Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus Senior Living Employee Reviews

Good environment
LVN Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Didn't know if company would be sold out again.
Fun place to work. Encouraged development and growth. Loved the staff and residents. Residents were treated with respect and given good care.
OK
Caregiver (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Staff was a family, etc
Cons: Bosses weren't always open to suggestions, etc.
I loved working at emeritus.. For a very long time. But when caregivers started leaving & we became short, I saw that the management didn't do their part in helping & majority of the caregivers were overworked or overwhelmed. Its a great job with great pay but the conditions at the point were a lot to deal with.
Great Staff and Residents
Med-Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work is checking on my residents needs by answering our paging system, I pass out medication for my residents on a scheduled time and assist them with needs through out the night. Management at the facility is amazing I could not ask for a better team of directors! Co-workers are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting attached to our residents, and watching them move on to another facility. We get attached to them and their wonderful families so its always tough to see them transfer out.

Most enjoyable part of my job, is the conversation, hugs and smiles i receive everyday.
I enjoyed working most of the time
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: more family like enviroment
Cons: sometimes they don't have enough staff and have to have people stay
Most thing I enjoyed there was working with some coworkers and getting to know residents. you tend to get close to them and begin to see them as family. typical day at work is usually busy, coworkers I had my shift were great to me. hardest part of leaving was saying goodbye to residents as well as everyone that was kind to me.
Wonderful environment
Staff RN (prn) (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough hours
I worked on the Skilled Unit. There were some Hospice patients. I enjoyed working with the patients and getting to know their families. The supervisors were great--always willing to lend a hand or to answer questions. I would recommend this facility to anyone.
Enjoyable Learning and making a difference
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Learning in: Nursing, Office mgmt., How to alleviate stress, positive results
Cons: 85 residents to 1 nurse ratio
Enjoyed the residents ,I assisted, in fulfilling their lives. Encouraged activities, doing things for themselves and feeling proud and accomplished, keeping them safe, Administering the treatment and/or medications ordered by physicians under the LPN scope of Practice.
I enjoyed the staff I worked with. they were very compassionate and
professional.
I learned everyday how to become a better nurse and a better person, especially from my Director.
The most difficult part of the job was a death of a resident and consoling family.
Productive and skilled work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 10, 2015
I enjoy working with other hard-working employees, the best part of me working is helping and touching others if its by taking care of them, or assisting them with any form of needs.
nice company
Medication aide/cna (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
nice company also has great benefits and lots of on the job training assisting with the seniors with their daily living and helping them cop with their crisis
I was productive and interacting
Caregiver/ server (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be clock in, check the ADL'S then go do m first round to check on them, take them down for dinner, do someones or a couple of there laundry, bathe them. The hardest part was seeing them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking, having fun with them.
productive place to work
marketing Diector (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: loved working in brand new community
Cons: needed help that wasn't always available
I enjoyed being able to work on my own and set my own. I worked with construction people and community leaders. I spent a lot of time with people and really enjoyed it. I found that I could and did
develop leadership skills.
productive and fun and i loved the residents
housekeeper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 1, 2015
i loved emeritus. I learned that you have to take care of the residents the same way you would want someone to take care of one of your loved one.
Joining The Alzhiemer Journey is a challange never to be forgotten.
Resident Assistant and Medical Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Working with Alhiemers is very rewarding for me
Cons: Watching the disease progress is difficult and sad
For me working with Alzheimer's was just as challenging as it was rewarding. It opened my eyes to a new world and brought to me a passion which I plan to follow in my future.
Work place was educatinal
Medical Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Fast paced working as a Med Tech. Learned to be patient, listen, advance in communication skills. Co-workers were awesome, made work a fun environment. The hardest part I would have to say was coming to an end of a friend and family. Residents become family, friends. An understanding, lovable, companionships end on both parts was a healthy one though. Most enjoyable part of the job for me were the residents.
Workplace moral and benefits
Memory Care Director (Former Employee), Lecanto, FLMarch 13, 2015
This place offered a great balance of workplace moral, employee recognition, and benefits. The company allowed for overtime hours and opportunities for advancement within the business
Hard Working,Self Suffient, Relible, Honesty, Time Management.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, sales on bus passes, really nice respectful staff, alot of helper, really helpful staff
Cons: no over time offrede, . had to work both weekends, and no fulltime schdule.
Learned how to answer phones and meal plan also learned how to keep a clean work environment patients and how to be responsible. How to work in the front end of the office also on the outside grounds learned time management and how to care for others that may not have access like I have like getting my own food are even walking to my bed on my own two feet taught me how to appreciate life and the things in it. Prepared me to be a good on time respectful employee and how to have lots of patients. Also taught me how to respect people of authority. The hardest part on the job is seeing people in need and frustrated when they cant do things for them self's. The best part about the job is I was helping to help people that couldn't help them self's. And all the staff was wonderful group to work with and all very helpful.
Productive, fast and fun workplace with serving residents
Wait Staff/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMarch 2, 2015
Well try to get things ready for the residents. Start to serve their drinks then after we know the menu we ask the residents what they like to eat. Then serve their food when we got their plates and serve it to them and when I see them down with their food I take their plates and give it to the guy that washes the dishes.

When I did dishwasher job I worked in another building and they needed me to help them. So when i start working for dishwasher job i start the job with getting drinks ready for the residents and coffee. after all the drinks were served. I make sure that the residents have gotten their food and after awhile of things got done dishes start to come to me and I start washing the dishes and when I finish washing them I put them away. Then after the dishes were put away i sweep and mopped the floors in the kitchen and where all the cooking was.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Manahawkin, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work just want to work closer to home
the residents are great the staff is caring and we had a great team of workers

The most enjoyable part of my job at emeritus is due what ever i can to make the residents happy.
Productive and I touched many lives working here. I love being a CNA.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: helping patients and helping the company become what it can be.
Cons: was not able to balance this job and my schooling, and they were not willing to compromse with me.
My experience here isn't one for the record books. The only thing I loved about working here was my patients and some of my coworkers. Honestly I was miserable here except when I was taking care of my patients and talking to them and their families.
Horrible Place for employment
Midnight Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Brighton, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: residents
Cons: management, paystubs, short staffed, many things
Ever since Brookdale bought out Emeritus, i feel like every thing has went down hills. Pay stubs are being messed up to to where they say they will owe us that money on the next pay check, but itsnt there.
Mangement is more concerned about writing people up on petty situations other then being more focused on employees messing up medication pass.
Many residents complain about the about many different things.
Very short staffed for a big facility.
Some residents need more care then what we can provide.
Proper equipment is not provided
They hire anyone, even without experience

This is a great job, but ran very poorly. Very disappointed with the over turn with Emeritus becoming brook dale. Deffiantly don;t recommend.
Great culture
Family Advocate (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: weekly deck parties
Cons: no longer emeritus
Great culture. Although company was acquired by another company they tried hard to have workshops to help people find other jobs and help out with resumes.

1 2 3 4 5