Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
LPN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and getting work done. I learned assumption is not the best way to communicate. A typical day at work is fast paced.
I enjoy working at Emory
Supervisor of Respiratory Care (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJuly 17, 2017
The management team is wonderful and once you establish yourself, there are opportunities to grow within the organization. My boss and I get along really well and she listens to my suggestions and gives me feedback and how we as a team can make more improvements.
Pros
Leadership work together to build Team Dynamic
Cons
Onboarding to the organization can be a task, because of behavior issues with long time staff.
overall a great company
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
Its a well Productive company,the setting is very professional and friendly and the managers are extremely.A great company to work for,very fare in salary.
Good work environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
The work environment is great. I enjoy the culture and patient employee interactions. I also enjoy the work life balance which fosters a healthy life for me and my family.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
salary cap
Special Bar
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
Challenge, ready, fast past, taste, detail, and remarks.
Different CHEF secrets.
Great management.
Different culture great.
Not have what you need to preform job.
Complaints.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No air condition.
Stressful
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 27, 2017
The department that i work in is very stressful i had to drop out of school just so i could focus on work. I don't have time for my kids during the week, just stressful.
Pros
After 6 months you apply to other departments, great benefits, i love the long lunch break
Cons
No flexibility for part time or full time, you work hard for the money, the staff are rude, i dont care which emory you work at the traffic is horrible, i work off-site and i have to park 20 mins and walk, which i hate
Atmospere is Great
Radiology Clerk/Medical Reports Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
Emory is a great Place to work. I started with the Hospital as a Temp. I was hired on permanent. If you love what you do, as a passion..which is myself, Serving great Customer Service to Patients, Emory picked up on that, because they look for Highly qualified Customer Service Employees
Work life
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work enjoy meeting new patient on a daily basic. Work place is always clean, and manageable, caring patient and staff looks out for the best interest of employee.
Too many cheifs and not enough indians
Respiratory Therapist, Interventional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2017
The different cultures at Emory was difficult to work with...Emory need to educate the other cultures to the American culture. They have some strong opinionated cultures working there. The management staff wasn't very helpful with deciphering conflict between staff because sometime they inflicted conflict by allowing the persons with the problems to sort it out themselves in an already strained environment. The hardest part of the job was working with the people and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new.
Benefits
Cons
The different Cultures and management
hospital worker
Palliative Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
Great job t have if you like being challenged in somewhat difficult cases. A lot of freedom is given to the employees, however one must work first and play last.
Good Place To Work
Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 7, 2017
I work in the insurance denial department. Its a lot of work ( I have anywhere from 800 to 3000 denials to complete) and I rarely feel that I have accomplished anything due to the workload, job security I suppose. Management is ok in that they don't micromanage you. There is, however, a lot of miscommunication and changes can happen one email at a time which causes a lot of confusion at times. I am able to work from home part time which is very big plus. My coworkers are great and I enjoy seeing them every other day. The benefits are good. Insurance is just high no matter where you go. I don't have any problems taking off time when I want to or needing to call out because of an emergency.
Pros
Work from home part time, hands off management
Cons
Work flow changes from day to day
great place
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
a highly productive place where education achievement can be attained with dedication and hardwork.
good management skills and staffs respect one another
Pros
appreciation
Cons
nothing
Wonderful
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 6, 2017
Great work environment. Management is very concerned about staff and staff needs. Good work/life balance. Lots of opportunity to move around. Great, competitive pay.
Detailed place to work
Credentialing Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 2, 2017
Emory Healthcare, have a diverse group of people. At the time of my employment, Gerald Stinson was my manager. A very excellent and fair manager, who does not micro-manage. He was very helpful and competent during training and was always available if you have any questions.
Pros
Paid Vacations, Steady hours and an opportunity to make up hours missed, Occasional overtime during the busiest time of the year.
Cons
Can be stressful retrieving credentials from Physicians and mid-levels..
Feels like home
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
They make you feel like you don't have to leave. Great place to work! My managers are great people. Some days can be a challenge dealing with people and food but I love it.
Emory Family Medicine
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 31, 2017
Emory was also a great place to work. I wish I could have stayed longer and really get to learn the culture there. I was a summer intern that had a lot of freedom. I enjoyed it, very lax environment.
Could improve on innovation a little behind than most healthcare companies
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
People are able to advance if they know the right people. On a typical day most people seem to be happy in their currect positions. However, you really never know. I really don't get into conversating with people and try to keep to myself for various reasons. At times I do feel that my back is against the wall and you have to know the right people in order to advance.
Pros
stability
Great work environment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 24, 2017
Would not change being part of the Emory family. The staff as a whole is awesome the team work is excellent always learning new skills and abilities. The best customer service!
Emory
Financial Clearance Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 16, 2017
• Responsible for obtaining all prior approval and pre-certifications for the department of ophthalmology, gastroenterology and orthopedics for both in-patient and out-patient procedures at the Emory University Hospital, Emory Crawford Long Hospital and the Emory Clinic Ambulatory Surgery Center. This process includes ensuring all insurance information is valid and entered accurately in the system to ensure timely claim filing.
• Have consistently maintained 100% on all monthly audits
Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
Nurse Tech II on unit 21 : General surgery, ENT and Bariatrics
• Performed bed baths complete and partial, showers and perineal care for female/male

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.