Emmanuel College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great community environment.
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
Give tours to prospective students and enhance public speaking skills everyday. There is a team of ambassadors that meets once a month to brainstorm ways to make Emmanuel more appealing to incoming students. Everyone is very easy to get along with and building strong connections is a main objective.
Catholic College with great people
Assistant Director of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with was more like a friend as we told each other weekend plans and sometimes joined each other. Very connected with one another as all departments worked closely with each other.
Fun place to work
Junior Advisor (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working here because I was in a position to help the student activities team come up with new ideas to help them create more clubs or ideas for their student body. The most enjoyable part of the day was coming up with ideas for themed events and I had to come up with a marketing strategy to get the students to the event. The hardest part of the job was probably if there wasn't an event coming up a day in the office was pretty slow and there wasn't any work to do.
Pros
Being able to use my creative skills
Cons
Slow days when there wasn't a event coming up
Great School/Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2015
Professors are very supportive and will help you succeed. Enjoyed working with my colleagues, challenges and was provided with constant learning.
Pros
commute
Cons
not many
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
Great team to work for. Feels like your making a difference but has normal Higher education dysfunction. Difficult to move upwards.
College Instructor
Writing Center Tutor in Academic Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoyed meeting and helping the students who came into the Academic Resource Center. My supervisors were outstanding, and I felt like I really made a difference in my students' lives.
A liberal arts college. Sort of.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
In a nutshell, while the working environment at Emmanuel was fantastic, and the coworkers and students were great, the administration of the school did absolutely everything in their power to put spokes in their wheels. Although Emmanuel was a Catholic liberal arts college, the funding for liberal arts programs was continuously slashed over the course of my employment there, and obtaining administrative and financial clearance for such things as guest speakers, performance spaces, or extracurricular activities was made increasingly difficult by the administration's uncooperativeness. While I certainly understand the need for money, this school has clearly started ignoring its mission of developing a liberal arts program with a Catholic vision a long time ago.
Pros
outstanding work environment, intelligent and active student body
Cons
terrible adjunct rates, downright hostile administration
Greet visitors and students who enter the Student Center; answer questions and provide directions Work with a team to set up and take down equipment
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2014
Make sure the Yawkey Center is up to par
Direct new comers to the school
Assist those in need
Key Yawkey Center organized
Customer service skills
Key interactions
Really great place to work.
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day was hectic but the work environment was very comforting. I worked with alot of people from various backgrounds. The hard part of the job was meeting your time frame to complete assigned meals but the enjoyable part was the satisfaction of accomplishing your resposibilities.
Great college job
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2013
This job was great for me during college. I was able to interact with many students and their guests. During late-nght shifts, I was able to complete homework.
Great Experience
Clerical - Office of Dean of Arts and Sciences (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2013
Great experience with work study employment as well as summer employment.
Food and fun
Line Cook. Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2013
There is not much i can say about this job but it was the best job i ever had. I loved everything about this job. From the management crew down to my co-workers
Pros
coming to work
Great Learning Experience
Office Marketing and Communication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
I learned all about marketing and the process for all print materials while working in the office of marketing and communication
Great for a Part-Time Job as a Student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2013
Schedules were very flexible. The atmosphere was laid-back but the expectation was there to get work done. I was able to learn a lot of lab management skills and protocols.
Great undergraduate institution
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2013
I held several positions at the college while attending classes here.