Empire Education Group Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 4, 2016
Get to practice Microsoft apps while being able to help other students use excel and other softwares.
Great management
Co workers were friendly
Worse Cosmetology School Ever
Educator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
If you're looking to be criticized in every move you make, work long hours, follow a curriculum that was made up by non-cosmetologist, online web training that is ran out of fear of the trainers loosing their jobs and scamming admissions reps & know nothing area supervisors (aka Regional Vice Presidents), then this is a place for you! The entire group of NYS cosmetology schools ran by Empire is a joke. They have made up policies, they try to go against state laws and only care about getting students in the door with laptop gimmicks. They do not train staff thoroughly and expect teachers to work long days and follow a curriculum that is only for show. The schools are for show to collect government funding! They will make the building esthetically pleasing, but that's all they truly have to offer! Most teachers fraternize with students & in occasion send students on personal errands & the company does not care at all! If you want to pretend like you are teaching, check your email & social media page all day & get paid for it while pretending to be in a classroom, apply!
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Favoritism, lack of struture, training, long hours, lead by threat regional Vice President, etc.
Productive and Knowledge base company
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 4, 2015
Great company to work for. they are also national and that gives you options for transfers between states. the benefits are good and there are great opportunities to excel within the company.
DO NOT work for this company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PANovember 11, 2015
I learned how to treat employees with disrespect and how NOT to follow rules and regulations. Upper management is above approach and should you complain or disclose something unethical, you will find yourself on the unemployment line; disclaimer clearly states "compensation for any wrong doing". Then there is a list of employees who are not re-hirable. I have witness employees being bullied, discriminated against, and lovers promoted.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
The cost of health care is extremely expensive.
Fun learning environment and some great teachers to work with
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 16, 2015
Busy fast pace environment. Continuous learning environment in the beauty industry. Everyday was a lesson learned on the correct way to color, cut, style and develop professional relationships with the clients who entered the beauty school. Management was very knowledgeable about the beauty industry. My co-workers were great to work with and made working at Empire an enjoyable and learning place. The hardest part of my job was at the end of the night once I had to clock out and part ways from the wonderful staff I worked with as well as watching the talent the students brought to school everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my students grow into professional skilled students in the beauty industry.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
No room as a part-time employee for advancement
Nice collaborative work situation
Career Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 31, 2015
Work environment is nice and collaborative. Management is supportive. Lively workplace. Ability to grow with the company is available. If you have an interest in the beauty industry from an administrative side this is the way to go.
Great place to learn and work with other stylists
Student Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 19, 2015
I attended for 10.5 months and learned a lot more about customer service and how to be a better stylist overall. I attended to clients daily and was responsible for providing them with the services that wanted in addition to recommending specific services based on the nature of their hair.
Eeg
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 29, 2015
Track and approve all hours for students and staff.
Ensure all EEG, NAACAS and AZ State Board policies are in alignment.
Motivate and coach students to excel in grades and attendance.
Pros
Great structure and support
Great company
educator level2 (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 24, 2015
Very kind HR
up to date
need a better system of inventory and ordering
using quality products
need to be more selective with enrolling students
Pros
consistency between schools
Cons
ED &AD are not fairly evaluated only by their supervisor's.need feedback from students & staff.
Never been so sad about a job
Appointment co-ordinating Expert (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJune 15, 2015
Two years ago it was a fun and fair place to work. since then it has gone straight downhill. You are forced to work with management that ignores any and all legitimate complaints while they bow to their favorites. You are instructed to lie by omission and treated like it is your fault if a man looking for a construction job will not come and visit a cosmetology school. No one should leave work day after day crying because they feel so low. The language you are forced to accept on the phone conversations is very demeaning.
Pros
the pay is good but money can't buy sanity
Cons
the condescending manner in which you are treated on a daily basis
Good Place to work
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEMay 31, 2015
Overall running of a school from open to close dealing with all parts in between and meeting with Students to advise on academics or financial aid. Managing of Staff hiring and scheduling. Learned very useful things in Business plan and profits/loss and budgets. Federal regulations in accordance with NACCAS/ Dep of Ed. and VA. Hardest part of this position I dealing with often constant changes that occur with federal regulations. Most enjoyable part of my everyday is the Students and seeing them succeed both within our campus but even more importantly after leaving us.
not like it used to be
Educator (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAMay 7, 2015
I worked there for quite some time and loved it when I first started. years later the economy went down and so didn't the upper management. Not a pleasant place to work now (for me) others may feel differently (depending on location)
Pros
Hair competitions (until they stopped them)
Cons
attitudes
very unfriendly workplace
Regional Admissions Floater/ Career (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 17, 2015
A lot of fake backstabbing management, very unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone trying to establish a career. Empire used to be a very good company to work for, but as of the last 2 years its going down hill.
Mediocre company with a lack of good leadeship
Customer Contact Center Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of your day to day task with little to no interaction with management. I learned that most businesses that struggle is due to all departments working in silos. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people, which is what I enjoy most.
Empire is a great place to work
Career Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
The core values for Empire are excellent. Empire Education offers you career advancement and they help you continue your education . The work life balance is great there .
Bad reality show
Educator (Former Employee) –  Savannah GaJanuary 11, 2015
Empire as a whole is going down hill fast. The owners need to visit every campus unannounced like undercover boss to see what's going on. There are a lot of employees just collecting a check for doing nothing but hanging out. I have seen such degusting things. They cost to much to be allowing the foolishness. Problems are never dealt with just addressed to make it seem as though things will be taken care of. I would never recommend anyone I care about to attend school there or work. Savannah Empire has the worst rep in the city. They are known for being unprofessional and stealing. The Director of the school has broken just about every policy, state board rule and regulation, but still holds the position as Directors at the school. Doesn't that speak volume . Several complaints have been made in regards to her unprofessional actions however nothing but a meeting is done and no appropriate consequences. They also have a problem with treating people equally. The same standard you
hold students and staff should be the same standards you hold management. The A.D, E.D and R.D should all be held accountable because it is the leaders of the school that set the tone and standard.
Directors, the school is a reflection of you because it is what you have allowed. I will continue to pray for them. Leaving this campus was the best thing that happened to me I gained my sanity.
benefits
Cons
management
The most emjoyable part of my role at EEG.
Director, Leadership and Management Development (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed learning something new everyday. The family owned company atmosphere was a great environment to work in.
Pros
keurig coffee makers
Backstabbing immature insecure grown women
Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZOctober 12, 2014
Runnnnnn! I really thought this company would be my dream job. Seem to be well structured on the outside looking in. WRONG! If you come in with any type of experience or assertiveness the women educators will gang up on you makeup lies about you and bully you out ASAP! Now if you go through their EIT (Ed in training) program then you are not a threat because you came into the company beneath them. They still make sure the EIT's know their "place". Don't even waste your time addressing it! Supervisors won't do anything they walk around with rose colored glasses just to save face with the insecure staff, corp won't do anything about it either! The way they allow division between both staff and among students is a horrible example of what the future professionals in the industry will exhibit. The student learn first hand from the staff how to be snobby backbiting and disrespectful.
Pros
monday-friday
Enjoyable workplace
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 8, 2014
I loved watching my students grow into salon professionals.
Pros
great hours
Cons
not much positive feedback
Typical day at work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 2, 2014
Second level support for in house help desk
User account creation