Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2017
Over all I enjoy working there it has great vacation benefits work around my school time management is great. A lot of off site activities for employees to take part in.
Relaxed
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 31, 2017
Sitting down all day inspecting packets and we boxed the packets and wrap them for shipping take them to the back to put them on the shelf for pick up
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough hours
Special Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 22, 2017
The company was a great place to work. The executive staff and their assistants were very easy to work with. Advancement opportunities were always available. The culture of the company was one of an open door policy.
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 24, 2017
Balanced paced, as long as you are coherent, you can do well there. I actually would complete my work so quick that I took over and helped others complete their work along with them.
Pros
free lunch on pay-day plus free breakfast. always free soda.
Cons
traveling there can run into traffic.
Good Salary
Manufacturing-Reliability Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2017
As an engineer here here you do everything from hands on machine repairs to managing capital project to designing brackets to hold brooms and mops. No one day is the same.
Management Issues
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2017
Management at this site is under qualified for their positions, hence, without the proper leadership, this site cannot advance. Most don't have the necessary skill sets required to take this company to the next level.
Culture Commitee Activites during Work Hours
Quality Assurance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Self, Management and Peer Reviews performed annually.
One on One sessions with manager performed periodically at the employees request to review progress towards annual goals.
Team Building activities during working hours.
Senior Management supports employees in local community activities. Provides 8 hours of pay to all employees to use for community activities (e.g. Habitat for Humanity, Stuffing School Pack-Backs for Children of the Military)
Pros
Every payday, compnay provides donuts and bagels.
Cons
Personal Time Off is both vacation and sick time.
Overall good company doing great work but stability heavily dependent on government contracts
Specialist I, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Giathersburg, MDJanuary 9, 2017
The company does very interesting work and seems to genuinely care about employees' well-being. Management is very transparent. Job stability is highly dependent on acquisition of government contracts. In certain departments, employee expectations are not clearly defined and advancement seems to be very subjective.
Great place to make the world and yourself better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2016
The culture at Emergent made it amazing, people there follow 5 core values to include: respect, commitment, communication, empowerment and innovation. This combination got everybody on the same page and made you love coming to work.
Pros
Cons
Priority management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 20, 2016
This is a vey reputable company. Some jobs operate on a shift schedule. The company however offers amenties tat allows the employee to be comfortable while working late and weekend shifts.
Lack of Core Values
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 14, 2016
Lack of trust and dishonesty abound. Due to their reliance on government funding they are blocked by red tape and can't get out of their way. More political than strategic
Want to wake up and go to workl.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 4, 2016
Have enjoyed my time here. Wish I could continue working with such a great work force. Have learned a lot and would love to continue to learn.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 31, 2016
Emergent Biosolutions is a great place to work. Excellent environment and I learned a lot throughout my time working there. Quick career advancement if you are a hard working employee. Only reason I am looking for other employment is because they are downsizing and I was a part of an employee severance.
Pros
Compensation
Enjoyable work environment
Senior Technician (Aseptic Operator) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 6, 2016
24-7/365 manufacturing of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA). I learned how to use SAP software. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony of executing the same procedures everyday with minimal variance.
Great company to work for
Subcontract Administrator, Senior (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 22, 2016
Nice place to work, they really care about their products and employees. They just opened a work out center and a cafe at our headquarters.
n/a
Accounting Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2016
never worked here before. i worked for emergent professional services which is a staffing agency. indded selected the wrong employers name for my employment.
Great Co-Workers, Terrible Hours, Poor Management
Assistant Technician, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 14, 2016
I almost always worked over my scheduled 12 hour shift. Upper management was not honest when they hired me as a temporary employee, knowing that they were making a transition within a couple years that I would likely not be a part of. My co-workers were great, many of them were in the same boat I was. I learned to operate with great attention to detail, but few functional skills that will translate to other jobs in my future.
Excellent benefits package, lackluster environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 9, 2016
As a manufacturing technician the job itself was repetitive but enjoyable because of the team environment. Over the years, however, Emergent has become more and more dysfunctional. This is mostly due to a few rotten eggs in site leadership. One or two bullies and sycophants in the upper echelons really create a trickle down effect of unhappiness.
Career Starter
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2016
Good place to go to get experience but the management can be terrible.... Not a lot of room for growth. They claim you can successfully move up the ladder but it turns out its very difficult unless you know someone....Benefits are great especially PTO.
Pros
Flexible, Pto
Cons
Productive and nice place to work.
Packaging Inspector, Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
We worked two shifts, nice place to work. People are nice and I gained a lot of experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is we travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9