Emory University

Emory University Employer Reviews

good research team
Information Analyst II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
• Conducted data cleaning, data management and analysis for the “Myocardial Infarction and Mental Stress (MIMS)” study using SAS 9.3.
• Integrate MIMS-1 and MIMS-2 research data.
Top tier research university.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Challenging and progressive working environment. Smart, dedicated employees. Good benefits. Compensation in line with other top universities. Beautiful campuses.
great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), atlantaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overnight work
Emory was a good company to work for a typical day at work setting up my supplies and cleaning restrooms and offices. the co-workers worked as a team to get thejob done.the hardest part of the job was working overnight.
Outstanding training Environment
PhD Candidate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Working at Emory is intellectually stimulating and personally very rewarding.
Nice place to work and great place to learn
Clinical Research Coordinator Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: education for job position is abundant
Cons: benefits could be better
Great place to learn or expand your knowledge in the field of your choice. Great ppl to work with and be around. I'd recommend the Emory to anyone.
Productive and calm workplace.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Set up for the day. Greeted people helped them with what they need and cleaned up for the day. I learned how to interact with different personalities and not take many thing to heart and task.
Recommend
Freelance Writer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: logistics
Excellent staff and environment. Compelling work. Resources plentiful.
High level research environment and wonderful place to learn and work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2014
Good place with friendly people around to work. Has good infrastructure.
Great Place to Work
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
Lots of resources. Friendly co-workers. Helpful staff. Driving around was a little congested. I would be happy to work here again.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Current Employee), GAOctober 25, 2014
I truly enjoy working aat Emory University it is a great experience to be part of a team and to learn different things, my coworkers are great also my manager
Productive and collaborative space
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
This school is academically rigorous, collaborative and productive. My co-workers and boss are very friendly.
Emory hired me under false pretenses
Painter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and fellow employees
Cons: management staff less than honest
I was told upon job offer that there were no permanent positions available; I was then asked if I would consider working as a temp until fulltime permanent position was available. Not true at all the had no intentions on hiring me as a permanent employee all that wanted was to create the vision of future employment all the while keep me as a temp with no benefits and less hourly pay.
did research here
Lab Assistant to Dr. Elizabeth Buffalo (Former Employee), atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2014
I never worked here. I just did volunteer research for college.
Productive and hard working environment
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: dufficulty advancing to a higher position
Difficult to advance due to most employees staying in their positions 25 + years or until retirement. Due to the benefits provided by Emory, I was given the opportunity to go back to school and obtain a BS and MBA degree. The most enjoyable aspect of working at Emory was the friendships I made and the people I worked with.
Worst Mistake of my life was leaving this Company
Sr. Secretary, Graduate Medical Education (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2014
This was the best place in the world to work. Now its hard for me to get back into. I LOVED THIS PLACE.
Learned a variety of skills in different fields.
Senior Research Associate/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: was able to learn ms access, project, and visio.
Cons: the job did not have set breaks. we did have breaks, however they were taken once work was complete.
I learned about SaaS, ITaaS, Basic Science, Clinical Research, Workflow Automation, Budgeting, and Technical Writing.
Fun and busy workplace
Food Service/ Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta gaSeptember 12, 2014
It was a joy working at Fletcher's Bar and Grill I've known the owner when he had his first business in Decatur Ga named "Al's Pizza" (Best Wings Ever). I have learned to build my customer service skills as well as Management skills working in an environment that has a bar. I have worked around many different people and personalities. Instead of getting upset I take what i experience and turn into positive. I am a people person with a genuine and loving spirit. Not only do I work but i also inspire others throughout my day. As far as the hardest part of the job, there wasn't anything hard. I believe as long a you do your job and well nothing is ever hard. I love working with people, I love to observe, learn and teach. I moved to Emory for to better my experience. I have learned a lot and very eager to learn more.
Productive and stress free environment to work in.
Research Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2014
Supervisors don't engage in micro management and I like that about my job.
Always room for learning and advancement
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: weekly meeting
Emory is a great place to start a career in the medical field. I got a job as a Phlebtomist and was allowed to learn about the clinical research practices. Dr. Greg Martin is my boss and a great teacher, professor, and doctor.
The reseach group allowed me to work a modified schedule to go back to school, also i was offered to stay on for other research projects.

" Go Emory"!!!
too many lies
Lighting Technician (Former Employee), atlanta, gaAugust 12, 2014
I go in either night or morning I retrofit install run wire to various types of lighting fixtures
running pipe and working through adversity
bad management
good co-workers get along well and work well together
when a lift cannot reach a area that needs to be done to complete a task
going in and having a good productive day with my co-workers

1 2 3 4 5