- Design web projects from concept to completion. Make use of Angular, HTML5 and backend DB technology to create unified single page app experiences.
- Design a restful web API to exchange data with partners. Develop code to be testable, understand how design fault tolerance into a restful service and how to architect a databases to avoid scalability issues.
You are a motivated, creative-minded team player that will bring real-world experience and a world-class education to a growing startup. You thrive in the fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing environment and excitement that a startup brings (the good, the bad, and the ugly). You are comfortable with having to adapt to changing circumstances and are excited to roll-up your sleeves and create something new. You aren’t above doing the little things, but aim to make a difference in solving the big problems. EC2, nosql, mysql, python, linux, REST, and continuous integration aren’t buzzwords to you but the basic building blocks that make you thrive.
Please note this is a local job in San Diego, Emotient is not currently accepting applicants who wish to work remotely.
- Full stack development for Emotient’s flagship cloud based product, Emotient Analytics.
- Be an integral part of a hyper-productive Scrum team.
- Create meaningful technical designs, deliver high quality code.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with full stack development in a cloud environment.
- Advance Python or Ruby developer
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, Jquery and CSS
- Familiar with single page app technologies (Angular)
- Experience developing and using RESTful web services.
- Familiar with distribution and scalability best practices for cloud deployments
- Familiar with Git and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with or desire to learn Java and Scala a plus
- Comfortable working in relational databases and NoSQL databases and understand the appropriate use cases for either
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cognitive Science or equivalent field.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance from Day One
- 401(k) from Day One
- Free access to onsite gym
- Walking distance to UTC
- Learn about the intricacies of a startup from the inside
- Employee Referral Bonuses
Emotient is the leading authority on expression sentiment analysis technologies that are enabling a future of emotion aware computing. Gartner has just named us as one of the top Cool Vendors of 2014 ( http://www.emotient.com/blog/emotient-named-cool-vendor-leading-analyst-firm-gartner ). Visit http://www.emotient.com to read more about some of the cutting edge work we are doing.
Individuals seeking employment at Emotient are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.