Emmis Communications

Emmis Communications Employer Reviews

amazing
Copywriter and Production Internship (Former Employee), santa monicaNovember 3, 2014
i got real hands on experience and was not treated as an intern but as a professional.
Fun Family Oriented when 98.7KissFM was here
Promotions/Marketing/Programming (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: making people happy
Cons: not enough prizes to give to everyone
BEST JOB EVER 98.7KISSFM was family oriented. We Had fun doing our job helping people bringing awareness to the TriState. Everyone knew who 98.7KissFm was along with the Team & On-Air Personalities. We worked together. It was more than a job, it was a career and we were family. The hardest part of the job was going home and not returning when the Radio Station was sold to another company. The Most enjoyable part of the job was growing as a Host/MC & DJ. Being able to make the listeners laugh and giving away prizes. Making people happy is the best gift ever for me.
Great People, Horrible Management
Director of Integrated Technologies (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: people, facilities
Cons: management
Corporate IT management needs an overhaul. High turn-over and bad moral is a direct result of bad leadership.
Electric Atmosphere, Great People
Promotions Asst/ Event Staff/ Board Ops (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: working with legends and the best in the field
Emmis is an extraordinary company full of passionate and more extraordinary people. It has a very nurturing environment. Most of the staff have been there for years. They appreciate hard work and talent and when they see it, the veterans are more than happy to take you under the wing and help you advance and learn all you can within the organization. For a huge company, they have a tight family feel.
Great working environment
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Great place to work, great co-workers and work/life balance
Overall performance
trafiic coordinator intern (Former Employee), 395 Hudson StreetFebruary 11, 2014
Emmis Communication provided me with the professionalism needed to be successful in life,.
Wonderful work environment
Web Content Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: interviews
Cons: meetings
Write content for blogs
Look for entertainment news stories
Social media updates
fun co workers
Awesome Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2013
Top notch management and ownership. Always on top of industry trends. Super creative and always inventing great promotions to sell to merchants.
Very productive and fresh environment
Traffic Department Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: cool laid back but professional setting, wealth of information and knowledge, wonderful co workers, free tea making machine, organic vending machine
Working at a computer and being able to walk around the station (hot97) was very exciting. I felt like an important asset to the company an =d what was being played on the air. I learned how to use Microsoft Excell and other radio production software. My co workers were extremely helpful in helping me learn more about the position and how to run it. The hardest part was learning everything at first because one mistake could cause loss of money and worse, so it was very nerve racking. The most enjoyable part was the knowledge learned and the people i met and connected with. As well as the free tea making machine!
Good company, good working environment. Disappointed in a few of the managers.
Account Executive (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2013
Freedom to be creative and to work with your own schedule. Not a lot of guidance or structure which can be difficult for people new to the business. Better company for veterans of the radio industry.
Fun and productive workplace
Commercial Production Director / Imager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 27, 2012
I worked with a lot industry greats there and had lots of fun, but when the economy went bad, things got weirder until the station I represented was no more
A productive & fun work place.
Executive Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2012
Pros: attend free events.
Cons: management, healthcare
Poor management but lasting long friendships with fellow employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Development & Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2012
Working for this company is fun. You work with great people and you meet great people. There are no typical days. The hardest part of the job is dealing with contest winners.
Ideal place to begin a Career.
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
Learned a lot, from great people.

Surrounded by a lot of knowledge.

Will go through many great experiences.
Wonderful transition job
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2012
When you interview for this job, they tell you right off the bat that the job is designed to help you move forward in your career, and to always be cultivating relationships with clients and co-workers.

I took this to heart, and worked very hard to always run the most efficient, exciting events, and always made sure to have a good rapport with those I was working for and with.

Our managers were fantastic, and the office ran successfully because of it. We were all trained well, and it showed in how we turned around and managed our interns.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and essentially helped me find my next job.
Internship
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2012
Great internship experience. I learned a lot at this company and there was always room for advancement. The people are very warm and teach you a lot about the business.
Fun place to work.
Intern-IT Dept. (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2012
It was an internship. I loved updating computers, helping people find printers.