Empire Distributors Employee Reviews

Empire Distributors
Machine Operator, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Empire Distributors its one of the best pleases to work for. Empire Distributors will help you get your forklift certified. Empire Distributors will take good care of you.
Great environment fast paced
All positions "get it done guy" (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 24, 2017
I can't say nothing bad about empire I love it I'm gonna try to retire from there great benefits constant steady work. You show your worth and they wont forget about you
sucks
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
Not a great work environment. Raises are pretty much non existent. Stress on the body. Would not recommend this job to a friend. A good starting position for experience but would not stay long.
good place friendly enviornment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 17, 2017
I got a vary diverse selection in jobs worked. I was a stocker a bander and a forklift operator. till I finally got the opportunity to learn how to drive the trucks
Amazing alcohol distributor
Territory Manager (On Premise - Beverage Sales) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2017
This company gave me a chance to leave the restaurant management business and start a new career where I primarily worked Monday - Friday. I had an on-premise sales territory in the east Atlanta market.
Friendly and fast paced
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 14, 2017
You have to be a team player and able to multi task. Most of the management is easy to get along with and very understanding of your personal life. The pay is nice and the benefits are great.
bad company
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 18, 2017
unorganized company that has no advancement foe hardworking employees.management does not care about their employees.
Pros
deceny pay
Cons
no set shift, dont know exactly what time you gone get off
Great Place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
I started here in 2006 and I have loved my job every since, great place to work co-workers are amazing we are like a family here. I have learned how to be a problem solver and a decision maker working in purchasing has taught me that sometimes you have to make a decision and be confident in knowing that you made the correct one. The hardest part about my job there is no hard part. every part of my job is enjoyable.
Decent pay and opportunity for overtime but rarely a smooth day with order.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2016
If you bust your butt for this company you can gurantee you will not have any advancement opportunity. There is more incentive to do the bare minimum.
Pros
Decent pay and overtime earnings opportunity.
Cons
Hard work does not give an entry level employee advancement opportunity.
Fun place to work and learn, very nice atmosphere, v.ery nice people
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2016
Work closely with future/present clients, insurance companies, insurance brokers and insurance adjusters. Determine appropriate plan to get buildings back to pre-loss condition as quickly as possible.
Pros
Free lunch, cummute to and from work, company vehicle and gas card.
Cons
Short breaks, always on the go, on call (twice out of the month).
Love it here great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Work at Empire was great had the best boss ever in my life. My co workers were fun happy I love loved it there. All from my boss he was fantastic. The hardest part was saying goodbye to everyone after it went out of business. I loved going to work.
Pros
Friendly, calm, a happy place
Ok Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mills River, NCSeptember 21, 2015
The job is challenging and interesting at all times. You are free and independent in your duties. If you have a local route then you will enjoy your job. If you have a non local route then you may be very irritated.
Pros
Independence, free rein to a point
Cons
pay dosent match the work, long hours for routes not local
Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Delivery Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Mills River, NCJuly 7, 2015
Your truck is loaded for you before you leave in the morning. however it is only loaded correctly 60% of the time. Once you are making your deliveries you have to identify what is wrong/missing and make adjustments to invoice. Makes clients unhappy and wastes valuable time. Many deliveries are time stops. If you don't make it by a certain time your delivery will be refused. Simple mistakes made by sales reps or warehouse workers makes almost every day twice as hard as it should.
it was a job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2015
I pretty much did the same thing day in and day out. I would come and in pick the bottles that were listed and checked them on the computer and once done go home.
Nice place to work
Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
They used SAP to post their Cash Applications. Co-workers complained all day about the work load. Management was easy going. Hardest part of job is that they are NOT paper friendly. Enjoyed giving ideas about the products.
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Company open Friday after Thanksgiving
top sales performer
Off Premise Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Worked with existing customer clients in Grocery, Convenience and Local business establishments. Worked hard was not an order taker had to balance sales with manual labor and delivery times. Worked early hours of the morning and many nights. Fun work environment and definitely great challenge
Pros
many sales opportunities
Cons
changing of territories
Retail sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 12, 2014
Great hours, learned a lot about beer and wine brands and selling techniques. Very supportive management. Friendly co-workers. Hardest part of the job was nothing from the job itself, just my need for a higher salary. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining product knowledge and meeting new people.
Driver/Warehouse Clerk
Driver/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  11383 NEWPORT DR, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CAJuly 28, 2014
Before everyday I made sure I did a pre-trip inspection of the truck I used that day and at the end of the day I would do a post-trip inspection.
I learned how to properly strap down pallets to an open bed truck. At this job I learned how to drive different kinds of forklifts and shipping and receiving procedures. I was responsible of loading and unloading trucks at truck docks and at roll up doors. I also received orders and picked them off shelves. I also kept track of inventory and goals.
Management at this job was very helpful, the company was a small company so it was a lot easier to keep management of all activities at the warehouse.
Driver's at this company were very helpful and always willing to help with anything that u needed help with.
Hardest part of the job was when there was heavy traffic on the roads.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I have made all my stops on time and I am back at the warehouse early helping out with cleaning up and stocking inventory.
Pros
When im in the truck and i have the AC on.
Cons
Sometimes i would miss a stop due to traffic on the road.
Hard Labor
P.M. Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2014
This job was filling orders and loading box trucks on the 3rd shift. Very long hours some nights if the conveyor would break. Great group of guys on that shift all working together to get through the night. This position would be good for a young person that needs to learn hard work skills and see what it takes to survive in this economy.
Pros
Great group of guys, understanding management
Cons
Breaks not long enough, ventilation in the warehouse
Great people and laid back enviorment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
Typical work day was servicing customers and meeting new people. Establishing customer relationships and trust. The management could have been more organized, but they are understanding when it comes to your life outside work. The hardest part about the job was excessively long hours. I enjoyed the enviorment of how laid back it was and just do your job.