Emerson College Employee Reviews

It was a wonderful place to work
Guide patrons (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Relaxed and enjoyable environment. Incredible management and the pace is slow depending on the show and the time that you work. Would definitely recommend this job.
A great college
Darkroom Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I work at the darkroom at Emerson. I mix chemicals, rent out equipment and clean the printing room when it closes. I aid people in enlarging their negative and correct any problems in the facility such as leaks and chemical expiration.
Pros
Access to darkroom, nice boss
Cons
Only one person works at a time
Challenging and rewarding to teach the real world to Graduate Students
Graduate Instructor Sports Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
Rich and rewarding experience to work with young minds and share my learnings and experiences in a challenging and vital environment.

The structure of the course allowed enough latitude to make it effective.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
The commute
Hard working environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2016
As a student I am required to live on campus which I do not like. I am motivated and driven to work hard which is really good. The culture lacks diversity with everyone being rich, liberal and white.
Pros
living space, good location, good education
Cons
judgemental and non diverse culture, expensive
Great insight to the professional world, too short hours
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02134June 21, 2016
The pay at this place was fine, but it was difficult to pick up hours. The most I was working a week was 25 hours, and I was prepared for upwards of 40 as an undergraduate student. Very friendly IT Staff and the customer base was relatively pleasant as well.
Fun work enviroment
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2016
It is a fun place where I can sew and just work. If I want I can put in my headphones and just get a task done. It is very rewarding.
Great benefits package
Production Coordinator/Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2015
The benefits package is great, and very comprehensible, although advancement and growth is never guaranteed, it depends on what department you work for and who is your boss. A lot of people coming and going constantly.
Nice place to work
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Nice place to work. I am really glad that I got to work there because I really like Emerson college and all it has to offer. Emerson is located in the heart of Boston and it is easy to get to on the train and buses.
Productive and great experience
Print Designer Collegiate Press (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy being able to express my creativity, but also gain customer service experience. My co-workers are nice and teach me when I need help with something I don't understand.
Pros
Free printing
Cons
Student Job
Foot in the door
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Provided Public safety experience that trained you how to manage conflicts within a liberal setting.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Needs more Police work and less School politics
Not good for career advancement
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
Career advancement isn't easy unless you're very good friends with the higher-ups in the office. Additionally, it much more stressful than it should be for an office setting. The stress comes from the top down and is over some of the most simple things.
There is high turn over and positive office culture isn't encouraged. There are some co-workers who are really great to work with, but if they're at all good at what they do, they'll find a better paying job that doesn't treat them like a worker bee.
Pros
Great downtown Boston location, easy to get to via public transportation
Cons
Negative office culture, poor compensation compared to other colleges in the area
Great location in downtown Boston and great benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2014
It's a good place to work for, although career advancement is not that easy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not easy to go up the ladder
Working in a college means be in touch with an ever changing environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2014
Working as a teacher assistant is great. It is an amazing opportunity to learn from experienced teacher the craft of enlightening young minds.
The hardest part of the job is, if you don't know your subject very well, your have to learn it pretty fast. It can be a very demanding environment sometimes.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, inspiring environment
Cons
some times, too "artsy"
Fun Leadership
Senior Staff, Emerson College Summer Conference (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2014
As a Summer Conference Professional Staff I was able to take on a new role in which I was a supervisor to 20 staff members, a counselor to high school students, and a manager of the camp program. Because of my friendly demeanor and my responsible nature I succeeded in this position creating a happy and safe environment for our guests, campers and staff. I enjoy working in a fun environment that provides enriching experiences.
Pros
Working with kids, summer field trips, supervising and managerial skills learned
Wonderful work environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2014
I love the friendly and inviting atmosphere that my supervisors and coworkers have created.
Excellent job for those looking for a start in law enforcement
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2014
I worked for this company for 9 years, during which time I was given the opportunity to learn about so many different cultures and people.
my coworkers were always there to help.
Hardest part of the job was watching the students move on in their life.
The most enjoyable art was getting to know all those I was entrusted to protect.
Pros
good friends
Cons
out dated policies
Creative, Inspiring place to work!
Assistant Director of International Admission (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Very fast paced office, but great exposure to the arts. Employees enjoy the arts and exciting vibe of the college. Hardest part of job was the intensity of the office which was faster paced than the rest of the school. Most enjoyable part of the job were the students and all the amazing benefits of the school.
Good place to work, benefits are crucial to anyone. Pay scale can improve
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2013
Prior to change in management, it was great reporting to work no complaints.
Pros
New challenges in the plumbing department, always looking to exercise something different.
Cons
I say work with the people you have especially ones that have been established, and know what is going on.
is ok
Application Specialist / Coldfusion Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston MAMay 6, 2013
is not challenging at all. if you are looking for a punch in, punch out job, this might be it. most people are there to get the school benefits for them or their kids
Very Productive and work freindly
Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2013
Spent a month there. I really enjoyed the school. Great place to
watch the different cultures and lifestyles mingle.