Emerson Network Power

Emerson Network Power Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Systems Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Lorain, OHFebruary 22, 2015
There is no typical day at work
Great engineering team to work with
Experiences in Low, Medium, High Voltage power
Testing
Designing
Troubleshooting
Very productive and fun environment with fun co-workers.
Lead Test Technician (Current Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Very busy and productive that I love most. Not only I feel great about my accomplishments, but also having to work with very minimal supervision and conquer the task I was given.
I've learned so much, from production, engineering process, purchasing, and testing process.
Co-workers are very easy to get a long with.
Hardest part of the job is maybe climbing up in down ladders and pushing a 100 lbs test set. But sure is manageable.
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work knowing that I am going to learn a lot more each and every single day.
Enjoyed the work I did and had a great boss.
Fiber Optics Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: multitasking and crosstraining.
Cons: contract work.
The review I give can only be given from the perspective of a contract worker, but it was a great learning experience.
I made lasers and learned many different aspects to the process of manufacturing lasers and fiber optic components.
My co-workers were great and I enjoyed every skill I learned and always looked for more.
Company operating in the Stone Age, poor incompetent management,
Anonymous (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: some nice and beautiful women
Cons: wages, management, old ways
Some of the people are nice to work with, but as far as professionalism and knowledge... Really poor and most are un educated. Comany promotes in house personnel to fill in open spots. Very few good choices, but mostly others are !ss kissers. More "Chiefs than Indians" here.

Don't know how some people stay around for 37+ years, LM, think and acts as they know everything but in reality, all talk and complaints! (Brown nosin).

Upper management only listens to the ones that b*tch and complain, and is blind to see who the truly hard and competent workers are. No wonder corporate decided to shut this place down!
Excellent place to work. Great management team. Employees worked together well.
Receiving and Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Lorain, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent management, adequate pay and other benefits, good people who worked together for the same goal.
Cons: pay could be improved, health care was adequate at best.
I was an employee nearly 36 years. I enjoyed my time greatly. It was fulfilling to be able to provide goods and services to customers mostly in the telephony field.
Meet customer needs
Emerson Sales Representative (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: few
Cons: mom and pop
I make sure the correct solution is offered to the customer
and not just the most expenses
Good working environment
TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Very good company. Friendly co-worker, good management. Good benefit.
Huntsville (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 16, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
No way, no no no no no. Awful place to work. They lie. Keep on going past this company don't choose them.
Productive, results-oriented and ever changing workplace
Credit and Contract Department Operations Manager (Former Employee), Westerville, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: company events, free lunches, travel
Cons: advancement opportunities were limited and felt unappreciated despite success
The challenge was keeping up with the departmental changes, while maintaining success at aggressive past due collections goals and meeting Days Outstanding targets. I was the 'go to' person and handling the volume of requests for assistance was very challenging too. My job encompassed all operational aspects of the department, from transactional issues to higher level management decisions, such as policy and procedures and approvals for many issues to prompt resolution.
Fun working together to build power generator
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: there was a lot of overtime
Cons: no job security
The first three days for training is difficult because of the tools we have to use to wire the generator. Some of the tools require strength, but once your body becomes use to all the tools the works becomes easy.
Avocent Corporation that is now a part of Emerson Power.
Channel Sales Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: president's club
Scalable IT infrastructure solutions company with numerous Fortune 500 clients; became a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric Co. in 2009.
A close knit group of colleaues that all worked together to sell data center technology. Management was always open to new ideas of attaining quota legitimately.
Good benefits.
PCS Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot of unhappy co workers; no room for promotion because it is not corporate office.
Typical manufacturing facility with Corporate office in east coast. A lot of co workers who are unhappy and have been there for so long. The hardest part is to manage them and break some of their bad habits, although, I enjoyed mentoring a lot.
Productive not many opportunities to advance position
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Welcome, NCOctober 13, 2014
Productive not many opportunities to advance position unless someone leaves the company.
Good Job
Account Manager (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 9, 2014
Pros: outstanding product
Cons: no direction
Good Job - All jobs have issues - blah blah - Nothing bad to say - nothing great to say. Its a hard company to break in to as a new employee from a peer perspective.
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company encouragement with innovation in work processes
Cons: information not always disseminated throughout corporation
Fun and challenging place to work with flexible hours. World wide body of co-workers with emphasis on team approach to solving problems. Innovation and continuous improvement philosophy always encouraged. Job assignments and tasks always evolving to meet company growth objectives.
large research institute
Computational Engineer (Current Employee), Lemont, ILOctober 3, 2014
too many politics. if you lose funding, you will lose your job
good work environment
Exec Assist to VP of Operations (Former Employee), Waseca, MNSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed my work as administrative support and working for the VP.
Always productive.
Wire room Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 9, 2014
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot during my time in this job.
Great work environment!
Fabrication Operator (Current Employee), Welcome, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Good place to work, decent pay and great environment. Hours are not that bad either. Pay is not based on production so not a real sweat shop. People are friendly and has an older adult culture. Ive seen plenty of employees come here and retire.
Good exposure to Oracle Projects Suite
Functional Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2014
Being involved in complete SDLC of the Project, and looking for better career oppurtunities

1 2 3 4

About Emerson Network Power

Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), protects and optimizes critical infrastructure for data centers, communication – Read more