Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

Great customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
Company has a great work ethic and they're really focused on customer satisfaction. Production and products are top notch and second to none. I would definitely recommend anyone to work for them. Listening skills are a must and making sure customer satisfaction is huge to you as well being very organized. Computer skills are a must. Keeping track of customer dates for installation is a must.
Pros
Great product
great place to work
Mall Marketer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 20, 2017
I love this job. We were treated with respect by management. The work environment was great. I liked meeting with the public and the malls in which I worked. The pay was good and we were well compensated for our work.
Pros
good people
Cons
It didn't last long enough
Challenging and rewarding
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Lots of growth potential and best suited for independent problem solvers. If you need your hand held, this will not likely be the best for you. If you are independent, willing to work hard and flexible, this will be a great opportunity to stretch you and help you grow your skills.
Pros
Flexible, good benefits, 401k match
overall good company
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2017
Good health benefits and 401k matching, team oriented enviroment, need to have ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at a time need to be able to work very flexible hours
Enjoyed the work and company had good products
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 18, 2017
I enjoyed going to customer's homes and explaining the company's products. The company has name recognition. The products are very good. Not enough leads. Too many price levels. Tried to sell high. More % commissions. Had to sell lower. Commissions are lower. Many customers knew this and would negotiate.
Pros
Good products that sell themselves.
Cons
Not given enough leads. Spread too thin. Couldn't make much money. Too many price levels.
Empire Carpetr
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2017
I think Empire itself might be is a good company. I just think they have no clue what goes on in the Tampa office or maybe they do, its hard to say. If they do know what is going.

I do understand hire ten and keep one or two. The main problem is management is just not qualified to make the decision they are making. Instead of working with the new salesmen. They just push them out the door.

If you are desperate and need to be paid $300.00 a week for 4 weeks. Go work for empire. They make there commission very confusing.

Basically they over promise and make it seem like you are going to do better then you think.

Funny thing is they push you so hard not to leave without making a sale. And if you go low enough to get the sale. You owe them for the job. When the manager told you to sell at that price.

You are better off working at McDonald or Berger King. You will get paid more money.
Pros
there are no pro's
Cons
Know one care about anyone or anything
Worst job ever! Waste of time.
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2017
Poor management in the Tampa branch. They still owe me for 2 weeks commission. Poor training, they don't care about you at all. They basically threw me and the rest the training team to the wolves. We had no product knowledge, our manager was horrible, he knew absolutely nothing. He told us call sales support for everything, they wanted us to work every day. The quality of the product is amazing but unfortunately, it's expensive so you always have to cut the sale to 50% at least which kills your commission to only 4%. The leads are awful. I had 7 out of 9 cancel on me after driving 300 miles to them. If you don't make the sale, Empire calls the customer back the next day, cuts them a better deal, and cuts the salesman out leaving you with no commission. Don't take the job or even apply, you will be thanking me later.
Cons
They stink. Please don't get scammed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 12, 2017
Poor local management. Bad installers. I had them lay new carpet over old padding. You are the front face to get customers to pay for an overpriced product and then it's a real gamble that the installs actually happen and then you look like the fool. I have had installs pushed back for weeks and even lost, while you wait to get paid.
Cons
You pay out gas and pray they eventually pay
Commisioned pay
Contracted Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2017
Out of all of the jobs I have had in my life, Empire Today taught me the most about Sales. I would still be working there today if I could afford to live off of commissioned sales alone.
Pros
Great hours and training
Cons
commission only pay
great place to work
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 3, 2017
the supervisors are very helpful. Our work is graded and reviewed once a week together with our supervisor. Trying to learn something new to get ahead is pulling teeth,
Managment
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 30, 2017
The managment is my only down fall to this company. While in my role expectations were not consistent. While coming on my quota was 35,000 a month, but by the time all training was complete and a full pipeline was producing the 35,000 a month. The company hired 24 of us across the nation, increasing our quota to 62,500 a month at a bare minimum. Now I had multiple annuity accounts producing orders ever day to two days. Business was steady, and I was working from 8am to 8pm 5 days a week already. Shortly after increasing our seat worth a financial proposal went through management discussing a pay cut in my position. Taking away immediate commission for a sale, as well as deducting our yearly salary by 8,000. If we made the minimum 62.5K monthly over the quarter, then a commission will be discussed. Management is not the strong source of this company.
Company that is not afraid of changes
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 27, 2017
Empire Today is a great industry leader. It has an aggressive corporate culture. The work environment is fast paced. Self-motivation and initiative are expected. There is strong loyalty among senior management. Empire Today is becoming a force to be reckoned with. They are revamping their culture and have made it a great place to work. The leadership at corporate sees the business very well on most levels.
If you are willing to work hard, put in the time and effort, you will be rewarded. Overall the working atmosphere is good, and the benefits are great. The company has treated me fairly and with respect since I joined.
very relaxed
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2017
not as stressful as my previous call center; they provide some activities during certain months; management can be easy to talk to; don't always have to dress up for work very business casual
benefits
Bad job
Obtained Real-estate License as referral agent (Former Employee) –  VAMay 22, 2017
This is the worst job I have every worked. Bad working conditions, Bad pay conditions, No benefits, Treats there employees terrible. I would not recommend this position to anyone unless you hate them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not for soft people
In-Home Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 20, 2017
Hardcore I was in outside sales.
Lot of miles on car for a sometime $25 commission.
If your good they will give you leads.
Leads dry up and your left hanging if they don't favorite you.
Pros
Leads if your good and they have them
Cons
Leads are distributed to there favorite reps no matter what mang is programed to say
A great customer focused company without a lot of competition that can provide quick, no hassle installs on most flooring options.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Empire provided a fair path for advancement. The opportunities are there for those that want to put in the work. The sales organization is the area for individuals that want to make the most money. The more you put in the more you will get back. Empire is a customer focused company that does their best to satisfy.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential in the sales department
Cons
Occasionally not being able to keep up with demand, not a good place to work if you do not want to work nights and weekends
Fun place to work
Sales Representative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMay 15, 2017
Coworkers were great to work along side with. Management was great with employee issues and they were very understanding with days off. Pay was not great and neither is the benefits.
It is a steady job that gives you what it says it will.
Product Estimator Special Operations (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 14, 2017
I love the people I work with and my bosses. Unfortunately I see very little room to grow from where I am at. I work a lot, about 55 hrs a week on average. I feel like I excel, but in the end I am a work horse, and I worry about automation.
Pros
Good people, abundance of overtime.
Cons
Very few chances to move up, work can become very repetitive and mindless.
Drive all day for tiny pay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 12, 2017
Your leads depend on your manager. If you kiss his ring, you get good leads. If not, you suffer. The commission is LOW! You'll have to work 6 days a week to hit $50k, and your car expense is a killer. You may sell a job, but someone in the back office ticks the customer off and they cancel...there goes your pay. Look for a job somewhere else.
Pros
Not many
Cons
You'll be micro-managed from start to finish
Work week is Seven Days
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
Training was good in product knowledge was all pumped up and ready to start selling. However decided this was not for me even though you are self employed company demands two and a half weeks notice if you want any time off. It was made clear that the work week is the full week 7 days, no days off. 9am to 7pm appointment schedule not including driving to appointments, finalizing paperwork, then at end of day faxing all paperwork in. Then phone follow up to make sure everything received and correct.
Also required 8.30 am conference sales call if you do not call you are most likely not going to get any further appointments. Been in sales long enough to figure out this is a churn the sales people in and churn them out NEXT......in line.
from reading other reviews here it is obvious those who control the appointments can make or break you financially and physically. Sad they have a great opportunity to make this a company that sales people beg to get in the door, but the culture and seeds have been set the way they are doing it for to long now. Thank heavens there are these outlets to express your experience and let others know. If you can get past all this and have no problem with the hours great. I believe there are other sales jobs that have benefits and not burn out hours with the opportunity to make a good or great living.
A sales job with benefits 2 days off earning $65,000 to $70,000 is better than self employed no benefits making $85,000 to $90,000 working seven days long hours driving all day no personal life no retirement, healthcare coverage and making sure you pay
  more... taxes.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Today LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8