Emmanuel College Employee Reviews

Great School/Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2015
Professors are very supportive and will help you succeed. Enjoyed working with my colleagues, challenges and was provided with constant learning.
Pros
commute
Cons
not many
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
Great team to work for. Feels like your making a difference but has normal Higher education dysfunction. Difficult to move upwards.
College Instructor
Writing Center Tutor in Academic Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoyed meeting and helping the students who came into the Academic Resource Center. My supervisors were outstanding, and I felt like I really made a difference in my students' lives.
fun and enjoyable
Student Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAJanuary 2, 2015
typical day involved watching the college students play in the activities center, monitoring and renting them equipment.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not too many hours
Already Submitted
Director, Intramural Sports (Former Employee) –  Emmanuel College Franklin Springs GASeptember 1, 2014
Already Submitted.
This Is A Redundant Field.
My Review Of Emmanuel College Is Already Covered.
Pros
already submitted
Cons
already submitted
Great Job
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAJune 13, 2014
I was employed at Emmanuel College as a work study person. I handled all training of new employees, made work schedules as well as managing 12 other employees.
A liberal arts college. Sort of.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
In a nutshell, while the working environment at Emmanuel was fantastic, and the coworkers and students were great, the administration of the school did absolutely everything in their power to put spokes in their wheels. Although Emmanuel was a Catholic liberal arts college, the funding for liberal arts programs was continuously slashed over the course of my employment there, and obtaining administrative and financial clearance for such things as guest speakers, performance spaces, or extracurricular activities was made increasingly difficult by the administration's uncooperativeness. While I certainly understand the need for money, this school has clearly started ignoring its mission of developing a liberal arts program with a Catholic vision a long time ago.
Pros
outstanding work environment, intelligent and active student body
Cons
terrible adjunct rates, downright hostile administration
Greet visitors and students who enter the Student Center; answer questions and provide directions Work with a team to set up and take down equipment
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2014
Make sure the Yawkey Center is up to par
Direct new comers to the school
Assist those in need
Key Yawkey Center organized
Customer service skills
Key interactions
Really great place to work.
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day was hectic but the work environment was very comforting. I worked with alot of people from various backgrounds. The hard part of the job was meeting your time frame to complete assigned meals but the enjoyable part was the satisfaction of accomplishing your resposibilities.
counselor
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GANovember 15, 2013
enjoyed the variety offered by the job of teaching, counseling, travel and the interaction with other educators.
What I learned
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAJuly 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my time as an Emmanuel Resident Assistant. Even though there were days I had to push myself to continue I found out that the pros outweighed the cons by a landslide. The people that I got to work with are absolutely amazing. The hardest part of my job was leaving the job. I just had a connection with the students and staff that I never expected to have. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching students grow in their relationship with Christ and seeing them succeed from the beginning to end.
Pros
environment, people, administration
Cons
n/a
Great college job
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2013
This job was great for me during college. I was able to interact with many students and their guests. During late-nght shifts, I was able to complete homework.
Great Experience
Clerical - Office of Dean of Arts and Sciences (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2013
Great experience with work study employment as well as summer employment.
Food and fun
Line Cook. Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2013
There is not much i can say about this job but it was the best job i ever had. I loved everything about this job. From the management crew down to my co-workers
Pros
coming to work
Great Learning Experience
Office Marketing and Communication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
I learned all about marketing and the process for all print materials while working in the office of marketing and communication
Great for a Part-Time Job as a Student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2013
Schedules were very flexible. The atmosphere was laid-back but the expectation was there to get work done. I was able to learn a lot of lab management skills and protocols.
Great undergraduate institution
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2013
I held several positions at the college while attending classes here.
A very had place to work.
Student Worker/Work (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAJanuary 7, 2013
While attending college at Emmanuel College I worked for the work study program. While working there I got to see the real politics of private schools like Emmanuel. What I found is in short that I didn't like it nor did I want to be apart of it.
Review
Resident Assistant Advisor (Former Employee) –  P.O. Box 189 Franklin Springs, GA 30639August 7, 2012
great organization, networking, very diverse, great work life balance, first long term job in college so the compensation wasn't an issue then.
Pros
great organization, networking, very diverse, great work life balance
Cons
no room for growth
nice place to complete my degree
IT Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Springs, GAMay 14, 2012
nice place to complete my degree . good staff and friendly peopl

4.4