EMH Healthcare

EMH Healthcare Employer Reviews

Minimal supervision with great productive coworkers
PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision and flex time
Cons: short lunches
In my typical day at work I work with patients on pre registering them for upcoming procedures and work with them to collect their deductible that is still due or obtain financial assistance applications if a patient shows the need. We are under minimal supervision by management. I have only one other co-worker and we work very closely and well together to help each other accomplish our goals. The hardest part of the job is the negativity from the patients in regards to paying their deductibles upfront. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and the satisfaction of being able to solve a patients financial situations.
Nice place.
Environmental services (Current Employee), ElyriaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: a mature, courteous pm supervisor.
Cons: none yet.
Typically, a nice hospital, caring people. I haven't been there long to speak about management, but I have nice bosses.
its all about the money
customer service (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: poor management
I worked at EMH for over 25yrs. I was let go and my job was sent to an agency outside of the company. Customer service also went down the drain when this happened. It didn't matter how loyal or dedicated you were to EMH the new Management running the place just looks at the money. EMH used to be a good place to work.
Float Nurse
Foat Pool RN (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: loss of breaks, vacation time lost, no respect
The job is very difficult because there is no continuity of care. the nurse is assigned patients on a unit and has to complete their work in four hour chunks before floating to a completely different population of patients. Example: 4 hrs OB, 4 hrs ER, 4 hrs ICU. It can be done but is not the best practice for any nurse to gain an understanding of their patients true needs or provide a positive experience for the patient. It is also difficult for some nurses to truly catch potential risks for their patients because they have very little time to be involved. It is more like triage and maintain. The management is concerned about over staffing so they move people around a lot and keep people home to save money until the floors are to the point where it is necessary to bring the staff back in. This unfortunately does affect moral because people cannot plan their days, child care, or vacations. The staffs needs are a second thought and patients are effected by this as a result.
great place to work
Physician Assistant (Surgical) (Former Employee), Elyria, ohioFebruary 13, 2014
Busy. Co-workers were always helpful. Long hours and a lot of call time.
OK
PRN Rehab Tech/ PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMay 6, 2013
As a weekend prn staff member, i rarely was around other rehab staff. management is fond of micromanaging. several times i was called off on weekends i was signed up to work.
Stable, but political
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 20, 2013
EMH is a very stable work environment but everything is very political.
Transcription (Current Employee), Elyria, OHMay 6, 2012
I have worked here for 10 years and it really is a wonderful place to work, hard times have fallen and it is time for me to reevaluate my future.

About EMH Healthcare

We are pleased to announce that EMH Healthcare is now a part of University Hospitals, a premier health care system in northeast – Read more