Emeritus Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

Great Work Expierence
Receptionist/Administrative Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 31, 2016
Advancement in the corporation, Supportive Team members and Head department Management. Maintained Monthly budget for activities,caring for residents,
Residents are pleasant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Terrace, CAMay 25, 2016
Good place to work to gain experience working with the elderly if you're trying to get into the health career. You work with many different personalities and all sorts of situations including medical care, dispensing medications and personal care to the residents.
Pros
Residents are very pleasant
Cons
Hours not so flexible
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 16, 2016
Fun place filled with activities for residents. also activities for staff to volunteer and build relationship with residents.
Pros
quiet, organized
Emeritus had awesome residents
RA (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 12, 2016
I liked working graveyard at Emeritus due to the workload was a lot different. I enjoyed watching over the residents and providing quality care for them. The hardest thing about the work there was management. They never understood what it was like to be in our shoes.
Pros
The smiling residents
Cons
management no cooperative at all
I enjoyed the people I worked with during the first Year of employment
Residents Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 6, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and exceeded great quality customer care service during the first year. How every it reached to a point after the new company ( Brookdale ) took over they brought a new way of making the schedule which was every hard for us. I felt like I will not reached my full potential and I was no longer challenged
Pros
Cons
We had 30minute break and 15minute break
love my job
cna (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAApril 12, 2016
busy everyday,the management was ok, co works was ok too, there was not hard about the job, love my job, I love the resdents i was there to take care of
Pros
good poeple
Cons
co works comeplain to much
Great for those who care about people
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2016
It was great to make quality meals around people who care. Staff is caring and management is strong. If quality is your moto this is a great place for you.
Emeritus
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 30, 2016
This was the best job I have ever had. I loved seeing my residents everyday! Making them happy. I worked at and Alzheimer's and dementia unit and they were some of the best people i have ever met. they had their good days and their bad days but even in their bad days you can change it by how you interact with them.
Pros
Residents, Family oriented
Cons
Emeritus senior living was a wonderful family oriented workplace
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Working at emeritus senior living was like a family oriented workplace involving staff & residents alike. They have been bought out by brookdale senior living now.
sweet residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 23, 2016
worked in the memory care Alzheimer unit,learned to more more passionate with the elderly,manager was nice to work for,coworkers were friendly, hardest part of the job, was seeing residents missing there children and families.
Pros
great Christmas party
Cons
not enough help
An Opportunity of Wealth and Appreciation for the Elderly
Business Office Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2015
Just seeing the smiles on the faces, Them enjoying spending time with me and the other Directors as we would walk around daily meeting and greeting
Pros
Staff awesome
Cons
Go There
Hard Work
Resident Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 26, 2015
The work is non-stop. I learned about my passion to care for those with dementia. The management was friendly and outgoing. Co-workers would come and go, likely due to the low pay rates. How much work needed to be done, in relation to how much a caregiver was being paid ...no one sought fair. The best part of the job, was the ability to spend meal times with residents, and help put a smile on their face. The hardest part was dealing with death on a weekly basis. Laundry, dressing, bathing, caring, etc. for residents was included in daily living.
organized
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 8, 2015
experienced workers who help you out when running behind very reliable. its one big happy love and hate family relation but always fun and the residents always come first.
Bad pay, fun staff
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WADecember 8, 2015
Pay is terrible. Kitchen workers make minimum wage, aides make maybe 11 bucks an hour. Food is great, good quality. Not enough aides to work the floor. Reception and bill the manager is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches, fun reception, family like
Cons
Bad pay
tough place to work
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2015
Emeritus was a difficult place to work as the organization was more committed to self preservation as opposed to doing a good job.
A day with music and fun
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2015
The best part of my job is helping people. Sitting with them engaging in conversation and laughter and even the tears so they no the are cared abot
decent place to cook if you have patience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 23, 2015
director really cared about residents and how to provide them with best food possible other departments made working there more difficult.
respectable work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLOctober 14, 2015
if you care about working hard and helping people this is a great job. it's not crazy pay but for a working college student like i was it worked. it's been many years now and they have new management so maybe its gotten better
Resident Aide
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHSeptember 25, 2015
The home itself is beautiful well kept, I would live there. as for management, they are a joke. Hiring untrained inexperienced individuals to take care of residents that need skilled care.
the staff is 50/50 there are super hard workers that carry the load and there are those who are good at getting out of their fair share of the work. they are tight with management . they never get the mandatory over time and they also get the better shifts. if you are a hard devoted worker the residents will love you and that's your reward. don't plan on being noticed or receiving help from anyone else.
seasonal hire
Caregiver/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 23, 2015
Target was a fun place to work. Job security was a big issue being a seasonal hire, and the scheduling was all wrong. Overall nice place to work with great discounts.