Emergency Medical Associates

Emergency Medical Associates Employer Reviews

A good place to grow as a practioner
Physician Assistant, Emergency Department (Former Employee), Hudson, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: i was able to grow as new practicioner
Cons: time away from family
I worked long hours in a busy emergency department with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated providers and nurse
Our Lady of Fatima and St. Joseph's Hospital
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 26, 2014
I have learned a tremendous amount working here and continue to learn more every day. I have vastly improved my Spanish while working in the walk-in clinic and continue to attempt to improve it everyday. I have become comfortable with pelvic exams and providing education to patients about preventative care. I enjoy performing procedures such as suturing – more... and incision and drainage which I have improved upon significantly during my time here. – less
Learning Experience
Clinical Information Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 2, 2014
Cons: overwhelming if you aren't used to the emergency department atmosphere
The job was fun and detailed. Very fast paced environment with energetic people.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJuly 23, 2013
EMA is good to their PA's for the most part. Company is growing and very profitable. Good benefits. Pay lags behind averages in the area. Contact bars you from working at competing hospitals.
Great co-worker
Medical Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee and events like first day of summer
Cons: short lunches and refrig that smell bad
My job is very heck. But, I enjoy it. There is never a dull moments. I have learned a new system (NextGen), My co-workers are great they help when I ask for it.
The hardest part of my job is complete the job the same day. It depends on the issue if I could complete it.
The enjoyable part is we are like family we take care of each other.
Excellent doctors with high standards.
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDDecember 17, 2012
Pros: very cooperative
As a scribe, I had the privilege of working directly alongside physicians where I was responsible for recording patient histories of present illnesses, gathering past medical and family histories, recording radiology and laboratory findings, documenting consults, admitting patients, writing discharge instructions, and assisting during procedures. It – more... was simultaneously my responsibility to maintain patient flow throughout the department.

I learned a great deal of medical information which was not only clinical but legal and political as well. I had excellent co-workers and was managed by a physician in the emergency department. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with patient numbers and the most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment. – less