Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Location
Security Officer (Current Employee), Concord, MAMay 24, 2015
public safety, first response, incident reporting, customer service, access control, public safety, first response, incident reporting, customer service, access control
Dynamic Facility to work for including but not limited to ICU, Emergency Room, Critical Float, Med/Surg/Telemetry/Pediatric departments
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee), Concord, MAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at Emerson Hospital was a humbling experience. With an appropriate patient/nurse ratio, I was able to nurse well and support ill patients. The work environment was professional and productive.
clinical setting provided professional growth
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Concord, MAApril 14, 2015
This was a small community hospital,when I first started we had a 40 bed pediatric unit. DRG's were initiated and downsizing resulted in the unit closing. I cross trained in PACU,Chemo,med sure,oath,endoscopy,ED and psych. I enjoyed the learning curve and the experience of professional growth
Fast Paced Environment
General Kitchen Worker (Current Employee), Concord, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: dishes are a hassel sometimes
It is a fast paced environment with friendly kitchen and dietary staff. The Co-workers are good people, the hardest part of the job is dealing with patients who are unruly or grumpy all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients who are uplifting.
fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Concord, MAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great lunch room view
small community hospital with a great local feel. They average about 30 cases a day. Strong ortho and general programs.
great place with great people
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Concord, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: really were none
I did learn alot ,really was great close place to work.
posted all insurance company payments.
Love working at Emerson
RT (Current Employee), Concord, MAOctober 24, 2014
Love working at Emerson. The people are wonderful, environment is positive.
Fast Pace and organized facility
Lab Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fast pace, organized, new facility, great pay
Cons: short lunches, management, lack of help
The workers seem to be more divided into upper or lower class people. I found this odd since it was such a small, private hospital but I'm a quiet person anyway so it didn't bother me but I can say, "they definitely aren't warm to Southerns". I loved that the job was fast pace and organized well in keeping the patients information together and in an orderly fashion. I worked a 4 day,12hr shift, so my least favorite was not having another trained person to help with holding the babies, I would have to get someone from another department to hold. And no matter how much you instruct a person on how to do it and to let them know to have a good grip, when that child screams they forget everything. And lots of times, the key to a successful stick on a baby, comes down to the hold and I didn't have the help. The busy times of the day was before 8 a.m. and after 4 p.m., and I would be the only employee out of 3 working, I explained to management and they did nothing about it! Management was going through changes when I came on board, so it was in a trail and error stage. There was a lot of favoritism, I think mainly due to the new manager leaning on the ones she already knew vs. treating everyone (old and new) as equals.
Hospital Enviroment
Director's Assistant, Facilities Dept (Former Employee), Concord, MAOctober 2, 2014
Very busy all the time
co-workers are great
management could be nicer
This was my first job out of school
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Westford, MAAugust 22, 2014
It was an enjoyable job. I learned how to do a lot of cases. The hardest part of the job was being pregnant and x ray cases
Emerson hospital is a decent hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Concord, MAJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day at work entails coming in at 5am and start morning rounds, which usually is about 20 patients or more per phlebotomist. I have learned how to draw patients using syringes. Management is ok, but very unstable. Nothing about this job is really difiicult. Doing this job for a certain amount of years builds up my skill level. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and coworkers. The employees here at Emerson are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Great place
technologist (Current Employee), Concord, MANovember 18, 2013
I absolutely love Emerson hospital. The people here are like family to me. Everyone is so kind, and caring. I have learned a lot about patient care here. There are a lot of people who come to us very sick, being able to give them what they need can make all the difference. My boss is the best. She always listens to what I have to say, and makes sure we are happy. The best part of my job here are the people I work with
very rewarding place to work
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Concord, MAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: coworkers managers environment experience
I COULDNT SAY ENOUGH POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT WORKING AT EMERSON THE EXPERIENCE AND THE BOND WITH COWORKERS I RECEIVED IS SO REWARDING MY MANAGER HAS SINCE RETIRED AND HAS LEFT ME WITH SO MANY GOOD MEMORIES( I HAD THE SAME MANAGER FOR 17 YRS) THE PATIENT CARE WAS THE MOST ENJOYABLE AND REWARDING PART OF MY JOB I ENJOY CARING FOR PEOPLE
registered nurse
Registered Nurse Staff - ICU/CCU Unit (Former Employee), Concord, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: the patients.
Cons: nights.
I worked nights and in a general ICU where we all worked together to get the job done. Management was supportive of our work and what new things that the staff wanted to try to enhance the job for our patients. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great other patients.
Really good coworkers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), LaboratoryJune 11, 2013
My coworkers are the best. The pay isn't what I'd hoped, and I was told during an interview that when I became ASCP certified that I would get a $1 per hour raise. When I did get my certification, they told me that they no longer did that. There is definitely no incentive for being certified at Emerson. The job is wonderful and the friends I have made are priceless. Definitely one of the better jobs that I've had, I just wish the pay was better.
Friendly Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 133 Old Road, Concord, MA.May 30, 2013
Pros: money, hospitality, employees, patients
Everyone there are professionally outstanding. I've enjoyed every minute of working there.
Pleasant settings, people pleasant
X-Ray Tech, Transcriptionist, Bone Density Tech (Former Employee), Concord, MAJanuary 15, 2013
Cons: no breaks, difficult parking situation
Started the day preparing the room, then getting my patient and doing the exam.

many changes. hard times. co-workers very nice. Loved my job.
Most enjoyable was meeting new patients.
Current Registered Nurse
RN (Current Employee), Concord, MAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: free parking @ night. nice environment
Cons: commute. doctors aren't friendly
I was hired at Emerson hospital last year. I am a Per Diem nurse. I really enjoy my employment at Emerson. The environment is clean, user friendly & updated. I really like Meditech & EMAR systems. Patients & families can be difficult to please because of the wealthy concord area. The pay is a bit higher than surrounding hospitals. The commute is difficult!
Enjoyable and gained lots of experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), concord, MAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, experience, free time
Cons: no pay, long hours, summer
My day at Emerson started with me signing in and then heading up stairs to the volunteer lounge. I would then wait until i was an assigned a job that could be delivering a sample to the laboratory, transporting a patient to different areas of the hospital or transporting dirty and clean medical equipment. I gained experience of what a hospital environment is like from an employees perspective as well as hands on patient experience. There was also a sense of community among the volunteers as we spent free time while waiting for jobs playing cards or helping each other study for tests coming up in school. The adult volunteers who got to the more difficult jobs such as transporting special care patients who were in more critical condition than the patients students were allowed to transport, also gave an insight into a different area of a the hospital that we students did not have access to. The hardest part was definitely transporting patients around the hospital. I would feel pain and guilt for the patient as they lay helpless in the hospital bed as i wheeled them along with another volunteer to get a CAT scan. The most enjyable was spending time with other student volunteers and interacting with the adult volunteers.
good place to work