Emerson Employee Reviews in United States

Product Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
Some improvements in job culture would help.
The company is under restructuring, no job security.
I see a goof future for the company.
No work/life balance
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
In my department there is no management and the employees are expected to pick up the slack. There is very little capital invested into the department so we have the students learn on computers that are 10 years old. Moral here is low. Our motto: "Don't do it right. Just do it.
Pros
International, well established organization
Cons
You name it...
Challenging position withing a very large compressor manufacturer
A/C Commercial Scroll Project Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 21, 2016
Great job, worked for a project manager with two other interns. received tasks from different project managers to test specific product changes to see if they improved the compressor's function or performance.
Great Firm
Principle (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work. Good people. Great leadership. Lots of interesting clients. Can't say enough about the experience while working here.
Pros
People, environment and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Cons
Firm was sold to CBIZ
Great for a 1st Job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 15, 2016
It was very fast paced and I liked it but they relocated to Moreno Valley and was unable to commute for $10.00.I pulled orders and they were put on a truck before we left so they can be shipped out.
productive and great place to work with good people
Quality Tech III (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TNAugust 10, 2016
a typical day of work involves a lot of meetings with managers and engineers to discuss issues. the management here are easy to work with and always there to help. the hardest part of my day is the stress a real quality job can put on you. the
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible retirement
Stressful place to work
Group Supervisor 2 in (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 10, 2016
Lots of stress and poor leadership. If you are not an engineer then you have no say in anything that is happening. The culture only respects engineers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Great starting place out of college. Great compensation and benefits
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 7, 2016
Great Benefits as a sales engineer (company car, expense card, commission, and work from home) Moving up the company is difficult as it takes 5+ years to get promoted but great work environment. Emerson has a bunch of companies and they allowed ASCO to operate how they wanted with minimal involvement.
Pros
Work from home, company car, expense report.
Cons
No place for advancement
Ensuring I had the required parts to complete my tasks
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 28, 2016
Given a task, EC a board and test and document the effect of the modification.

What did I learn? Resourcefulness in gathering parts.

Hardest part of the job; Gathering parts to complete task.

Most enjoyable? completing the task, testing and updating documentation.
Working in a small company
Office Manager & Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 21, 2016
This may or may not be for everyone. Values are missing with the employees typical of the environment. Could have used more professionalism within the company.
Pros
Cons
Getting enough experience.
productive lunch
Hadoop admin Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
a typical day checking emails
learned java programming
worked with coworkers
hardest part is discuss project
enjoy off time
NA ED SERVICES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Company lacks the innovation and management team necessary to survive in today's market. Emerson has been so to react to new trends in Technology. Direction and key decisions are made by a very small group that is out of touch.
Best Company Ever
Panel Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2016
A great company to work for. Great atmosphere great people. Does not pay much but it makes up for in other stuff. I enjoyed working there plus it had plenty of overtime but they need to pay more their employees. I started with 14$ after a temp hire and I had lots of experience and they only offered my 50 cents extra, what a joke.
A fun experience, that offers to teach new employees to the latest technology within a great department of knowledgeable and social people.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 7, 2016
Typical day:
-Review of tasks and assignments on the project manager program for today and this week.
-Work on said tasks, while keeping watch of any urgent help desk tickets.
-Have a meeting with the entire team and discuss of the upcoming tasks and projects, while giving a group rating of the difficulty of the project.
-Have lunch and socialize with other people in the department.
-Sometimes meet with other employees via streaming sight to understand a problem or adjustments to a large scale project revolving around their department.

What I've learned:
-JavaScript, HTML, JSON
-Interactions with a group of people for a programming project.
-Github and Git
-Test Driven Design (TDD)
-Different libraries of JAVA
-SQL

Management and coworkers:
Employees are knowledgeable and always available for assistance.

Hardest part of the job:
Interactions and retrieving direct response to international customers/ employees. It can take a lot time to retrieve a response and at times there can be a minor bug which needs to be resolved. Which then we start the process of debugging, testing, production, and then awaiting for the response.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interacting with the people within the department, and this is due to the company culture. It's a very interactive and social group of people of well experienced and knowledgeable individuals.

Comment – August 8, 2016

Hello: Thank you for your feedback. We put a big emphasis on creating a positive learning environment for our employees, and we are glad to hear you valued your time with the Emerson team. Thank you for your contributions and for sharing your thoughts!

Challenging job
Syncade MES Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work
- Providing technical support to Emerson's customers worldwide..
What you learned
- Since I am engaged on handling software related issues, I learned different programming language..
- Likewise any other companies, some of the Emerson's managers are making poor decisions and need some improvements on people skills..
Your Co-workers
- Emerson is good in hiring skilled workers...
The hardest part of the job
- Dealing with rude customers..
The most enjoyable part of the job
- Solving a lot of challenging issues.

Comment – August 8, 2016

Greetings and thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team! We value your opinions about the Emerson work environment, and we would like to hear more about your experiences and suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Solid Company where you can build a career
Senior Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2016
Excellent place to work where you can learn and contribute a lot. You work in software development using standard OSs ,languages and process control SCADA and other process control methodologies
Horrible company to work for, poor management, no support for employees
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
This company is behind the curve. Poor benefits, below market compensation, less flexible hours than similar industries. Leadership is weak.
Pros
some locations have a gym onsite
Cons
compensation and benefits

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team and for sharing your feedback. It is a top priority for us to create and maintain a supportive environment for our employees. We would like to hear more about your experiences, as well as your suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of the Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Challenging environment
Various Quality Engineering / Manager Positions (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 21, 2016
Overall a good employer. Senior management seems to change over more often than in years past. Corporate appears to have more and more control over day to day operations.
Pros
Upward mobility, tuition reimbursement, great profit sharing plan.
Cons
HR can be challenging to work with, some mid level managers and directors not held accountable.
Cold Environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIJune 11, 2016
A typical day at Macomb Smoked Meats was very cold, fast paced working environment, co-workers was nice but nosy the hardest part of the job was being in the cold environment.
Company is very Pro Saftey
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 10, 2016
Not to bad of a company to work for. Hours are not always there to make and job security is not there right now. Was able to travel a good bit. Worked in paper mills and power plants.