Empire Transportation Employee Reviews

Great co workers...awful management.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 18, 2017
Bittersweet experience. My co workers were great people. Work was very steady. Pay was decent. Management was awful. You had two individuals in particular that would bury if you if you didn't kiss their butt. Which is the reason why I left this job. You have a lot of freedom when driving your route, but passengers are quick to call in on you and complain. Overall it was a good stepping stone.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Management (W+M)
Decent work environment. Busy but not too stressful
Parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 17, 2017
Had to walk about a mile to where I started. Mornings consisted of getting out supplies and waiting or cars to show up. It was busy during certain times, but not too stressful. Co-workers are friendly as well.
Empire Transporation
Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I was there for 13 years.
worked with Sarasota county Area Transport
Love working with people and Clients
working with computers
I enjoy going to work everyday
Pros
the Drivers
Cons
nothing
Unprofessional Management Team
Driver (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 26, 2016
You walk in the office and staff just stares at you. When someone does assist you it's in the Blandest way. If you're not kissing butts you're not acknowledged, on any given day you know what other employees are going through cause H.R is definitely not discrete.
Pros
Doing something I love to do
Cons
The work environment
A Productive and safe work place
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with Empire Transportation that company help me get started with my new career and I miss all my co-workers . It was a positive and safe , and most of all the passengers I never had a problem . Management was awesome always there to help and give me positive feed back . the hardest part of my job at first was learning the Routes at first but became very simple after a few runs. Empire is a good Place to get started in the transit industry.
Pros
Being able to have at least 15 minute layover during routes
Cons
Bus breaking down, and unruley passengers
must enjoy driving and working with people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CASeptember 26, 2015
great company to work room for advancement long hours nice busses.you experience a different feeling at each location.sometimes lots of overtime.
Pros
being your own boss
poor work inviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 18, 2015
No schedule, it was almost an on call position. Too much "down time" at which you only received half pay which was below minimum wage. Fellow drivers and passengers were friendly and a pleasure to be around.
Pros
It was a position where you helped people in need
Cons
as mentioned above; no schedule and down time
Co-workers are great company should pay drivers more.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 14, 2015
The typical day is you drive your route and go home,what i learned here is that the company only cares about them self's and you are replaceable. Management is not the greatest but the drivers are nice.The hardest part of job is the schedule they give you it has splits and you start at( 6 am-9 am )then come back at (11 am-8 pm). The good part about working here is helping people and the friends you make at work.
Pros
No free anything.
Cons
No incentive to go up in ladder.
Very flexible with scheduling, and I am able to listen to music while I work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I begin my mornings with invoices and going through each of the drivers paperwork. Typically the phone calls I receive on a daily basis involve providing transportation for current and new clients. I complete contractual agreements and confirmations. I communicate with our clients on availability and I am constantly communicating with drivers and management regarding changes for the day, times and schedules. Because I work for a small company, I am typically by myself throughout the day. The hardest part of my job is balancing all of the duties. Because I am responsible for all the documents that leave my office, I must make sure that they are correct. Minor errors can cause delays in payment, tardiness from drivers and a host of other things.

The most enjoyable part of my job is how family oriented it is. Everyone is easy going and management tries to make it as stress free as possible. We are a team and we try our best to work with one another so that our clients stay happy and most importantly that we create a healthy, fun, and enjoyable work experience.
Productive Company
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 27, 2013
it's a stable company where career advancement is available
Pros
my own time
Cons
not that much hours
This place is something else
Administrative Assistant/Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAJuly 15, 2013
I did accouting then got moved to the shop to handle all billing and invetory and also DOT for all 100+ buses assisted the manager and was left to fo it all the co workers are awesome we worked excellent as a team
Pros
all drivers and mechanics and shop staff worked as a team
Cons
no benefits owner took away vacation to have more money is his pocket
tractor trailer driver at Empire Transportation
Recycle Appliances, OTR/Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2013
typically 12 hour work days, periodically overnights
load and unload pallets
learned how to do some service work on a truck
transport goods from warehouse to warehouse
supportive co-workers
the hardest part of the job was the inconsistency in workloads from time to time
the most enjoyable part of my job was being home most nights
Poor management, tight time restaints, nice co-workers and passengers
driver (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAApril 2, 2013
A typical work day is staying very busy. There were no lunches and very few breaks. Management didn't want to hear about any problems that needed to be addressed. Most of the co-workers were nice and trying to manage as best they could. The hardest part of the job was unrealistic time restraints especially with no lunch or breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the passengers and meeting new people.
Ok to work for
Operations Supervisor/ Behind The Wheel Trainer (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 3, 2013
they have brand new buses that are nice to drive. 76 in all. They have thomas, areo elite, type 7, type 2 and trolles
It was a very good learning experience and fun.
Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Disney, Anahiem, CaDecember 31, 2012
It was a good company and enjoyed working with all the customers we provided transportation for.
Pros
free pass to disney
Cons
traffic to and from work