Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews

REHAB INSURANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 28, 2018
The company is great to work for. Ongoing training and everyone is always wanting to help. Very culture oriented and patient centered. The collaboration between physicians and staff is amazing.
Would not recommend
Medical (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Limited advancement and management is awful. Poorly structured, unorganized, and lack of knowledge from a lot of staff. Like a puzzle that doesn’t fit together. I would never return to Emerson. Pay isn’t worth the stress
Cons
Poor benefits, overworked, stressful
Relaxing and positive place to be
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 21, 2018
I volunteered at the hospital over the summer. I had to commit to 100 hours. They gave a card every day so I could buy lunch, which was a great way to be compensated for volunteering.
Lower pay but higher job satidfaction
Clinical Nurse Case Manager ER (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 15, 2018
Small non profit community hospital, I felt appreciated and secure at Emerson. I generally enjoyed my job there. They did know how to treat you as a professional. Respect and dignity overall I recommend Emerson
Pros
Employee friendly
Cons
Lower pay
Employee-focused Department
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MADecember 1, 2017
I loved my time at Emerson! My coworkers were great, and my manager was super flexible when it came to time off and scheduling - I was able to adjust my hours from 8:00-4:30 to 9:00-5:30 to 8:00-6:30 (four 10s), and my direct supervisor was extremely accommodating of last-minute time-off requests. One of the benefits was a free massage every year, which was great. The cafeteria served great food and was reasonably priced for employees. Emerson is still an independent community hospital, not under anyone else's umbrella. It has an excellent reputation in the community and is well-supported by the community. The hospital could not function without its volunteer program, and I've heard that kids have to get onto the wait list to volunteer in the summers a couple in advance.
Pros
Tight-knit community, small hospital, flexible hours, friendly cohesive staff
Advancement
Director of Facility Operations and Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work but has limited advancement for leadership in areas other than finance or nursing. The hospital is a stand alone organization which makes it appealing. A community based hospital that allows employees to establish a relationship with members of the community
Had a great team to work with
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 3, 2017
Nice small hospital but busy. Also, had a nice camaraderie among everyone that worked in the hospital. Everyone knew everyone kind of place. The downside was benefits.
ER Technician
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Emerson. First not the Adult and Pediatric Surgical unit and then in the Emergency Department. This was direct patient care that I wanted to gain experience with that was necessary to get into school. My managers were always understanding about school and my time off for studying. I left when I began med school as it was too much especially with small children to care for as well.
Flexible
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 8, 2017
Worked as a per-diem nurse. Staff was great. Management were supportive. Had the tools and staffing needed to care for the patients on my assignment.
Terrible
Unit Coordinator (Orthopedic) (Former Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 30, 2017
This place was very racist. I hated working there. The Management and CEO all need to be replaced. The nurses are way to rude to people of color and the nurse managers all play favorites
Pros
Cons
Racist
Supportive working environment
Overnight Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 21, 2017
Great working environment, supportive staff and administration. I like the patient-staff ratio, the benefits are enticing and 401k benefits excellent for me.
Pros
Incentive for over time
Cons
Short breaks
compassionate community hospital with changing layout
32 hrs/wk RN on Medical- Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 12, 2017
enjoyed the staff and culture among staff, enjoyed the level of quality control, did not enjoy the constant floating to other units and never knowing where I'd be put when I come into work. did not enjoy the lack of availability for schedule change
Cons
budget issues
limited chance of advancement, 2% raises
Out-patient Lab Registrar (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 4, 2017
Too many managers, poor communication. Worked evening shift 10:30 to 7:00. Good shift allowing time for appointments, etc before work. Allowed time for roads to be cleared in winter.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of appreciation by department
Productive busy but fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAAugust 24, 2017
Very competitive environment, lots to learn. Emerson's IT department used cutting edge technology as a result work was always interesting and challenging.
Pros
Lot of work flexibility and opportunity to grow
Cons
too much work
do not want to give
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAAugust 2, 2017
Typical day at work is long. Very stressful. There is not room for growth. The managers are usually nice but they do not work with you for you if you need help.
Great Team
Psychiatric Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 31, 2017
Emerson Hospital was well managed and had competitive pay at the time I worked there. At the time I worked there, Emerson had one of the best working environments for mental health counselors. Because it has been close to a decade since I worked there, I cannot speak to the current work environment. That said, I have not heard anything negative recently.
Challenging and Rewarding
Patient Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 11, 2017
Balanced work flow. Easygoing peer to peer relationships. I learned all aspects of the patient followup process that Emerson put in place. Staff are knowledgeable and professional.
Emerson Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 30, 2017
Working for Emerson Hospital has provided me with numerous and continual training and learning. Everyday I learn something new and its great! Everyone works well and hard together to make sure each patient is provided the proper care to go home!
Pharmacy student intern (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 25, 2017
Great place for internship, good work environment, good chance to learn many skills, Iv compounding and non sterile compounding, good for preparation for pharmacy board exams.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
no opportunity for future job as a pharmacist
Extremely comfortable supervisor to work for; very appreciative of your time, work, availability, and dedication.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 22, 2017
Very nice carrying bunch of people. Everyone is down to earth and always willing to help one another out.
Great culture! Great place to work! I like to work there.
Pros
I love the hours that I work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Emerson Hospital Reviews by Location