EMERGENCY

EMERGENCY Employer Reviews

Seasonal yet rewarding
Training Assistant (Current Employee), Goshen, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: short hours and very friendly people
Cons: low pay and sporadic work
Typically sessions last about 3 or 4 hours, and usually take place during weekday nights. Class size can range from 10 - 50 participants, and differ between first time EMT's and current EMT's re-certifying. I have learned that different people require different learning methods, time constraints and conditions to improve their skills. Much patience – more... is required as well as a level head. Management is does an excellent job at putting the right people together so that optimal synergy is achieved. Everybody gets along very well with the participants even though tensions are high. The hardest part of the job is failing people, though this is necessary to protect the public from unqualified technicians, it heart-wrenching to see someone's hard work be delayed till next year. The most enjoyable part of the job is the excitement and joy I see on members' faces when they pass. – less
good experience
Intake Nurse (Current Employee), St LouisJuly 17, 2014
Calm and relaxed work environment! A great learning experience.
Department of Raddiology
X ray Technician (Former Employee), HavanaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pace enviroment
Cons: nothing
I work like X ray technician at Emergency. I work 24 hours shifts every 72 hours
Wonderful place to gain experience
Administrative HR Manager (Former Employee), Novi, MIApril 15, 2014
Pros: wonderful tuition reimbursement program; embraces education
Cons: very little room for advancement
Good position and organization to gain added experience in human resource management, however, very difficult to segway into a position that compliments your credentials.
Great Job
Trauma Registrar (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: working the dayshift
Cons: sometime working in seclusion
A typical day at work would be to open up admitting/outpatient at 5am received the first surgical patient to registrar. Throughout the day I would sometime do pre-certs, or go into scheduling receiving inbound calls to schedule various procedures. And on certain days I went to the Emergency room and did ER registration to cover various shifts because – more... I was trained on the nigh shift for 3 years before going into admitting. – less
emergency services
corporate emergecy (Former Employee), Cairo, GADecember 1, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
Reply all calls coming after working hours for our customers and solve all their need such as issuing tickets, booking hotels and cars through our systems on the spot
Best Place to get
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Brea, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great 911 experience
Cons: pay
Great place to learn and gain experience in the workplace as well in life. Also gives you opportunities to move up in position and transfer options to other stations for further gains and experience. Offers an amazing work environment with great Co-Workers and supervisors who help with everything from stress that comes with the line of work and any – more... questions you have. – less
Provide exceptional nursing care, and to do this were it's the top priority.
Nursing Assistant/ Transporter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2013
Caring
How to become self-less
How to work as a team
How to teach and be taught
Able to be myself
Many education opportunities
editdelete Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2013
Most shifts were very busy, however staff and supervisors were always very helpful.
I feel like I left my family when I left HMNMH
Staff Nurse/MICN/ (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CaliforniaAugust 29, 2013
Working here was like working with family. We had a great team work mentality. I miss it terribly.

The docs, nurses and techs were truly fantastic and really provided excellent care.
COMMUNITY FOCUSED WITH EXCELLENT RESOURCES
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 16, 2013
PATIENT CENTERED FACILITY WITH EXCELLENT RESOURCES. THE EMERGENCY ROOM IS A FACED ENVIRONMENT WITH A VAST OPPORTUNITY FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH.
Hard working boss
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2012
Nice boss but work wasn't enough. Had to wait maybe days in order for us to get a job to go to.
Productive and fun place to work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: quiet workplace and easy to adapt.
Cons: working overnight hours.
A typical day at work involves answering phones, checking equipment, and monitoring videos. I got along with everyone at work and even developed friendships. I enjoyed every bit of my job.
If you love the rush, its for you.
Driver of component truck (Former Employee), In.March 24, 2012
Pros: paid a days work, if you worked through after midnight, and had the day off
Cons: must be at work within 1 hour after the call, (happens alot)
Figures out 24/7 on call 365 days is no life for me, you cannot imagine how many times you can get called out in a single day.
lots of opportunities to learn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), KathmanduJuly 8, 2014
a place where someone can work and learn at the same time. everyday you can learn different skills
Worked on Ambulance
RN (Former Employee), ChinaJune 16, 2014
Assess, intervene and stabilize a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action.
Move patients, take blood samples, clean and bandage wounds, administer medications and maintain proper supplies of medical equipment.
Never a dull moment!
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers and atmosphere
Cons: short-staffed
There really wasn't a "typical" day at work. As a part of the team in the ER at Toronto Western Hospital (TWH) I was consistently under pressure to perform at my best and to be alert for any instances which would require quick thinking.

I learned that I am able to work just as well in a team environment as I am on my own as there were occasions where – more... we would be short staffed, or I would be working the overnight shift.

A difficult part of the job was the turn-over. Working in such a stressful atmosphere with extremely high demands is not for everyone, and so we were constantly training within the department; which has its benefits and struggles.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the TWH. The staff are incredible and I really found gratification in my position. – less
Productive, fast pace work environment with exceptional friendly and helping staff.
Bed Reservations Coordinator (Former Employee), Lion's Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day at work includes:

-Working with emergency nursing stuff and pursuing patient transfers to designed designations and different hospitals via BC bedline
- perform timekeeping functions, compile statistics, types and distributes a variety of technical and non-technical reports
- assisting with patient registration services
- transcribes – more... and processes’ physicians’ orders
- arrange for client admissions and discharges

The nursing and doctors were always friendly and were always willing to help when in need. The hardest part of the job was seeing certain situations not turn out to the way you wanted them to. Ex. Unexpected patient deaths.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that you helped make a difference in someone's life. – less
I love my job
COMMUNITY TRAINING OFFICER/LEAD INSTRUCTOR FIRE (Current Employee), Dubai UAENovember 10, 2013
I am a trainer in a very esteemed organization in uae, i travel all over UAE, I visit different companies during my job. i am a social person
Sunnybrook
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: everyone is out for themselves instead of what's best for the company!
Everyday in Chemistry and Haematology is the same thing that I saw the day before. I was always looking for something more but couldn't find it here.