Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions

Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions Employer Reviews

enough independent freedom
Parallel temp (Former Employee), Racine, WIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: working at face pace
Cons: third shift
even though it was a third shift position it still was a good job. working with coworkers and being able to eat and sit down. not all positions was like mines but I got the opportunity to sit.
good place, fun place
Set Up Operator for filter line, (Former Employee), Menominee, MIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good xmas parties, good luncheons for thanksgiving
Cons: moved out of the country
Was a great place to work for. Just was to bad they moved to mexico
A day at closet maid
GPW (Former Employee), Grantsville, MDJune 10, 2014
Start at 5 am or 7 am. go to packline and pack boxes. mandatory overtime.
Perfect balance of fun but also serious
Deluxe Cell Operator (Current Employee), Racine, WIMay 7, 2014
I learned several different positions over three weeks of training. We rotate every hour, which is great so that the day seems to go by faster and you don't get bored to death. Management is fantastic; I built great relationships with my lead and supervisor to where if I were to have my spot taken as a temp, they left another position open for me so I still would have a job. My coworkers are all great. I believe that management is what keeps us happy there and ensures that we meet our goal on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job used to be one specific station; thru bolts. However, I eventually caught on and I don't necessarily think anything I do is too difficult anymore. The most enjoyable part is that I can come in and know that I won't have any problems with any of the people I work with; so there's never a reason to not look forward to work.
Standard production/warehouse/shipping job
Machine operator B/CNC operator (Former Employee), chino caJanuary 30, 2014
Between working on multi million dollar equipment such as drill presses and CNC machines its just a very busy albet a dirty work enviroment.but that works just fine for me =)
Angular saw operator (Former Employee), Grantsville, MDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: heathcare not so good
It was challenging but fun. Most of managment was easy to get along with. Would really like to work there again.
productive and workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
productive and fun workplace
learned how to pack units
management was good
co-workers were ok
hardest part of the job was the lifting
the most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork
Insinkerator
Leader of the "Trim Shell" section (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 11, 2013
Pros: paid lunch and breaks.
Cons: temp.
A typical work day at Insinkerator, I would have to say would definitely be fast paced and efficient work. They do not tolerate mistakes too well. I learned to become a fast worker with very little mistakes. The management was okay, they give us a ton of work and would get upset with we asked for a little bit of help, which is why I avoided it as much as I can. Definitely just had to work hard. My co-workers were pretty cool. Wasn't too much time to talk because we'd be focused on our work. The hardest part about the job was again, the ton of work they throw at you. The easiest part of my job was that I just had to tag insinkerator stickers on garbage disposals.
Challlenging, independent and never ending knowledge.
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: acknowledgement with all my achievements
Cons: working alone.
A typical day at work was interesting because of being in a different location everyday. I have learned to be independent and multitask, although the management are always there to assist me in any issues or difficult situation. my co-workers are very supportive and I consider the employees of Homedepot are my co- workers. The hardest part was when we have new product that need to be reset and working alone is tough but with my relation with the store made it easy. the enjoyable part was in every store that I go to, I became part of their activities like parties.
Constantly changing, unpredictable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grantsville, MDAugust 1, 2013
The work atmosphere is dictated by revenue heavily. Day to day can be mundane. Growth is few and far between.
Great company!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great balance of career and home.
Cons: reduction in force.
Loved working for them. Unfortunately they had a reduction in force and the sales team was eliminated.
A paycheck
auto assembly (Former Employee), racine, wiMay 10, 2013
Pros: pay is decent. people are very friendly. safe.
Cons: 8-12 hours on feet. saturday overtime is manditory. zero communication with hr.
They hire workers off the streets because a family member also works there.all the while over looking experience and training that the egar temps have. It is basically a sweat shop with a high morale
Insinkerator
Supplier Development Engineer (Former Employee), Racine, WIApril 1, 2013
Pros: i like my job but it does not challenge me enough.
Cons: i did retire and i am contract employee, i am not to happy being a contract employee, no benefits makes it though.
Insinkerator is a very good company. My typical day at work can be boring or it can be pull out my hair type of day. I mainly work with plastics castings, plating and stampings. Co-workers are new and I have been training them. They work hard and want to learn. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the buyers. Most of them think there venders are always right and can do no wrong. The ather part is dealing with PE group getting reasonable tolerances.

Inventory Clerk control.
Inventory, Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Chino, CAMarch 24, 2013
Maked report every day,cycle count,inventory control.Work in the computer microsoft world and excel.
Productive and high ethical values
Sales Manager, Latin America (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2013
Focus on the customer developing new and innovative products achieving sales and revenue targets.
Not a bad job
Territory Supervisor (Current Employee), MidwestFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: lack of job security
Good company to work for. They have good products and great managers.
Rewarding career with plenty of travel.
Territory Supervisor (Current Employee), PA, NJ, NY, CTJanuary 8, 2013
The typical Closetmaid day was traveling to any place in a four state territory to work with and train Closetmaid representatives or store staff. I enjoy teaching others.
Company had an ethical & integrity problem
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: free cocoa or coffee when mornings were freezing
Cons: safety & low pay
I had a 60 day short term assignment (from a job service center) to work in a Closetmaid warehouse in Ocala, FL. High stress environment & co-worker driving wrecklessly& taking unnecessary risks on forklifts.

On my 60th day of work, my supervisor informed me that they had been contacted by the job service center that my job was done. Was collecting unemployment until untruthful information was provided to the job center.

I called and left a voicemail to my supervisor requesting if he would send me a letter that he had told me the information about my job being done. In a voicemail that my supervisor left me was that he could not do that. It was a HUGE mess with my unemployment benefits that took months to resolve.

Very sad that a company such as Closetmaid didn't stand behind their word. Closetmaid lacked integrity & wasn't very ethical.
A good job with good people
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Belle Vernon, PANovember 11, 2012
Pros: nice group of people to work with.
Cons: low pay no benefits
I worked all positions in the warehouse. I worked with a very good team of people. The management was not very likable no matter how hard we worked it was never enough
Assembler
Assembler/Floater (Former Employee), Racine, WINovember 7, 2012
Laid back work place . Very strict attendance rules. Learned Q.A. audit work . Packed units in timely manner.

About Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions

Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions provides innovative products and technology solutions that make life easier. Whether – Read more