Empire City Casino Employee Reviews

Nice place depending on the crowd staff and management get along
Beverage Porter/Barback (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Fast place work environment. If you like night life it good but sometime its slow and the customer can be a handful.. you have to be a unique person to be working over 3 years...
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Poor benefits package
Cage Cashier
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 21, 2016
Cash out the winner's tickets whom won money at the casino. balance my register at the end of shift. Walked the floors if customers needed change or help.
Pros
great experience awesome staff
Cons
Great atmosphere vibrant with great employees
Cook ∙ Counterperson ∙ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 31, 2016
There's always something to do on any given day. I've learned fast on how to deal with difficult customers, who have either lost their money or had too much to drink. Management is great. If you have problems and need days off the work with you. My co-workers are hard workers and team players. The hardest part of the job is as much as you do it still seems there is more to do after your hours are done. I enjoy everything about the job, mainly seeing the smiles of the customers that I've helped at no cost.
Pros
Free lunch, employee dining room with 3 52' tv's, soft chairs
Cons
Health care to expensive, I work in the freezer
Surveillance Investigator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 3, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for and beside a great group of Co-workers. It was a fast paced position that required multi tasking on a consistent basis.
Cons
No breaks
It's alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 5, 2016
It's a cool place to work . It feels like high school all over again working there . The pay is not too great but people stay there for years
valet parking review
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 25, 2016
a typical day at work consists of clocking in to start the day then either bring up a car to the customer or to bring down a customers car. being with my co workers is fun because everyone gets along we joke and laugh all the time its fun. what i have learned? i have learned how to drive manual transmissions and to drive a variety of different cars. management is OK they are nice people to work with as long as you do what you are told to do, if not obviously they would be mad at you for the unnecessary reasons, manager will force you to work extra hours or even days you are not scheduled to work without asking if you can work. my co workers are great to be around some are hilarious and funny. the hardest part of the job is when the supervisors make the job difficult. they do this by not letting us get pick ups when there are customers waiting for there cars. the most enjoyable part is driving manual transmissions or nice cars and just being with co workers.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks and we get taxed on our tips
empire city casino
Income Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Easy to learn work but can get a little upset by peoples attitudes and behavior towards one another and work. there is no room to grow and the pay is horrible. you have to work weekends and their is a lot of conflict between work and personal lives.
Horrible management and no room for advancement
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 8, 2015
Pretty good group to work with except for management who are very obtuse and abusive. Opportunity for advancement lingers above your head but always out of reach, so no real chance to grow. Decent pay and good benefits for full-timers. HR is a joke and so is the union. Hour breaks only when the feel like it, usually they break it down to 15 and 30 minute intervals just to drive you nuts. Not a career job unless your ready to pucker up and kiss some serious butt, like forever.
Pros
decent pay, steady schedule, free soda
Cons
breaks are a nightmare, most management is repulsive
I work here to help pay foer school and help my famliy
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 14, 2015
I love working with the people are work with. But through my years here I started to see how unorganized this place really is. Its a great place for a college student to make money and help payoff loans. But other than this I work here to pay for school and help my family.
Pros
the money is good
Cons
management is not good
Busy workplace
Machine technician (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Descent workplace with pretty good management. Many wild customers that bet, but not bad to work with. Machines on each floor for gamblers to play the horses.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Entertaining work environment
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 22, 2014
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday were always jam packed and very busy. As a busboy my job was to make sure we had enough clean utensils to last until the end of the shift. Greet and sit customers, get the appetizers and drinks, and introduce the waiter/waitress. Set tables, clear off tables.
I learned a lot about customer service and how to treat people that are possible candidates for tipping. I also learned how to keep track of 15 tables at once
The hardest part of the job was making sure u remembered every tables requests. One table forgotten is money lost.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with customers and joke around. As well as the tips
Pros
tips
Cons
short breaks
Never a dull Moment
Hot Foods Production Chef/Saucier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 30, 2015
Exciting place to work. Had a great staff and upper management was extremely supportive of all employees. Encouraged personal growth and promoted from within.
High energy place to work
Promotions Booth Representative (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 12, 2014
Every day at work varies,I learned a little bit of different languages,my management and co workers all treat each other like family which I love.The hardest part of the job is dealing with different types of attitudes from customers but patience is key also it is fun at the same time meeting new people every day and establishing relationships with the regular customers who come to the casino on a daily basis.
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Interesting place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  yonkers nyJune 16, 2014
My day consisted of counting endless amounts of money. Most importantly than that customer service. i learned patience and responsibility.The management is very caring and will do almost anything to insure that the staff has the conditions they need to work. The coworkers were good people. Friendly and reliable. The hardest part of my job was insuring that i meant all guidelines. The best thing about this job was the ability to interact with others as well as enjoy the job.
Pros
excellent pay, hour lunches, safety.
Cons
variance list
Could be a Great job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 2, 2014
working here could be great but there is a real lack of care for your personal life, the job is 365 including all holidays in which you can not have off or switch your shift for so if you have kids forget it. there are way too many bosses like the saying goes too many chiefs not enough indians. the drama and mix of so many personalities makes it feel like high school all over again.
Pros
good pay and good benefits 401k
Cons
no care for human life, no holidays off, bad hours
Stressfull
CAGE CASHIER (Current Employee) –  YONKERS NYJune 16, 2014
I have learn to be careful while Im paying someone out..I have to have great customer service..My co-workers are great to work with I have learn to deal with each and everyone..The hardest part of this job is making sure that Im zero at the end of the night..What I like the most about my job is that Im with alot of people and I get to help them out if they need any type of help
Pros
I HAVE TO PAY FOR FOOD
Cons
WE GET AN HOUR BREAK
Great so far
Parking (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Have only been here a month and I must say I love it! Managers are polite and nice coworkers are cool it's like working with a big family we look out for each other, well at least in my department. It's a wonderful company so far I love what I do here and I couldn't ask for a better job pay is okay since I rely mostly on tips but its a great job I love it
Pros
Cheap food, free coffee, free soda, great breaks
Great Learning Experience
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 10, 2015
Ive learned a lot from empire city casino and Im ready to further my career and learn more from great chefs.
I closed the restaurant on a daily bases and managed over 30+
employees during busy dinner services for over 400 guest.
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Horrible work environment. Manager's don't care about you and they are write up happy! HR sucks! When you bring something to their attention and complain about something you end up in trouble and have warnings in your file.
Pros
Good Medical Benefit costs
Cons
Terrible Pay, horrible Management
Quick and very fast pace
Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 25, 2013
We start role call and get told our assignments. Then proceed to the Drop or Post depending on our situation, Being a Peace Officer I've learned more about compassion, I meet interesting people everyday and learn to deal with conditions in many ways. Being our own department our management is the best. We get treated with the utmost respect and dignity, get complimented of good work ethics. We have a family atmosphere with each other, we can always depend that we have each others back in case of an emergency. There really isn't a hard part, I would say that when the day seems to drag that's the only bad thing. The most enjoyable thing is going to work everyday and seeing co-workers and the patrons, after building a repour with patrons it makes it a better day
Pros
unity and respect between officers and co-workers as well as the patrons
Cons
working part time, other then that there are no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire City Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Empire City Casino Reviews by Location