Empire Education Group

Empire Education Group Employer Reviews

The most emjoyable part of my role at EEG.
Director, Leadership and Management Development (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: keurig coffee makers
I enjoyed learning something new everyday. The family owned company atmosphere was a great environment to work in.
Backstabbing immature insecure grown women
Educator (Former Employee), Phoenix AZOctober 12, 2014
Pros: monday-friday
Runnnnnn! I really thought this company would be my dream job. Seem to be well structured on the outside looking in. WRONG! If you come in with any type of experience or assertiveness the women educators will gang up on you makeup lies about you and bully you out ASAP! Now if you go through their EIT (Ed in training) program then you are not a threat because you came into the company beneath them. They still make sure the EIT's know their "place". Don't even waste your time addressing it! Supervisors won't do anything they walk around with rose colored glasses just to save face with the insecure staff, corp won't do anything about it either! The way they allow division between both staff and among students is a horrible example of what the future professionals in the industry will exhibit. The student learn first hand from the staff how to be snobby backbiting and disrespectful.
Enjoyable workplace
Executive Director (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: not much positive feedback
I loved watching my students grow into salon professionals.
Typical day at work
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAOctober 2, 2014
Second level support for in house help desk
User account creation
Network management
Modify Active Directory account permissions
File restoration
NA
Educator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 9, 2014
On resume under key achievements and duties.
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
OK Job depending on ED
Career Planning Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 24, 2014
My Executive Director was great.... but it's almost impossible to do well with a bad one!
Excellent working environment
Financial Assistance Specialist (Current Employee), Pottsville, PAAugust 2, 2014
In Financial Assistance, we are the financial support staff to our schools. In a typical day, I would provide customer service to staff and students, package student's financial aid, and process student's FAFSA applications. My co-workers are great and we make an excellent team. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping student's achieve their future educational goals.
Admissions
Career Planning Specialist (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 17, 2014
Pros: a job.
Cons: lack of professionalism
Never receiving any praise, Non professional staff- basically working with anyone that wasn't successful in the salon industry.
Not a good atmosphere to work in
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Hyannis,MAJuly 9, 2014
The staff is terrible and management doesn't know how to do their job, has a harassment problem in the workplace. Do not recommend this place.
Constant change
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: coordinating meetings for regional directors
Cons: sad medical benefits
Daily duties shifted from day to day, keeping the job from becoming routine.
Management was always supportive and helpful. Sometimes dealing with upset customers was difficult not to take as personal, since the company placed a high value on top shelf customer service. At the end of the day, having the ability to resolve an issue for a student was always the most rewarding.
Hard working beauty
Executive Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzFebruary 18, 2014
I've learned to be patient with my students. I learned how to manage so many people and I enjoyed teaching them how to do color hair.
na
Appointment Coordination Expert (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAJanuary 17, 2014
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed helping people reach their educational goals.
project director
Project Director (Former Employee), Pottsville,PaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: travel to schools over night stays
Cons: 50 plus hours a week
Answering emails,getting pricing for jobs . Awarding contracts. Talking to vendors. Learn how to be more outspoken.Instructed work to my coworkers for the week. My hardest part of the job would be the long hours.Enjoyable part was working with my coworkers, being a team member.
fun loving inspiring place
Educator (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 13, 2013
Students come in energetic ready to learn. Our team is great and look forward to providing the students with a quality education.
great place to work security of a job
Customer Service Representative/Educator (Former Employee), savannah, gaAugust 8, 2013
Pros: can relocate because has 105 schools
Cons: not enough pay
A great secure job and relocating benefits
excellent health benefits 401k. Great learning environment and room to grow.
Great Organizaton.
Executive Director (Current Employee), Pottsville, PAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: dreamers
Cons: extremly demanding
Great organization with exciting plans to expand. The Executive Director role is extremely demanding and the work/life balance is not conducive for a family or relationship.
student focused
Educator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2013
A typical for me starts with my students on the floor or in class. I start by asking how there evening was, so that they become ingaged. I learned that our students try very hard to please there educators. Management can be hard to undersatnd, but overal I think there fair.
I love my co-workers and we support one another through a lot.
Not being albe to do more for the students, as some of them have real life situations that we can help with. The most enjoyable part is the student when they learn something new, or when there happy because something you should them worked out.
Over all, my experince at empire was extremly rewarding. I learned alot of valuable information.
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 19, 2013
Arrive 30 minutes before class starts. Make sure class is safe and clean. Prepare supplies needed for daily, scheduled lesson. I learned the inner mechanics of cosmetology. Management can sometimes be challenging, but at the end of the day I was responsible for the outcome of every situation. When it comes to co-workers, some are easy to work with and some are not, but I believe as long as all relationships are kept professional, you can avoid any personal problems. Then hardest part of the job was seeing a student in crises and not being able to help more. Helping people to achieve success trough all kinds of struggles.
Great Experience both Learning and Teaching
Educator (Former Employee), Providence, Rhode IslandApril 24, 2013
Teaching students the art of Cosmetology, both technical and theory.
My experience at Empire was the best learning and teachng experience I could have had. The management and co-workers were very supportive and guided me through each catagory and process necessary to become a successful teacher.

The hardest part was leaving my co-workers, however, I had an opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and the Salon Clinic
Good job, great supervisor, excellent co-workers. Pleasant work environment.
Academic Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Pottsville, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Overall, it is a good place to work. State of the art building, education based, and family oriented.