Emerson Employee Reviews in United States

productive lunch
Hadoop admin Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
a typical day checking emails
learned java programming
worked with coworkers
hardest part is discuss project
enjoy off time
NA ED SERVICES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Company lacks the innovation and management team necessary to survive in today's market. Emerson has been so to react to new trends in Technology. Direction and key decisions are made by a very small group that is out of touch.
Best Company Ever
Panel Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2016
A great company to work for. Great atmosphere great people. Does not pay much but it makes up for in other stuff. I enjoyed working there plus it had plenty of overtime but they need to pay more their employees. I started with 14$ after a temp hire and I had lots of experience and they only offered my 50 cents extra, what a joke.
A fun experience, that offers to teach new employees to the latest technology within a great department of knowledgeable and social people.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 7, 2016
Typical day:
-Review of tasks and assignments on the project manager program for today and this week.
-Work on said tasks, while keeping watch of any urgent help desk tickets.
-Have a meeting with the entire team and discuss of the upcoming tasks and projects, while giving a group rating of the difficulty of the project.
-Have lunch and socialize with other people in the department.
-Sometimes meet with other employees via streaming sight to understand a problem or adjustments to a large scale project revolving around their department.

What I've learned:
-JavaScript, HTML, JSON
-Interactions with a group of people for a programming project.
-Github and Git
-Test Driven Design (TDD)
-Different libraries of JAVA
-SQL

Management and coworkers:
Employees are knowledgeable and always available for assistance.

Hardest part of the job:
Interactions and retrieving direct response to international customers/ employees. It can take a lot time to retrieve a response and at times there can be a minor bug which needs to be resolved. Which then we start the process of debugging, testing, production, and then awaiting for the response.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interacting with the people within the department, and this is due to the company culture. It's a very interactive and social group of people of well experienced and knowledgeable individuals.
Challenging job
Syncade MES Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work
- Providing technical support to Emerson's customers worldwide..
What you learned
- Since I am engaged on handling software related issues, I learned different programming language..
- Likewise any other companies, some of the Emerson's managers are making poor decisions and need some improvements on people skills..
Your Co-workers
- Emerson is good in hiring skilled workers...
The hardest part of the job
- Dealing with rude customers..
The most enjoyable part of the job
- Solving a lot of challenging issues.
Solid Company where you can build a career
Senior Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2016
Excellent place to work where you can learn and contribute a lot. You work in software development using standard OSs ,languages and process control SCADA and other process control methodologies
Horrible company to work for, poor management, no support for employees
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
This company is behind the curve. Poor benefits, below market compensation, less flexible hours than similar industries. Leadership is weak.
Pros
some locations have a gym onsite
Cons
compensation and benefits

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team and for sharing your feedback. It is a top priority for us to create and maintain a supportive environment for our employees. We would like to hear more about your experiences, as well as your suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of the Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Challenging environment
Various Quality Engineering / Manager Positions (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 21, 2016
Overall a good employer. Senior management seems to change over more often than in years past. Corporate appears to have more and more control over day to day operations.
Pros
Upward mobility, tuition reimbursement, great profit sharing plan.
Cons
HR can be challenging to work with, some mid level managers and directors not held accountable.
Cold Environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIJune 11, 2016
A typical day at Macomb Smoked Meats was very cold, fast paced working environment, co-workers was nice but nosy the hardest part of the job was being in the cold environment.
Company is very Pro Saftey
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 10, 2016
Not to bad of a company to work for. Hours are not always there to make and job security is not there right now. Was able to travel a good bit. Worked in paper mills and power plants.
Factory
Factory (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 8, 2016
I worked multiple shifts and production lines. I also trained new employees on certain assembly lines. Certain production lines required heavy lifting.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
Small pay with little advancement
Positive and learning enviroment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2016
A typical day involved getting to work all working accordingly to get a task complete. Then lunch which was everybody's favorite because someone always had a story to tell. The hardest part of the day was about 5 because at that time the warehouse would be so hot. I learned lot with this company, the guys that worked their loved each other like family. And when it was something you didn't know or wanted to know they wouldn't hesitate to show you.
Pros
Cool Boss
Cons
No AC in the summer

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Creating a positive learning environment for our employees is important to us, and we are glad to hear you valued your time with the Emerson team. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

N/a
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAJune 7, 2016
Great place to work. Leading in the manufacturing/oil and gas industry on multiple fronts. Great opportunities for engineers and STEM majors.
Best Job I ever had
Senior Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 5, 2016
This company 10+ years ago had the best supervisor/ managers. It was a company that started out very big in the department, then it downsized to about no more than 10 people. Everyone got along, we had our days of fun and we had our days where we didn't care to look at each other,. but overall great company with some great benefits.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Manager, Food, Drinks
Cons
Outsourced to another country
Its a factory
Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 2, 2016
It was nice working at a job that had great staff, there was always work to do and hours to give. Great pay also. It was nice having a set schedule and not having to wait on other employees to come in for you to go home.
Great company!
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Challenging, fun and team oriented. Plenty of training. Easy going. Great people to work with. Would recommend, but too many lay offs.
Pros
Lots of teamwork.
Cons
Not a stable job.
New to automotive!
Launch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 22, 2016
Major appliances were the company's core product, so there was much risk in venturing into automotive. Management thought hiring one excellent / experienced Launch Manager would solve all the problems, but even with my exceptional work ethic and a lot of efficiently worked extra hours, the company lacked support.
Pros
Deep pockets, nice benefits, lots of international travel
Cons
Spread too thin, without direct reports
productive
Stand by inspector and an assembler (Former Employee) –  Menominee, MIMay 21, 2016
i enjoyed Emerson . I worked in Armature and Field and was also a Stand by Inspector . I am no longer there since the plant moved out of the country, It was a great place to work
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
moved out of country
Great Place with Great people
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 18, 2016
Great people, and a lot of team work. I'd go back and work there again if possible. For such a large company, emphasis on family was huge within the IT organization
Porductive and friendly environment
Wire Dept. (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
At my previous job I've learned many variety of repetitive operations to assemble wires. I was able to train and coach other new employees to the company. All the workers there was really friendly and helpful to one another.
Pros
friendly, free lunch, great management
benefits