Emerson Employee Reviews

Stable workplace
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2016
A typical day involved running complex machines. I learned much about how these machines worked and how to fix them to a certain extent. Management was well structured and easy to get along with. My co-workers were fun and easy going, most were will to help when someone needed it. the hardest part was identifying the problem and fixing it. also had trouble understanding the full extent of the machines and how they run. The most enjoyable part was that sometimes the machines would run themselves through the shift without any problems.
Pros
good pay, good breaks, fun co-workers
Cons
Machines Can be confusing sometimes. bad shifts.
I worked there 9 months.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 28, 2016
I operated a CNC machine. Very difficult machine to learn and operate. Had to write programs for it and operate the programs for the machine. I am not a machine programmer. Management was not the greatest people to work for. I felt they really didnt want to teach on how to write programs and download into machine. Hardest part of my job was not to produce scrap. The most enjoyable part was leaving at 2:30.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
short breaks, no insurance
Very boring but looks good on a resume
Record Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IANovember 29, 2016
I never liked the work I did here and didn't really enjoy most of the people I worked with. However, the job was very self explanatory, good experience, and a wonderful resume builder. My typical day was coming in, sitting at a desk, pulling staples out of giant stacks of paper, scanning them, and refiling them onto shelves. Exhilarating.
Pros
Work at your own pace and decent pay
Cons
MIND NUMBING
great work place
form coils class A wind (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNNovember 30, 2016
worked here for 10 years! laid back good money easy pay long as you do your job. Idk if this place is even still open or under the same name last time I heard it was going out of business soon. I had alotta friends there when I was there they where family to me we all got along decent everyday I spent with them was the best years of my days at Leroy somer its was one helluva ride
Pros
laid back place
Cons
hot and cold enviroment
Fine American Company
Procurement Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Project based Engineering centers with many Oil/Gas opportunities in Houston, and Life Science in Austin/WC USA. Employees treated fair and timely prompt annual increases.

Emerson also provides profit sharing annual pension. In addition to typical 401-K matching contribution.

Business organisation developed off each Engineering Center. Procurement role based on corporate template PMO. Annual certification for ethics and government required trade training.
Large, stable company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for a business unit of Emerson Electric Co. for about 3.5 years. The corporate staff was extremely friendly and helpful during the early stages after our company was acquired. I met and worked under an individual who turned out to be the best boss I've ever had. There were definitely some growing pains experienced due to the acquisition, but overall, it was OK.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers at the corporate level
Cons
Lots more reporting requirements
Good and excellence learning experience overall!
ICSS E & I Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
typical day at work usually requires a lot of interfacing with the project team, and with the customer & client as needed;
it has been a great learning experience;
project management is pretty complex;
hardest part was to keep up with multiple IFC revision of customer design inputs;
the most enjoyable part of the job was every time we reached an important milestone, it was kind of a great satisfaction to get the job done, and move forward to the next challenge.
Pick/Pack
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 1, 2016
The items be place on the packer station to be pack. Once the packer receive the customer items. The packer have to make a box that fit all the customer orders in. Then place a protection shield to keep the customer items in place and safe in the box.

A picker goes out and get the customer items and place it in the white, yellow, blue, or red tote. Then give to the packer to be pack and shipped out.
Pros
If you make high in your production and rate, Emerson will give everybody a free luch meal.
Cons
If behind, we'll have no first 15 minute break. Just keep pushing until we get caught up.
OK to work there during oil boom, not so during bust.
Sr. Applications Engineer, R&D Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Worked for Emerson Process Management, Remote Automation Solutions. Not a bad place to work until the oil bust happened but they have severe problems with their software and hardware R&D being constantly behind, up to 3 years behind on projects. They are mainly into selling hardware and the software is an after thought.
Engineering Delivery projects only
Senior Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2016
This division of Emerson concentrates in delivering projects only, limiting the work force to be creative and having career advancements. Good technical environment mixed with third world countries outsourcing support.
Pros
Good benefits, multiple business units
Cons
Unorganized multiple business units
Great starting place out of college. Great compensation and benefits
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 7, 2016
Great Benefits as a sales engineer (company car, expense card, commission, and work from home) Moving up the company is difficult as it takes 5+ years to get promoted but great work environment. Emerson has a bunch of companies and they allowed ASCO to operate how they wanted with minimal involvement.
Pros
Work from home, company car, expense report.
Cons
No place for advancement
No work/life balance
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
In my department there is no management and the employees are expected to pick up the slack. There is very little capital invested into the department so we have the students learn on computers that are 10 years old. Moral here is low. Our motto: "Don't do it right. Just do it.
Pros
International, well established organization
Cons
You name it...

Comment – September 6, 2016

Hello. We are committed to creating an environment where quality work is valued and where management serves as a support system to employees. We value your feedback, and we'd like to hear your suggestions for improving morale in your department. We welcome the opportunity to continue the discussion one-on-one; please reach out to us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to have a conversation with a member of our Human Resources team.

Emerson is an excellent company to work for.
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, MOOctober 7, 2016
I have worked for Emerson for 20 years. It is an employee friendly company who truly values the work that you do. The company has allowed me to gain experience in a wide variety of the human resource arena. With a great management team, the company continues to grow.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Hello, and thank you for your feedback! It is important to us that our employees know they are valued and are able to grow professionally with the company. We’re glad to hear you had positive experiences in your time with us. Thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team!

productive when there is work...good place to work
Sr. Wireman/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
6 to 9 months if hired. In retrospect if there is work you will work. If not you may get laid off its not promising to get hired on. good people to work with. No problem teaching you what you don't know. Good job overall.
Pros
lunch 35 min
Cons
6 months to a year to get hired on if u make it that long as a contractor.
Challenging job
Syncade MES Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work
- Providing technical support to Emerson's customers worldwide..
What you learned
- Since I am engaged on handling software related issues, I learned different programming language..
- Likewise any other companies, some of the Emerson's managers are making poor decisions and need some improvements on people skills..
Your Co-workers
- Emerson is good in hiring skilled workers...
The hardest part of the job
- Dealing with rude customers..
The most enjoyable part of the job
- Solving a lot of challenging issues.

Comment – August 8, 2016

Greetings and thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team! We value your opinions about the Emerson work environment, and we would like to hear more about your experiences and suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

A professional environment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 27, 2016
A clean and professional environment. Management worked along with the team in which we were very productive on a regular bases. work was difficult at times but i was proficient in many areas of the plant so most issues i was able to over come.
Challenging position withing a very large compressor manufacturer
A/C Commercial Scroll Project Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 21, 2016
Great job, worked for a project manager with two other interns. received tasks from different project managers to test specific product changes to see if they improved the compressor's function or performance.
(ASCO)Experienced techs are willing to teach
Production Test Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 24, 2016
Senior personnel are full of knowledge.Always helpful IF you are willing to learn how to do things the correct way. NO shortcuts allowed.
Pros
Never micro- managed, overtime, flexibility.
Cons
dirty, outdated facilities, no cafeteria.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We’re committed to building teams that support and teach each other, and we’re glad to hear your experience with the Emerson team was a positive one. Should you wish to provide any additional constructive feedback to a member of our Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Productive and fast pace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 8, 2016
it's a very fast pace work environment, which I like cause I wont get bored. I have the learned the importance of knowing what's going on around you at all times to create a safer work environment. Most of the co workers are pleasant to be around, but I found that a few don't seem to like when new hires come in. They were not very polite and some even talk to you as if your stupid and beneath them. I don't believe that is exercising professional work ethics and it bothered me a lot. The hardest part of the job I would say is taking in others personalities and hang ups and dealing with a very demanding work schedule especially for those who are single parents and have to work around two schedules one for their child care and for the companies schedules. The most enjoyable part for me is knowing I created something and I was part of a team.
Pros
sufficiant breaks, good managment
Cons
flexible work hours for those who have child care issues

Comment – October 10, 2016

Greetings and thank you for your feedback! Creating a work atmosphere where each employee feels like part of the team is top-of-mind for us, and we are glad to hear you feel that way. We are committed to making every employee feel welcome, and we’d like to hear more about your suggestions for improving the new hire experiences. Please get in touch with us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to connect one-on-one with a member of our Human Resources team.

productive and great place to work with good people
Quality Tech III (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TNAugust 10, 2016
a typical day of work involves a lot of meetings with managers and engineers to discuss issues. the management here are easy to work with and always there to help. the hardest part of my day is the stress a real quality job can put on you. the
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible retirement