Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
RN/Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of my patients. Everyday I looked forward in going to work. Helping others is the best feeling in the world.
productive and fun place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
every day exiting
learned a bout complected surgeries
Managements are knowledgeable
Co- workers are friendly
the hardest part of the job parking
Co workers and Physicians are great.. Administration. Corrupt
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2016
Looks good on paper. A dressed up garbage can is what it really is. High turnover. Physicians and staff. Administration going down and sinking the ship along the way.
Pros
Benefits, working with the best physicians
Cons
No room for growth, micro-managing, lack of patient compassion
Productive teachable
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2016
A fun friendly place to work. Never a dull moment between patients and staff. Everyone works well together as a team. Learn how to think quickly on your feet and react appropriately.
Pros
Fun excitement
Cons
Sick people
On the phone from days start until days end
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
the hardest part of my job was when I was not able to help a patient the most enjoyable was to be able help someone with their bill--I loved my co-workers they were wonderful as was my co-workers at Morristown-Hamblen Hospital. I learned patience with everyone I dealt with including managment and co-workers.
Pros
at time i work there excellent health insurance
Cons
working holidays and all shifts it is a hospital after all
a typical day at work
Nurse Tech II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2016
busy,fast pace,and a experience! Everyone is not fit to work in a fast pace environment! it takes a lot of courage.Bed side lights are going off, phones are ringing ,and every patient wants that one on one care!
Emory Rehab
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Emory rehabSeptember 2, 2016
Since the joint venture... Emory rehab has turned into a negative and very stressful environment... I am very disappointed as an employee...
Pros
Transferring options within the facility but not as easy...
Cons
Physical
Great Company for your Resume and experience
Coding Specialist/Patient Account Rep II (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 1, 2016
Great company ! It just depends on the location where you work and department. The coders at the downtown Decatur location are not totally remote and you have some departments that where the coders are not remote at all. Management at this location are micromanaging and do not allow for employee advancement which creates a high turn over.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no flextime, old management styles
The culture of Emory is horrible...
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2016
EMORY allows their physicians to run there clinic like its their own practice. And Job security is not promise here. If you are not a manager, a Doctor, or clinical you are treated like you are beneath them.
Benefits
Excellent Benefits
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 30, 2016
Excellent benefits which is what drew me to Emory. Management inconsistent, extreme favoritism, extremely high turnover of staff (11 resigned in 5 months.
benefits
Cons
everything else
It's an ok environment
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
There's really not much to say. The pay sucks and room for growth is few and far between. I can honestly say working for Emory, has been a great disappointment.
Loved the team I worked with in Patient Access
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 29, 2016
My title was Patient Access Specialist, however I was on a different team within Patient Access so I did not take phone calls I actually made phone calls and worked on several projects to improve the overall patient experience as well as Emory Clinics providers schedules.
Pros
worked with great people, very intelligent, willing to help
Cons
pay is not that great, also my roles did not fit my job title description at all
Gives great experiences
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work for the name and to have on your resume. Allows for great relationships and experiences. Your job enjoyment depends on the management you are currently under.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Pay Increases
Management Self Absorbed
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 3, 2016
The staff are absolutely great to work with, they are always willing to share knowledge. Have lost approx. 24 coworkers in less than 10 months & 1/2 of the new staff that just started w/in last 4+ months have quit or leaving now. The hardest part is getting daily phone calls with un-happy patients that don't understand their bills. A lot of previous payments have been moved from one invoice to another and they don't understand why their money was moved and when there was an-overpayment- that money was absorbed and never refunded. Some payments don't even show up on their statements.
When you can help a patient and can take the time to go over every line item with them it is very rewarding.
Another point- while there is some potential to grow, once you reach a certain level there is no where to go and trying to transfer to another department is almost impossible ie: management makes it that way.
There are a lot of upper management leaving (VP, Directors, etc.)
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Great company to work for.
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2016
Educational hospital that is willing to train and educate employees. However the nurse to patient ratio is a little over whelming.
Pros
Can move quickly up the ladder
Cons
Doesn't pay the greatest, management can be rude at times
Good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
It was very busy. I enjoyed it but the drive was very long and the traffic was bad. Management changed and made the job very different. It was as employee friendly anymore.
Benefits
Cons
Drive
Patient friendly environmen
Coordinator / Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
Greeted patients checked patients in and out. Made appointments. Collected payments from patients. At the end of the day I handled my batch, which is my money bag. I would count it up and record and place it.
Nice job
Fns (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
Good pay good benefits good people like the location working there is cool..................................................................... love working there looking forward to working many years at Emory hospital
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad rules and management
N/a
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
Good company to work for. The hours are great and the people are very helpful. Management is great. They really look out for the best interest of the employees.
Patient Service Coordinator
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Emory Clinc Decatur,GaJune 28, 2016
Emory is. okay place to work but the employees and supervisors are the problem. I have seen employees talk about each other to management, staff and patients. Management are just as bad they have favorites among employees they are responsible for your raises and they will hold you back. Being a patient service coordinator you work hard. I only got one :30 minute lunch and no morning or evening breaks. Working in a overwhelmingly, fast -pace environment seeing 200 a day and 1200 in a week patients. Working in a multiple specialty practices for several doctors and that location kept hiring new doctors knowing that there were only three front desk patient service coordinator. We got know help from any other departments people to help the front-desk and when we did all they did was complaint. The supervisor and Administrator expected for you kill your self and they could careless about you. The supervisor and Administrator they didn't know what they were doing, shouldn't had the jobs.

It was a great learning experience. pay is not good could be better

Emory doesn't have advancements opportunities. Open up more jobs for external and internal candidates.
Pros
It a great place to learn if you are in the right departments
Cons
Leaving raises and promotios up to supervisors.no breaks not long enough lunches. no advancement, no good benefits