Emerson Employee Reviews

great work place
form coils class A wind (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNNovember 30, 2016
worked here for 10 years! laid back good money easy pay long as you do your job. Idk if this place is even still open or under the same name last time I heard it was going out of business soon. I had alotta friends there when I was there they where family to me we all got along decent everyday I spent with them was the best years of my days at Leroy somer its was one helluva ride
Pros
laid back place
Cons
hot and cold enviroment
Very nice environment ,was welding al type of metals with heli arc
Welder3 (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXNovember 28, 2016
Welded all types of metal which was more challenging ,benefits and 41k was amazing .nice safety courses and instructions on being safe and taking that safety home with you.
Temp Agency
Marketing Anaylist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 28, 2016
Excellent staffing service for placement in temporary office and administrative positions throughout the South Jersey and Philadelphia area.
Great communication and helpful staff.
Pros
Great staff and customer service
Cons
Not enough positions
A professional environment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 27, 2016
A clean and professional environment. Management worked along with the team in which we were very productive on a regular bases. work was difficult at times but i was proficient in many areas of the plant so most issues i was able to over come.
Great company
Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNNovember 18, 2016
Great company, values training their employees and making sure that they succeed. Very focused and driven to make goals and budgets. There seems to be a focus on engineers and people with business degrees tend to get left behind.
A typical day at work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 18, 2016
It was a great place to work. I liked working for them. Nice people decent pay local. Was a good job to have. Just a regular job with good people an good work.
Meh
MANAGER, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
It was a job and had good days and bad. Some people were great others not so much. Emerson is a huge company and they didn't always pay well and the their benefits were standard. Nothing special.
Emerson
Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 14, 2016
Emerson prides itself on innovation and putting the customer first. If you enjoy creative problem-solving and having your work valued, then Emerson is the place for you.
I worked there 9 months.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 28, 2016
I operated a CNC machine. Very difficult machine to learn and operate. Had to write programs for it and operate the programs for the machine. I am not a machine programmer. Management was not the greatest people to work for. I felt they really didnt want to teach on how to write programs and download into machine. Hardest part of my job was not to produce scrap. The most enjoyable part was leaving at 2:30.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
short breaks, no insurance
Nice Place To Work
Intern QA\QC / Developer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTOctober 28, 2016
Really good experience working here. Got to learn more about MVC5 architecture and got good understanding of C# concepts.
Stable workplace
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2016
A typical day involved running complex machines. I learned much about how these machines worked and how to fix them to a certain extent. Management was well structured and easy to get along with. My co-workers were fun and easy going, most were will to help when someone needed it. the hardest part was identifying the problem and fixing it. also had trouble understanding the full extent of the machines and how they run. The most enjoyable part was that sometimes the machines would run themselves through the shift without any problems.
Pros
good pay, good breaks, fun co-workers
Cons
Machines Can be confusing sometimes. bad shifts.
(ASCO)Experienced techs are willing to teach
Production Test Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 24, 2016
Senior personnel are full of knowledge.Always helpful IF you are willing to learn how to do things the correct way. NO shortcuts allowed.
Pros
Never micro- managed, overtime, flexibility.
Cons
dirty, outdated facilities, no cafeteria.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We’re committed to building teams that support and teach each other, and we’re glad to hear your experience with the Emerson team was a positive one. Should you wish to provide any additional constructive feedback to a member of our Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Engineering Delivery projects only
Senior Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2016
This division of Emerson concentrates in delivering projects only, limiting the work force to be creative and having career advancements. Good technical environment mixed with third world countries outsourcing support.
Pros
Good benefits, multiple business units
Cons
Unorganized multiple business units
Emerson is an excellent company to work for.
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, MOOctober 7, 2016
I have worked for Emerson for 20 years. It is an employee friendly company who truly values the work that you do. The company has allowed me to gain experience in a wide variety of the human resource arena. With a great management team, the company continues to grow.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Hello, and thank you for your feedback! It is important to us that our employees know they are valued and are able to grow professionally with the company. We’re glad to hear you had positive experiences in your time with us. Thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team!

Great products, corrupt management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2016
Management willfully ignores anything that will threaten their cushy standing in leadership. They will therefore expel any challengers to their narratives, then hire yes-men to follow direct orders without any push-back.

Comment – October 10, 2016

Hello. We are committed to creating a work environment where employees feel comfortable raising issues with their managers, and where managers embrace constructive feedback. We value your thoughts and we would like to hear more about your experience as well as your suggestions for leadership improvement. Please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to continue the conversation one-on-one with a member of our Human Resources team.

Large, stable company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for a business unit of Emerson Electric Co. for about 3.5 years. The corporate staff was extremely friendly and helpful during the early stages after our company was acquired. I met and worked under an individual who turned out to be the best boss I've ever had. There were definitely some growing pains experienced due to the acquisition, but overall, it was OK.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers at the corporate level
Cons
Lots more reporting requirements
Fine American Company
Procurement Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Project based Engineering centers with many Oil/Gas opportunities in Houston, and Life Science in Austin/WC USA. Employees treated fair and timely prompt annual increases.

Emerson also provides profit sharing annual pension. In addition to typical 401-K matching contribution.

Business organisation developed off each Engineering Center. Procurement role based on corporate template PMO. Annual certification for ethics and government required trade training.
nice environment
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 26, 2016
nice to work for. easy going. no major rush. a bit behind on design work. allowed for some traveling. nice working environment
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
not much cons
not that bad
(Rosemount) Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 24, 2016
busy,fast pace and they pay attention to the environment and work safety.

They will be in the business for some time to come
OK to work there during oil boom, not so during bust.
Sr. Applications Engineer, R&D Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Worked for Emerson Process Management, Remote Automation Solutions. Not a bad place to work until the oil bust happened but they have severe problems with their software and hardware R&D being constantly behind, up to 3 years behind on projects. They are mainly into selling hardware and the software is an after thought.