Emmanuel College Employee Reviews

Great First Job
Automated Process Coordinator/Student Counselor (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GANovember 13, 2017
It was a great first job for me because I had never had a job before. It allowed me to obtain experience needed for other jobs later in life, and I an grateful for the opportunity to work there.
Emmanuel isn't great but the ARC is!
Academic Resource Center Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2017
So, you're at Emmanuel and you want to tutor. Awesome! The ARC is a wonderful place to work. If you want to work here for any other reason, probably think about it. If you're interested in diversity and social justice, this isn't the place for you.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Men's Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work! A lot of work for little pay but lots of opportunity for growth. I have learned a lot about the admissions process and the day to day responsibilities of coaching.
N/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2017
its a liberal school and in Boston. If you can handle the high traffic areas and tolerate college kids, guess you'll just do fine. team work is good and supervisors are all retired cops and have your best interest
Great job if you like working with kids
tutor (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GASeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of preparing and giving out lunch to the kids and then getting into dividing the kids between the tutors; we would go over what the kids were struggling with in class and help them with their homework until it was time for them to go home. Then the tutors would sweep and mop the rooms we used, take out the trash, and put up any toys/objects that had been misplaced. I learned how to communicate with kids of varying ages (4-12 years) and effectively teach them; I also learned how to tell them 'no' and to not allow bad behavior. I learned effective cleaning and organization skills. The manager there was friendly and outgoing; we got along well and they were firm but fair. The workplace culture was relaxed; there were no problems between the tutors or the managers, we got along well and did our jobs without fuss. The hardest part of the job for me was learning how to communicate with people and disciplining the kids for bad behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids' expressions as they began to understand certain topics better.
intern
Marketing/ Event Coordinator (internship) (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAAugust 21, 2017
Great place if you are willing to learn. I enjoyed the event planning and marketing. I loved the challenge of finding how to get students to apply and stay .
Fun, busy, important and energetic
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Royston, GAJuly 18, 2017
Everyday we were in charge of contacting students and updating files. I have learned how to multitask under stressful situations. The environment at work is hectic; eight people working with phones ringing in one office but enjoyable! It can get difficult right before a big day like registration because we have to prepare and plan the day while keeping students updated.
Great place to begin a career in Higher Ed
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2017
Emmanuel offers a great environment to begin work in higher education. Good staff and work culture, depending on the department you work in. Great time off and benefits. Its small size can mean limited opportunities for growth.
Pros
Paid holidays and vacations
Cons
Few upward mobility opportunities
Great College Student Job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
For being a college student, this is the perfect job to have. Very flexible hours, good pay and the managers are very understanding of that fact that you are still in school and need time to do your work.
Great variety of opportunities
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Student Financial ServicesMay 22, 2017
There are so many opportunities provided for students at Emmanuel across a wide range of disciplines including leadership, work, research, and lecture material
Enjoyable place to work
Career Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Emmanuel College because of the supportive administration and the desire they have to help you advance in your career. This is a job I will always look back on happily.
An entertaining experience
Swim Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAApril 28, 2017
The head Coach and Assistant Coach are very kind and understanding. The swimmers are from all over the world which in turns makes it a little learning experience about their country. They are easy to get along with. We are a Team, a family and fellow class mates, making practice/work time a fun and lively atmosphere.
Pros
Spending time with the team.Travel to different states for swim meets and training trips
Cons
Apart from swim practice, I also have school work to take care of just like the other atheletes.
I worked part-time as a student.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
I only worked part-time there as a student in a laboratory setting, but most of the professors there are friendly. There are a a few lab managers there and all of them are friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Limited lab space
I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2016
I took classes there to get my Bachelors degree. Psychology is a major interest in my life.

The academic staff was ok. Yet there were certain professors who helped me greatly.
Men's Soccer Team
Men's Soccer Assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for Emmanuel College. They had an excellent staff and everyone was easy to work with. I spent most of my time with the men's soccer team and I learned planning, management, book keeping and communication.
Productive and great community environment.
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
Give tours to prospective students and enhance public speaking skills everyday. There is a team of ambassadors that meets once a month to brainstorm ways to make Emmanuel more appealing to incoming students. Everyone is very easy to get along with and building strong connections is a main objective.
Catholic College with great people
Assistant Director of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with was more like a friend as we told each other weekend plans and sometimes joined each other. Very connected with one another as all departments worked closely with each other.
Fun place to work
Junior Advisor (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working here because I was in a position to help the student activities team come up with new ideas to help them create more clubs or ideas for their student body. The most enjoyable part of the day was coming up with ideas for themed events and I had to come up with a marketing strategy to get the students to the event. The hardest part of the job was probably if there wasn't an event coming up a day in the office was pretty slow and there wasn't any work to do.
Pros
Being able to use my creative skills
Cons
Slow days when there wasn't a event coming up
Great School/Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2015
Professors are very supportive and will help you succeed. Enjoyed working with my colleagues, challenges and was provided with constant learning.
Pros
commute
Cons
not many
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
Great team to work for. Feels like your making a difference but has normal Higher education dysfunction. Difficult to move upwards.