Empire City Casino Employee Reviews

Poor Management/Policy Following
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 5, 2017
If you would like to get a job here, the one thing you need to know is that the first year, you do not receive any sick or vacation days. So what happens is if you get sick or have an emergency, etc, you call out, you're done. At the same time, they play favorites in the workplace. This is unprofessional and unstable. Overall, the work condiftions are not worth it. The pay was decent and the hours were good, but in my experience I was told I'd work a certain schedule and got switched around within the same month.
Pros
Decent pay, set/consistent hours
Cons
Bad absence policies, favoritism
great first time job
VGM Attendant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 20, 2017
Great first time because it will teach you great customer service skills. On the other hand the job isn't for everyone can be high stress at times. Sometimes you will have to explain certain things to a guest and they might not understand so they can be very hostile and rude/disrespectful toward you because your dealing with someones money and the guest thinks they are being scammed out of there money but the real reason is becasue they have made a mistake when playing the lottery machine. But if you can learn to put all that to the side the job can be a career. It offers (401k with match) healthcare, dental, eyecare.
Pros
tips
Cons
dealing with rude and unhappy disrepectful guests
Casino
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 15, 2017
it was dark, cold and annoying. Some people who work there would not do their job so everyone else had to pick up the slack. They want you to learn so much stuff, but they dont pay well. I didnt like it.
inter acting with customers in a professional manner
Manager Cashier / Food Beverage (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 7, 2017
working in a casino had to be fast paced . always smile meet and greet all clients be courteous give exact change back to all clients. able to resolve problems in a timely manner
Pros
getting great tips when a client wins at the casino
Cons
if a worker called out as a food manager had to stay until the Casino found a replacement
terrible.
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 19, 2017
This place does not value their employees at all. The casino over all is just a very sad place to be for both the employees and the customers. As employees we get treated like another notch that can be replaced.
It helps pay the bills
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 12, 2017
I wish there where more hours available. Sometime the things people loose the job over isnt worth loosing a great employee. So some of the rules are a little petty.
Pros
Not enough hours
Cons
overall its ok job
Do not work here
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 30, 2017
I only gave this place 2 stars because the pay is good. Everything else is garbage. Management is so unprofessional, no job security, high turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the unruly customers, the most enjoyable part are your co-workers you spend a great amount of time with them
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Good management with great workers
finanace dop team supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 28, 2017
Great people with great customer service, great management i just wish tey had a higher pay rate being that your dealing with ny state lottery money the hiring process is really tidious
Pros
great management
Cons
low hire rate
Fun workplace, very productive
Vgm assistant (Former Employee) –  910 Yonkers ave yonkers nyMarch 21, 2017
Very fun place! Great people! Great music!! You learn different games such as jackpot baccarat, roulette, video gaming casino etc. Great coworkers great management! And high top sof Curtis
Pros
Music, great people, and great pay
Cons
Short breaks
not a good decision
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I did not get paid well. I was overworked with no help. The person assigned to help was always late and did not know the job but pointed fingers at me. I was also not backed by managers when proof was presented.
Pros
close to home
Family run high sales business with many moving parts
Controller, Brian Boru Corporation (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Very busy company with lack of seasoned management which made the daily tasks difficult. Needed to train and develop long term staff members which included executive staff on financial reporting and general corporate business practices.
Pros
Flexible Hours, being able to share and implement ideas
Cons
Mismanaged, understaffed
Lively
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 21, 2017
This job is a fast running place, has room for improvement. The staff is hard working. The hours are hard, with little to no schedule change. You can not lose focus in this place. To many screw ups and you could lose your job
Pros
Luch breaks
Cons
Releasess people quickly
great palce to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I work Monday to Friday , 30 hours a week , 30 min for lunch
I learn a lot in the company
I like my boss and housekeeping is a great deparment to work
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low payment
Summed up day at the casino
Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 27, 2016
A typical work day at the casino is pretty summed up by auditing each and every cashier to ensure no variance was overlooked. Also to count, verify and deposit all the money the casino wishes to either deposit or keep on hold to keep business running.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Customer service
good place
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 2, 2016
Overseeing day to day operations . It has good benefit .it has like 5 different kitchens . Hardest part was fine my way back to the other kitchens.
Pros
learning new thing
It's alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 5, 2016
It's a cool place to work . It feels like high school all over again working there . The pay is not too great but people stay there for years
Nice place depending on the crowd staff and management get along
Beverage Porter/Barback (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Fast place work environment. If you like night life it good but sometime its slow and the customer can be a handful.. you have to be a unique person to be working over 3 years...
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Poor benefits package
Cage Cashier
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 21, 2016
Cash out the winner's tickets whom won money at the casino. balance my register at the end of shift. Walked the floors if customers needed change or help.
Pros
great experience awesome staff
Surveillance Investigator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 3, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for and beside a great group of Co-workers. It was a fast paced position that required multi tasking on a consistent basis.
Cons
No breaks
Great atmosphere vibrant with great employees
Cook ∙ Counterperson ∙ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 31, 2016
There's always something to do on any given day. I've learned fast on how to deal with difficult customers, who have either lost their money or had too much to drink. Management is great. If you have problems and need days off the work with you. My co-workers are hard workers and team players. The hardest part of the job is as much as you do it still seems there is more to do after your hours are done. I enjoy everything about the job, mainly seeing the smiles of the customers that I've helped at no cost.
Pros
Free lunch, employee dining room with 3 52' tv's, soft chairs
Cons
Health care to expensive, I work in the freezer