Emerus Employee Reviews

MLT at westminster colorado
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, COJanuary 9, 2018
the company seems okay. but very bad management . they tell you can work 12 hors shift but it is not true you as work housekeeping instead of medical laboratory technician . you work in the room cleaning the room, Bedding, .and. working was okay but they treat you very bad. I feel like they haired me for housekeeping . if you want to work as custodial go head. the nurse ask you to deliver medication for the patient. I believe Medical Laboratory Technician don't deal with medication.
Cons
no break
n/a
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Good place to work, can be busy at times, but over all no too bad
Very knowledgeable staff and management team
Several small hospitals, so always one close by
great place to work
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work, fun, family type enviorment. I have learned a great deal of team work, working in such a small facility. We all learn to appreciate one another and what each of us can do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Vegas Nurses Beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Las Vegas Nurses Beware. No respiratory therapist, no pharmacist, skeleton crew,management very inexperienced. Don't risk your licence. Doctors are supposed to do blood gases, RN is responsible for managing the vent.
Pros
New buildings
Cons
No Respiratory therapist, No Pharmacist
Toxic Environment: RUN NURSES!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2017
This company has great potential. What holds it back is management. They lie through the entire process. Then they strong arm you into doing what they want you to do. You have NO control over your schedule. They do not care about you as a person. There is no work-life balance anymore. If you want a day off, you have to find coverage. You can't request ahead of time. They are in complete control of everything. There is an alarmingly high staff turnover rate. They are constantly training administrators as well. The staff that have stayed are mean, hateful people. I never even knew these types of people existed. There is no teamwork. Very punitive environment! I wish I had read some of the reviews about them before applying. Do yourself a favor, DON'T APPLY!!! You will regret it. I cannot stress enough what a toxic environment this is for nursing. To top it off, a lot of the doctors are arrogant, and you cannot question them about anything. This is by far the worst environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
Pay is decent, not really worth it though
Cons
No control over schedule, high staff turnover, poor leadership, dishonest management
RUN, don't walk away
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
No matter what they tell you, they are a STAFFING agency nothing less. They will lie and say anything that they can to get you to join, then cram every job detail possible onto you and complain when it is not done. Under educated staff, benefits cost for employee + child (not spouse) about 350+ per pay period. they might say you will work 3/12hr shifts, but it's a LIE. 2on/2off/2on/2off/3on/3off in a 2 wk period is what you will end up with, so forget a work life balance. and after you start in a week or 2 is when you will find this out. Not to mention the less you know the more that person will try to tell you what to do into getting you to do their job and take responsibility for any outcome from it. It's even so funny as the people they have do the training are contract people that don't know what they are talking about, then they will have the untrained staff do the training for them!! Just don't waste your time, or if nothing else if you attempt this futile job KEEP YOUR OLD 1
Pros
Cons
Lie to you, staffing agency
Nice People, but poor Mgmt & work/life balance
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Nice people, Family feel culture, but Micromanaging Senior Management ruins the morale. High Turnover. Job workload was not clearly communicated in Interview. Poor Work/life balance.
Pros
Good Culture & team environment, nice employees
Cons
Poor Work/life balance, Senior Mgmt Turnover
Good company but management is a problem
Cerner Consultant (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
Emerus is a great company, however, the management needs to do a better job of communicating amongst each other.

Other than that, the company has a great working environment. Coworkers are friendly and from time to time there are social activities.
Medical Coding specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, Texas, USAOctober 2, 2016
work days keep changing.
most of the time they are challenging, which helps us keep our energy levels boosted.
management at my previous work was excellent.
Great people, but they are struggling
Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 3, 2016
I love the people and my coworkers. Everyone is great to work with. However they have super tight budgets and they work on a skeleton crew. Be prepared to juggle lots. If you don't mind working nights and weekends and you are salary, I would recommend it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor worklife balance
Favortisim, bullying
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
I was part of the original staff of nurses. I see in the several poor reviews what I tried to point out to management has persisted. The system is set up to create favorites. Creating favorites always leads to staff splitting, gossiping and bullying. Cliques exist at all ERS. Emerus however, should not have this toxic culture being that the units are so tiny and staffed with so few. Management is poorly experienced and create their own cliques. The ER Doc group is great.
Pros
Docs, easy job if thats what you want
Cons
Boring, unchallenging, gossip, favoritisim, cliques
An Honest Review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 14, 2016
Unethical Managemt. Co workers are ok. Favoritism plays a roll in creating a really toxic and negative environment and thus leads to bullying. Very unprofessional behavior from Management making it difficult for career advancement unless you sacrifice your home life for your job. Lots of gossiping about both coworkers and patients from both management and co workers. Once hired you will feel very welcomed and popular (maybe even employee of the month your first month in) but after some time has passed the new wears off and you're just another number. You get fed sometimes. Company parties to replace nurse week an others things you would normally get at another facility. But, only if you're scheduled off or can find your own coverage. Low PRN pool and Prns not obligated to cover virtually anything unless they feel like it. PRNs get to pick days over full time. Prns not required to cover holidays. Favoritism with Prns: they will get more scheduled hours! Lowest pay in the market. Prepare to take a paycut if you want to work here. A few positives would be the freedom to use cell phones while at work and watch movies while no patients are in the department and free internet time. More relaxed environment during the weekends and nights makes a healthier work environment and leads to better patient care. Most doctors are actually fun to work with. This is a Growing company losing its small feel. Patient acuity can be high and work can be very demanding.
Pros
Cell phone use, Internet use, fun doctors.
Cons
Toxic/negative management, no career advancement, low pay
Not a career company
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 9, 2016
This company had a great vision but poor implementation. If your looking to find a place to call home for years, this may not be the place to go. You can expect lots of gossip from staff. You can expect them to have inconsistent supplies to use. You will most likely have to deal with a change in your schedule, i.e. Getting hired for a 7am shift then being switched to a noon shift or overnight. Extreme favoritism is a problem, if your not in with the management you will have a hard time continuing to work there. It's one of the lower paying facilities. Direct supervisors don't advocate for the employees only to their bosses. If you have future plans, don't expect them to accommodate your requests. Returning to school? They only offer 1k reimbursement. I have seen the billing and it's scary! This is one of the most expensive ER's to visit so be careful. If you have a serious issue, they have to transfer you to a bigger hospital anyway, so just save yourself the hassle and go to a real hospital. I can say that the facility is nice, new, and clean.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor work environment
Good experience
Lead Physician Billing Collector (Current Employee) –  the woodlandsSeptember 17, 2015
Good benefits and bonus. too much favoritism and micromanage. really good co workers. Its too far away from my house and the drive is putting too many miles
Pros
a lot of vacation time
Cons
micro-manage and favoritism
Emergency Medical Center
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXMay 12, 2015
A typical night at work includes welcoming patients to our medical facility, registering patients in system, verifying insurance, entering and scanning patient paperwork in computer, making copies, answering phone calls, and keeping a clean and organized work space.
Pros
Felxible work schedule
Great Company
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 30, 2015
Emerus is a great company. They really care for their employees. You aren't over worked and they really listen to the staff if things need to be changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8