Empire Construction Employee Reviews

Full Boat Recruiter
Internal Recruiter/Led Prodution Resources/Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Recruited and staffed numerous positions of authority. Had great management and enjoyed all of my co workers (team). Some difficulties that I ran across were finding candidates to fill our jobs on our terms, culture and location. The most enjoyable part of my position is to provide people with an opportunity to go to work in a career, not just a job.
Laid back, High-Productivity Work Enviroment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Stilwell, KSNovember 3, 2016
Small office setting with few employees. Usually pretty quiet day-to-day with few surprises. Casual attire. Lots of down time, but when a task arises it needs to be handled stat.
Pros
Casual attire, work alone, fun enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Positive learning experience with multiple outlets for work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 31, 2016
Working for this company has given me vast knowledge and education learn many skill trades that are beneficial in the construction field like concrete, framing, drywall, tile, rubber flooring, painting, and diamond plate installation.
Pros
Learning experience, traveling.
Cons
Not dependable in the limited work hours or income earned, traveling.
Empire Construction - Knoxville, TN
Sr. Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 22, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work for this "Christian Based Company" for over a year & a half now. During this time period, I worked under 2 Project Managers that both quit. I have seen numerous field personnel quit as a result of promises made by the company & not kept, i.e. bonuses not being paid, etc. After I completed my project, I went on leave of absence to have both of my hips replaced with the understanding that my position with the company was safe. When I was ready to return, the company had undergone another series of changes (which they did this time last year) & my position had been eliminated, thus being laid off. I find it ironic that since my year anniversary in which I was entitled to my bonus that they would eliminate my position & have no where to place me. It seems that the company is more about the bottom line than they are about their field personnel.
Pros
Company furnished vehicle, apartment, flights home
Cons
Inexperience company when it comes to new construction
Used to be a profitable business
Co-Owner and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJune 22, 2016
Construction was good for years until the housing bubble burst. my salary went from 120K to 15K. Very unsteady income. If the work was steady enough I would continue, however it is too unstable.
Pros
Setting your own schedule
Cons
Too much down time.
Christian Based Company
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 8, 2016
Over all , company out look is Great, There still in need of improvement when it come to security,loyalty and operational support.
There were time when lack of resources, lack of on sight help, and unknown issues come into play,
Pros
Out standing corp Support
Cons
Lack of insight by VP/PM
Run by a young owner, non corporate management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Typical 10 hour work day which is pretty normal.

Not much, too much internal reports.

Very micromanaged

Coworkers are young and very nice

Dealing with the management style

Positive attitude is desired
Cons
Micromanagement to monitoring how you write your email.
Good people, good job
On site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
Great company, great employees. good corporate structure and culture. The only down fall is working in some shady areas sometimes. But most of the time it's fine
Pros
Little micro management
Cons
work in some shady areas sometimes
goog company to work for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJFebruary 17, 2014
I was taught how to remodel homes with a great attitude on how to give the best of yourself and make customers impressed with your work
Pros
knowledge
Good job experience
Multiple hand (Former Employee) –  Sedro Woolley, Wa.January 26, 2014
This job taught me a great deal, it was where I lerned to use heavy equipment like the John Deere Backhoe and the 450 Cat. We utilized a great deal of equipment through out the years I was there.
Optimistic working environment
Internal Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 27, 2013
I enjoyed learning about construction and learned valuable lessons that have carried over into other positions.
This project was remodling a ALF in Tampa and to be honest it was the best job that I ever had due to me liking to help others not only the elderly.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 14, 2012
This job gave me the chance to broadden my knowledge of the work field in all aspect when it comes to dealing with people of all ages and nationality because of the differnt language barriers and job performances that was needed to complete the project in an orderly and timely manner.
Pros
the pay was 14.65 pr hour and was able to work all that i could handle and more.
Cons
i live in st.pete, and the job was in tampa.
Good christian place to work
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville tnApril 13, 2012
This varied and alot changed from day to day. Nothing more to tell
Pros
christian