Emory University

Emory University United States Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with Emory University. I learned a lot about the healthcare field from interacting with the all the physicians from varied backgrounds ranging from the residents to attending physicians.

Some of management practices within the Emory community is questionable but they are overall a great organization to work for.
Great environment!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Emory University is one of the top places in the country to conduct research in behavioral neuroscience. Wonderful group of people to work with, and every day is a new experience!
Very productive work place
guidance and counsel in the areas (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no spring break
I liked the work that I was able to do at Emory.

Emory's main campus is located in the suburban Atlanta neighborhood of Druid Hills. Please browse our Campus Tours page to see videos and images of the notable architecture and green spaces to enjoy here. You can read our Visitor's Guide online or download it before you arrive.

The campus is about a 15-minute drive from the downtown, midtown and Buckhead areas. Plan on at least 30 minutes by car from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. MARTA, Atlanta's mass transit system, operates regular bus service from several train stations near campus.

Emory encourages the use of alternative transportation, and operates an on-campus shuttle system called Cliff. Campus parking is tight, and regulations are strictly enforced. Visitor parking lots are designated in convenient locations. Please contact the Access, Disability Services, and Resources to arrange accommodations before your visit.

Emory encourages prospective students to visit campus and discover if the university is the right fit for them.
My work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
I love working for Emory University, however, management in this department could also use more training. My co-workers was awesome.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
I learn something new everyday as a Research Assistant. Being a grad student, the schedule is quite flexible. As long as you get the work done, it doesn't really matter where you work or at what time. It provides you with autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
Positive work environment
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: close proximity to downtown/ restauants and walking
Cons: parking and taking the shuttle
My role entails a lot of correspondence between internal and external partners. Organizational and communication skills are a must.
Good place to work for job security; slow-paced
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: job security, work-life balance
Cons: low compensation, not a lot of room for growth
Emory University (not Healthcare) is a great institution to work for in terms of job security, work-life balance, and easy of pace. A lot of people have been here for a long time and change doesn't come that quickly. Compensation is lower than working in the corporate sector and advancements usually come when someone leaves or retires, which is not that often. It's not a hard place to work and the pace of work is pretty laidback.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Working in a good environment with Knowledgable people.
Cons: Change in Climate
I am currently the Administrative Assistant to the Controller of Emory University. I am responsible for running a office of 15 Accountants, Financial Analyst and Financial Consultants. I maintain calendars, schedule meetings, order supplies, and any assignments given me.
Working within Higher Education has been a great experience.
Pay Sucks
Research Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free education for employees
Cons: money
The salary that most employees receive is a joke compared to the amount of money that Emory brings in. Its sad when you can go to a state school in Georgia and make almost double your salary as opposed to working at the Emory.
Place of learning
Clinical Research Coordinator, III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Emory University. I have worked with some of the best cancer research physicians in the world, and have learned so much from them. Everything I know is because I've had the best teachers available. I am very grateful to Emory for the knowledge that I've received here.

A typical day at work at Emory is very hectic. My workdays cannot be planned as they change within a moments notice. I'm running around all day seeing my patients, making sure all their labs are done and everything required by protocol is done. This is actually the best part of my job because I love the challenges that come on a daily basis.

I have the best co-workers. We laugh alot, which keeps us going in such stressful circumstances, however, we know when it's time to be serious.

The hardest part of my job is making sure that everyone else does their job. Example - schedulers actually schedule all the labs, CT's, etc., that I have ordered.
good research team
Information Analyst II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
• Conducted data cleaning, data management and analysis for the “Myocardial Infarction and Mental Stress (MIMS)” study using SAS 9.3.
• Integrate MIMS-1 and MIMS-2 research data.
Top tier research university.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Challenging and progressive working environment. Smart, dedicated employees. Good benefits. Compensation in line with other top universities. Beautiful campuses.
great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), atlantaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overnight work
Emory was a good company to work for a typical day at work setting up my supplies and cleaning restrooms and offices. the co-workers worked as a team to get thejob done.the hardest part of the job was working overnight.
Outstanding training Environment
PhD Candidate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Working at Emory is intellectually stimulating and personally very rewarding.
Nice place to work and great place to learn
Clinical Research Coordinator Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: education for job position is abundant
Cons: benefits could be better
Great place to learn or expand your knowledge in the field of your choice. Great ppl to work with and be around. I'd recommend the Emory to anyone.
Productive and calm workplace.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Set up for the day. Greeted people helped them with what they need and cleaned up for the day. I learned how to interact with different personalities and not take many thing to heart and task.
Recommend
Freelance Writer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: logistics
Excellent staff and environment. Compelling work. Resources plentiful.
High level research environment and wonderful place to learn and work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2014
Good place with friendly people around to work. Has good infrastructure.
Great Place to Work
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
Lots of resources. Friendly co-workers. Helpful staff. Driving around was a little congested. I would be happy to work here again.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Current Employee), GAOctober 25, 2014
I truly enjoy working aat Emory University it is a great experience to be part of a team and to learn different things, my coworkers are great also my manager

1 2 3 4 5