The ideal candidate will be the one who no longer wants to work in corporate America but wants to make a large impact on the success of a growing company. This is a ground floor opportunity for the entrepreneurial minded candidate who would like to become part of something bigger. Our company is in need of a candidate who is interested in starting to build a bigger business and reap the rewards of that growth. Successful candidates will have industrial programming experience and ability to work in a team focused environment. Emerging Technologies, LLC. is a Manitowoc based provider of leading edge custom test solutions for development, research, and manufacturing. Our clients are fortune 100 and Fortune 500 corporations, the largest of their kind. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, flexible work environment, and benefits.
Electrical / Electronic computer and embedded control system design from specification. Develop Electrical / Electronic drawings. Ability to create and modify, Power, Elementary, Schematic, I/O, and mechanical layout diagrams. Printed Circuit Board layout. Wiring and enclosure fabrication. Supervise Associate Technologies Specialist tasks at times.
Typical tasks include creating new engineering drawings from marked up existing drawings or from specification. Update software / firmware from marked up flow diagrams or source code printouts. Develop software / firmware from concept, software flow diagram, or specification. Develop PCB layouts. Test and verification of software and powered hardware. Enclosure fabrication and wiring, troubleshooting and electrical checkout. Field installation and checkout.
- Software development skills (C#, LabView, .net framework, and/or Visual Basic)
- Electrical/Electronic Design
- Basic Mechanical Design
- Communication, written and oral
- Wiring & Fabrication
- Electrical / Electronic System Troubleshooting
- Field commissioning
- Work independently to complete tasks effectively in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule.
- Proactively communicate project status and issues to Senior Technologies Specialist.
- Customer interface dealing directly with customer contacts for execution and deployment of the project.
- Management of assigned tasks.
- Support successful execution of Associate Technologies Specialist tasks.
Typical tools include Microsoft Products, Office and Visual Studio, CAD, Code Editors (e.g. MicroCode Studio & MPLAB IDE), National Instruments Products, LabView and TestStand. Microcontroller Programmers (Typically for Microchip and Atmel Products).
Ability to run machine shop equipment is a plus.