Empire BlueCross BlueShield

Empire BlueCross BlueShield Employer Reviews

This is a good company to learn the healthcare insurance field.
Utilization Management Rep I / Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 19, 2013
Cons: assembly line work flow.
This is a good company to learn the healthcare insurance field. There is a process and procedure for all work flow of the Medical Management Appeals process.
Insurance Billing/Claims
Medical Records Clerk, Medical Billing/Coding (Former Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: pto and flexibility, overtime
Cons: short breaks, not enough hands on training
Trained on billing system, learned to review claims, training and knowledge of HCPCS, UB04, HCFA, CPT & ICD9 codes, modifiers, EOB's.
Productive and relaxed
Agency Service Representative II (Current Employee), Melville, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: quaterly incentives & early departures
Cons: fifiteen minute break for the entire day including bathroom break after a 45 minute lunch
The day is pretty smooth, unless there is a high call volume.
The manangement is great
changed for the worse after going public
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 11, 2012
Pros: casual summer: shorts ok between memorial day and labor day
Cons: went to the "dark side" of corporate america
Before going public, Empire was a lot of fun: there was flex time, funny contests, good sense of teamwork, and everyone seemed generally happy. As a claims examiner, I had access to my team's auditor and could analyze claims as she would. This allowed for 100% quality from me in my first quarter.
After going public, the focus changed to the profit margin, – more... and it became a misery working there. I no longer had access to my auditor, as they were all sequestered into an independent department, and the new auditor had no idea how my team's account worked. I still don't like how things ended with them, but they left me no choice. – less