Emmis Communications Employee Reviews

na
Office Assistant/ Street Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
It is a great company. has great benefits.you can learn a lot
the culture is amazing people are amazing. Great concerts. ticketts. managment is cool. Fun
DJ/ Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
I am a DJ/Brand Ambassador and work at Emmis has been steady and having a flexible schedule is a major factor in my overall satisfaction with the job.
Great Company
Mobile Testing Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
Only a contractor but made me feel welcome and one of their own. QA Director is great and strives to maintain great work-life balance without sacrificing quality
Pros
culture, work-life balance
Very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2016
I loved working for Emmis. I worked as a promotions intern for KSHE 95 and KHITS 96 (now KNOU 96.) My typical day was to set up for events and run events. A typical day at the office would be to look up several events in the area and give all the information I could find to the Promotions Director. The best thing about the job was everyone I got to meet
Pros
Met a lot of bands
Cons
Internship ended
So fun!
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
Emmis was great because working in radio is great! What a fun and supportive group to work with. I truly feel as though this company including the management did an awesome job preparing me for the working world.
Pros
Fun experience with great management
Cons
Compensation not the best
Productive and fun workplace with great amenities in the building and great location
WFNI (1070 The Fan) Promotions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work is usually productive and busy, which makes the days go by quickly. The atmosphere as great and I enjoy being around my co-workers.
Pros
Free entry to events
Cons
Little pay and no benefits
Emmis Really Cared
Radio Personality (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
In my time at Emmis Communications I felt like management really had my best interests in mind. They were always available to help when you needed it. When I was let go from there it was like saying good bye to family.
Not the best
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2016
Management was questionable at the time and many firings to bring in friends of management. Hopefully things have changed, they also were very selective with promotions at the time.
Fun place but hard working place
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2015
Emmis was a fun work place. Very supportive coworkers and team. The work environment is very laid back but it is also very professional and hard working.
Fun work place in the entertainment industry
Assistant Producer/Editor/Videographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Each day was filled with various artist, celebrities, and occasionally politicians being interview. I learned the production costs to run a full time radio station, traffic logs, ad revenue. The hardest part of my job were last minute deadlines that were changed for a client. The most enjoyable part was coming into a department where everyone supported your progress.
Productive and fun work environment
Radio Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
As a Radion Promotions Intern, I learned what happens behind the scenes at a radio station and what it takes to put together on-air/online contests and station events.
Emmis Communication
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Fun Place to work, but management do not develop talent. The hours vary from department. The compensation can be low. They ask for ideas and NEVER use them.
Pros
tickets (rarely)
Cons
No growth potential.
Fun Workplace
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 17, 2015
Maintain A Safe Environment For The Children. Play Games And Interact In A Positive Manner. Run Daily Activities By Schedule. Bring Children Different Sites At The Camp For A Fun Filled Day.
a great radio culture
On air talent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
great people, good vibes the building. team effort to provide quality broadcasting for all Emmis stations in the St.Louis cluster.
working at Emmis
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 4, 2015
A lot of shuffling around. Not much concern for employees. You really have to fend for yourself. Not a nurturing environment, that's for certain.
Pros
Seeing celebrities, creativity during events
Cons
Driving, not a lot of help from management
I spent 15 successful years at this company
Dj On Air Radio Personality (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Working for the number one urban station HOT97 in its prime as a dj on air radio personality for 15 years was truly an awesome experience! I learned of wealth of skills during my time there! Everything from sharpening my people skills to understanding the business of music on a global scale. The wealth of knowledge obtained during my employment at Emmis is truly unmatched my any other job opportunity I was fortunate to have. My co-workers were also my competition at times which made for interesting in office politics, but ultimately we functioned as a tight unit. The most enjoyable part of the job was the life time of experiences I got from having intimate access to the music industry. The hardest part of the job is the politics and long hours.
Pros
Promotional Items, and all access at events like SUMMER JAM
Cons
The politics and long hours.
amazing
Copywriter and Production Internship (Former Employee) –  santa monicaNovember 3, 2014
i got real hands on experience and was not treated as an intern but as a professional.
Fun Family Oriented when 98.7KissFM was here
Promotions/Marketing/Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
BEST JOB EVER 98.7KISSFM was family oriented. We Had fun doing our job helping people bringing awareness to the TriState. Everyone knew who 98.7KissFm was along with the Team & On-Air Personalities. We worked together. It was more than a job, it was a career and we were family. The hardest part of the job was going home and not returning when the Radio Station was sold to another company. The Most enjoyable part of the job was growing as a Host/MC & DJ. Being able to make the listeners laugh and giving away prizes. Making people happy is the best gift ever for me.
Pros
making people happy
Cons
not enough prizes to give to everyone
Great People, Horrible Management
Director of Integrated Technologies (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Corporate IT management needs an overhaul. High turn-over and bad moral is a direct result of bad leadership.
Pros
People, facilities
Electric Atmosphere, Great People
Promotions Asst/ Event Staff/ Board Ops (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Emmis is an extraordinary company full of passionate and more extraordinary people. It has a very nurturing environment. Most of the staff have been there for years. They appreciate hard work and talent and when they see it, the veterans are more than happy to take you under the wing and help you advance and learn all you can within the organization. For a huge company, they have a tight family feel.
Pros
working with legends and the best in the field
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emmis Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2