EMJ Corporation Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Great overall company! I love the atmosphere, but not all of management needs to be in the positions they are in. Would recommend this company to people because it is overall a good place.
well run company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 20, 2017
The best and run and organized company I had ever worked for. This is where I really learned how commercial construction should be run. Most employees stay a lifetime.
Pros
good compensation and training.
Cons
A very high pressure job.
A Mini Corporation or Midsize Company?
Manager (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time at EMJ because of the people I worked with on a daily basis and I was proud of the services those people provided. The employee culture was definitely one of hard work and camaraderie.

At a corporation level is struggling to define who they are in their industry. It is trying to play a part or role in every aspect of it's industry in efforts to compete with it's larger competition.
EMJ is actually a "family" of even smaller companies all partnering with each other to some extent. This complicated any and all decisions needing to be made from the bottom to the highest level.

This would be expected of a company 10 times its size, but due to this complexity, EMJ loses one of the greatest strengths of a company this size, the ability to be dynamic and make improvements quickly.

Don't expect to join this company (even as a C-level) and expect to make adjustments to policy happen quickly. I witnessed some of the even most simple, common sense improvements take years to happen. Not because of cost or impact, but simply because dozens of people had to almost unanimously approve.

They have the right attitude and ideas, it's just going to take some time for these folks to get there.

Lastly, their compensation and benefits are below market, but they have openly admitted this as of late, and claim they are trying to take steps towards improving.
Pros
Friendly working environment.
Cons
Below average pay and benefits.
Learned so much with this company, loved the people I worked with, but very stressful.
Inside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 17, 2015
My day involved anything from filing, to order entry, to taking sales calls over the phone. I also supported the purchasing department and had to provide customers with material test reports. Our company sold products for the aviation and government companies.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
very stressful work environment, was expected to meet my sales quota along with supporting other sales staff.
Fast paced environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2013
Come in and check your emails, get started on projects that were not completed the day prior. Check the large scale printer and scanner, as well as, boot up the other four computers in the room.

I learned how important it is to be organized and to be able to multitask on many different levels. I also learned the importance of keeping customer relationships current and to always have a back up plan in case something goes awry.

The hardest part of the job was when I took over my boss' position and ran the business solo.

The most enjoyable part was receiving so many good scores on my first peer review.
Fast pace, professional and fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 3, 2012
Daily operations at the office included correspondence processing, assisting various departments, and receptionist relief. In working at EMJ Corporation, continued learning was quite important to Leadership, and with that view, several informative seminars/web-based tutorials were given to identify and strengthen employee weaknesses, as well as re-enforce any existing skills/abilities. Management was, at times, quite layered, but needed in order to keep pace with the construction demand in different areas. Working with co-workers on a daily basis was fulfilling and sometimes demanding in that projects were in abundance which created a significant amount of contracts, meetings, proposals and overtime in order to expedite clients' request(s). The hardest part of the job was getting Upper Management to agree on the same information (financials, schedules, names, etc.) for a proposal in order to have it completely ready for delivery; but with that came twenty-twenty hindsight moments in which a joyous environment developed when the whole process was relived and evaluated for improvement.
Pros
departmental luncheons, beautiful gifts for administrative day, nice annual bonuses
Cons
no room for administrative growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMJ Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7