supportive of each other and assisted each other when needed. The hardest part of my job was losing patients and comforting the owners. The most enjoyable part of my job was everything else.

EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC Salaries