Empire City Casino

Empire City Casino United States Employee Reviews

always driving
driver helper (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 17, 2015
enjoy driving around. job was only a seasonal position for about 3month. droved to many different location. the driver was a good guy i had lots of fun.
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good medical benefit costs
Cons: terrible pay, horrible management
Horrible work environment. Manager's don't care about you and they are write up happy! HR sucks! When you bring something to their attention and complain about something you end up in trouble and have warnings in your file.
Productive Work Environment
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 22, 2015
The work environment is a decent one. However, the management is horrible and they don't give a decent hourly wage for a very very well established casino.
Good job
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 18, 2015
An excellent position but there is no room for advancement. I have learned a lot about surveillance and casino settings.
busy place to work
Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: breaks only when not to busy
very hectic place casino floor,every month different shift managing one hundred or more employees doing payroll, attendance, vacations job performance evaluations etc
Overworked and underpaid
Security (Former Employee), Yonkers New YorkNovember 28, 2014
they start you with $12 per hour Your unarmed doing money escorts no thanks very unsafe
terrible place to work en make money
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 21, 2014
worse place to work I mean by bad experience lowe class place
Entertaining work environment
Busboy (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: short breaks
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday were always jam packed and very busy. As a busboy my job was to make sure we had enough clean utensils to last until the end of the shift. Greet and sit customers, get the appetizers and drinks, and introduce the waiter/waitress. Set tables, clear off tables.
I learned a lot about customer service and how to treat people that are possible candidates for tipping. I also learned how to keep track of 15 tables at once
The hardest part of the job was making sure u remembered every tables requests. One table forgotten is money lost.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with customers and joke around. As well as the tips
Productive and busy working environment
Revenue Audit Accountant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Productive work environment with alot of room for growth and Management was always willing to assist whenever they were needed.
HIGH ENERGY PLACE TO WORK
Promotions Booth Representative (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly work place
EVERY DAY AT WORK VARIES,I LEARNED A LITTLE BIT OF DIFFERENT LANGUAGES,MY MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS ALL TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE FAMILY WHICH I LOVE.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS DEALING WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF ATTITUDES FROM CUSTOMERS BUT PATIENCE IS KEY ALSO IT IS FUN AT THE SAME TIME MEETING NEW PEOPLE EVERY DAY AND ESTABLISHING RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE REGULAR CUSTOMERS WHO COME TO THE CASINO ON A DAILY BASIS.
Interesting place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), yonkers nyJune 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, hour lunches, safety.
Cons: variance list
My day consisted of counting endless amounts of money. Most importantly than that customer service. i learned patience and responsibility.The management is very caring and will do almost anything to insure that the staff has the conditions they need to work. The coworkers were good people. Friendly and reliable. The hardest part of my job was insuring that i meant all guidelines. The best thing about this job was the ability to interact with others as well as enjoy the job.
STRESSFULL
CAGE CASHIER (Current Employee), YONKERS NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: i have to pay for food
Cons: we get an hour break
I HAVE LEARN TO BE CAREFUL WHILE IM PAYING SOMEONE OUT..I HAVE TO HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE..MY CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH I HAVE LEARN TO DEAL WITH EACH AND EVERYONE..THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS MAKING SURE THAT IM ZERO AT THE END OF THE NIGHT..WHAT I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT MY JOB IS THAT IM WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE AND I GET TO HELP THEM OUT IF THEY NEED ANY TYPE OF HELP
Average
Chief Steward (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMay 23, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: upper managment
Hard part was running a staff 48 and running the whole casinos dishwasher and porters. Staff was great so was the people. i learned lots of how to Manage a large property.
Fun place to work at
Peace Officer (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Fun fast paced job. A lot of customers and a lot of employees. This is a good job, some people can make a career out of it.
PRODUCTIVE AND EXCITING WORKPLACE
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Observed casino operations for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment.
Could be a Great job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay and good benefits 401k
Cons: no care for human life, no holidays off, bad hours
working here could be great but there is a real lack of care for your personal life, the job is 365 including all holidays in which you can not have off or switch your shift for so if you have kids forget it. there are way too many bosses like the saying goes too many chiefs not enough indians. the drama and mix of so many personalities makes it feel like high school all over again.
Exciting workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: pay, breaks, area, workplace
Cons: manager
My typical day I would clock in have a group meeting on who will be cleaning what areas, this job was more kept to myself not much communication and my manager was always to busy to speak, it is a casino.
Casino
Waitress (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 19, 2013
Typical casino crowd of more mature guest. The days were long but that is just the life of a waitress.
have alot of fun
gaming dealer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free lurch
Cons: long breaks
I think have a lot of fun I like to work this job if I get hire I will come to work on time perform good on the job
Busy atmosphere
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: healthcare and ot
Cons: no work life balance and expect to be criticized a lot.
The Surveillance dept. is a tough department to work in. You have no personal space, you cant socialize and you are micro managed. You can't even get away for a lunch break. Stay away

Empire City Casino Salaries