Emigrant Bank Employee Reviews

Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 15, 2016
The workplace is great at training new employees, the job always gets done and the tellers are friendly. The customers sometimes make the job difficult, but this is common everywhere.
fun place to work got along well with my co worker
cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
A good place to work but there favoritism and the pay is not good and there was no place for me to move up in been there for 2 years and my pay only went up like 30 cents
Pros
free food weekend off
Cons
short breaks no chance to move up and the pay suck
Good place to work.
Personal Banker /Bilingual (Spanish/English) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
It is a good company, with excellent benefits. All managers know their job very well. All employees are part of a team and good co-workers. Human Resources Department is very helpful.
Pros
Bonus
Great learning experience. Great boss.
Executive Secretary/Admin. Assistant to V.P. (Former Employee) –  New York, N.Y.April 6, 2013
My positions, afforded me great opportunities to interface with people. My boss was great. Co-workers great. This bank started downsizing several years ago, due to owner's desire to sell off branches - which has been done recently and taken over by another bank. Only one branch will be retained by original owner.

I cannot recall difficulties, as all the years I worked there were pleasant experiences.

Again, as I love helping people, the highlight for me was that I was afforded opportunities to assist customers in solving problems. This experience was great.
Pros
good benefits
Professional organization
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2013
Busy, full work day. Learned how to manage three departments. Co-workers were very helpful. Most difficult part of the job, I did not have a manager who interacted with me. Most enjoyable part of the job was my staff of sixteen employees.
Pros
great nyc location, benefits, and salary.
Cons
lack of communication with my manager.
Productive place to work
Legal Secretary, Corporate Legal Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Emigrant Bank place has been a great place to work. I've learned a great deal about banking, compliance and finance.
Pros
discount on lunch and transit check was beneficial.
Cons
medical insurance deductions were very high.
Good Work Place
Vice President - Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 25, 2013
Spent my whole work life at Emigrant. Manny good years working for great bosses. Until old bosses retired and then not a good relationship with new people in charge
Pros
for manny years greate people to work with.
Cons
in the end no job security
One of Chicago’s favorite Multi-Unit Lenders
Senior Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2013
Manage deal flow, we would receive approximately 10-15 new CRE request a day. I would look at the application request and do a quick analyst to see if the requests ratios and margins are in line. After than I would continue with further data research on CRE then contact the referring realtor/borrower. Some days I would participate in meet and greets and business development. I learned to originate, underwrite and present mu loans to the lending committee. Management was outstanding many times we agreed to disagree on certain files while keeping to policy and the appetite of the Bank. Best co-workers committed and honest. Like every business development position, it’s hard to turn down a prospect when you worked so hard to get them to become applicants. The joy is working through a loan and finding that something that you knew was there but it wasn't in plain sight to see.
Pros
very good cre product
Cons
no longer lending cre in chicago
no career advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Your hard work is never seen. A lot of criticism from management. Management had favoritism with employees. pay cut for no reason sick days taken away before the year was over.
old school learning
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2014
company got taken over by another company. easy learning skills
Pros
good customers
Cons
short lunch breaks, long standing hours
Once solidly profitable bank poorly mismanaged to the brink of FDIC shut down
VP Tax (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Despite poor management, a great place to work with many long-term employees very good at their jobs/
Wonderful company to work for
Sous Chef/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2013
They respected their employees. Listened to your thoughts about how to increase volume in the cafe.
Pros
advancement opportunity
Cons
n/a
Leader/ Cub Master
Supervisor Assistant/ Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Its a great place to get your feet wet however moving up the ladder is hard. The job is fun, had a great experience.

2.9