Emmis Communications Employee Reviews

Emmis Communication
Receptionist/Assistant to the Digital Media Editor (Former Employee) –  395 Hudson Street, New York, NY, 10014January 15, 2018
Emmis Communication is a great work environment to be in. The people are friendly though avidly dedicatd to their work. I would be lucky to work their again.
Pros
Catered Lunches
Productive and fun place to work
PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at EMMIS. My manager was competent and supportive. There are not alot of advancement opportunities or benefits with this job. The job was demanding with many different venues that require assistants to have initiative and a strong work ethic.
Pros
fun culture
Cons
low pay
Very poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
They hired managers from out side the market that couldn't help with the sales process. Since they were new to the market, they had to spend all their time getting up to speed and couldn't really help with my accounts.
I had 8 managers in 5 years. so my role was always changing
Pros
flexability
Cons
poor management
Emmis
HR Generalist, HR Associate, Corporate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2017
Emmis was a fun and exciting place to work. They truly cared for their employees and overall a laid back culture. Unfortunately, they went through a downsizing a few times.
Pros
Fun and laid back environment
Cons
Salary for others than in the corporate office
Working at emmis Communications
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
It was a internship so it was very temporary ( 3 months ) where i did a number of jobs . I was an receptionist , did inventory , office assistant and volunteer work helping out co workers . So a typical day at work would be what ever is needed for the day . I learned to leave any outside problems out of the work place . Management was very respectful and positive . The work place was fast paced , very busy and positive environment . It was nothing hard that i coudnt handle about the job . The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and enjoying the positive vibes in the work place .
Lofty goal, intense management yet Fun culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
I believe the goal is an unattainable goal. Which is stressful and frustrating. Management is clearly under pressure as they are daily over coaching and stressing mechanisms to get new business. Upper management provides quarterly fun creative incentive lunches and breakfasts with fun prizes.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
High pressure, in a passive aggressive way, long hours, administrative work tasks are heavy leaving less time to focus on prospecting
Interesting, fast paced enviroment with talented people.
News Anchor, Live Show Producer,Podcast Editor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2017
Emmis Austin Radio is a cluster of stations covering many formats.
The culture embraced a can-do attitude of determined optimism in a very competitive field. From interviewing guests, to preparing shows for podcast the opportunity greatly enhanced my digital skills. I love working behind the scenes and being informed.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2017
Emmis Communications is full of talented on air personalities, experienced and understanding promotions coordinators, happy and charismatic (and diverse!) promotions assistants, and knowledgeable, interesting directors. As an employee, I've been met with nothing but kindness and great experiences here.
Pros
Catering at least once a month, big kitchen, approachable management
Cons
No benefits unless you are a full time employee.
Great Internship
Accounting/Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
I worked with the Financial Analysts and the Internal Auditors and was able to travel to Arizona to work with the internal and external auditors. Wonderful place to work.
Pros
Free tickets to games
Great Place to work
Local Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2017
Great environment, quick paced, evolving industry. Training is good, but you must apply yourself. If you are just there for fun and concerts this may not be the job for you. If you apply yourself and work you can make money.
Pros
concerts
Cons
quick paced
A Great Experience
INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
Interning for Emmis was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. I was able to work with many great professionals in the music and radio industry, and I learned a lot about how a radio station is run.
Fun! The best job
Promotions/Marketing/Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Kiss fm was the best!!!! Loved that station. I wish the station still existed. I miss those kiss fm days! The program director toya beasley, was the absolute best! She kept the station together and at #1
Pros
Blessing people, Community affairs
Cons
Station was sold, Sad day
It was cool.
Kiss FM Promotions (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
It was a paid internship in which I only recieved 7.25 an hour for. Not complaining but there wasn't much to the job. I dealt with clients that called in for prizes.
Pros
Nice atmosphere.
Cons
Not much to get from working here.
Fun promotional experience
Promotions assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
I loved working on the promotions team for 105.7 The Point owned by Emmis Communications. I got to meet a lot of people and do some solid networking. I very much enjoyed our promotional outings and I enjoyed improving the listener experience.
na
Office Assistant/ Street Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
It is a great company. has great benefits.you can learn a lot
the culture is amazing people are amazing. Great concerts. ticketts. managment is cool. Fun
DJ/ Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
I am a DJ/Brand Ambassador and work at Emmis has been steady and having a flexible schedule is a major factor in my overall satisfaction with the job.
Great Company
Mobile Testing Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
Only a contractor but made me feel welcome and one of their own. QA Director is great and strives to maintain great work-life balance without sacrificing quality
Pros
culture, work-life balance
Very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2016
I loved working for Emmis. I worked as a promotions intern for KSHE 95 and KHITS 96 (now KNOU 96.) My typical day was to set up for events and run events. A typical day at the office would be to look up several events in the area and give all the information I could find to the Promotions Director. The best thing about the job was everyone I got to meet
Pros
Met a lot of bands
Cons
Internship ended
So fun!
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
Emmis was great because working in radio is great! What a fun and supportive group to work with. I truly feel as though this company including the management did an awesome job preparing me for the working world.
Pros
Fun experience with great management
Cons
Compensation not the best
Productive and fun workplace with great amenities in the building and great location
WFNI (1070 The Fan) Promotions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work is usually productive and busy, which makes the days go by quickly. The atmosphere as great and I enjoy being around my co-workers.
Pros
Free entry to events
Cons
Little pay and no benefits