Empire State Building

Empire State Building Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Observatory Host (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I would love to work here again!!!! I visited before I started workin here and the experience was awesome!!!!
Endless experience with great people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at the Empire State Building! It was a very friendly environment filled with an abundance of helpful and caring people. I met different people every day from all over the world and even learned to welcome them in their native language! It was a great experience which taught me to accomodate anyone young and old alike. It was by far my absolute favorite job, not just because the endless experience but also the great co-workers and phenomenal boss i was priveledged to work with
Fun work environment, because I encounter with people from all over the world
Multi-Media Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 10, 2014
Management did not communicate with star very well. The goal to exceed customer satisfaction should have been key for such a well establish environment.
Very nice and educational place to work
Observatory Guide (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: an hour and a half lunch breaks and great health coverage
Cons: always being watched on the cameras
The job was very easy but challenging at times. I learned how to communicate and work with a diversity of people which was both challenging and enjoyable for me. I always get along with my peers because i'am a team player and any place you work becomes your home away from home, your peers become a second family. The most enjoyable part of any job that I have is when i can make a guest or client smile and happy, that makes me very happy because it ensures me that i must be doing something right.
great meeting people from all over the world
Multi-media Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: no union, job always at will
it was great working with tourist and such a diverse enviroment.
a typical day was giving out audio guides to guest that gave them information about the observatory. Working here i picked up some French, Espanol and Japanese words. Management wasnt very fair. After our observatory Manager past away.Supervisors were moving to new positions and taking advantage of their roles. Very un-professional . There were lot of uneccassary remarks and they would even come to the bar with their employees.The hardest part of the Job was giving a free audio device to thousands of people that came to the observatory. But the most enjoyable part was working with my awesome co-workers and meeting guest from all over the world.
Fun Work Place
Observatory Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2013
Pros: weekly compensation
Cons: unpaid lunch.
very competitive, work hard and the rewards are endless. If you like tourist and working late hours. This is for you
A good learning experience
IT Help Desk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: long train ride from long island
the work place was always up beat and fun, A great leaning experience working with computers and staff. Each day brought a new challenge that had to be met.
Fun work place
Observatory guide (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: a lot of interacting with large volume of tourism
• Maintaining a large volume of tourism
• Providing Information Validation
• Assisting with Celebrity visitation
• A great deal of communication skills
• Receptionist at the information desk
Fun energetic work place
Ride Operator/Observatory (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2013
Pros: hours are very flexiable
Cons: hourly rate
A typical day at work is basically greeting the customers and expaining to them about the sky ride and how the ride operates. I learned from this job that making the tourist happy to visit the sky ride anytime they are coming to visit the empire state building.
management will choose money over a life.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/GUEST SOLUTION (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 22, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: inhumane, bad management, discrimination
Good life but inhumane management..The beautiful part of the Job is seeing the whole new york city.
Great Job but...
Security Guard (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: clean, always have something to do, great breaks, flexible supervisors
Cons: just the fact that they treat you like you are replaceable, because to them security guards are a dime a dozen
Great job, great co-workers. The only downside to working security there is that they do not investigate issues with employees, they just fire people. Got most if not all my security training; anti terrorism, metal detector, fire guard, etc. you name it they got it and its absolutely necessary, especially in such a prestigious landmark. Most difficult part of the job has to be the marble floors, they do a number on your back. Best part of the day is seeing so many people from all over the world.

About Empire State Building

The Empire State Building, one of New York City's most popular tourist attractions, offers a variety of activities for its visitors. – Read more