SEEKING A CNC Horizontal Mill Operator
Employer Solutions Corporation (ESC), a provider of professional employer services, including staffing, consulting and compliance services is seeking a CNC Horizontal Mill Operator for a project that has a projected duration of at least 1 year. This is a Temp-to-perm position. This job is Third Shift position working 10-6 and could either be on a Sunday-Thursday or a Monday-Friday and require overtime during week and weekends.
Location: Ripon, CA
Projected Duration: 1 Year
Do your skills and experience include?
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads. Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Our client is currently interviewing and placing the right candidates. If you believe you fit the above position profile requirements, ESC wants to speak with you! Please respond to this posting with your qualifications and include the best time and contact number for follow-up communication.
We look forward to placing you with our client!
Indeed - 2 years ago