Emeritus Senior Living Employee Reviews

Great company
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: cant think of anything bad to say
I was heart broken when I heard the company was selling. I was hoping to retire from this company. I felt they had excellent values and management was always a call away and would help solve major problems that could not be handled inside community...
Was a wonderful place to work.
Resident Care Director (Current Employee), Niles, MIAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Compassionate and Resident centered care.
Cons: Merger
I was Resident care Director and loved working with my Residents, we had a great team and wonderful teamwork, then the company merged and then was sold again with in 6 months and has been hard to move forward through the Merger, still in the learning process for the new company.
Cool Job....
Medication Technician/ Care Manager (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2015
Very fun place to work, with a lot of teamwork and family orientation. Job was very easy going, residents were loving........
welcoming facility and really cared for there residence
med tech (Former Employee), clearlake caJuly 30, 2015
i loved working here, people were nice and for the most part everyone worked really well with eachother. while working here i have had the oppertunity to join in some of the fun activities they did with there residence. kings games, budweiser factory and many more
Fun interactive place to spend Sunday's
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJuly 28, 2015
Emeritus is a nice environment where we can interact and socialize with an elderly community whose families may not be close by. It is a good opportunity to show them support and friendship. Volunteer Work.
Good environment
LVN Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Didn't know if company would be sold out again.
Fun place to work. Encouraged development and growth. Loved the staff and residents. Residents were treated with respect and given good care.
OK
Caregiver (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Staff was a family, etc
Cons: Bosses weren't always open to suggestions, etc.
I loved working at emeritus.. For a very long time. But when caregivers started leaving & we became short, I saw that the management didn't do their part in helping & majority of the caregivers were overworked or overwhelmed. Its a great job with great pay but the conditions at the point were a lot to deal with.
Great Staff and Residents
Med-Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work is checking on my residents needs by answering our paging system, I pass out medication for my residents on a scheduled time and assist them with needs through out the night. Management at the facility is amazing I could not ask for a better team of directors! Co-workers are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting attached to our residents, and watching them move on to another facility. We get attached to them and their wonderful families so its always tough to see them transfer out.

Most enjoyable part of my job, is the conversation, hugs and smiles i receive everyday.
I enjoyed working most of the time
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: more family like enviroment
Cons: sometimes they don't have enough staff and have to have people stay
Most thing I enjoyed there was working with some coworkers and getting to know residents. you tend to get close to them and begin to see them as family. typical day at work is usually busy, coworkers I had my shift were great to me. hardest part of leaving was saying goodbye to residents as well as everyone that was kind to me.
Wonderful environment
Staff RN (prn) (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough hours
I worked on the Skilled Unit. There were some Hospice patients. I enjoyed working with the patients and getting to know their families. The supervisors were great--always willing to lend a hand or to answer questions. I would recommend this facility to anyone.
Enjoyable Learning and making a difference
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Learning in: Nursing, Office mgmt., How to alleviate stress, positive results
Cons: 85 residents to 1 nurse ratio
Enjoyed the residents ,I assisted, in fulfilling their lives. Encouraged activities, doing things for themselves and feeling proud and accomplished, keeping them safe, Administering the treatment and/or medications ordered by physicians under the LPN scope of Practice.
I enjoyed the staff I worked with. they were very compassionate and
professional.
I learned everyday how to become a better nurse and a better person, especially from my Director.
The most difficult part of the job was a death of a resident and consoling family.
Productive and skilled work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 10, 2015
I enjoy working with other hard-working employees, the best part of me working is helping and touching others if its by taking care of them, or assisting them with any form of needs.
nice company
Medication aide/cna (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
nice company also has great benefits and lots of on the job training assisting with the seniors with their daily living and helping them cop with their crisis
I was productive and interacting
Caregiver/ server (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be clock in, check the ADL'S then go do m first round to check on them, take them down for dinner, do someones or a couple of there laundry, bathe them. The hardest part was seeing them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking, having fun with them.
productive place to work
marketing Diector (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: loved working in brand new community
Cons: needed help that wasn't always available
I enjoyed being able to work on my own and set my own. I worked with construction people and community leaders. I spent a lot of time with people and really enjoyed it. I found that I could and did
develop leadership skills.
productive and fun and i loved the residents
housekeeper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 1, 2015
i loved emeritus. I learned that you have to take care of the residents the same way you would want someone to take care of one of your loved one.
Joining The Alzhiemer Journey is a challange never to be forgotten.
Resident Assistant and Medical Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Working with Alhiemers is very rewarding for me
Cons: Watching the disease progress is difficult and sad
For me working with Alzheimer's was just as challenging as it was rewarding. It opened my eyes to a new world and brought to me a passion which I plan to follow in my future.
Work place was educatinal
Medical Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Fast paced working as a Med Tech. Learned to be patient, listen, advance in communication skills. Co-workers were awesome, made work a fun environment. The hardest part I would have to say was coming to an end of a friend and family. Residents become family, friends. An understanding, lovable, companionships end on both parts was a healthy one though. Most enjoyable part of the job for me were the residents.
Workplace moral and benefits
Memory Care Director (Former Employee), Lecanto, FLMarch 13, 2015
This place offered a great balance of workplace moral, employee recognition, and benefits. The company allowed for overtime hours and opportunities for advancement within the business
Hard Working,Self Suffient, Relible, Honesty, Time Management.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, sales on bus passes, really nice respectful staff, alot of helper, really helpful staff
Cons: no over time offrede, . had to work both weekends, and no fulltime schdule.
Learned how to answer phones and meal plan also learned how to keep a clean work environment patients and how to be responsible. How to work in the front end of the office also on the outside grounds learned time management and how to care for others that may not have access like I have like getting my own food are even walking to my bed on my own two feet taught me how to appreciate life and the things in it. Prepared me to be a good on time respectful employee and how to have lots of patients. Also taught me how to respect people of authority. The hardest part on the job is seeing people in need and frustrated when they cant do things for them self's. The best part about the job is I was helping to help people that couldn't help them self's. And all the staff was wonderful group to work with and all very helpful.