Empire Vision Employee Reviews in United States

Beehive kind of job
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewitt, NYApril 27, 2013
The day was always busy with patients coming in and out of the office.
I learned patience and how to deal with issues that arise between fellow employees.
The management always made sure the patients were satisfied.
My co-workers were okay.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with everyone's needs without the cooperation of my fellow co-workers.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone pick out their glasses and talking to the little restless children in the lobby to keep them from making their parents insane.
Fast paced, high volume environment yet very productive and made enjoyable by co-workers
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 5, 2013
A typical day at work normally consists of general patient care. It involved everything from authorizing insurances to frame styling in order to ensure the patient has left with the best possible eye wear to fit their lifestyle needs.

I have currently worked at 3 different store locations and each location I have had nothing but positive experiences. The doctors, co-workers, and all but one manager have been phenomenal. Each of us learn from each other on a daily basis as technology and the eye industry is constantly moving forward and developing new products.

The hardest part of the job would most likely be when I first started. I work for one of the busier stores in our region so I had to quickly adapt to the high business volume and fast paced environment.

The most enjoyable part would be having co-workers that make the work day seem less stressful, and go by much more quickly.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great benefits
Contact lens technician/optical assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYOctober 20, 2014
Great benefits just not the best management, too much turnover
Helping
optical assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJuly 31, 2014
My typical day at Empire Vision was checking in patients and pre screening them for the Dr. I have learned how to check the RX in glasses. The management was okay. I loved who I worked with until everyone left. The hardest parts of the job was being the only one at the desk and get them checked in and taking phone calls and helping someone look at glasses. What I enjoyed most about the job was we made it our own little family, everyone’s birthday we had a party and all had lunch together.
Pros
a hour lunch
Cons
mad dr
Easy going environment
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Slower paced environment that allows you adequate time with each customer to ensure they receive the best care possible. Competitive prices make you feel good about what you are selling to the customer. Wonderful hours, being a union position there are no Sundays or Holidays and you only work until 4 on Saturday which makes it great for having a family.
Pros
great hours
Cons
the pay rate is not very competitive compared with other locations
Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rome, New YorkNovember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun coworkers and getting the opportunity to meet new people
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no benefits
Good job
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYMay 15, 2015
Never learned so much in my life, everyday was an experience. Working with great Doctors on a daily basis, and dealing with patients made for a very nice day at times.
Pros
Doctors and patients
Cons
Retail hours
enjoyable staff including the eye doctor
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego NYNovember 5, 2014
The eye doctor was an amazing man that treated me with the most up respect and always impressed with my work habits. Any time we received a new machine I was such a quick learner. That I was the only staff member that met the doctors requirement of sales.
Pros
union job
Cons
retail hours and had to work till 8pm several days a week
Productive Workplace
Machine Cylinder Operator (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYApril 5, 2014
I would start my shift by collecting a list of assignments and I would then go to my assembly line and wait for the lens to come through and polish them. I learned how to inspect for lens scratches and proper eye care.
Pros
hours were always available
Cons
unorganized work environment
the company average
Cylinder Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2012
the co workers are good i learn alot of skills hardest part of jobs is the smell of alloyed
Pros
good co works and supervisors
Cons
the higher ups are usually not right especially hr
Productive & fun workplace
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2012
Met with customers and helped them pick our frames. I was a frame stylist