Emory University Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Emory University is a great company to work for.
Emory's goal is to have shared and individual responsibility, practice confidentiality, for each person to focus on one common goal to make the workplace a better workplace each and everyday.
Very Good
Emory University (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 26, 2016
A great company to work for great supervisors come wit good pay as well as great co workers. I learned how to prepare projects and work well with teams.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Excellent services to students and employees. It is easy to collaborate with others and improve your school performance. Most fellow teaching assistant employees are happy with the environment.
Supportive colleagues and supervisor with excellent benefits
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Supervisor was very supportive and nurturing of his team members. He allowed professional and personal growth for team members. Colleagues help each other and value team work. Emory offers great benefits.
Interesting place to work
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2015
The lab I worked in was clearly making significant discoveries, and I was happy to be a part of that. The co workers were very supportive and taught me a lot, enabling me to broaden my skillset. Hardest part was the hours.
Friendly, growth and enjoyable
Clinical Finance Manager, Sr (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Emory has been my home for 16 years. It is a place where achievement is rewarded and hard work and dedication are praised.
Emory University continues to be inquiry-driven, ethically engaged, and a diverse community, whose members work collaboratively for positive transformation in healthcare management and accessibility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salaries are very low
Diverse Workplace
Program Review & Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2015
Great environment that embraces new opportunity for students to sharp their skills. I am personally developing my team-playing skills
Not that good
Sr Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2015
This job pays well but its difficult to hold on to the y are making it really easy for you to lose your job and also there is a lot of favoritism they give ppl they like a little work with almost mo supervision and give ppl that they dont lke a lot of work and try to force them out the door
Pros
money
Cons
too much favortism
Maintain Administration of all network
Network Administrative Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2015
Help Desk Field Service Trouble Calls via Rotation
Manages the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the organization's local area networks and wide area networks
Analyzes products and recommends use of new products and services to senior management
Manages LAN/WAN/remote access performance and security
Establishes and implements policies and procedures for LAN/WAN usage throughout the organization
Provides advice and assistance and serves as a key resource person to system and campus administrators concerning network services facilities
Identifies and coordinates most of the local campus network application services
Participates in strategic and long-range planning for campus network service
instructor
Writing Program Fellow (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2015
A lot of smart people and a lot of money
Not a lot of coherent organization at the mid and lower levels.
There is likely to be problems there in the near future because students are dissatisfied and so are many employees.

Want to know more about Emory University?

Ask a question
Productive research university with potential for growth
Supervisor Research Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2015
Fun and enjoyable work place. Tons of red tape and bureaucracy that often hinder promotions and job growth. could be better in this aspect.
Great Company to Work For
Communications Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2015
The benefits are amazing, plus the atmosphere is really warm and inviting! Lots of perks and freebies... the integrity of the company is wonderful and my department lucked up and moved to a location with free parking!
I
Animal Care Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2015
This was a a job Opportunity That I really enjoyed and that had room for advancement. It was an amazing experience something that I wish I could have continued to do ..For the short amount of time i was there I enjoyed it.
Pros
Great Because I love Animals
Cons
Experiments
Flexible work schedule permitted
Research Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
I am seeking employment with the option of working remotely. Although some of Emory employees have a flexible work schedule, you still have to commute 5 days per week.
Pros
Excellent retirement benefits
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2015
Emory is great. Good work-life balance. Ability to work independently without being micromanaged. Great environment.
A great place to work
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
Emory University is a great place to work, I would recommend this company to anyone. Has great benefits and a progressive career path for employees.
benefits
Awesome projects and chill atmosphere
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2015
A typical day at work is very productive but still maintains a calm atmosphere. There is not a senior developer to guide us, but that only makes us better developers because we consult with each other and write great code. Management is nice, but HR could use some help. The best part of the job is knowing that you are making a huge impact on medical research so that doctors and graduates in the medical field can apply their medical expertise to better the healthcare system in Georgia and the world. It is a very fulfilling job.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Not many full time hires.
Productive and Fun working place
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2015
Emory University resides within the 25 colleges all over the world. The Technology department is on the cutting edge of technology. They are a decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected from any company. The most enjoyable time at the workplace is spending time with colleagues and learning on a daily basis from each other.
Great culture
Human Resources Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
Provides stable employment, benefits are catered to employee needs. Believe in diversity and a great culture. Management provide support for growth and advancement.
Very good company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2015
I really liked working at Emory University. I learned so much and I was able to save our doctor's a lot of money. I was able to get 3 awards for outstanding customer service.
Pros
Nice lunches
Cons
Healthcare