Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great hospital
Former perdium phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 19, 2016
I'm not sure where to even start. There seems to be a revolving door in the lab let's just say in less than a year they have lost over 7 employees this is a small lab and fully staffed ideally would only be 5 -6 people. There is a manager that constantly harasses you, name calls, talks about the employees behind their backs and then plays the victim. I have never in my professional career or in my personal life ever been treated so poorly and spoken to the way I have been by the manager , she often discriminates against female employees and plays favorites, dismissing their concerns my advice is not to work for the lab if you dont want to lose your dignity and constantly get bullied by her, till the point of feeling wortless
Pros
Free parking great cooworkers
Cons
the phlebotomy processing supervisor has no people skills
Community based Hospital with compassion for the wellbeing of all employess and patients.
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 6, 2016
I work with the best people I've ever met. We are all dedicated to helping and improving the lives of others, whether it be the patient's or fellow co-workers. I am very passionate to be able to work with such amazing people and patients.
Professional, fast paced radiology department
Radiology Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 9, 2016
I learned so much from this company. They were always willing to train an employee for any additional areas they wished to learn. Management always attempted to work with conflicts in scheduling and were never afraid to lend a hand when overly busy.
Great place to work out. Great people...not so great management.
Acute Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 22, 2016
I love the people I work with and I love the environment. My coworkers are really nice people that I get along with. The management is not very in tune with the employees. The feedback from management is not so great.
Good people
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 19, 2016
Nutrition Services, is a very disorganized and poorly run department. Very high turnover rate, and general mood is extremely poor. Great coworkers, in a bad environment.
Pros
coworkers are a pleasure to work with
Cons
work 7 hours before break, always standing
Amazing
Medical Assistant/Clinical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 26, 2016
Emerson is a great place to work. co-workers and superiors are great and make it possible for you to accomplish your goals
Phlebotomy team was very professional and courteous
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked per diem for the laboratory phlebotomy team 2-4 mornings per week. Staff was very professional and courteous to the patients.
Excellent state of the art equipment.
Really good coworkers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJune 11, 2013
My coworkers are the best. The pay isn't what I'd hoped, and I was told during an interview that when I became ASCP certified that I would get a $1 per hour raise. When I did get my certification, they told me that they no longer did that. There is definitely no incentive for being certified at Emerson. The job is wonderful and the friends I have made are priceless. Definitely one of the better jobs that I've had, I just wish the pay was better.
Would not work there again. Constant harrasment if not in the clique.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 6, 2015
Very clean hospital with great updated equipment.
Staff sonographers and managers were unkind, snobby, and always looking for a problem. The nurses in the ER were rude and ungreatful for my efforts.
Do not work there unless your thick skinned. Particularly if the staff thinks you "don't fit in" with them.
Pros
clean and well equiped
Cons
Unusual to get breaks. Nasty staff and supervisor
good school to go to
Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2015
good school to go to and the teachers was nice . i love makeing the pizza and pies and cookies and cakees and ice cream. it was nice i got to meet new friends and make new friends . and did good on the jobs
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 28, 2015
Patient Service Rep in very busy Cardiology/Pulmonary department answer all calls and greet patients. Schedule appointments, fax results to referring doctors. Assist medical records with reporting billing changes.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Might be asked to work late if there is an emergency
Great place to work!
Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 27, 2015
The emergency department is a great place to work, family like environment. I am very happy that I work here! Excellent!
Dynamic Facility to work for including but not limited to ICU, Emergency Room, Critical Float, Med/Surg/Telemetry/Pediatric departments
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at Emerson Hospital was a humbling experience. With an appropriate patient/nurse ratio, I was able to nurse well and support ill patients. The work environment was professional and productive.
clinical setting provided professional growth
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 14, 2015
This was a small community hospital,when I first started we had a 40 bed pediatric unit. DRG's were initiated and downsizing resulted in the unit closing. I cross trained in PACU,Chemo,med sure,oath,endoscopy,ED and psych. I enjoyed the learning curve and the experience of professional growth
Emerson hospital is a decent hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day at work entails coming in at 5am and start morning rounds, which usually is about 20 patients or more per phlebotomist. I have learned how to draw patients using syringes. Management is ok, but very unstable. Nothing about this job is really difiicult. Doing this job for a certain amount of years builds up my skill level. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and coworkers. The employees here at Emerson are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Fast Pace and organized facility
Lab Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 20, 2014
The workers seem to be more divided into upper or lower class people. I found this odd since it was such a small, private hospital but I'm a quiet person anyway so it didn't bother me but I can say, "they definitely aren't warm to Southerns". I loved that the job was fast pace and organized well in keeping the patients information together and in an orderly fashion. I worked a 4 day,12hr shift, so my least favorite was not having another trained person to help with holding the babies, I would have to get someone from another department to hold. And no matter how much you instruct a person on how to do it and to let them know to have a good grip, when that child screams they forget everything. And lots of times, the key to a successful stick on a baby, comes down to the hold and I didn't have the help. The busy times of the day was before 8 a.m. and after 4 p.m., and I would be the only employee out of 3 working, I explained to management and they did nothing about it! Management was going through changes when I came on board, so it was in a trail and error stage. There was a lot of favoritism, I think mainly due to the new manager leaning on the ones she already knew vs. treating everyone (old and new) as equals.
Pros
fast pace, organized, new facility, great pay
Cons
short lunches, management, lack of help
Fast Paced Environment
General Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 19, 2015
It is a fast paced environment with friendly kitchen and dietary staff. The Co-workers are good people, the hardest part of the job is dealing with patients who are unruly or grumpy all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients who are uplifting.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dishes are a hassel sometimes
Enjoyable and gained lots of experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  concord, MAJanuary 11, 2013
My day at Emerson started with me signing in and then heading up stairs to the volunteer lounge. I would then wait until i was an assigned a job that could be delivering a sample to the laboratory, transporting a patient to different areas of the hospital or transporting dirty and clean medical equipment. I gained experience of what a hospital environment is like from an employees perspective as well as hands on patient experience. There was also a sense of community among the volunteers as we spent free time while waiting for jobs playing cards or helping each other study for tests coming up in school. The adult volunteers who got to the more difficult jobs such as transporting special care patients who were in more critical condition than the patients students were allowed to transport, also gave an insight into a different area of a the hospital that we students did not have access to. The hardest part was definitely transporting patients around the hospital. I would feel pain and guilt for the patient as they lay helpless in the hospital bed as i wheeled them along with another volunteer to get a CAT scan. The most enjyable was spending time with other student volunteers and interacting with the adult volunteers.
Pros
free lunches, experience, free time
Cons
no pay, long hours, summer
registered nurse
Registered Nurse Staff - ICU/CCU Unit (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 17, 2013
I worked nights and in a general ICU where we all worked together to get the job done. Management was supportive of our work and what new things that the staff wanted to try to enhance the job for our patients. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great other patients.
Pros
the patients.
Cons
nights.
fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 14, 2015
small community hospital with a great local feel. They average about 30 cases a day. Strong ortho and general programs.
Pros
great lunch room view

4.2