Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Community based Hospital with compassion for the wellbeing of all employess and patients.
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 6, 2016
I work with the best people I've ever met. We are all dedicated to helping and improving the lives of others, whether it be the patient's or fellow co-workers. I am very passionate to be able to work with such amazing people and patients.
Good people
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 19, 2016
Nutrition Services, is a very disorganized and poorly run department. Very high turnover rate, and general mood is extremely poor. Great coworkers, in a bad environment.
Pros
coworkers are a pleasure to work with
Cons
work 7 hours before break, always standing
Great place to work out. Great people...not so great management.
Acute Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 22, 2016
I love the people I work with and I love the environment. My coworkers are really nice people that I get along with. The management is not very in tune with the employees. The feedback from management is not so great.
Phlebotomy team was very professional and courteous
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked per diem for the laboratory phlebotomy team 2-4 mornings per week. Staff was very professional and courteous to the patients.
Excellent state of the art equipment.
Amazing
Medical Assistant/Clinical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 26, 2016
Emerson is a great place to work. co-workers and superiors are great and make it possible for you to accomplish your goals
Would not work there again. Constant harrasment if not in the clique.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 6, 2015
Very clean hospital with great updated equipment.
Staff sonographers and managers were unkind, snobby, and always looking for a problem. The nurses in the ER were rude and ungreatful for my efforts.
Do not work there unless your thick skinned. Particularly if the staff thinks you "don't fit in" with them.
Pros
clean and well equiped
Cons
Unusual to get breaks. Nasty staff and supervisor
good school to go to
Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2015
good school to go to and the teachers was nice . i love makeing the pizza and pies and cookies and cakees and ice cream. it was nice i got to meet new friends and make new friends . and did good on the jobs
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 28, 2015
Patient Service Rep in very busy Cardiology/Pulmonary department answer all calls and greet patients. Schedule appointments, fax results to referring doctors. Assist medical records with reporting billing changes.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Might be asked to work late if there is an emergency
Great place to work!
Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 27, 2015
The emergency department is a great place to work, family like environment. I am very happy that I work here! Excellent!
Dynamic Facility to work for including but not limited to ICU, Emergency Room, Critical Float, Med/Surg/Telemetry/Pediatric departments
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at Emerson Hospital was a humbling experience. With an appropriate patient/nurse ratio, I was able to nurse well and support ill patients. The work environment was professional and productive.
clinical setting provided professional growth
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 14, 2015
This was a small community hospital,when I first started we had a 40 bed pediatric unit. DRG's were initiated and downsizing resulted in the unit closing. I cross trained in PACU,Chemo,med sure,oath,endoscopy,ED and psych. I enjoyed the learning curve and the experience of professional growth
Fast Paced Environment
General Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 19, 2015
It is a fast paced environment with friendly kitchen and dietary staff. The Co-workers are good people, the hardest part of the job is dealing with patients who are unruly or grumpy all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients who are uplifting.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dishes are a hassel sometimes
Emerson hospital is a decent hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day at work entails coming in at 5am and start morning rounds, which usually is about 20 patients or more per phlebotomist. I have learned how to draw patients using syringes. Management is ok, but very unstable. Nothing about this job is really difiicult. Doing this job for a certain amount of years builds up my skill level. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and coworkers. The employees here at Emerson are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Really good coworkers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJune 11, 2013
My coworkers are the best. The pay isn't what I'd hoped, and I was told during an interview that when I became ASCP certified that I would get a $1 per hour raise. When I did get my certification, they told me that they no longer did that. There is definitely no incentive for being certified at Emerson. The job is wonderful and the friends I have made are priceless. Definitely one of the better jobs that I've had, I just wish the pay was better.
Current Registered Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 13, 2013
I was hired at Emerson hospital last year. I am a Per Diem nurse. I really enjoy my employment at Emerson. The environment is clean, user friendly & updated. I really like Meditech & EMAR systems. Patients & families can be difficult to please because of the wealthy concord area. The pay is a bit higher than surrounding hospitals. The commute is difficult!
Pros
free parking @ night. nice environment
Cons
commute. doctors aren't friendly
very rewarding place to work
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 19, 2013
I couldnt say enough positive things about working at emerson the experience and the bond with coworkers I received is so rewarding my manager has since retired and has left me with so many good memories( I had the same manager for 17 yrs) the patient care was the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job I enjoy caring for people
Pros
coworkers managers environment experience
Great place
technologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 18, 2013
I absolutely love Emerson hospital. The people here are like family to me. Everyone is so kind, and caring. I have learned a lot about patient care here. There are a lot of people who come to us very sick, being able to give them what they need can make all the difference. My boss is the best. She always listens to what I have to say, and makes sure we are happy. The best part of my job here are the people I work with
registered nurse
Registered Nurse Staff - ICU/CCU Unit (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 17, 2013
I worked nights and in a general ICU where we all worked together to get the job done. Management was supportive of our work and what new things that the staff wanted to try to enhance the job for our patients. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great other patients.
Pros
the patients.
Cons
nights.
fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 14, 2015
small community hospital with a great local feel. They average about 30 cases a day. Strong ortho and general programs.
Pros
great lunch room view
Discriminated against D.O. applicant
psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  behavorial healthApril 18, 2012
I applied for this position and was never called for an interview. I'm a Board Certified Psychiatrist who happens to be a D.O. and unfortunately the director graduated from NYU in 1972 when the CT scan was cutting edge. He feels I'm beneath him or is threatened by his archaic knowledge!

4.2