Emeritus Senior Living Employee Reviews

I love the residents
RSA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 26, 2017
I really love the residents there I enjoyed my time there I had a very bad miscarriage so I had to rezine never was late never had rites ups got along real good with the residents n higher authorities
Pros
Free lunch
Fun location
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2017
Large company, great benefits. Does have a medicaid license and does a great job supporting our seniors. Location is awesome for business. near airport and on busy street for easy access.
Not very productive
CNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 13, 2017
It seemed more like a skilled facility and not assisted living. Not good teamwork. Not a very good clean environment. Workers are not rewarded and appreciated.
Loss of empathy and compassion in corporate America.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 28, 2017
I loved my job and the interaction with family and residents at the community. It was the expectations of corporate and all the repetitious reports for regional directors to micro manage staff without having a clue about the families we helped. It is business and money but I feel like the reason they have all the revenue is due to the clients that move loved ones in under duress from situations out of their control. The caring piece is getting lost in corporate America. But on the flip side so many good people are front line staff that really care about the residents and families. I do feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with so many wonderful individuals.
Pros
Families and residents we helped
Cons
Long days and nights working.
Old Company/ name changed
Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 15, 2017
This was a fine place to work. The employees were great. . However, the company was purchased by a different company and may no longer exist. Overall, the atmosphere allowed one to help the elderly.
Lovely Residents. Horrid Management.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 9, 2017
Constantly under staffed to meet proper job requirements. Which causes Lack of proper care to the residents, who sadly, pay a large amount to get less than mediocre care. Lack of concern towards or for the safety of residents or staff personnel needs from supervision personnel on multiple levels and occurrences. Unsafe environment unless major improvement are made.
My experience at Emeritus.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Emeritus. It was a good enviorment and I always stayed late if they needed me to. I was not often late and I was friendly to almost all of my coworkers.
Executive Sous Chef
Sunrise Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAMarch 23, 2017
Great Quality of foods Services personal, i would to recommend this place now Call Brookdale i was also the cluster great experience. nice people left good memories there.
Productive very busy
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2017
Very busy workplace the staff there were amazing and very professional. I loved the relationship I built with each of the residents there. The served really good food
Pros
Free lunch
Emeritus
Memory Care Program Director (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 11, 2017
Emeritus Senior Living merged with Brookdale Senior Living in 2014. I spent 6 years working for Emeritus in many different roles. I was grateful for the opportunity, but once gaining experience, I chose to move on.
Nice people
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2017
Patience is a virtue when working here, lovable people, great atmosphere, outstanding staff. Lots of activities for residents and their families. Well informed.
Pros
Great atmosphere, nice people
Cons
Breaks/lunch, shift change
Nice Place to work,excellent set up, Wonderful Staff
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Emeritus! It was a great company! There was a lot.of structure for both caregivers and residents. What I loved the most about working at Emeritus were the wonderful friendships I developed with my residents. I enjoyed doing activities with my residents like playing Bingo and doing Memory Jogging exercises. I worked in the Memory Care Unit so we did extra activities. I enjoyed singing and Reading to my residents. I also liked the fact that Emeritus really made sure that thier staff was trained.
Pros
very structured, wonderful opportunity for advancement
Cons
Low Pay Rate
wonderful place 2 work
cert. medtech/cert. caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Every day was busy ,but fun ,but it would get hard at times when staff would do a no call no show,or tiring 2 redirect resident's in memory care,but not hard enough 4 me because i LOVE what i do .Management was great and fair with all staff,and 2 me that's very important.wonderful work place .Everyday was enjoyable 4 me i love the challenge,and i am kind,caring,understanding with staff,residents,and there families.I LOVE MY JOB,AND I LOVE WHAT I DO.
Great place to gain experience
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYFebruary 16, 2017
If you are a CNA or an aide looking to learn how to administer medications and much more this is the place. You will learn how to give medications, do treatments, assist with insulin pens, charts and so on. You will also assist in different areas such dining services.
Pros
Good work experience
Fun place to work
QMAP/Caregiver Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
The staff and management was great, didn't have any problem with them. The hardest part of the job is learning the rules and regulations, the residents and their routines and how they like things done. The most enjoyable part was talking to the residents and getting to know them and hearing stories from their past. Learning from the residents and becoming part of their life's on a daily basis
needed improvement
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2017
I enjoyed prepping, cooking and serving to on average of 65 residence daily for breakfast, lunch and diner. I loved getting to know the residence and they will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Stressful but rewarding relationships
Diet Aid/ Server (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 15, 2017
the best part about this job is having the relationship with the residents. The job is fast/ quick so time flies really fast. The job is however exhausting and the staff members always work short staff. The manager has a lot of energy.
Pros
relationship with residents
Cons
overwork
Rewarding!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stow, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working with the residents so much. Never had a more fulfilling job! The pay was not all that good considering all the work we had to do though.
Cons
short breaks
learning alot.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHDecember 2, 2016
When working here I really learned a lot. This showed me the real meaning of multitasking. I learned how to deal with multiple people at one time. Showed me that everybody is not the same. How to provide care to the highest expectation of the residents.
Enjoyed my time there
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2016
A lot of management turnover, seemed like every week a new person in chain of command. I did like employees, and residents were good to get to know. Facility was undergoing remodeling, it needed it
Pros
Worked morning shift
Cons
Turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emeritus Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9