Emory Healthcare

Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive, promote employee growth, great employees!
Electronic Medical Record Application Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Growth and great employee interaction
Cons: Politics among management
For the most part a great place to work. The interaction with various teams was terrific--employees are a great team!! Always received assistance when necessary and as often as necessary I reciprocated so even new employees are immediately embraced and shown the ropes.
Reputable Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Short staff, pay rate
Emory Healthcare is a reputable company in the metro Atlanta area that has an innovative vision for encouraging the promotion of healthcare of its patients.
A nice place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy. I love meeting new people and helping the patients. I did not like the fact you had to park away from the workplace and wait on a shuttle to pick you and drop you off. The management there was not good or fair at all.
Back Office Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), atlanta, gaMay 7, 2015
 Efficiently multitasked working front and back office with duties including insurance verification, scheduled appointments, verify claims and make reminder phone calls
 Performed X-rays, EKG,s UA’s and assisted physicians with specimen collection, examinations, treatments and diagnosis
 Handled patients with great care while directing them to examination rooms, assisting with undressing, and prepping them for physician visit.
 Prep and Place INT IV’s for Infusion, Tele Med, and Transplant Evaluations.
JOB SECURITY
Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: 3 BREAKS DAILY
Cons: NEED TO RE INVENT JOB GROWTH
I HAVE WORKED WITH EMORY HEALTHCARE FOR 10 YEARS. I HAVE TO SAY IT'S ENVIROMENT FOR GROWTH IS GREAT. BUT I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LONG TIME AND READY FOR CHANGE.
Fast paced, performance centered, results oriented
Patient Account Representative I - Transplant (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free job enhancing classes
Cons: Compensation does not coincide with the level of work/performance expected.
A typical day at work is fast paced, performance and results centered, full of multitasking assignments; requires strong organizational and analytical skills.
Diverse, team oriented work environment
The hardest part of the job is overcoming with weak inter-departmental communication which is a major part of the work function.
Great Place to Work and Gain Experience
Senior Coder (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Hard to get in if you don't know anyone
Emory is a great place to work if you have little to no experience. Emory now offers hands on experience to employees who lack experience, they also now have their own coding school which is free to current employees. This is a great opportunity if you're interested in coding and want to gain coding knowledge free of charge. They also train in ICD-10.
needs advancement incintives
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: sense of family within the department
Cons: being disciplined for staying ona call too long despite situation on call
The hardest part of my job is to be able to adhere to the strict timeframes that management allocated for information to be exchanged via phone call triage. Unfortunately, some of the calls needed to be addressed with more time than allowed.
Starting point
Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
So much understaffing. Critical care was awesome but you felt overworked. And i'm a hard worker and don't complain much, but this was unrealistic and very unsafe.
Great Benefits, Poor Staff Morale
LPN Floor Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and skill experience
Cons: managers don't care about their staff
I love the experience I have at the Subacute rehab facility I work at. I have learned a lot and it keeps me on my toes plus I get a chance to constantly use my skills, My biggest issue is that the Administration dept and supervisors don't care that the overall staff morale has tanked a great deal in the past 3 years due to the fact that no one feels appreciated nor heard. A lot of feedback from the staff isn't recognized. I feel a work enviroment is a team effort and if the team works together no matter how small the job, then the team will not be successful. Dismissing your staffs opinions, suggestions and feedback, and expecting them to work under extreme stress is terrible. The constant negative behavior and complaining from some the supervisors takes its toll on the staff over time. Working the facility as a hospital but under nursing home criteria is hard work enough. There have been many days I would be in so much pain, in my back and feet and not have eaten or taken a break. My immediate supervisor never thought to ask if I once needed help instead complained about her own issues. There are ways to balance a stressful work enviroment and a happy staff. One way is to actually send the supervisors through a leadership course instead of assuming they know how to lead a group simply because of their degree. Another is actually understanding that some of the work is not realistic and CAN'T be done with quality in the amount of time given. The load should be spread evenly. But I have great medical coverage and perks which I love and like I said before I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world.
great work environment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
my typical day was very predictable, the atmosphere was nice, mangement was easy to talk to, i really liked the patient interactions
N/A
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 25, 2015
Emory is a great place to work! The culture and atmosphere is awesome. This company cares not only about their patients, but also their employees as well.
Loved it
Certified Nurse Technician II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
I can"t wait to start back at Emory healthcare,this was the best experience I have ever had,I was honored to work with and along the side of so many important people and awesome Doctor's and staff.
great place to work at..
Nurse Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: discounts on lunch, great benefits etc
love the enviornment. great show of teamwork, i feel same where i'm at. My Bosses are awesome. I learned more techniques that'll help me on the unit.
Great company
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee), Decatur, Ga.March 2, 2015
Management is amazing and the company has terrific benefits. Only complaint would be the lack of advancement opportunities, but that can be expected in any large corporation.
What a JOKE!
Internal Medicine Infusion Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement, vanpool/carpool, benefits
Cons: pay!
For Emory to be the best in medicine they suck in managing employees and retention within their clinics. Manangement rarely listens and the small amount that does has not real power to make any changes.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Organization is invested in the community
Good research based organization
Good co-workers
Productive workplace with great benefits
CNA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working for Emory. I would love to go back but in a different department
Productive and fun place to work
Manager Clinic Operations, Transplant (Former Employee), Transplant CenterJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great leadership
This was a fast paced section and I loved every bit of it. Meeting patients and their families, mentoring the staff and helping them reach their potential and working with great co-workers. We had a very strong leadership team.
Emory Healthcare
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: excellent work environment
Emory is an excellent place to work and is very family oriented.

I have nothing negative to report.

Excellent work environment