Emerson Employee Reviews

Great starting place out of college. Great compensation and benefits
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 7, 2016
Great Benefits as a sales engineer (company car, expense card, commission, and work from home) Moving up the company is difficult as it takes 5+ years to get promoted but great work environment. Emerson has a bunch of companies and they allowed ASCO to operate how they wanted with minimal involvement.
Pros
Work from home, company car, expense report.
Cons
No place for advancement
Engineering Delivery projects only
Senior Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2016
This division of Emerson concentrates in delivering projects only, limiting the work force to be creative and having career advancements. Good technical environment mixed with third world countries outsourcing support.
Pros
Good benefits, multiple business units
Cons
Unorganized multiple business units
Great Company and Compensation
INSTRUMENT BUILDER & TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 14, 2016
Emerson is a long standing company who provide great benefits to the employees. It is a great place to learn about a Lean Manufacturing environment.

My typical day was going between several stations and completing repetitive tasks to build units. Troubleshooting issues that occurred. Working with leadership to solve issues and to plan out the day.

Worst part is the downtime, management is very strict on downtime though it is a big part of the job. You will stay busy, but there are not always moments you will have work to do, which provides a very boring environment with strict policies.
Pros
Good pay, growth, education support
Cons
Short breaks, Boring

Comment – May 9, 2016

Hello and thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team! We appreciate your feedback. Creating opportunities for our employees to learn and grow is important to us, and we are glad to hear your experience with Emerson has been positive. Should you ever wish to speak with a member of our Human Resources team one-on-one, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Very nice environment ,was welding al type of metals with heli arc
Welder3 (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXNovember 28, 2016
Welded all types of metal which was more challenging ,benefits and 41k was amazing .nice safety courses and instructions on being safe and taking that safety home with you.
New to automotive!
Launch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 22, 2016
Major appliances were the company's core product, so there was much risk in venturing into automotive. Management thought hiring one excellent / experienced Launch Manager would solve all the problems, but even with my exceptional work ethic and a lot of efficiently worked extra hours, the company lacked support.
Pros
Deep pockets, nice benefits, lots of international travel
Cons
Spread too thin, without direct reports
Meh
MANAGER, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
It was a job and had good days and bad. Some people were great others not so much. Emerson is a huge company and they didn't always pay well and the their benefits were standard. Nothing special.
Emerson
Project Manager, (PMO Governance Board Advisor) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Excellent company to work for good people and opportunities are there if you want them. Compensation is a little on the low side but they are a good company to work for.
Stressful place to work
Group Supervisor 2 in (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 10, 2016
Lots of stress and poor leadership. If you are not an engineer then you have no say in anything that is happening. The culture only respects engineers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership

Comment – September 6, 2016

Greetings. Thank you for your feedback. We value every employee, not just engineers, and it is important to us that our culture reflects that respect for all team members. We would like to hear more about your experience, as well as your suggestions for leadership improvement. Please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to continue the conversation one-on-one with a member of our Human Resources team.

Best Job I ever had
Senior Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 5, 2016
This company 10+ years ago had the best supervisor/ managers. It was a company that started out very big in the department, then it downsized to about no more than 10 people. Everyone got along, we had our days of fun and we had our days where we didn't care to look at each other,. but overall great company with some great benefits.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Manager, Food, Drinks
Cons
Outsourced to another country
Emerson Climate Technologies
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ava, MOFebruary 26, 2016
Typical day was pretty good, worked with a lot of good people and had good management for the most part. Co-workers were amazing, hardest part of the job was always being passed over for things that I deserved, the most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I created. Management seemed to care about their employees, and when their employees did well they took them out for pizza (or breakfast if they worked third shift). Benefits were good and there was plenty of a chance for advancement.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, good people
Cons
do not always get the advancment you deserve
Horrible company to work for, poor management, no support for employees
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
This company is behind the curve. Poor benefits, below market compensation, less flexible hours than similar industries. Leadership is weak.
Pros
some locations have a gym onsite
Cons
compensation and benefits

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team and for sharing your feedback. It is a top priority for us to create and maintain a supportive environment for our employees. We would like to hear more about your experiences, as well as your suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of the Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Assembler
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 28, 2016
Dirty, usually too hot environment. Unsafe and dismal. Only 20 minutes for lunch, barely time to eat, bathroom, and don't be a minute late getting back to your station. Overtime was required almost every weekend, and holiday. Forget about family time...by the time you get home, you're too exhausted to bother doing much except showering and going to bed! I finally left, got tired of feeling like a caged hamster on a wheel.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, uncaring management, dismal conditions
If you need a job!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 21, 2016
If you need a job it is an OK company to work for. The benefits are average. If you are in sales or marketing you will probably have a growth path. If you are in engineering you will be lucky to get a 2% increase annually, good performance or bad everyone gets the same %. I have been here 10 years and the only announced promotion in engineering was after the EE notified them he had another offer. The EE left anyway because recognized that is the Emerson game and he would not see another promotion.

They are closing this office and moving Engineering to Florida because our profits are down, like most US companies. The Florida group has a better sales organization but is much weaker in Engineering. So they close Engineering and promote the sales people.
Pros
Nice equipment provided.
Cons
Lousy raises, no promotions and lousy management.
Porductive and friendly environment
Wire Dept. (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
At my previous job I've learned many variety of repetitive operations to assemble wires. I was able to train and coach other new employees to the company. All the workers there was really friendly and helpful to one another.
Pros
friendly, free lunch, great management
benefits
Productive and friendly environment
Wire Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 12, 2016
Every morning I come into work with a happy smiles on my face because of the people, who I enjoy working with, see, and communicate with.
Pros
helping one another, free lunches for birthdays, company activities, and short day of work for holidays
Cons
Yearly raised
Productive and Balanced
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAApril 12, 2016
I worked at ClosetMaid through a temp agency. This is a decent company to work for. They offer benefits, healthcare and 401k. The people I worked with were friendly. I worked there as a warehouse laborer. We would collect packages for orders then prepare them for shipping.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Breaks and Great Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Stable workplace
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2016
A typical day involved running complex machines. I learned much about how these machines worked and how to fix them to a certain extent. Management was well structured and easy to get along with. My co-workers were fun and easy going, most were will to help when someone needed it. the hardest part was identifying the problem and fixing it. also had trouble understanding the full extent of the machines and how they run. The most enjoyable part was that sometimes the machines would run themselves through the shift without any problems.
Pros
good pay, good breaks, fun co-workers
Cons
Machines Can be confusing sometimes. bad shifts.
Field Engineer
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2016
At any time you may receive a call to go anywhere in Emerson's territory, which for me is anywhere in the US and parts of Canada. If you're not on the road, you're expected to be working in the labs on the main product, Ovation. That sounds great on paper until it comes time to log your hours for the week, when you'll file everything under the project you're working on then be told not to charge that project. Or sometimes you work on tasks that have no charge number, and they'll tell you to use some random number, or worse, they'll send you on a wild goose chase to justify your activities. There is a very unprofessional in-fighting which goes on between departments, and field engineers often get caught in the middle of that because we work on a variety of projects. People that have been with the company for a long time will say "Don't ever make plans", which when translated means 'the job is your life'. That won't bother you if you're a loner with few friends/family/relationship ties. If you have a question in the field which requires more expert advice, prepare to deal with an angered expert for merely asking your question. The office politics reflect badly on management, and that's only going to get worse given that a manager has just quit.
I worked for a manager who had no idea what I did when I was in the field, because this person was familiar only with Emerson's main product.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Angry people, in-fighting, poor management of dept
Good and excellence learning experience overall!
ICSS E & I Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
typical day at work usually requires a lot of interfacing with the project team, and with the customer & client as needed;
it has been a great learning experience;
project management is pretty complex;
hardest part was to keep up with multiple IFC revision of customer design inputs;
the most enjoyable part of the job was every time we reached an important milestone, it was kind of a great satisfaction to get the job done, and move forward to the next challenge.
I worked there 9 months.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 28, 2016
I operated a CNC machine. Very difficult machine to learn and operate. Had to write programs for it and operate the programs for the machine. I am not a machine programmer. Management was not the greatest people to work for. I felt they really didnt want to teach on how to write programs and download into machine. Hardest part of my job was not to produce scrap. The most enjoyable part was leaving at 2:30.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
short breaks, no insurance