Emerson Employee Reviews

not that bad
(Rosemount) Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 24, 2016
busy,fast pace and they pay attention to the environment and work safety.

They will be in the business for some time to come
Good and excellence learning experience overall!
ICSS E & I Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
typical day at work usually requires a lot of interfacing with the project team, and with the customer & client as needed;
it has been a great learning experience;
project management is pretty complex;
hardest part was to keep up with multiple IFC revision of customer design inputs;
the most enjoyable part of the job was every time we reached an important milestone, it was kind of a great satisfaction to get the job done, and move forward to the next challenge.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Staff Accountant (Special Projects) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Emerson Process Management (GC) location has a great working environment from a personal and professional standpoint. The company prides itself on team-building and department interactions.
Productive and fast pace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 8, 2016
it's a very fast pace work environment, which I like cause I wont get bored. I have the learned the importance of knowing what's going on around you at all times to create a safer work environment. Most of the co workers are pleasant to be around, but I found that a few don't seem to like when new hires come in. They were not very polite and some even talk to you as if your stupid and beneath them. I don't believe that is exercising professional work ethics and it bothered me a lot. The hardest part of the job I would say is taking in others personalities and hang ups and dealing with a very demanding work schedule especially for those who are single parents and have to work around two schedules one for their child care and for the companies schedules. The most enjoyable part for me is knowing I created something and I was part of a team.
Pros
sufficiant breaks, good managment
Cons
flexible work hours for those who have child care issues
World Class Company
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Great company with highly qualified people who are driven to improve the business in every way. There are a lot of demands, meetings and reporting required by corporate offices. Very well run business.
Pick/Pack
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 1, 2016
The items be place on the packer station to be pack. Once the packer receive the customer items. The packer have to make a box that fit all the customer orders in. Then place a protection shield to keep the customer items in place and safe in the box.

A picker goes out and get the customer items and place it in the white, yellow, blue, or red tote. Then give to the packer to be pack and shipped out.
Pros
If you make high in your production and rate, Emerson will give everybody a free luch meal.
Cons
If behind, we'll have no first 15 minute break. Just keep pushing until we get caught up.
productive when there is work...good place to work
Sr. Wireman/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
6 to 9 months if hired. In retrospect if there is work you will work. If not you may get laid off its not promising to get hired on. good people to work with. No problem teaching you what you don't know. Good job overall.
Pros
lunch 35 min
Cons
6 months to a year to get hired on if u make it that long as a contractor.
Emerson
Project Manager, (PMO Governance Board Advisor) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Excellent company to work for good people and opportunities are there if you want them. Compensation is a little on the low side but they are a good company to work for.
Product Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
Some improvements in job culture would help.
The company is under restructuring, no job security.
I see a goof future for the company.
No work/life balance
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
In my department there is no management and the employees are expected to pick up the slack. There is very little capital invested into the department so we have the students learn on computers that are 10 years old. Moral here is low. Our motto: "Don't do it right. Just do it.
Pros
International, well established organization
Cons
You name it...

Comment – September 6, 2016

Hello. We are committed to creating an environment where quality work is valued and where management serves as a support system to employees. We value your feedback, and we'd like to hear your suggestions for improving morale in your department. We welcome the opportunity to continue the discussion one-on-one; please reach out to us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to have a conversation with a member of our Human Resources team.

Challenging position withing a very large compressor manufacturer
A/C Commercial Scroll Project Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 21, 2016
Great job, worked for a project manager with two other interns. received tasks from different project managers to test specific product changes to see if they improved the compressor's function or performance.
Great Firm
Principle (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work. Good people. Great leadership. Lots of interesting clients. Can't say enough about the experience while working here.
Pros
People, environment and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Cons
Firm was sold to CBIZ
Great for a 1st Job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 15, 2016
It was very fast paced and I liked it but they relocated to Moreno Valley and was unable to commute for $10.00.I pulled orders and they were put on a truck before we left so they can be shipped out.
productive and great place to work with good people
Quality Tech III (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TNAugust 10, 2016
a typical day of work involves a lot of meetings with managers and engineers to discuss issues. the management here are easy to work with and always there to help. the hardest part of my day is the stress a real quality job can put on you. the
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible retirement
Stressful place to work
Group Supervisor 2 in (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 10, 2016
Lots of stress and poor leadership. If you are not an engineer then you have no say in anything that is happening. The culture only respects engineers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership

Comment – September 6, 2016

Greetings. Thank you for your feedback. We value every employee, not just engineers, and it is important to us that our culture reflects that respect for all team members. We would like to hear more about your experience, as well as your suggestions for leadership improvement. Please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to continue the conversation one-on-one with a member of our Human Resources team.

Great starting place out of college. Great compensation and benefits
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 7, 2016
Great Benefits as a sales engineer (company car, expense card, commission, and work from home) Moving up the company is difficult as it takes 5+ years to get promoted but great work environment. Emerson has a bunch of companies and they allowed ASCO to operate how they wanted with minimal involvement.
Pros
Work from home, company car, expense report.
Cons
No place for advancement
Ensuring I had the required parts to complete my tasks
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 28, 2016
Given a task, EC a board and test and document the effect of the modification.

What did I learn? Resourcefulness in gathering parts.

Hardest part of the job; Gathering parts to complete task.

Most enjoyable? completing the task, testing and updating documentation.
Working in a small company
Office Manager & Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 21, 2016
This may or may not be for everyone. Values are missing with the employees typical of the environment. Could have used more professionalism within the company.
Pros
Cons
Getting enough experience.
productive lunch
Hadoop admin Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
a typical day checking emails
learned java programming
worked with coworkers
hardest part is discuss project
enjoy off time
NA ED SERVICES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Company lacks the innovation and management team necessary to survive in today's market. Emerson has been so to react to new trends in Technology. Direction and key decisions are made by a very small group that is out of touch.