Emory University Employee Reviews

Great opportunity
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Highly recommend for graduates great opportunity for people who want to pursue graduate school or medical school. People are easy to work with and great mentors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Intern Applicant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
• Oversaw operations of Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• Developed and organized electronic matching system for recruitment of foreign and domestic medical school graduates for residency and fellowship training.
• Provided United States Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS) regulatory guidance for lawful entry and employment in the U.S.
Depends
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
There are a lot of learning opportunities. The place is very decentralized. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Productive and fun work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
The following are highlights of my skills and accomplishment:

• Lead a team of 2 designers to develop and implement the graphic, layout, and production research materials while helping clients cut their cost by an average of 10%.
• Oversaw the efficient use of production project budgets to increase department’s revenue by 50% within 5 years.
• Developed numerous marketing programs (logos, flyers, brochures, presentations and advertisements) that have improved client transactions by an average of 45%.
• Time Management Skills: Manage up to 10 projects or tasks at a given time while under pressure to meet strict daily deadlines
• Had one great hard working coworker where we assisted each other in completing project for our clients/customers
• There has not been any hard parts on the job I could not handle
• Most enjoyable part I was doing what loved to be doing
• Learned new printers operating systems, new media settings, and new software updates
Pros
Salaried position, stability, great benefits
Cons
Not knowing the unknown
Great place To work
Security Officer Sr (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Emory University is a great place to work. The interaction with college students is something that you will always remember. Watching the students enter there first year and to see them four years later how much they mature in those four years is like watching your children grow up.
Na
Executive Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
I had the opportunity to serve in several specialties: Cardiology, Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, and Geriatrics. I learned a great deal from various departments and had an opportunity to plan budgets, proposals and work with outstanding physicians on financial planning for their various clinical endeavors.
friendly, productive environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
The work place was flexible and I was able to learn a lot. The structure was very organized. My coworkers were helpful and supportive.
Productive but challenging
Supervisor/ Building and Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2017
* Very busy and fast pace serving staff, customers and buildings.
* Customer Service, different supervisor training courses, CPR Ect.
* How to build an effective team and more
* I worked effectively with co-workers, peers, customers, staff members and leadership.
* Trusting upper management
*Serving my staff members and customers
Pros
Great benefit packet
Cons
Work Life balance was effected under new management
all in all. good place to work.
Transporter Attendant, Cardiology Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2016
Emory is a decent place to work and I do recommend it to anybody who is about their job and don't play around. I have been here for two and a half years now and for the most part i still enjoy it. Most people that i come in contact with are pleasant, welcoming, and helpful.

co-workers are mature and do their job, for the most part. better open door policy.
Recommend for all experience levels
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2016
Great plAce to start or continue to grow your career. Job security; room for growth both professionally and personally - multiple campuses for inpatient and outpatient care
Good student job
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
As an employee at the Woodpec, I helped students and faculty with gym access. I also helped them with directions and would be asked to assist with special events when needed.
Friendly environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and always ready to help you.
The challenges keep you improving yourself all the time.
My supervisor gives me a lot of freedom in the data-mining and always provides me with any help to identify a research topic.
Truly hate my contract ended
Pediatric Social Worker/ Mental Health Provider (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
OMG I miss my Job with Emory. They offer the best benefit package with matching on your 401k with 6.9% match, plus a guaranteed raise each year for performance and cost of living. the best medical benefit package ever, they covered my fertility treatments. I absolutely loved my Medical Director. I can't say enough positive things except if you get in make sure you stay in.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
If you do contract work you are not guaranteed a replacement job.
great minds saving lives
Administrative Assistant Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2016
great doctors, great family work balance, very flexible with work time. great start for a person entering job force straight out of college
Great people and benefits. Pay scale well below acceptable.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 11, 2016
Good benefits and good people. Some zones are laid back and a pleasure to work in. The housing zone is not one!

The bad, do not pay enough to live within 25 miles of campus. The pay rise goes to those in the crony system and the rest of us do not even get a COLA. The rise is always less than the rise is benefits, parking and inflation whilst management hands out fat bonuses to themselves.

Highly political environment with a lack of respect for veterans, usually by those who have never served.

I've been there many years and still don't have a full set of uniforms.

Technologically challenged management has us carrying a 10 lb walkie talkie from the 70s, a flip phone, our personal phone and defunct ipads whilst trying to perform maintenance. I feel like I am wearing a batman belt and trying to work without throwing out a hip or my back from the weight of the walkie talkie alone.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Pay, politics
Great Benefits/Bad Management
Customer Service Representative, Sr/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 10, 2016
Working for Emory University is great depending on the department you are working for. The benefits were very good and the University was good at acknowledging your accomplishments. However, some management teams can be uncaring, play favoritism when enforcing company policies and non communicative with department changes that affect your role within the department. Working with the staff and students can be a challenge but the diverse environment leaves plenty of room to create new friendships and partnerships across the campus.
Pros
Annual Performance Increases, Paid Holidays
Abundant learning oppertunities
Teacher Assistant/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
A great opportunity for me to learn more about data science. As a teacher assistant, I had great professors that were great mentors for me.
very proud to work here
Senior Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2016
I highly respect the leadership.
Opportunities to advance.
Each academic school has own sub-culture
Attracts world class talent and events
Very diverse work environment
Pros
advancement, work culture
Cons
no career path system
This was a great company
Trades Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2016
This was my very first job I learned a lot from this job. I had good co-workers and managers.the mose enjoyable part was being able to lead the crew
Pros
great experience
Great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 18, 2016
A normal day consist of opening/closing office, ordering/stocking merchandise, setting schedules, assisting employees/customers, extracting DNA and white blood cells.
Pros
Beautiful and a more peaceful environment.
Cons
Food at the cafeteria cost a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory University. Our community is ready to answer.