EMMAUS HOMES

EMMAUS HOMES Employer Reviews

Great healthcare job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the smiles on my clients face
I loved working with the clients helping make a difference in their lives. You meet so many different people in this company and they provide you with the skills you need to do your job.
home like setting
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work i did
Cons: life consuming
A typical day at work was making sure my clients were picked up from work/school and driven to any evening activities. Made sure they had dinner and was bathed and dressed for bed.The hardest part of the job was being away from my family and taking care of someone else's child. The best part of the job was the relationships formed between me and my clients.
Career field d
Support Staff/Direct Care II and Relief Staff (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOOctober 23, 2014
Pros: building realationships with the clients
Cons: short breaks
Great workplace
Great for medical field
Great management
Productive and Fast Paced
support staff (Former Employee), Marthasville, MOOctober 3, 2014
Pros: very good start to learning how to work with individuals with behavior and mental health
Cons: pay wasn't enough
Assisting in personal hygiene and teaching daily living skills

How to work with behavior and mental health

Always tried to work the best with their employers

Always tried working as a team

Learning how to work with behavior health

Learning how to work with behavior health
Emmaus Homes
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Marthasville, MoAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: highly stressful and risky
A Lot of staff have to pull double shifts because staff cannot be kept there and people misbehave badly. It can be a great place to work if you are highly energetic but I am and I about collapsed with it all. People bully you because they don't want to work the extra shift and you are the only one willing to. Managers are always stressed. Our manager just quit.
Suuport
Support Staff (Former Employee), St Charles, MOJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible workplace
Cons: no advancement
A typical day at Emmaus Homes would include providing personal care and support for individuals with disabilities. I learned how to help enhance the life of others through daily support and community integration. The hardest part of the job is saying good-bye to those served at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the face of the person or people I provided assistance to.
assisted living environment where teamwork is a plus, ongoing social activities
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJuly 3, 2014
It was a pleasure to assist the clients and work with my teammates. I, also, learned a lot about how to better assist others.
Productive and Fun work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: you get to work with some wonderful people., you can make life-long friendships., really good support system for the staff.
Cons: can be very mentally straining., some of the new houses are still in minor chaos mode.
Like any company, it has its issues but overall, it is a great place to work if you enjoy doing social work. It is also a really good place to work while in school because of the many different shifts available. Every day is a new challenge though, but at the end of the day, I knew I made a difference the lives of the people I served. Emmaus is definitely up on the technology available which makes for an easier shift. They are really like one big family and offer a great support system for their staff.
Loved the Clients
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks ever
I don't think management had the clients best interest at heart, but I loved the relationships formed from working there.
Paperwork Heavy but friendly atmosphere
Residental Quality Manager (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOOctober 22, 2013
Pros: friendly and fun
Cons: paperwork heavy and
If you are a social worker that enjoys working with clients then this job is not for you. The job was 95% paperwork and 5% working with the people. Emmaus has a great group of people working around them but the employees are overworked and under paid.
My favorite job
DSP (Former Employee), Marthasville, MOJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free meals, outings, teaching clients, healthcare experience, laid back
Cons: not paid enough, not able to ask for time off
Was my favorite job ever! The pay is a bit low, understaffed so hard to request time off. Management had their favorites who got better treatment. I ended up in a good house in the end. Loved my co workers and Manager. Loved the clients. Easy job, sometimes your safety is at risk with clients but usually avoidable. I wish I was still in Missouri and I would be there working!
Learning Experience
Support Staff (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2013
I had opportunity to assistance on all shifts. I enjoyed working on the evenings the most because there was more time to interact with the clients and build a relationship with them.
daily care of individuals with physical and developmental disabillities
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 21, 2013
A typical day would involve cooking, bathing, administration of medication and some light cleaning.
The hardest part of the job was getting attached to the people I was caring for.The co-workers worked well together. We all worked as a team.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the individuals accomplish their on personal goals.
Fun
Support Staff (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2013
I learned a lot from this company. I enjoy working with the clients and staff.
I loved Emmaus Homes
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Marthasville, MOOctober 22, 2012
Pros: helping adults with developmental disabilites
Cons: low pay
A great place to work with wonderful people. I learned a lot about the skills I could bring to a team environment and how to grow as a person.
Moving clients out into the community-quickly and haphazardly
Residential Quality Manager (Former Employee), St. Charles, MOOctober 19, 2012
Pros: flex schedule, great clients, generally amazing co-workers
Cons: poor pay, poor management, virtually no training, corporate greed
Emmaus Homes was started in the late 1800s to help people with disabilities. They have a gorgeous campus in St. Charles where the clients live. Emmaus is vacating the campus in order to integrate the clients into the community, which is fantastic; however, they are not staffing the new homes before they open them. During my brief time with the company, I opened two homes, neither of which were adequately staffed before clients moved in. Had I not worked many hours of unpaid overtime, there would have been no one to care for the clients.

Emmaus does not properly train their managers, which among other things makes for a very high turnover rate.

Also, it's a nonprofit organization and the directors drive very swanky company vehicles.
Emmaus
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOAugust 19, 2012
Able to work with my personal schedule.
Insight about mr/dd population.
Able to work alone or with co-workers.
n/a
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2012
Its a nice little job when your in high school or in college and need a little money to get by on. Not a job to pay any bills with.
great
housekeeping,cooking,bathing,and vital (Current Employee), st charles mo.June 12, 2012
customer service and helping people and having fun with the clients.
Healthcare
Direct Support Proffesional (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOApril 30, 2012
Pros: creativity
Cons: communication
It was a good place to work and learn new things everyday. A typical day at work was to insure safety, and hygience. Everyday we entered the community if the weather was in good condition. The fun part of the job was that it was fun to create new things such as projects and crafts