Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus Senior Living Employer Reviews

Emeritus Senior Living Oakridge Senior Living
Oakridge Senior Living Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: clean friendly environment
Cons: pay is less than a nursing home
love this place it is typically pretty clean spacious rooms and environment for all very good people to work for
Hectic work environment with little help
Nurse (Former Employee), Fredricksburg, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: being able to form a professional relationship with residents.
Cons: unprofessional and unhealthy environment
I understand that every facility has their issues but the one I work for is ridiculous. Everyday there's another major issue and the higher ups don't want to help you out, until their job is on the line and corporate is called in. The training is horrible you don't learn anything until they throw you on the floor by yourself and that's not even a week – more... after your training. Employee turnovers are crazy and people are constantly calling out. So much workload most shifts for the CNA's and Nurses with no other help. Also, barely ever got a break. – less
Plan on little hours and insufficient pay.
Cook (Former Employee), Marysville, WAApril 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: working there
Management thinks theyre gods, servers are more important to them then cooks, attitude is given by all staff, no respect, no class, residents are mocked behind their backs, and it's the biggest rumor mill i've ever worked in. This is with 10yrs of cooking experience.
Good place to work. Very supportive.
Senior Business Office Director (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2014
Pros: all departments were recognized with a special month.
Cons: healthcare benefits could have been better.
I enjoyed my job. I was able to enjoy the ability to advance in my position. The support from coworkers and management above me was very good. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the residents and their families. The families felt free to come to my office and discuss their financial issues with me. I loved being around the residents – more... and help to make their daily lives worth living. – less
First job as a healthcare professional
LVN (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 4, 2014
Wish had stayed at this job longer but could not because of circumstances that occurred. Enjoyed working as a nurse. Learned something new everyday. Found my true passion for nursing at this job.
Residents enjoy their stay in the facility.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: limited opportunity for career improvement.
The work-load in this job is light, but still there are learning opportunities that goes with it. The best part of the job is knowing the residents and becoming a part of their life while maintaining a professional relationship. The residents are quick to show appreciation to the staff and this inspires staff the most in providing excellent services – more... to the residents. – less
Rewarding career
Community Relations Director (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 27, 2014
We provide excellent service to our families & our residents.
Terrible company to work for
Director (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 14, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: short you hours, barely make enough money to live, treat residents like animals
My building is terrible! Don't wanna spend the money to fix it. Just worried about moving people in. The pay is terrible. Upper management think they are gods. Odor issues, bed bugs, absolute worse cleaning crew.
They only worry about sells, money money money
Management (Former Employee), Salem, VAMarch 7, 2014
Cons: always at work, staffing, only worried about money
RUN!
No staff, budget cuts, constant conference calls.
The only plus to working here is the residents, they are very kind and caring.
Good company to work for
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Sherman, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Emeritus is a great company to work for and provides fair compensation for a job that is done well. There is a lot of support from upper-management if you need.
It teaches you the things you need to have so that you can perform your duties
Emeritus Assisted Living (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: a good learnig invirement. easy to get a job.
Cons: they sould have more staff on duty for night shifts. better starting pay.
I love assisting people as they need help but this company draws a very fine line between assisted living and nursing home for the value of the dollar and I do not think that it is good for their employees or their residents and it certainly is a risk and safety factor for both as well.
DONT DO IT
RA (Former Employee), Bradenton, flFebruary 21, 2014
Run this place is horrible and has bed bugs!! Residents and staff are being bit by them.. Those nasty thinking are infested in the building! Rcd doesn't know how to treat people.
EXCELLENT
COOK (Current Employee), Canton, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: hard work
Working at Emeritus is hard work, you got a lot to do in little time, only the best candidates are selected. Every day is a good day of honest work earning honest wages, I thank God for my managers their good people, and every night I relax with the satisfaction of a job well done.
Not the best place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Not willing to work around school schedules. Management not the greatest.
RCD- resident care director
RCD (Former Employee), Macon, GaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: management, wages, benefits, lack of training
Overworked and underpaid. Executive director only concerned with census no concern for if workers can actually take care of the residents. Unprofessional, constantly lying to the family. Selling an unrealistic dream. Google dateline review on Emeritus the review is applicable to the macon facility. No training was offered for the RCD. 24/7 call with – more... engulfing responsibility, you are never off. A bunch of snakes in the grass. I recommend shadowing before you take the position – less
Enjoyed working there
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Enjoyed my team and working with the cna's, the residents are wonderful.
Productive workplace with loyal and helpful co-workers
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: caring supervisors, upbeat and uplifting environment.
Cons: no breaks
Arriving at work, I helped the residents prepare for lunch. This often involved getting them changed, dressed, and fresh faced. I assisted the transfer from bed to wheelchair for those who used them, or helped with the shoes of the residents who were able to walk on their own. I served meals and helped those who could not feed themselves.
Later, I bathed – more... and got residents ready for bed. In the meantime, I fetched water and answered calls for a multitude of reasons. Management was always considerate and my co-workers were always ready to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job was caring for the dementia ridden residents. I learned the true meaning of patience and heartbreak during my time with Emeritus.
The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing "Thank You" from the residents or a kind word regarding my care of them. – less
This place is a F****** Joke!!!
Caregiver/Office Assistant (Former Employee), W seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2014
I worked for Merrill Gardens for a long time. Emeritus bought several properties including the one I was employed at. unfortunately, I became an employee of the horrible company!! The workers are seriously overworked and underpaid. Even the residents know that! There are lots of people that lived in the community that shouldn't because they actually – more... need around the clock care, But, this company is interested in filling their apartments and keeping their census up! They really will do whatever it takes to get those apartments filled because they want the money!! Its actually really sad. The co-workers there are serious back biters too! no teamwork whatsoever! I've never ever worked for a place like this before, where your co-workers are out to get each other, gossiping, and starting all sorts of drama! the privacy act is constantly being violated and management doesn't do anything about it. amongst alot of different things they didnt do anything about. And it did'nt really help if you report it to HR either. God forbid if you called in sick! jeez...I called in a few times only because I hurt my back on the job and had Dr notes and everything. They were very upset with me about it. when I came back to work, not one person asked how I was feeling. not that I expected it. The part of this job that kept me going was the residents. That is it. – less
FUN loving
RA/MA (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with elderly and staff was helpful. promotion was made while I was fairly new to co
good to work
Resident care-Emeritus At The Palms (Current Employee), rosevilleJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The company is very good. only thing is that the schedule is not out on time and it changes every day

1 2 3 4 5