EMH Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fast pace friendly place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 21, 2017
Taking care of patients and transporting them to different areas of the hospital. Excellent team of transporters, and the management is excellent as well.
Good ideas with no management follow through
dietary supervisor (Former Employee) –  EMH HealthcareDecember 27, 2014
food service has a lot of tension between staff. Much fighting and upper management is not supportive. Lots of turnover and staff leaving at a rather alarming rate. the patients are wonderful and inspiring. Wage freezes a number of times makes it difficult in todays economy.
Pros
wonderful patients
Cons
working short on a daily basis due to high, high turn over
Minimal supervision with great productive coworkers
PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 14, 2014
In my typical day at work I work with patients on pre registering them for upcoming procedures and work with them to collect their deductible that is still due or obtain financial assistance applications if a patient shows the need. We are under minimal supervision by management. I have only one other co-worker and we work very closely and well together to help each other accomplish our goals. The hardest part of the job is the negativity from the patients in regards to paying their deductibles upfront. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and the satisfaction of being able to solve a patients financial situations.
Pros
Minimal supervision and flex time
Cons
Short lunches
its all about the money
customer service (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 26, 2014
I worked at EMH for over 25yrs. I was let go and my job was sent to an agency outside of the company. Customer service also went down the drain when this happened. It didn't matter how loyal or dedicated you were to EMH the new Management running the place just looks at the money. EMH used to be a good place to work.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
poor Management
Float Nurse
Foat Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 3, 2014
The job is very difficult because there is no continuity of care. the nurse is assigned patients on a unit and has to complete their work in four hour chunks before floating to a completely different population of patients. Example: 4 hrs OB, 4 hrs ER, 4 hrs ICU. It can be done but is not the best practice for any nurse to gain an understanding of their patients true needs or provide a positive experience for the patient. It is also difficult for some nurses to truly catch potential risks for their patients because they have very little time to be involved. It is more like triage and maintain. The management is concerned about over staffing so they move people around a lot and keep people home to save money until the floors are to the point where it is necessary to bring the staff back in. This unfortunately does affect moral because people cannot plan their days, child care, or vacations. The staffs needs are a second thought and patients are effected by this as a result.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
loss of breaks, vacation time lost, no respect
great place to work
Physician Assistant (Surgical) (Former Employee) –  Elyria, ohioFebruary 13, 2014
Busy. Co-workers were always helpful. Long hours and a lot of call time.
Ok
PRN Rehab Tech/ PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 6, 2013
As a weekend prn staff member, i rarely was around other rehab staff. management is fond of micromanaging. several times i was called off on weekends i was signed up to work.
Stable, but political
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 20, 2013
EMH is a very stable work environment but everything is very political.
Transcription (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 6, 2012
I have worked here for 10 years and it really is a wonderful place to work, hard times have fallen and it is time for me to reevaluate my future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMH Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8