Empire Distributors Employee Reviews

Decent pay and opportunity for overtime but rarely a smooth day with order.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2016
If you bust your butt for this company you can gurantee you will not have any advancement opportunity. There is more incentive to do the bare minimum.
Pros
Decent pay and overtime earnings opportunity.
Cons
Hard work does not give an entry level employee advancement opportunity.
Fun place to work and learn, very nice atmosphere, v.ery nice people
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2016
Work closely with future/present clients, insurance companies, insurance brokers and insurance adjusters. Determine appropriate plan to get buildings back to pre-loss condition as quickly as possible.
Pros
Free lunch, cummute to and from work, company vehicle and gas card.
Cons
Short breaks, always on the go, on call (twice out of the month).
Love it here great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Work at Empire was great had the best boss ever in my life. My co workers were fun happy I love loved it there. All from my boss he was fantastic. The hardest part was saying goodbye to everyone after it went out of business. I loved going to work.
Pros
Friendly, calm, a happy place
Ok Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mills River, NCSeptember 21, 2015
The job is challenging and interesting at all times. You are free and independent in your duties. If you have a local route then you will enjoy your job. If you have a non local route then you may be very irritated.
Pros
Independence, free rein to a point
Cons
pay dosent match the work, long hours for routes not local
Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Delivery Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Mills River, NCJuly 7, 2015
Your truck is loaded for you before you leave in the morning. however it is only loaded correctly 60% of the time. Once you are making your deliveries you have to identify what is wrong/missing and make adjustments to invoice. Makes clients unhappy and wastes valuable time. Many deliveries are time stops. If you don't make it by a certain time your delivery will be refused. Simple mistakes made by sales reps or warehouse workers makes almost every day twice as hard as it should.
it was a job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2015
I pretty much did the same thing day in and day out. I would come and in pick the bottles that were listed and checked them on the computer and once done go home.
Nice place to work
Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
They used SAP to post their Cash Applications. Co-workers complained all day about the work load. Management was easy going. Hardest part of job is that they are NOT paper friendly. Enjoyed giving ideas about the products.
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Company open Friday after Thanksgiving
top sales performer
Off Premise Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Worked with existing customer clients in Grocery, Convenience and Local business establishments. Worked hard was not an order taker had to balance sales with manual labor and delivery times. Worked early hours of the morning and many nights. Fun work environment and definitely great challenge
Pros
many sales opportunities
Cons
changing of territories
Retail sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 12, 2014
Great hours, learned a lot about beer and wine brands and selling techniques. Very supportive management. Friendly co-workers. Hardest part of the job was nothing from the job itself, just my need for a higher salary. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining product knowledge and meeting new people.
Driver/Warehouse Clerk
Driver/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  11383 NEWPORT DR, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CAJuly 28, 2014
Before everyday I made sure I did a pre-trip inspection of the truck I used that day and at the end of the day I would do a post-trip inspection.
I learned how to properly strap down pallets to an open bed truck. At this job I learned how to drive different kinds of forklifts and shipping and receiving procedures. I was responsible of loading and unloading trucks at truck docks and at roll up doors. I also received orders and picked them off shelves. I also kept track of inventory and goals.
Management at this job was very helpful, the company was a small company so it was a lot easier to keep management of all activities at the warehouse.
Driver's at this company were very helpful and always willing to help with anything that u needed help with.
Hardest part of the job was when there was heavy traffic on the roads.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I have made all my stops on time and I am back at the warehouse early helping out with cleaning up and stocking inventory.
Pros
When im in the truck and i have the AC on.
Cons
Sometimes i would miss a stop due to traffic on the road.
Hard Labor
P.M. Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2014
This job was filling orders and loading box trucks on the 3rd shift. Very long hours some nights if the conveyor would break. Great group of guys on that shift all working together to get through the night. This position would be good for a young person that needs to learn hard work skills and see what it takes to survive in this economy.
Pros
Great group of guys, understanding management
Cons
Breaks not long enough, ventilation in the warehouse
Great people and laid back enviorment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
Typical work day was servicing customers and meeting new people. Establishing customer relationships and trust. The management could have been more organized, but they are understanding when it comes to your life outside work. The hardest part about the job was excessively long hours. I enjoyed the enviorment of how laid back it was and just do your job.
Agressive company with the room to advance.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Managed outside sales territory. Learned how to seel to different types of buyers. Management was proactive and assited when needed. Co-workers acted as a team. Selling to negative buyers. Closing the sell.
Pros
Training
Cons
Short lunches
Fun workplace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed the training and knowledge I gained, along with the client relations that were built and maintained.
Steady and quiet work place for a warehouse
Driver/Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  CA CaliforniaJuly 2, 2013
I enjoyed the work experience I learned and the people I met. My managers are very easy going people and are a great help when needed.
Pros
They took care of their employees
Benefits
Buffet owned
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2013
I miss the wine industry. This is the one profession I had a true passion for and studied, absorbed all the information possible to make me a stronger leader.
Enhanced my knowledge of Wine, Spirits, and Beer
CSR/ Sales Rep. Support Team (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2012
Overall decent company to work for with wonderful co-workers whom are all willing to go above and beyond to help fellow co-workers.
Pros
very structured, no micro managing, guaranteed 40 hours a week, no weekends, understanding management
Cons
compensation
Great place to work in a struggling economy, good benefits, good people
Driver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arden NCMarch 1, 2012
I worked for Empire Distributors for 7 years. You cant work in a place that long without it having some kind of charm. The positions are demanding and grueling at times. My position offered me the pleasure of being outside most of the time. This was one of the highlights for me as an employee with Empire.
Pros
good people, decent pay, benefits
Cons
early morning hours and long shifts, time restraints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.