Emmaus Homes Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 15, 2017
Best job to help people in need with there everyday life. In homes from st louis to lake st louis.. You get cpr and mediction training.. And they are very flexible....
November 7, 2017

Thanks for leaving your feedback. Our training team is often our most highly talked about department and they lead many classes including the CPR and Medication classes you referenced. We hope to see you soon for Mandt, Essentials, Tools of Choice or a quick refresher!

Productive workplace
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 8, 2017
a typical day at Emmaus consists of helping clients do real world things. hardest part of the job is dealing with all the behaviors. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I put a smile on the clients face
November 7, 2017

Thank you for helping our clients and leaving a review. Working with adults with developmental disabilities can be described as challenging at times, but the reward of putting a smile on someone else’s face is worth the hard-work.

Good Place for Caring, Kindhearted People
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 16, 2017
Working with people who suffer with developmental disabilities is not a job for those with a lack of patience. It requires a kind heart and the willingness to help those who cannot help themselves.
November 7, 2017

Thanks for leaving your feedback. Patience, patience, patience. Over 700 team members would say the number one way to be successful at Emmaus is to be patient. Our clients have extraordinary personalities, but just like everyone else, it can take a while to get to really know someone and open up.

job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 7, 2017
My day at work checking time card doing doctors appt also pushing paper work , meeting with the boss, making sure my staff have their hours. and taking care of my 4 ladies
November 7, 2017

Thanks for leaving your feedback. Many people apply at Emmaus because they are looking to help others. Along with having some once in a lifetime experiences, you also get to fill out some paperwork here and there. Advancements in technology are making this a lot easier for our team members at Emmaus, and we have some top of the line tools.

emmaus
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2017
This is a great place to work it your looking for a relaxed job and love working with clients. This job is you could move up, lost of great benefits, PTO, and paid vacations.
June 12, 2017

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed working with us. Our clients, benefits, and career opportunities make Emmaus a great place to work and grow. In fact, over 95% of our Home Managers started their careers as a Direct Support Professional providing quality service to adults with developmental disabilities.

Company should concentrate on keeping good people
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 20, 2017
Company should concentrate on keeping good people and i do not have anything elsr to say this is a huge downfall that this section is required for me to finish
May 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. With over 700 employees, we’re always hearing fresh perspectives on how to keep quality team members. Being a part of the Emmaus family has a lot of offerings you wouldn’t get anywhere else, and we’re continually finding more.

Wonderful Place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 15, 2017
This was one of the best places I've worked at in years. Not only do they have great benefits but they also have overtime when ever you need it.They will train you for everything you need for the position you are applying for and some.
Pros
Certifications
May 25, 2017

It’s great to hear this is one of the best places you’ve worked! Our training is often referred to as the best in the business, even with the variety of scenarios you could encounter on a daily basis with adults with developmental disabilities. Thank you for your valued feedback.

Clients are the only reason to be there
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 7, 2017
If you are not a self-sufficient worker then this won't be good for you. It really depends on the home you're in, but most of the workers in my home don't carry their own weight and the lead is right along with them.
Pros
Clients, Experience
Cons
Management, Unproffesional Staff
May 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’ve been gathering feedback from many sources, such as surveys, reviews, and even focus groups, to help us make Emmaus a great place to work. With over 700 team members providing 24/7 supports to over 250 adults with developmental disabilities, there is a lot of room to create consistency between homes. Hopefully in the near future you’ll notice the improvements.

fun and productive
Support Staff/Direct Care II and Relief Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMay 5, 2017
flexible schedule
productive work day
fun employees
committed management
great for college students
great environment
goal driven
attention to details
Pros
goal driven
Cons
nothing bad to say
May 25, 2017

Thank you for listing many of the things that make Emmaus a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to make working at Emmaus fun and productive!

Great Fexible place to work and create life changing opportunity for individuals served.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2017
Emmaus Homes is a great company to work for if you're an individual who enjoy helping others. Emmaus Homes is also a great company to work for if you enjoy establishing relationships with the people you serve. This company can be a bit overwhelming if you're not someone who adapts well to Change. Emmaus is always looking for new ways to expand and strive for the company's growth. Therefore, just when something may seem to be working out and beneficial to client growth; then changes are made. These changes may be beneficial to management but, challenging for individuals being served. Which in most cases, the clients served have to start completely from square one. Over a period of time, I have seen this process actual stunt the growth of some of the individuals being served.
Pros
Flexiblity and chance for advancement
Cons
Have to wait until other staff members arrive before leaving work
Work is rewarding but Stress from management is awful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Marthasville, MOMarch 25, 2017
The actual work your responsible for is great for the money, however the hardest part is dealing with the stress from management. Theres a lot of harassment and corruption. The management doesn't care about the clients they just want what the easiest, cheapest, and quickest way of dealing with things. They are really manipulative.

good luck.
Best place I've ever worked
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOFebruary 3, 2017
I have been with Emmaus for around 2 years now. I've worked for other non-profits and Emmaus is by far the most professionally managed, the most fun, and has the best organizational culture. My coworkers feel like friends and it is nice working for a company that genuinely cares about getting to know you as a person. I hope to be here for many more years. The clients are such great people and it's so rewarding getting to know them and feeling like you've made a difference in their lives. If you want a job where you are rewarded for working hard, and where your job really makes a difference, definitely join the team here!
Pros
flexible, great culture, caring management, rewarding work
A life-changing career
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, MODecember 22, 2016
I have been employed with Emmaus for a couple months now, and what started out as a job has turned into a life-changing career for me. I could never have imagined that being surrounded by so many genuine, loving people, (whether it is the clients we serve or my fellow co-workers) could have impacted me in such a profound way. Through this experience, my life has gained purpose and fulfillment. I'm so grateful for the people of Emmaus and the wonderful services they provide to such a great community of folks who really appreciate it.
Safe environment,nice people,nice clients
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 7, 2016
Working at Emmaus is a cool laid back job. He don't have to do much work. The mission is to make a difference in these guys life and not to question they intelligence. Emmaus pays great and also has good benefits.
Pros
Can work on your own
Cons
Hard to find someone to cover your shift if time needed off
too long ago to be useful
Maintenance/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marthasville, MONovember 11, 2016
coordinated scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, for 35 cars and vans every month. Performed minor and some major repairs.
Productive work place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 19, 2016
Company has a culture whereby employees are recognized base on their perofmance and always looking for feedbacks from the employee. The company has a flexibly time that gives employeee room to be more involve in their family life.
sourceful and helpful place
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 7, 2016
prepare clients with hygiene, medical appt., eating, toileting, social, and safety skills, etc, transportation, community
productive work environment
care giver (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJune 4, 2016
This is a good place to help the developementally disabled achieve their goals. I have nomore to say about this company. the hardest part of the job is the high turn over rate,because you want staff to get to know customers needs.
This is a good place to work
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2016
This is a good place to work and everyone is nice! The organization is helping a number of mentally-disable people and they are kind-hearted!
Easy job you learn a lot of new things everyday
Bathe, groom, and assist clients (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 30, 2016
I love my job and what I do I like to help people I am a people person. I like the events we do with the clients . I like how the company wants the clients to be independently as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emmaus Homes. Our community is ready to answer.