Emerson Electric Employee Reviews

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARDecember 8, 2016
I work for this company for 18yrs. I really enjoyed work for this company and as well as working with all my co-workers. Just needed better pay.
Not a bad place to work. limited career growth and opportunity.
Vice President of Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 28, 2016
Learning was an everyday event for me. I truly enjoyed working for the company and gained a lot of experience and knowledge, and was able to contribute. Lack of vision and long term strategy was management shortcoming.
The people were fantastic; they were a hard working bunch and tried to do an outstanding job for the company by servicing the customer well. in my opinion, the key challenge was the volatility of customer's demand and the lack of collaboration with the customer to plan for the ups and downs in the business. Sales and Operation Planning was weak and not well supported.

I enjoyed working with people and was great to see how my contribution affected that business in the positive way.
Pros
had the potential to grow and develop my own team
Cons
limited opportunity to grow
good job but business closed in TN
Lab Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 3, 2016
Closed in TN. No longer in business due to NAFTA and moved all production to Mexico. I was transferred in and 8 months later was stranded in another state without a job
Great place to work - pay not competitive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 26, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Co-workers are awesome & management is so friendly & great to work for and with as well. When extra work needed to be done, everyone pitched in.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay & benefits
ERP - Oracle, Data warehousing and Business Intelligence., Custom Developments, Big Data,
Sr. Global Director (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 5, 2016
Visionary and goal-oriented IT Executive with 20+ years of experience and a demonstrated experience in planning, developing, and implementing cutting edge information solutions to address business opportunities for retail, manufacturing, Finance and service based industries. Develop strategic plans for worldwide implementation and operation of client services, product support, quality assurance, training and executing strict budgets that control addressing business goals and promoting growth. Adept at crisis management, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, and negotiating in keeping client and vendor business interest, experienced in Application Development, Packaged Implementation, Setting up Practice – Onsite and Offshore.
Financially driven, highly political organization
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2016
Fantastic people work at Emerson. Unfortunately, the culture overall is very financially driven with little focus paid to building an engaging organization. Solid product lines, and decent reputation in the market. Very slow to adapt and change to market forces (especially in employment). Solid 9-5 company. Not ideal for someone who enjoys low bureaucracy and change.
Emerson Electric
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2016
I was employed at this company too long ago to recall any specific details about the job. The job included working with select Home Depot stores though out Northern New Jersey. The job included servicing several dedicated product lines in Home Depot Stores
Pros
Company Car
Cons
N/A
Lots of programs to work with
Senior Engineer; Design engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2016
Good people to work with. Lots of design freedom and program control. the company had lots of activities for employees and family fun.
Pros
Design freedom.
Cons
management
Good job until they went to Mexico
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennett, MOJanuary 21, 2016
Good clean air condition and heat. Men and women worked hard at making electrical motors, 8 hours shift most weekends off.
Pros
Most weekends off
Cons
Managment was weak
Its not who you know, its who you ......
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 2, 2015
Was a wonderful job for the first 26 years then went down drain after a particular new boss would yell at me in front of others, accuse me of ridiculous things, slam doors, have others in other management positions accuse me, meanwhile I did everything asked of me, my nerves where shot.. No matter which direction I took it was picked apart. I am sure there are many wonderful management there, I just had a lemon.
Pros
The old days were fair and honorable
Cons
The last two years, full of discrimination
All around great place to work
Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOOctober 23, 2015
Great working environment, good pay and benefits. Plus outside activities such as a softball league, company picnics, and a campus with softball fields, walking trails, a huge pavilion and plenty of green space. I would have retired from there if my division hadn't moved to Florida.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
None really that I can think of.
Productive and fun
Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  saint louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
Typical work day starts at 8:30, Management is very friendly. Fun working here and I gained ton of knowledge from teammates and different projects I did.
Teammates are cooperative/sharing and open to suggesions and very casual.
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYOctober 4, 2015
Always knew what was expected of me. I always learnt something new about the assembly line. Management was sometimes helpful. Always enjoyed working with my co-workers on the assembly line and always a positive atmosphere. The hardest part of the day was machines breaking down. The most enjoyable day was great co-workers to work with.
Pros
Retirement Pan, Dental Care, Healthcare, Equal Opportunity
Cons
Safety
n/a
Project Manager/PCB Administrator (Former Employee) –  Danbury CTSeptember 4, 2015
Great place to work. Large company that focused on employing overseas workers to cut costs. The companys operates with a goal to please its stockholders.
Fun place to work
Client Technologies Analyst. (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2015
I worked as an IT contractor for 3 months here and I found working for this company a great experience. Well organized place, nice people and outstanding management.
Pros
Great team committed to keeping office and production from being over worked, but still getting the job done
Hard work and Determination
Assembler and Packer (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AR.August 8, 2015
I worked on the pack line, packing washer and dryer motors and getting them ready for shipping. I also built parts for the motors. I weighed the parts after I built them to keep up with my production. I had one of the best bosses a person could have. He was nice and encouraging. My co-workers worked hard to help get the parts out. The hardest part of the job was working on the pack line. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment I felt when I made production. If they hadn't closed down I would still be working there because I absolutely love it.
Pros
I loved the kind of work that was involved.
Dependable
Setup Operator (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INAugust 6, 2015
It was a hot fast paced but it was good place to work. Co workers were very nice to work around. Set/Up operated centerless thrufeed roll grind. ran tight tolerance +- .0001. I liked the challenge.
very good place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJuly 22, 2015
great place to work , good hard working coworkers, great bosses and management great benefits over all a great place to have worked.
Pros
good bennefits
Cons
no cons
Very nice company to work for.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Menominee, MIJune 3, 2015
Ability to work with variety of people to assemble a product very well known to the public(production of vacuum cleaner systems) , very hard working co-workers with good work ethics. Very good benefits for the short time I was employed there. Satisfaction of knowing I was part of a very productive day - day production.
Pros
Enjoyment of going to a productive job
Cons
Company relocated to Mexico
had exercise before each day
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNApril 27, 2015
Is a very safe company and did not want the strain to affect the workers so they would have them do stretches and exercises before each shift.
Pros
the insurance benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

54%