Emerson Employee Reviews

Pick/Pack
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 1, 2016
The items be place on the packer station to be pack. Once the packer receive the customer items. The packer have to make a box that fit all the customer orders in. Then place a protection shield to keep the customer items in place and safe in the box.

A picker goes out and get the customer items and place it in the white, yellow, blue, or red tote. Then give to the packer to be pack and shipped out.
Pros
If you make high in your production and rate, Emerson will give everybody a free luch meal.
Cons
If behind, we'll have no first 15 minute break. Just keep pushing until we get caught up.
Good and excellence learning experience overall!
ICSS E & I Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
typical day at work usually requires a lot of interfacing with the project team, and with the customer & client as needed;
it has been a great learning experience;
project management is pretty complex;
hardest part was to keep up with multiple IFC revision of customer design inputs;
the most enjoyable part of the job was every time we reached an important milestone, it was kind of a great satisfaction to get the job done, and move forward to the next challenge.
Great starting place out of college. Great compensation and benefits
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 7, 2016
Great Benefits as a sales engineer (company car, expense card, commission, and work from home) Moving up the company is difficult as it takes 5+ years to get promoted but great work environment. Emerson has a bunch of companies and they allowed ASCO to operate how they wanted with minimal involvement.
Pros
Work from home, company car, expense report.
Cons
No place for advancement
Challenging job
Syncade MES Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work
- Providing technical support to Emerson's customers worldwide..
What you learned
- Since I am engaged on handling software related issues, I learned different programming language..
- Likewise any other companies, some of the Emerson's managers are making poor decisions and need some improvements on people skills..
Your Co-workers
- Emerson is good in hiring skilled workers...
The hardest part of the job
- Dealing with rude customers..
The most enjoyable part of the job
- Solving a lot of challenging issues.

Comment – August 8, 2016

Greetings and thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team! We value your opinions about the Emerson work environment, and we would like to hear more about your experiences and suggestions for improvement. If you would like to have a one-on-one conversation with a member of Human Resources team, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Positive and learning enviroment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2016
A typical day involved getting to work all working accordingly to get a task complete. Then lunch which was everybody's favorite because someone always had a story to tell. The hardest part of the day was about 5 because at that time the warehouse would be so hot. I learned lot with this company, the guys that worked their loved each other like family. And when it was something you didn't know or wanted to know they wouldn't hesitate to show you.
Pros
Cool Boss
Cons
No AC in the summer

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Creating a positive learning environment for our employees is important to us, and we are glad to hear you valued your time with the Emerson team. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

No work/life balance
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
In my department there is no management and the employees are expected to pick up the slack. There is very little capital invested into the department so we have the students learn on computers that are 10 years old. Moral here is low. Our motto: "Don't do it right. Just do it.
Pros
International, well established organization
Cons
You name it...

Comment – September 6, 2016

Hello. We are committed to creating an environment where quality work is valued and where management serves as a support system to employees. We value your feedback, and we'd like to hear your suggestions for improving morale in your department. We welcome the opportunity to continue the discussion one-on-one; please reach out to us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to have a conversation with a member of our Human Resources team.

Challenging environment
Various Quality Engineering / Manager Positions (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 21, 2016
Overall a good employer. Senior management seems to change over more often than in years past. Corporate appears to have more and more control over day to day operations.
Pros
Upward mobility, tuition reimbursement, great profit sharing plan.
Cons
HR can be challenging to work with, some mid level managers and directors not held accountable.
Best Job I ever had
Senior Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 5, 2016
This company 10+ years ago had the best supervisor/ managers. It was a company that started out very big in the department, then it downsized to about no more than 10 people. Everyone got along, we had our days of fun and we had our days where we didn't care to look at each other,. but overall great company with some great benefits.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Manager, Food, Drinks
Cons
Outsourced to another country
productive when there is work...good place to work
Sr. Wireman/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
6 to 9 months if hired. In retrospect if there is work you will work. If not you may get laid off its not promising to get hired on. good people to work with. No problem teaching you what you don't know. Good job overall.
Pros
lunch 35 min
Cons
6 months to a year to get hired on if u make it that long as a contractor.
This was a fast paced enjoyable place to work.
Machining Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAMay 18, 2016
Fast paced work days. Held meetings with regards to work-load, scrap/rework reduction.
Learned many skills regarding scrap/rework reductions.
It was tough to know what Management expected, the co-workers and Direct Manager made experiences enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was training new hourly Employees when your diligence was needed for daily production activities.
The most enjoyable was seeing units shipping to Customers after overcoming obstacles.

Overall a fast paced enjoyable experience.
Pros
Flexible work hours for personal needs, such as Doctor appts. etc
Cons
Held accountable if they believed you were not holding proper accountability
New to automotive!
Launch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 22, 2016
Major appliances were the company's core product, so there was much risk in venturing into automotive. Management thought hiring one excellent / experienced Launch Manager would solve all the problems, but even with my exceptional work ethic and a lot of efficiently worked extra hours, the company lacked support.
Pros
Deep pockets, nice benefits, lots of international travel
Cons
Spread too thin, without direct reports
NA ED SERVICES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Company lacks the innovation and management team necessary to survive in today's market. Emerson has been so to react to new trends in Technology. Direction and key decisions are made by a very small group that is out of touch.
Best Company Ever
Panel Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2016
A great company to work for. Great atmosphere great people. Does not pay much but it makes up for in other stuff. I enjoyed working there plus it had plenty of overtime but they need to pay more their employees. I started with 14$ after a temp hire and I had lots of experience and they only offered my 50 cents extra, what a joke.
Ensuring I had the required parts to complete my tasks
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 28, 2016
Given a task, EC a board and test and document the effect of the modification.

What did I learn? Resourcefulness in gathering parts.

Hardest part of the job; Gathering parts to complete task.

Most enjoyable? completing the task, testing and updating documentation.
productive and great place to work with good people
Quality Tech III (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TNAugust 10, 2016
a typical day of work involves a lot of meetings with managers and engineers to discuss issues. the management here are easy to work with and always there to help. the hardest part of my day is the stress a real quality job can put on you. the
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible retirement
Challenging position withing a very large compressor manufacturer
A/C Commercial Scroll Project Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 21, 2016
Great job, worked for a project manager with two other interns. received tasks from different project managers to test specific product changes to see if they improved the compressor's function or performance.
Productive and fast pace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 8, 2016
it's a very fast pace work environment, which I like cause I wont get bored. I have the learned the importance of knowing what's going on around you at all times to create a safer work environment. Most of the co workers are pleasant to be around, but I found that a few don't seem to like when new hires come in. They were not very polite and some even talk to you as if your stupid and beneath them. I don't believe that is exercising professional work ethics and it bothered me a lot. The hardest part of the job I would say is taking in others personalities and hang ups and dealing with a very demanding work schedule especially for those who are single parents and have to work around two schedules one for their child care and for the companies schedules. The most enjoyable part for me is knowing I created something and I was part of a team.
Pros
sufficiant breaks, good managment
Cons
flexible work hours for those who have child care issues
Great Company and Compensation
INSTRUMENT BUILDER & TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 14, 2016
Emerson is a long standing company who provide great benefits to the employees. It is a great place to learn about a Lean Manufacturing environment.

My typical day was going between several stations and completing repetitive tasks to build units. Troubleshooting issues that occurred. Working with leadership to solve issues and to plan out the day.

Worst part is the downtime, management is very strict on downtime though it is a big part of the job. You will stay busy, but there are not always moments you will have work to do, which provides a very boring environment with strict policies.
Pros
Good pay, growth, education support
Cons
Short breaks, Boring

Comment – May 9, 2016

Hello and thank you for your contributions to the Emerson team! We appreciate your feedback. Creating opportunities for our employees to learn and grow is important to us, and we are glad to hear your experience with Emerson has been positive. Should you ever wish to speak with a member of our Human Resources team one-on-one, please contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Most Rewarding Job
Medical Administrative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 10, 2016
● Computed using word processing, Microsoft word and Excel, internet explorer, data entered.
● Filed faxing as well as composed correspondence/ reports for manger’s signatures.
● Communicated with all levels of internal management and staff as well as clients and outside and inside vendors.
● Greeted visitors and directed whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
● Scheduling appointments and took accurate messages. Read and analyzed incoming memos, and reports to determine their importance for timely distribution.
Life of Working
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHApril 3, 2016
My typical day at work is, just staying to myself most the time, or helping people who are behind on their schedules. I always work as much i can, to keep everything running. I've learned how to drive a forklift, what is safe and not safe about working in a factory. i love meeting new people, and getting to know them.

I really don't think anything is hard after you're well trained on the job you get put on. The thing i like most about working is, like i said meeting new people and learning new jobs. I usually get bored quick just staying on one job for awhile, so that is why i help other people, or try too.