Productive and fun environment to work in.
Pros: experiencing er traffic and drawing floor inpatients, timed draws, and ridgeview patients
• Draw, prepare and organize patient specimens for testing in hospital lab.
• Collect urine drug screen specimens for shipping and lab testing.
• Deliver blood samples to various departments as required.
• Handles venipuncture, electrocardiogram, urine analysis, blood testing, centrifuging autoclaving.
• Carefully follows all safety procedures during phlebotomy work according to HIPAA guidelines.
• Handles phone calls from patients and doctors for scheduling appointments and for inpatient timed specimen draws.
• Also drew patients at Ridgeview Institute which housed patients in 3 different cottages, A-B-C. Age ranges from young adults 20’s and 30’s, Adults 30’s and 40’s, elderly 50+ and children. Drug abuse, mental health and psychiatric disabilities.