Emerson Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Single Pack/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  1900 Evergreen Pkwy, Lebanon, MO 65536July 17, 2017
I would recommend a job in this workplace to anyone. It is a wonderful place to work if you enjoy the career field. Employees are awesome and very easy to get along with.
Quiet and Outsourced
Lead Cash Applier (Contract) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2017
Emerson was a very quiet and easy job. All I had to do is learn their system, because I already knew accounts receivable. I was there due to a medical leave and then they outsourced the job.
Pros
Quiet and Laid-back
Cons
Outsourced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 13, 2017
Everyday was different working there. I learned so much by working there. One of the best places and companies I have ever worked for. Nothing there was a hard to do. I enjoyed working with everyone I worked with. Never a dull moment there.
Pros
raises every three month until your at top pay
Cons
short breaks
The People
Die Cast operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 8, 2017
At Emerson you got paid by production, had to read blue prints, make sure everything was done correct by the blue print and no errors.
The People there was like family.
Production manufacturing
Wire Drawing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 7, 2017
Typical wood household storage manufacturing company. Friendly environment. steady pace, great salary and home time. Ocala is a great area for families.
Revenue Superivosr
Revenue Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2017
My boss was great but the pay was really bad. I left because the division was going out of business. People were fun to work with and I learned a lot about the transportation industry.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay
Career Opportunities
MANAGER, EMERSON AUTOMATIONS SOLUTIONS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
Emerson offers a wide variety of career opportunities. Workload is a bit of a stretch but it gives us opportunities to learn the different areas of business that we can use for career advancement in the future.
Assembly and Technicina
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 5, 2017
Jobs there is relaxation and easy going. Work is self-motivated. No rush when performing jobs and no looking over the shoulder when working. Supervisor has a complete trust and fulfillment for their employee
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Senior Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table in the gym. Manager and Supervisor here you out when you need to speak. Good environment to work in. :)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive job that offers first shift.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INJune 27, 2017
This job requires a lot of hard physical work. Although I really enjoyed the atmosphere, I personally didn't feel the pay compensated for how physically draining it is.
Pros
cafeteria, breaks, people
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Emerson?

Ask a question
Exciting and Fun
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 27, 2017
during my time at Emerson, I enjoyed working with the Sales team and traveling to meet different and do different things. Assisted in increasing Sales and finding ways to better the process.
Pros
Great People and Team Focused
Cons
Could of improved on Training
Great Place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 26, 2017
Great place to work and great employees to work with. Expanded my general office knowledge and worked for them for several years. Most enjoyable part of the job was that it felt family oriented.
July 11, 2017

Hello, and thanks for your feedback. We work to give our employees the tools they need to succeed and grow, and we’re happy to hear that you had a positive experience!

Meh
Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2017
Industrial company that has struggled to transform culturally. Conceited upper management team that does not value modern methods or technology. Stuck in the 1990's. Very engineering focused/driven and traditional.
I build inspect and package quality garbage disposals.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 20, 2017
I work on a line that includes inspection of bill of material to make sure Iam using the right parts to build garbage disposers. I assemble garbage disposals correctly and timely in fast paced environment while packaging them and palletizing while labeling and getting ready for shipping.
Low pay, low vacation, and if you're not management then good luck advancing your career
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 19, 2017
Knowledgeable engineers to learn and work with. Incredibly low pay with meager vacation time; 2 weeks starting then 3 weeks when you hit 5 years with the company. HR will call your supervisor if you're sick more than 2 days. Management is all about bottom line numbers meaning they aren't looking out for you or your career. They sell profit sharing, but the new president limits it to 8% while historically it's been capped at 15%. Evidence backed course of action suggestions fall on deaf ears. Nepotism and the good 'ol boys club prevalent within this company. Hardest part about the jobs was striving for excellence then at the end of the year be rewarded with 2.7% to 3%. Best part was meeting lifelong mentors and friends.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, Vacation, and everything else besides the people
July 11, 2017

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. It is important to us that we foster an environment where our employees feel supported and trusted, and we’re sorry to hear that your experience did not meet those standards. We’d encourage you to reach out to us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to speak one-on-one with a member of our HR team so we can learn more about your experiences.

my manager was great person to work for.
Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 19, 2017
not my field but the people were great respect other idea the benefit was bit too high. the work place was very clean and need and the safety was top to the least.
Pros
long hours of work
Cons
normal break
Major holding company.
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2017
Great working culture. Senior and middle mgt team really focused and market driven. Number one in power quality products for backup power for data centers.
Clean Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJune 14, 2017
Hard environment to work in if you are not in the click. They do have benefits and a clean environment to work in. Opportunities for working 60 hours per week due to being in the busy season.
Management is great
Oil Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 11, 2017
Management was very understanding and would make you feel appreciated. They allowed me to explore new roles. Very friendly throughout the company. Held you to a high standard but never felt overbearing or nit picky.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Had layoffs
July 11, 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is very important to us that our management team supports our employees and make them feel values, and we’re happy to hear that was your experience during your time with Emerson.

Okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJune 9, 2017
Depends on how you like temporary services. Sometimes you will find a job sometimes you will not. No vacation or heath benefits. Keep track of your hours. They sometimes short you hours.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Depends on the company about breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.