Emory University

Emory University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to place with people that wants to work.
Administrative Assistant for Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Doctors acknowledging you, my co-workers are team players
Cons: PTO time
A typical day a work for me is arriving on time and being ready to assist and perform my job duties. Everyday is a learning experience, my are my co-workers are team players and we work well together. The hardest part of my job is working too hard. The most enjoying part of my job is coming in and taking care my assigned duties, keeping customers and making the day go well with my team players.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great Opportunity for advancement
Cons: None
Great place, Great people and tremendous opportunities to interact with some of the most world renowned researcher. Terrific culture and extremely pleasant camps.
Productive Place
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta GAMay 4, 2015
Great place to work. I love working at this company. The Emory University community will always be close to my heart. Emory is a place were leadership looks after junior staff.
dont work for winship clinical trials office
clinical research coordinator-winship (Former Employee), Emory universityMay 1, 2015
Pros: the people you work with are awesome (ie. nurses, fellow coordinators, doctors, etc.)
Cons: pay, no work life balance
If you are looking a research position at winship, I would strongly advise you look the other way. Unless you are willing to get paid a little bit of money and work long days and nights (keep in mind you are salary with no overtime). If you only want the experience, you dont care about poor management, dont mind getting paid pennies and dont mind working your butt off, then this is the place for you.
Great Organization
Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this organization. Great people, great team! I learned a lot and people there were very nice!
nice staff and manager
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
very safe and nice work place and excellent education reimbursement. If you are staff, you can take free 4 credits any class you want every term.
Interesting place to work
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with Emory University. I learned a lot about the healthcare field from interacting with the all the physicians from varied backgrounds ranging from the residents to attending physicians.

Some of management practices within the Emory community is questionable but they are overall a great organization to work for.
Great environment!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Emory University is one of the top places in the country to conduct research in behavioral neuroscience. Wonderful group of people to work with, and every day is a new experience!
Very productive work place
guidance and counsel in the areas (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no spring break
I liked the work that I was able to do at Emory.

Emory's main campus is located in the suburban Atlanta neighborhood of Druid Hills. Please browse our Campus Tours page to see videos and images of the notable architecture and green spaces to enjoy here. You can read our Visitor's Guide online or download it before you arrive.

The campus is about a 15-minute drive from the downtown, midtown and Buckhead areas. Plan on at least 30 minutes by car from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. MARTA, Atlanta's mass transit system, operates regular bus service from several train stations near campus.

Emory encourages the use of alternative transportation, and operates an on-campus shuttle system called Cliff. Campus parking is tight, and regulations are strictly enforced. Visitor parking lots are designated in convenient locations. Please contact the Access, Disability Services, and Resources to arrange accommodations before your visit.

Emory encourages prospective students to visit campus and discover if the university is the right fit for them.
My work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
I love working for Emory University, however, management in this department could also use more training. My co-workers was awesome.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
I learn something new everyday as a Research Assistant. Being a grad student, the schedule is quite flexible. As long as you get the work done, it doesn't really matter where you work or at what time. It provides you with autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
Positive work environment
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: close proximity to downtown/ restauants and walking
Cons: parking and taking the shuttle
My role entails a lot of correspondence between internal and external partners. Organizational and communication skills are a must.
Good place to work for job security; slow-paced
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: job security, work-life balance
Cons: low compensation, not a lot of room for growth
Emory University (not Healthcare) is a great institution to work for in terms of job security, work-life balance, and easy of pace. A lot of people have been here for a long time and change doesn't come that quickly. Compensation is lower than working in the corporate sector and advancements usually come when someone leaves or retires, which is not that often. It's not a hard place to work and the pace of work is pretty laidback.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Working in a good environment with Knowledgable people.
Cons: Change in Climate
I am currently the Administrative Assistant to the Controller of Emory University. I am responsible for running a office of 15 Accountants, Financial Analyst and Financial Consultants. I maintain calendars, schedule meetings, order supplies, and any assignments given me.
Working within Higher Education has been a great experience.
Pay Sucks
Research Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free education for employees
Cons: money
The salary that most employees receive is a joke compared to the amount of money that Emory brings in. Its sad when you can go to a state school in Georgia and make almost double your salary as opposed to working at the Emory.
Place of learning
Clinical Research Coordinator, III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Emory University. I have worked with some of the best cancer research physicians in the world, and have learned so much from them. Everything I know is because I've had the best teachers available. I am very grateful to Emory for the knowledge that I've received here.

A typical day at work at Emory is very hectic. My workdays cannot be planned as they change within a moments notice. I'm running around all day seeing my patients, making sure all their labs are done and everything required by protocol is done. This is actually the best part of my job because I love the challenges that come on a daily basis.

I have the best co-workers. We laugh alot, which keeps us going in such stressful circumstances, however, we know when it's time to be serious.

The hardest part of my job is making sure that everyone else does their job. Example - schedulers actually schedule all the labs, CT's, etc., that I have ordered.
good research team
Information Analyst II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
• Conducted data cleaning, data management and analysis for the “Myocardial Infarction and Mental Stress (MIMS)” study using SAS 9.3.
• Integrate MIMS-1 and MIMS-2 research data.
Top tier research university.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Challenging and progressive working environment. Smart, dedicated employees. Good benefits. Compensation in line with other top universities. Beautiful campuses.
great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), atlantaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overnight work
Emory was a good company to work for a typical day at work setting up my supplies and cleaning restrooms and offices. the co-workers worked as a team to get thejob done.the hardest part of the job was working overnight.
Outstanding training Environment
PhD Candidate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Working at Emory is intellectually stimulating and personally very rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5