Empire Today LLC

Empire Today LLC Employer Reviews

Lots of arguing and yelling, unhappy coworkers
Office Manager Branch Accountant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
The corporate office and the branches do not communicate or know what each other is doing. Constant yelling between some managers and their employees.
Great place if you're wanting to just be remain where you are
Junior CRM Developer (Former Employee), Northlake, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: coffee machines
Cons: very work driven, not a good work/life balance, don't really have great benefits package. pretty par for the course. for a single, it's 200/month with a 500$ deductible.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and felt like a part of a team. If you take the time and invest it, you'll succeed, but expect to spend a lot of time outside work to do so, for those who are average Joe's like me.

Now the downside:

Stated that they would mentor me, but took me submitting my feedback review (30day) to get them to even listen when I had been struggling. After that it improved some.

If you want to be successful, expect to do a lot of work outside of work. Projects can be worked on for months then scrapped because it's not working right and then you're pushed back to square one.

However, there is very little advancement within the company. It looked like there was some lateral movement, later on if desired, but if you're looking for vertical mobility and moving through the ranks, then I suggest you pass up Empire in favour of bigger company.

I wouldn't work here again. There's better companies out there, but there are worse ones.
Productive and great place to work for.
Data Entry (Former Employee), el paso txNovember 21, 2014
calm and traquil place to work for. very laid back job with great management.
Sad Location
Installation Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 29, 2014
Cons: everything
The L A Mkt location was the most miss managed and very hostile from the start and all the way until the end
It's retail
Contractor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 16, 2014
It is not a bad place to work for retail. They went through a lot of growth. After their expansion, they found ways to get rid of people.
My job was good
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 13, 2014
Installers horrible!! Measuing carpet and window treatments, filing contracts.
fast pace of sales
In-Home Sales (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily
Cons: long hours with a lot of mileage on car
Would run 4-6 appointments a day of in house sales.
One call closing. Days and nights were filled with appointments. Very fun group of people to share experiences with on a weekly basis.
Awesome place to work if you want to make a lot of money
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Odenton, MDOctober 7, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: 60-70 hour weeks, 6 days a week, 400-500 miles a week.
If you're willing to die for it, you will do well at Empire. You're only limited by your own ability to push and drive your success.
A lot of promise, no results
Independent Flooring Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule. potential if you get the leads promised to you
Cons: no leads, low commission structure.
The 3 week paid($300 per week) training program was originally supposed to consist of 3 weeks in the classroom and 1 week of ride along consisted of about 2 weeks in the classroom and 1, that is right, 1 ride along. It has now been 3 weeks since I got going and I have been given 1 lead. That lead ended up being useless since the customer wasn't home.

Not sure why Empire Today would still have an add to hire in Raleigh since they can't keep their current reps busy. I still get the daily recap emails and they always say leads are down, despite these huge sales. I have been on the street trying to produce my own leads to no avail. ET isnt the only game in town anymore, and their product/service seems to be a bit overpriced. So, even if you do sell something, you are stuck at around a 5% commission. Being an independent contractor on a 5% commission is not going to cut it.
call center atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Junction City, KSSeptember 24, 2014
was boring at times and not very structured....management was good but never really knew what was going on
Maybe good for floors but not employees
Order Entry (Former Employee), Northlake, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: customer service week
Cons: just about everything
If you are not a sales person you don't have that much room to grow with the company. The insurance deductibles are high and they don't even have vision insurance just a discount program? The incentives are minimal. The leads, supervisors, and managers are unaware of the daily grind on how to do things and there is zero accountability from anyone in a high place when things go wrong and they do every single day. You are reprimanded if you are a whistle blower and human resources is a joke. You do get fed a few times out of the year but the enviornment is like highschool.....think silos of people that stay away from each other but love to gossip about one another. Sure you can get through a day of work there but why should you have to survive work? If you are considering working for them don't walk, run away from the idea!
Interview will tell you all you need to know
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 14, 2014
I interviewed with this company for the outside sales position. The recruiter from California misrepresents the position. Once in person it was very clear that this is a cattle call for anyone willing to spend their time and money on a wild goose chase. The leads are not qualified in any way and the commission structure is very minimal. People are calling for information or estimates, yet you are expected to run all over town and hopefully get some sort of compensation.

They are constantly hiring and it is clear why. RUN RUN RUN!
Work day
Branch Office Manager/Accountant (Former Employee), Buda, TXAugust 28, 2014
My belief is each day is a new and different day. I would enter in invoices, money received and enter in payroll for all employees/contractors. On an everyday basis I would make sure the daily operations of the office were in order and functional. I also assisted and/or backed up the Sales department along with Install department. I did daily and weekly reports to maintain metrics and P&L for the branch. I also handled the Human Resources side of the branch to make sure we complies with corporate and when now employees/contractors were hired. Another task on a daily basis is the AP & AR for the branch would be entered in and maintained efficiently. Then I would also work with the customer to make sure we ensured great customer service.
good work atmoshpere
Contractor (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 18, 2014
There was always a job to do, and it was quite a good place to work.
good work atmoshpere
Contractor (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 18, 2014
There was always a job to do, and it was quite a good place to work.
6 weeks was too long
Sales (Former Employee), NashvilleAugust 14, 2014
The training consisted of learning the products and paperwork for two weeks but in no way trained you for what occurs in the field such actually filing credit apps. So the second week I made a mistake on a credit app and was punished for it, good leads dried up and I was only getting 1 appointment a day. I was sent to a place an hour away for some bozo that wanted 20 square feet of carpet for his hall.

I worked for Empire for about six weeks and had enough. I was hired with 6 people who had all quit before me but I was financially stable enough to keep at it. The first week was great because I actually made great money but only to find out that the manager had fed me some good leads to get me hooked. The management was a nasty crew that snarled at you literally. Weekly sales meetings were required, not a big deal but it consisted of the manager saying how great he was and how we sucked. One girl I was hired with walked out and quit during one of those meetings.

As a salesperson you don't know one day from the next what your sales appointments are like, so you can't plan your week in any way, shape, or fashion. You have to assume to leave your days open for Empire from 8am till 8pm and Saturdays till 3pm. Empire generally does not give you the customer's phone number so there's no way to follow up if the customer is not there. If the customer is not there this is counted against you as a lost sale. Lost sales also include if the customer has bad credit.

my advice is don't do it, I was spending more per week in gas and other business expense than I was making.
poor
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee), oakmont paAugust 7, 2014
Great staff but headaches and problems every day. arguing with customers and installers very demanding and the job just beats you down. salary sucks because you put in over 60 hours per week.
Liked it at first
Sales Contractor (Former Employee), North Haven,CTAugust 6, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: just about everything else
Was a sales contractor for Empire for about a year and a half. Liked it at first. Had over 20 years of sales experience going in. You do have to incorporate, or no leads. Not a big deal. You will spend more in gas, car wear and tear, etc than you will probably make. In the 18 mos I was there, I saw literally a couple hundred sales contractors come and go. Leads are given to "the chosen few", which I was one of... until a new "sales manager" comes in. The leads are now actually graded according to the likelihood of them being closed. Its definitely a one call close operation, but you do get some go-backs. Sometimes the go-backs are actually given to someone else, if the customer calls into the 800#....so followup is important to a degree. Next day installs are a pain.... the install dept isnt really set up for it, logistically.

Tons of paperwork, faxing late at night.

Overall, I would say "stay away".
very stressful and consumes your daily life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2014
job is always busy, very little staff. I have been signed up for mandatory Overtime for 3 months. Its really draining when you have children
Willingness to approach complete strangers required.
In-Store Marketer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 10, 2014
Must be friendly & not be discouraged by rejection. Self-motivation a plus. Many long intervals between potential prospects & customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Empire Today LLC

Our mission at Empire Today® is to secure loyal customers for life. Our employees strongly believe in this mission and work – Read more

Empire Today LLC Photos