Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful Learning Experience
ICU RN-student (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 5, 2017
Professional, experienced nurses, providers and staff. Would highly recommend for work. Enjoyed being a part of a great community hospital.
no perks
charge and patient care counselor supervision (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 26, 2017
No real advancement, no worker incentive, low pay. would not recommend. Relocated to Tufts Boston better pay and benefits.
Work culture was to get as much out of the workforce as possible
Good Place to work
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work most of your co-workers are great but some of the Doctor's are rude and they forget that we work together as a team. overall a good place to work.
nice place
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Concord, MADecember 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working in this place. I loved the food, interior and my co-workers. However, previous general manager was making my days miserable sometimes. Fortunately he is not there any longer.
productive
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Concord, MADecember 11, 2016
I love working here. It is a nice environment to work in. I have gotten a lot of work experience at this hospital for when I become a PA.
Cons
short staffed sometimes
Co-workers are great
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 21, 2016
Very good working environment. I have learned how to manage my time very well. Like my co-workers. Hardest part of the job is when a patient passed away from an incurable illness.
Pros
PLACE TO STAY DURING SNOW STORM
Cons
UNDER STAFF
Emerson isn't bad its the lab manager
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 16, 2016
Do yourself a favor and don't work in the lab as a phleb or processor at Emerson Hospital. The manager is so disrespectful and rude. The only reason she is manager is because her friend hired her from a hospital in NH they worked at together. She plays favorites, and makes for a hostile work place. She also has pushed out many of the best phlebotomist due to her ego.
Ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 9, 2016
No union. No support. Nurses have a lot of patients with high acuity and support dosen't seem to be around when you feel like your drowning.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No Union no support
management
Sr Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 14, 2016
the management in the OR is run horrible there is no praise only negativity. The only reason I am looking to leave is to get out of the hostile work environment I am forced to work in every day. My co workers are wonderful.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
terrible management
Great Place To Work!!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 21, 2016
The Lab Manager, i.e. (Client Services Manager for Phlebotomy & Processing) is very fair and the phlebotomy team has not had the same experiences the previous reviewer states. I find that everyone in our Phlebotomy department works hard and as a team. We all get along and are treated fairly and we love working at Emerson where patient care is our first priority. I would highly recommend Emerson as a great place to work!!
Worst most unprofessional managment ive ever seen!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 15, 2016
The lab Manager is the reason for the revolving door! She is rude inconsistant and play favorites. You cant go to upper managment because they are best friends and you cant go to the Phleb coordinator because shes just as scared of the lab Manager as we all are. She plays favorites and theres nothing you can do. Some people have to work weekends if she likes you she thinks of a reason why you dont have to do weekends. There is a divide in the Phleb team do to one coworker who harasses the others and is the lab manager" go to" for gossip. The lab Manager is the problem in the lab! Besides the lab manager the place is great and very professional. As far as care Emerson is the place to be!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
The Lab Manager
I love going to work!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 8, 2016
Emerson has the best culture! The people are so friendly and supportive of one another. All the departments interact well. I truly enjoy going to work every day. Senior Management often is available and they attend department meetings and honestly answer tough questions. I have received 2 promotions within a short period of time, there are many opportunities for growth. I hope to work here for many years to come.
Pros
management, culture
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Great hospital
Former perdium phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 19, 2016
I'm not sure where to even start. There seems to be a revolving door in the lab let's just say in less than a year they have lost over 7 employees this is a small lab and fully staffed ideally would only be 5 -6 people. There is a manager that constantly harasses you, name calls, talks about the employees behind their backs and then plays the victim. I have never in my professional career or in my personal life ever been treated so poorly and spoken to the way I have been by the manager , she often discriminates against female employees and plays favorites, dismissing their concerns my advice is not to work for the lab if you dont want to lose your dignity and constantly get bullied by her, till the point of feeling wortless
Pros
Free parking great cooworkers
Cons
the phlebotomy processing supervisor has no people skills
A good community hospital
Psychiatric Triage Clinician/Psychiatric Counselor (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of me conducting several psychiatric evaluations on patients that are brought into the emergency department. I have learned to effectively gather information from a patient and relay that information to an on-call psychiatrist to help determine proper level of care. Management is good and has attempted to be supportive of staff. My co-workers are positive and work well as a team. The hardest part of my job is informing patients of a decision made by a psychiatrist that they may not agree with, and trying to find the most effective way in communicating that. I enjoy the people I work with and the fact that most cases are unique and provide further learning by being hands on.
Pros
commute to home, flexibility in hours
Cons
Staff turnover rate
Professional, fast paced radiology department
Radiology Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 9, 2016
I learned so much from this company. They were always willing to train an employee for any additional areas they wished to learn. Management always attempted to work with conflicts in scheduling and were never afraid to lend a hand when overly busy.
Community based Hospital with compassion for the wellbeing of all employess and patients.
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 6, 2016
I work with the best people I've ever met. We are all dedicated to helping and improving the lives of others, whether it be the patient's or fellow co-workers. I am very passionate to be able to work with such amazing people and patients.
Amazing
Medical Assistant/Clinical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 26, 2016
Emerson is a great place to work. co-workers and superiors are great and make it possible for you to accomplish your goals
Good people
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 19, 2016
Nutrition Services, is a very disorganized and poorly run department. Very high turnover rate, and general mood is extremely poor. Great coworkers, in a bad environment.
Pros
coworkers are a pleasure to work with
Cons
work 7 hours before break, always standing
Phlebotomy team was very professional and courteous
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked per diem for the laboratory phlebotomy team 2-4 mornings per week. Staff was very professional and courteous to the patients.
Excellent state of the art equipment.
Great place to work out. Great people...not so great management.
Acute Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 22, 2016
I love the people I work with and I love the environment. My coworkers are really nice people that I get along with. The management is not very in tune with the employees. The feedback from management is not so great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Emerson Hospital Reviews by Location