Emerson College

Emerson College Employee Reviews

Productive and great experience
Print Designer Collegiate Press (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free printing
Cons: student job
I enjoy being able to express my creativity, but also gain customer service experience. My co-workers are nice and teach me when I need help with something I don't understand.
Foot in the door
Police Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: low stress
Cons: needs more police work and less school politics
Provided Public safety experience that trained you how to manage conflicts within a liberal setting.
Not good for career advancement
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
Pros: great downtown boston location, easy to get to via public transportation
Cons: negative office culture, poor compensation compared to other colleges in the area
Career advancement isn't easy unless you're very good friends with the higher-ups in the office. Additionally, it much more stressful than it should be for an office setting. The stress comes from the top down and is over some of the most simple things.
There is high turn over and positive office culture isn't encouraged. There are some co-workers who are really great to work with, but if they're at all good at what they do, they'll find a better paying job that doesn't treat them like a worker bee.
Great location in downtown Boston and great benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not easy to go up the ladder
It's a good place to work for, although career advancement is not that easy.
Working in a college means be in touch with an ever changing environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good pay, inspiring environment
Cons: some times, too "artsy"
Working as a teacher assistant is great. It is an amazing opportunity to learn from experienced teacher the craft of enlightening young minds.
The hardest part of the job is, if you don't know your subject very well, your have to learn it pretty fast. It can be a very demanding environment sometimes.
Fun Leadership
Senior Staff, Emerson College Summer Conference (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 8, 2014
Pros: working with kids, summer field trips, supervising and managerial skills learned
As a Summer Conference Professional Staff I was able to take on a new role in which I was a supervisor to 20 staff members, a counselor to high school students, and a manager of the camp program. Because of my friendly demeanor and my responsible nature I succeeded in this position creating a happy and safe environment for our guests, campers and staff. I enjoy working in a fun environment that provides enriching experiences.
Wonderful work environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2014
I love the friendly and inviting atmosphere that my supervisors and coworkers have created.
Excellent job for those looking for a start in law enforcement
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good friends
Cons: out dated policies
I worked for this company for 9 years, during which time I was given the opportunity to learn about so many different cultures and people.
my coworkers were always there to help.
Hardest part of the job was watching the students move on in their life.
The most enjoyable art was getting to know all those I was entrusted to protect.
Creative, Inspiring place to work!
Assistant Director of International Admission (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Very fast paced office, but great exposure to the arts. Employees enjoy the arts and exciting vibe of the college. Hardest part of job was the intensity of the office which was faster paced than the rest of the school. Most enjoyable part of the job were the students and all the amazing benefits of the school.
Good place to work, benefits are crucial to anyone. Pay scale can improve
Plumber (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 20, 2013
Pros: new challenges in the plumbing department, always looking to exercise something different.
Cons: i say work with the people you have especially ones that have been established, and know what is going on.
Prior to change in management, it was great reporting to work no complaints.
is ok
Application Specialist / Coldfusion Developer (Former Employee), Boston MAMay 6, 2013
is not challenging at all. if you are looking for a punch in, punch out job, this might be it. most people are there to get the school benefits for them or their kids
Very Productive and work freindly
Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 13, 2013
Spent a month there. I really enjoyed the school. Great place to
watch the different cultures and lifestyles mingle.
Benefits are good, but going through some changes
Assistant Controller (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 29, 2012
My skills have grown during my time at Emerson. Right now the college is going through some changes.
The Best Communication Arts School in The US?
Student Assistant (Former Employee), 80, 100, 120,150 Boylston StreetDecember 13, 2011
Pros: expensive, may be subject to discrimination, or being overworked
Cons: a beneficial educational experience, and central to prospective media majors!
I simultaneously attended, DJ'd at, and worked for various interdepartment within this institution. I was also very active in the multicultural aspect of this private liberal arts institution. As woman of color from an urban community, I can say the overall experience was conducive to, contingent upon, and reliant upon social connections, and sometimes even race, as it was predominantly European, and yet so cultured. It can be argued that my pay rate was lower on account of my scholarship, or not. So much to say about it, although the experience ended quite recently...
Great Communications College with a Terrific Reputation
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2011
Pros: benefits, education
Cons: somewhat polictical
I found workng for a college in a non-educational role interesting. They are "Non-Profit" and do not necessariliy pay well - although the benefits can be fantastic - weeks off between holidays, etc. A rebelious environment would be a great description!