Emory University Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience!
Accounting Assistant, SR (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 26, 2016
Emory University is a great organization to work for. The salary scale is rather low for the area but the benefits and job security make up for the low pay. I enjoyed my 5 year employment with the University. The work/life balance was very fair. The Emory culture is awesome!
Friendly, growth and enjoyable
Clinical Finance Manager, Sr (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Emory has been my home for 16 years. It is a place where achievement is rewarded and hard work and dedication are praised.
Emory University continues to be inquiry-driven, ethically engaged, and a diverse community, whose members work collaboratively for positive transformation in healthcare management and accessibility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salaries are very low
You'll love the work, the salary, and the benefits
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
I loved working for Emory. Unfortunately during the time that I worked for them they did not have enough work for me to maintain my expenses. The rate of pay was great and the benefits, even, for me as a per diem employee were amazing. I would go back to Emory in a second.
Pros
Pay, Management, Rewarding Work.
Cons
Difficult to get in as a full time staff person
The hardest part of the job
Membership Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2015
The hardest part of the job was managing the office without sufficient assistance. A lot was involved from maintaining memberships, updating software, training staff, managing annual the conference, orchestrating all logistics for various trips for members, communicating with international management team, reconciling finances/budgets/profits, placing/mailing weekly orders, maintaining stocked products, filing, answering phones, and entering all fundraiser donations, attaching proper literature per level of membership, and maintaing office calendars of events.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not enough assistance within the company
Good Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 26, 2016
Not enough employees or assistance. Over worked and under paid. Raises were insufficient but great benefits. Average company. Same concerns with other medical facilities
Great culture
Human Resources Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
Provides stable employment, benefits are catered to employee needs. Believe in diversity and a great culture. Management provide support for growth and advancement.
Maintain Administration of all network
Network Administrative Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2015
Help Desk Field Service Trouble Calls via Rotation
Manages the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the organization's local area networks and wide area networks
Analyzes products and recommends use of new products and services to senior management
Manages LAN/WAN/remote access performance and security
Establishes and implements policies and procedures for LAN/WAN usage throughout the organization
Provides advice and assistance and serves as a key resource person to system and campus administrators concerning network services facilities
Identifies and coordinates most of the local campus network application services
Participates in strategic and long-range planning for campus network service
There is gyms and cafes,libraries and museums.
Building Service-Senior Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2015
My typical day at work is great i greet all my co-workers and my boss as i come in .I learned all the skills to do my job as well as to be a team leader.The management work well with me as i follow their instruction on projects, i get along well with my co-workers we work as a team.There is no hard part on my job,it is always interesting.The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the task completely with my team.
Pros
A gift card at the end of the year and increase yearly.
Cons
We have shortbreaks and we have healthcare benifits.
Excellent place to work.
Residency Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2016
Educational environment with many opportunities for advancement. Very busy position, working with 24 resident doctors in training and several physicians. Very detailed position.
Pros
Excellent overall environment
Cons
NA
great benefits no room for growth
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Benefits and job stability but no room for growth. Pay is very low unless your are a Degree employee. A lot of politics at this University .
Pros
Beautiful campus and great environment
Cons
low pay and little advancement
I learned amazing things at this location, that can never be taken from me
Surgical Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2016
Typical day is a coronary or a valve that may take an entire shift to complete due to training of Fellow's. Management changed over the course of my time here, but the one they have now I believe will take the department in a new direction as they bring younger people into the department for the culture to change with the advancement of medicine. Amazing surgeries that take place in this facility, so my learning was truly above and beyond! I always enjoy learning new things at work, so it was never a dull day. The hardest part was that as a strong employee, you get burnt out because the surgeons always want the most experienced in their room.
Pros
Excellent learning curve
Cons
Senior employees are not to keen with paying it forward
A great place to work
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
Emory University is a great place to work, I would recommend this company to anyone. Has great benefits and a progressive career path for employees.
benefits
Supportive colleagues and supervisor with excellent benefits
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Supervisor was very supportive and nurturing of his team members. He allowed professional and personal growth for team members. Colleagues help each other and value team work. Emory offers great benefits.
Good Starting Job
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2016
Great starting job or for a career change. The attrition rate at Emory is very low so the opportunity for advancement is limited.
Awesome projects and chill atmosphere
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2015
A typical day at work is very productive but still maintains a calm atmosphere. There is not a senior developer to guide us, but that only makes us better developers because we consult with each other and write great code. Management is nice, but HR could use some help. The best part of the job is knowing that you are making a huge impact on medical research so that doctors and graduates in the medical field can apply their medical expertise to better the healthcare system in Georgia and the world. It is a very fulfilling job.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Not many full time hires.
Total lack of leadership
Campus wide service technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2016
Started out as a great job. The longer I was there, it was obvious management had no clue as to what the position entailed. It anything done.
dont work for winship clinical trials office
clinical research coordinator-winship (Former Employee) –  Emory universityMay 1, 2015
If you are looking a research position at winship, I would strongly advise you look the other way. Unless you are willing to get paid a little bit of money and work long days and nights (keep in mind you are salary with no overtime). If you only want the experience, you dont care about poor management, dont mind getting paid pennies and dont mind working your butt off, then this is the place for you.
Pros
the people you work with are awesome (ie. nurses, fellow coordinators, doctors, etc.)
Cons
pay, no work life balance
Great Organization for networking
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2016
Great Organization for networking, creates flexible scheduling and okay work life. Can go back to school basically for free!
Flexible work schedule permitted
Research Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
I am seeking employment with the option of working remotely. Although some of Emory employees have a flexible work schedule, you still have to commute 5 days per week.
Pros
Excellent retirement benefits
Pathology Dept several Racial issues
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2016
Although I loved this position it was a very Racially motivated department minorities were treated very badly. I did like the position but everyday I was in fear of how I would be treated and if I would loose my job or not. Fortunately everyone in the Dept was not bad but I would say 90 percent were and most of those were people with power.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Not valued in the Dept. as white counterparts.