Empire Today LLC

Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

Installer/Laborer (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJuly 9, 2015
Good company to work with enjoyed the job but needed more hours at one point was very slow learned a lot with flooring & installion
Not family friendly
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Litchfield Park, AZJuly 7, 2015
Would be great for single salesperson who can work 7-9pm appointments 25 miles away from home. Often. Sales revenue bonuses are attainable but you need to either royally rip people off (which unfortunately occurs often) or run all day all night all week all month and then barely pull it off. No benefits. I want to work for a better company that can provide an opportunity to advance my career as well as increase my income.
easy going
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, txJuly 6, 2015
pretty easy job, management is not that great, easy work, decent pay, they do have fun activities for the employees, good opportunities for advancement
established brand, but not prepared to ener commercial market
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJune 22, 2015
Pros: good name recognition
Cons: Ill prepared to design a successful marketing strategy
Empire Today is a 50 yr + company that has enjoyed great success in bring quality flooring to the residential market in the US. My time with Empire Today was their attempt to enter into the commercial market helping small business owners with flooring solutions for their businesses. While the company does an outstanding job on the residential side of the business, they never really understood the commercial side of business; which is quite different than residential. Because they did not adapt to the different nuance and approach to the commercial business, the effort to grow the commercial business has stalled. Most of the people that were hired to address that effort have left the company.
The worst company in America.
Sales(outdoor) (Former Employee), Atlanta,Ga.May 29, 2015
Pros: Learn the carpet business that's it....
Cons: Use your own expenses on a wild goose chase for bogus leads...
One of the worst companies in America.. Bad leads and price points for carpet was mis leading and above the market average. Very exploitive and manipulative company. Run do not waste your time..
Enough Work Opportunity
Contractor Installer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast
This company has enough work opportunity and truly the best of last 6 similar companies I worked for. One of my typical day was the time when I woke up get into work as regular day and I get offer from the manager to have more Installation crew for different parts of flooring. I learned individuals need careful they can push you up or knock you down as well, another day when the economy drops down – more... manager made some ambiguous reason and stopped give us job so I and 7 other worker and installer who worked with me became unemployed because of manager ambiguous reason. I personally did not like the management because it is not fair when someone get an stage in his position use his power and put the different between contractors or installers especially while they care for their job and their previous job, experience, and customer satisfaction can improve them. – less
ongoing sales training was excellent and a very honest company
self employed sales rep. (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Qualified leads, great customer service and checks arriving on time.
Cons: none
My experience with Empire Today has been very good. I have been with them for three years since they started in the Rochester market.
They are an excellent company with a A plus rating with the B.B.B.
Sadly to say,the company has decided to close the Rochester,Buffalo and Syracuse office.
Established company with advantages to the consumer
General Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Location, customer service
Cons: Communication
The company has treated me fairly and with respect since I joined, I regularly tell people they have consistently done the right thing by me and my staff.
all is well unless not being payed
o Crew Leader (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 14, 2015
long hours, 7 days a week.
Any job there is always an opportunity learn. On the job experiences and people experiences.
Not getting paid is a job killer.
keeping busy and learning additional skills is always a plus.
Management not Professional
Human Resources - Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Northlake, ILMay 9, 2015
The management at this company was not professional in any way. There was no leadership and if you were not a part of the "clique" you were an outcast.
I enjoyed my tenure at Empire Today.
In Store Marketer (Current Employee), Vista, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: working independently, benefits
Cons: no room for advancement, commute expectations
As a mall marketer there no was no room for advancement, yet the job overall was fun. Meeting new people daily, listening to their needs and over coming objections was challenging. The Empire supervisors stood behind their employees, and drove them to succeed. Unfortunately, the mall program took a down turn and was forced to end. I will miss Empire Today, LLC
Great company
Regional Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Awesome products and services to customers
Cons: No investment in its growth
Great company that needs to focus more on investing in its growth. Asking for more with less hurts the employees, mission and the customer.
Old boys club
Sr. Research Analyst (Former Employee), Northlake, ILApril 20, 2015
Great if you're in the old boys club. Innovation is fine so long as it's used to make your bosses and their bosses look great.
Very good company to work for with great benefits
Mall Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Flexibility- not always the same thing each week
Cons: My goals set on sales department results which i was not over.
My position included overseeing schedules and production of employees who worked in our kiosk at the malls in the DFW metroplex. I would track all appointments with sales department each day that were mall set appointments, would send by email or text results to the IMM that sat the appointment. Would attend manager meetings and customer service meetings resolving issues. Submit payroll on weekly basis. Visit the malls and observe and coach as needed to make quality appointments for sales department. Hardest part was to get each mall to its monthly goals each month. Working with great support team .
Work for them if you like to run around for nothing!
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Cannot SayApril 4, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Poor Installers, Management, Leads and Lies Given
Management and Chicago thinks it is ok to send a Sales Rep 50 miles ONE WAY to find out the lead thinks they are going to get four rooms of carpet installed for $400! They do NO screening of the calls. Just give you a name and an address.

They advertised for help for my area but then lied about how many leads they had in my immediate area each week. So then they tell me if I do not take their – more... leads outside my area I will be penalized for not taking them. So when a lead comes in my area they will give it to the sucker that will go anywhere for them!

An installer decided he knew better than a Customer of how to do the install even thro the Customer had paid for the other type of installation! I thought Empire wanted Customers for Life? To say the least the Customer was very mad at the Installer, Empire and ME! That was the final straw for me. Empire prices are also very high compared to our local flooring stores.

Management is just trying to keep their job by saying "Yes" to corporate! Do not waste your time thinking this opportunity is a good career much less a good job. – less
Unfortunately company was hit hard during the recession--had large layoff
Process Improvement Analyst (Former Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 31, 2015
Worked on project to implement new incentive compensation and HR benefits applications. Work was interesting and management for the most part was pretty good. But the business was in the housing sector and the recession had a really bad impact on the company and it had to lay off a significant portion of their workforce.
Best Company
Helpdesk/Desktop Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 26, 2015
Room for move up within company. Very family oriented in my department. Management was great and understanding. Hardest part of job was company was the big lay off.
overpriced products/impossible to make money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work when you want in your area
Cons: commission is horrible
overpriced products/impossible to make money. management is pushy. products are not competetive in all areas. commission schedule is horrible
Productive fun working company
Accounts Receivable Commercial Business Analyst (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 9, 2015
Empire Today is a wonderful company with many opportunities for growth. Staff is wonderful to work with and very accommodating to family scheduling.
Fun Place to Work
Finance Specialist / National Recruiter (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: pay
Empire Today is a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and works together to ensure this is one of America's top flooring companies

1 2 3 4 5

About Empire Today LLC

Our mission at Empire Today® is to secure loyal customers for life. Our employees strongly believe in this mission and work – Read more

Empire Today LLC Salaries

$57,407 per year
Sales
$54,286 per year

Empire Today LLC Photos

Independent Sales Contractor helping a customer select new floors.
Installers hard at work!