Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 31, 2016
Emergent Biosolutions is a great place to work. Excellent environment and I learned a lot throughout my time working there. Quick career advancement if you are a hard working employee. Only reason I am looking for other employment is because they are downsizing and I was a part of an employee severance.
Pros
Compensation
Great place to make the world and yourself better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2016
The culture at Emergent made it amazing, people there follow 5 core values to include: respect, commitment, communication, empowerment and innovation. This combination got everybody on the same page and made you love coming to work.
Pros
Cons
Priority management
Career Starter
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2016
Good place to go to get experience but the management can be terrible.... Not a lot of room for growth. They claim you can successfully move up the ladder but it turns out its very difficult unless you know someone....Benefits are great especially PTO.
Pros
Flexible, PTO
Great Co-Workers, Terrible Hours, Poor Management
Assistant Technician, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 14, 2016
I almost always worked over my scheduled 12 hour shift. Upper management was not honest when they hired me as a temporary employee, knowing that they were making a transition within a couple years that I would likely not be a part of. My co-workers were great, many of them were in the same boat I was. I learned to operate with great attention to detail, but few functional skills that will translate to other jobs in my future.
Excellent benefits package, lackluster environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 9, 2016
As a manufacturing technician the job itself was repetitive but enjoyable because of the team environment. Over the years, however, Emergent has become more and more dysfunctional. This is mostly due to a few rotten eggs in site leadership. One or two bullies and sycophants in the upper echelons really create a trickle down effect of unhappiness.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 20, 2016
This is a vey reputable company. Some jobs operate on a shift schedule. The company however offers amenties tat allows the employee to be comfortable while working late and weekend shifts.
Enjoyable work environment
Senior Technician (Aseptic Operator) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 6, 2016
24-7/365 manufacturing of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA). I learned how to use SAP software. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony of executing the same procedures everyday with minimal variance.
n/a
Accounting Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2016
never worked here before. i worked for emergent professional services which is a staffing agency. indded selected the wrong employers name for my employment.
Want to wake up and go to workl.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 4, 2016
Have enjoyed my time here. Wish I could continue working with such a great work force. Have learned a lot and would love to continue to learn.
Lack of Core Values
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 14, 2016
Lack of trust and dishonesty abound. Due to their reliance on government funding they are blocked by red tape and can't get out of their way. More political than strategic
Emergent
HRIS Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
Emergent is similar to other companies of its size in that some dept are well managed while others are a nightmare. Be sure to vet the managers you'll be working with prior to joining.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Terrible place to work for little pay
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 24, 2015
Long hours are always encouraged without the recognition or compensation
Management does not embrace the values of the organization but forces the staff to use them
Management always seemed unprepared for audits when lower level personnel pulled the majority of the weight
Pros
Good benefits and company off site functions
Cons
Terrible management, some questionnable practices, no work life balance
Great People
Sr. Director - Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 23, 2015
The people are at the heart of this company. Colleagues were outstanding. As the company grew, management lost site of staff and instead of truly working on the culture they resorted to a fa├žade.
Pros
people, collegiality, compensation
Growing Company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 7, 2015
Growing and in some ways exciting company to work for. A lot of positives - good corporate culture etc, but a lot of politics in getting promotions.
Productive and nice place to work.
Packaging Inspector, Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
We worked two shifts, nice place to work. People are nice and I gained a lot of experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is we travel.
Overall a decent place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 24, 2014
I was in charge of completing testing on animals using the anthrax virus and vaccine. I would clean caging,feed and water animals, complete housekeeping, They had me start revising and authoring SOP's. I was a certified trainer as well and in charge of training staff.I learned that the job possessed a great deal of growth. If you showed desire to learn they offered classes and training. I learned what it takes working in an environment that is highly FDA regulated. My co-workers were great. we worked well as a team and we would all hang out after work/go to lunches together. For the most part i liked management there. They were fair and allowed the employees to do their job. Hardest part of the job was having to test animals. What I enjoyed most was the family atmosphere I had with my coworkers and that I learned a lot there.
Pros
Excellent culture and morale
Cons
Was asked to take on more responsibility and yet get paid the same.
Potentially great company
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR - US (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PA (remote)November 25, 2013
As a remote NSD the job was to work out of the home office in Berwyn and in the field. Job changed from every three weeks in the home office and one week in the field to every week in the field or home office. Travel increased with no family balance. Position should be based in Berwyn to meet the expectations of the company. The company is Canadian based, with a manufacture driven view. They would like to become a commercially driven entity, but have a long way to go. Extremely high turnover with a cloudy vision given by the executive team.
Pros
cash heavy, acquisition mode
Cons
socialistic type mentality, poor pay and bonus and benefits
Fast paced work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 13, 2015
I've had the ability to learn a lot about a wide array of company systems and processes. My co-workers are great and make the job enjoyable. Management holds all of the decision making power and even then, only senior management is allowed to make any decisions. There is definitely room for growth for those without advanced degrees and those with advanced degrees aren't given much room to exercise their expertise and problem solving skills. The hardest part of the job is the rate at which work is expected to be completed as there is not much time between a decision being made and completion of that task.
Good benefits/High Stress
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 26, 2015
The company did more for me in terms of personal growth and benefits than I thought any company ever would. The work/life balance left something to be desired and compensation was a little lacking for my position.
Strong company with opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 18, 2015
The company has grown significantly. Lots of opportunities and lots of positive changes over the past years but growth pains too just like any company going through significant growth and change. Ehtical company with a strong CEO. Work along side many talented people.
Pros
Growth, good pay and benefits, opportunity to get out of it what you put in
Cons
Still a lot of change and some not happening as quickly as desired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7