Emory-Adventist Hospital

Emory-Adventist Hospital Employer Reviews

Friendly and Caring Environment
Volunteer Information Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch and beautiful outside view
I enjoy working with the friendly hosptial staff. I have learned quite a bit about the daily run of a hospital. I have been trained on the various codes and what they mean which has prepared me for future knowledge.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: experiencing er traffic and drawing floor inpatients, timed draws, and ridgeview patients
Position Responsibilities
• Draw, prepare and organize patient specimens for testing in hospital lab.
• Collect urine drug screen specimens for shipping and lab testing.
• Deliver blood samples to various departments as required.
• Handles venipuncture, electrocardiogram, urine analysis, blood testing, centrifuging autoclaving.
• Carefully follows all – more... safety procedures during phlebotomy work according to HIPAA guidelines.
• Handles phone calls from patients and doctors for scheduling appointments and for inpatient timed specimen draws.
• Also drew patients at Ridgeview Institute which housed patients in 3 different cottages, A-B-C. Age ranges from young adults 20’s and 30’s, Adults 30’s and 40’s, elderly 50+ and children. Drug abuse, mental health and psychiatric disabilities. – less
a typical day at work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Smyrna, GADecember 28, 2012
Assisted Physical Therapist in making therapy sessions productive for patients.
Responsible for keeping treatment area clean and provided assistance for patients in wheelchair.
Help with any paperwork and faxing needed by therapist.
Productive Health Care
Scheduler/Coord (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: customer service
Cons: health services
This job is interesting to me because my role as a MA allowed interaction with patients in administrative resolve.
good working environment, stable company
Medical Assistant/ER Tech, Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Smyrna, GASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: you could pray with the patients, they gave good gifts, benefits were good!
Cons: 12 hour shifts, breaks were short.
A typical day at Emory Adventist was busy in the Er on night shift. Usually coming into a busy evening with various different patients and then the night would slow down around 130am. But pick back up around 500am. I really enjoyed not knowing what to expect coming in the door, I just knew that whatever the case my night shift crew would get the job – more... done. My management team was very good for the most part and stood behind their staff. Of course no place is perfect but the pros out weighed the cons. I learned so many different things being in various different areas and ultimately was very satisfied with my 8 years there. – less
fun work place offering lunch once a week
LPN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2012
A typical day at work is pratical and enjoyable at the same time, Working hard and enjoying the patients.

I learned to understand the patients and how to work with different cultures.

Management works deligently to achieve the goals for the particular day.

Co-workers are loyal and we always work as a team.

The hardest part of the job is not getting – more... to my patients often enough.

the most enjoyable part of the job is doing my rounds. – less
Nice hospital and nice place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 1, 2012
Learn a lot during my volunteer and will continue to contribute my service there.
Emory
Payroll Coordinator/ Accounting (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 21, 2012
Pros: insurance
Cons: poor management
Emory itself is a great company. They have poor management skills. People are required to work in a hostile wotk enviorment. If you go to HR they will tell you they are for you but they are not. They will look for reasons to let you go.
Productive, wholesome and fun loving evironment. There is a family oriented environment I truly miss.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, GeorgiaAugust 24, 2011
Pros: "nurturing environment"
Cons: "not enough hours"
I really enjoyed working for Emory Adventist Hospital. I dreaded leaving, because I feel like I was leaving my family behind. I enjoyed the wholesome environment and was delighted to be a pro-active team member.

About Emory-Adventist Hospital

Emory-Adventist Hospital at Smyrna is a 88-bed, not-for-profit facility operated by Adventist Health System (AHS) as a joint – Read more