Emory University Employee Reviews

Flexible work enviroment
Administrative Assistant, Emory Temporary Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management; environment is stress free; management doesn't micro-manage employees; the temp assignment was rewarding
There is gyms and cafes,libraries and museums.
Building Service-Senior Custodian (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: A gift card at the end of the year and increase yearly.
Cons: We have shortbreaks and we have healthcare benifits.
My typical day at work is great i greet all my co-workers and my boss as i come in .I learned all the skills to do my job as well as to be a team leader.The management work well with me as i follow their instruction on projects, i get along well with my co-workers we work as a team.There is no hard part on my job,it is always interesting.The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the task completely with my team.
Productive place with grear expertise
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: great expertise
Cons: nothing
I learn t a lot with great mentors around . Was a learning experience working with top scientists. Discussion of ideas and work was always an asset.
Learning experience every day.
Level IV CCRN Neuronurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Learning experience every day
Cons: working with families of patients who were not expected to recover.
As ICU neuroscience nurse, CCRN, Level IV, gave direct care of critical neurological and neurosurgical patients. Managing patient with hemodynamic instability, respiratory management and critical neurological changes . Worked with all levels of Neurosurgical residents. Clincial education to unit nurses expected as a level IV nurse expected.
Awesome job and opportunity
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
Emory provides a great place for employees to grow and become educated in their field of work. They provide great leadership and provide many opportunities of growth.
n/a
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2015
Emory University is a great place to work. Employee retention is very important to Emory University. Most collogues I have encountered have been pleased with their position and Emory culture.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), decatur,georgiaJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with the students at this school. I learned a lot working this study. Very Informational. I am upset that it came to an end
Emory is an inspiring place to work
Financial Aid Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus, engaged faculty, staff and students.
Cons: some areas don't have enough staff to perform at peak efficiency
Being surrounded by people in research and teaching who are constantly expanding their minds is a real blessing. And the people of Emory from faculty right down to the "lowest" staff member, all seem to be aware of how they fit in the bigger picture. We are all part of what makes Emory unique.
Good Learning Environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMay 27, 2015
Great research hospital that fostered growth in your working area. I enjoyed the staff and learned alot from senior coordinators.
Lots of work to keep busy. Looking for more staff
Pre-Award Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Ability to be promoted
Cons: Short-staffed
Working at Emory University has been quite rewarding. I enjoy coming to work every day. My co-workers are as equally hardworking as I am. The team dynamic is great but the drawback is some employees don't think that they need to be accountable.
Productive and fun to place with people that wants to work.
Administrative Assistant for Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Doctors acknowledging you, my co-workers are team players
Cons: PTO time
A typical day a work for me is arriving on time and being ready to assist and perform my job duties. Everyday is a learning experience, my are my co-workers are team players and we work well together. The hardest part of my job is working too hard. The most enjoying part of my job is coming in and taking care my assigned duties, keeping customers and making the day go well with my team players.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great Opportunity for advancement
Cons: None
Great place, Great people and tremendous opportunities to interact with some of the most world renowned researcher. Terrific culture and extremely pleasant camps.
Productive Place
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta GAMay 4, 2015
Great place to work. I love working at this company. The Emory University community will always be close to my heart. Emory is a place were leadership looks after junior staff.
dont work for winship clinical trials office
clinical research coordinator-winship (Former Employee), Emory universityMay 1, 2015
Pros: the people you work with are awesome (ie. nurses, fellow coordinators, doctors, etc.)
Cons: pay, no work life balance
If you are looking a research position at winship, I would strongly advise you look the other way. Unless you are willing to get paid a little bit of money and work long days and nights (keep in mind you are salary with no overtime). If you only want the experience, you dont care about poor management, dont mind getting paid pennies and dont mind working your butt off, then this is the place for you.
Great Organization
Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this organization. Great people, great team! I learned a lot and people there were very nice!
nice staff and manager
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
very safe and nice work place and excellent education reimbursement. If you are staff, you can take free 4 credits any class you want every term.
Interesting place to work
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with Emory University. I learned a lot about the healthcare field from interacting with the all the physicians from varied backgrounds ranging from the residents to attending physicians.

Some of management practices within the Emory community is questionable but they are overall a great organization to work for.
Great environment!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Emory University is one of the top places in the country to conduct research in behavioral neuroscience. Wonderful group of people to work with, and every day is a new experience!
Very productive work place
guidance and counsel in the areas (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no spring break
I liked the work that I was able to do at Emory.

Emory's main campus is located in the suburban Atlanta neighborhood of Druid Hills. Please browse our Campus Tours page to see videos and images of the notable architecture and green spaces to enjoy here. You can read our Visitor's Guide online or download it before you arrive.

The campus is about a 15-minute drive from the downtown, midtown and Buckhead areas. Plan on at least 30 minutes by car from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. MARTA, Atlanta's mass transit system, operates regular bus service from several train stations near campus.

Emory encourages the use of alternative transportation, and operates an on-campus shuttle system called Cliff. Campus parking is tight, and regulations are strictly enforced. Visitor parking lots are designated in convenient locations. Please contact the Access, Disability Services, and Resources to arrange accommodations before your visit.

Emory encourages prospective students to visit campus and discover if the university is the right fit for them.
My work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
I love working for Emory University, however, management in this department could also use more training. My co-workers was awesome.