EMPLOYERS Employee Reviews

Poor Management, Minimum Wage and Revolving Door Recruitment Policy
Central Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  LeedsAugust 6, 2016
I worked in Central Reservations in Leeds. The office operates many different shift patterns, with a mainly female workforce. I found the work quite dull and repetitive, involving booking hotel and spa breaks to targets, with poor computer systems which hindered the booking process and made what should have been a simple process, unnecessarily laborious and complicated. I was made to feel like just a number, easily replaceable, and was not treated respectfully when asking for help when trying to learn the system, and was constantly interrupted on the phone when dealing with customers, which I found very unprofessional.

The minimum wage and poor conditions (no breaks on Sundays and no sick pay for first 3 days of sickness) prompted me to look externally for a better paid position with better prospects.
Pros
Discounted hotel stays, free parking
Cons
No sick pay for first 3 days, poor systems and lack of support from management
Changing Culture
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 5, 2016
Garlock Printing and Converting has been a privately owned business since 1987 in only 3 people and now has over 400 people in Gardner, MA and over 100 people in Reno, NV.

The culture is changing, additional senior management has been added, and processes are being improved.

This is not your father's Garlock! Positive changes are moving the company forward.
Pros
Management is showing appreciation for their employees.
Cons
12 hour shifts - but you know your schedule.
Always waiting at pick up and drop off sites. No detention time.
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, MIApril 21, 2016
Waiting on loading and unloading without compensation. Have to watch your check so your not shorted runs. Nothing is itemized.
Pros
Healthcare after 90 days
Cons
No holidays, sick or vacation days. Also never know what your doing till last minute.
Director
director (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Time off is great. Boss is great. Culture is great. No complaints from me none at all.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
time off
Harrassed and Discriminated
audit processor (Former Employee) –  reno, nvAugust 31, 2015
They care only about production numbers, not the customers. They support harassment and discrimination by management and supervisors. They are starting to hire college students with little to no experience before promoting long term employees. You certainly have to "fit" their idea of whats acceptable to move up. If you are young, female, have no experience, wear stilettos and dress like you are from New York financial district this is the place for you!
Pros
Benefits are so so.
Cons
Nosey co-workers and uneducated management.
Great Place
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2016
Great Place, great people good company

Good work life balance, good place good place, good location in charlotte NC

Great people
Great pay and benefits
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  GlendaleFebruary 12, 2015
In the competitive industry of workers this company had one of the highest pay ranges and best benefits. Work/life balance was pretty flexible. Unfortunately, the company went through some changes in 2012 and re-located some staffing or I would still be part of the team. I will keep trying to apply and get back in.
Pros
Pay, benefits, holiday party
It's not what it seems.
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sugar House, UTMarch 9, 2016
It's door to door sales. There. I just saved you 3 interviews.

2 to 3 interview process. They explain their training structure very well. I wasted a whole day doing interviews for this company and found out by myself that it's door to door sales. I almost quit a well paying job to come here.
Pros
Cons
They make it seem like a very professional place to work but when it comes down to it, your going door to door in 90 degree weather to earn unstable pay.
22+years to this!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 5, 2015
A typical day at work.... probably 2 of the 12-15 hour day that I worked was rewarding to anyone. I enjoyed and learned from my guest and employees what was truly the ONLY meaning of why I was here.When I came to this company 20+ years ago the way we controlled cost was by exceeding our guest expectations.This has been completely been thrown to the wayside! Now it is about how much money I can shave,and bring to the bottom line.
Pros
Making my guest truly happy, my employees were excited to come to work because of this
Cons
There is not one benifit that could make up the fact, that they DONOT CARE
good Place to work
Branch Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 19, 2015
I don't have much negative to say, I love to work here. The people are kind and like any place there are bad days but the job security is good and the company is making many good changes.
Great place to work with great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 13, 2015
I enjoy working here. The leaders are amazing. They invested in my career with training and development. I was always busy with meaningful and challenging work.
Excellent place to have worked
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 27, 2012
My review of the company would be that as a whole the benefits of me working there outweigh the change they had to make. I would give them a 8 out of 10, if I had to rate them. The people there were knowledgeable in what they know. Having never had to work in this environment before, It was an educational experience, learning some law and rules of how Worker's Comp actually work, and how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
the fact that i could not still be working there, because of the change.
Illegal and uninspiring place to work
Executive in Provider Network (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxMay 30, 2014
I learned that junior high cliques are alive and well. This company has a history of not responding to customers, ignoring problems and fostering discrimination.
Pros
Some benefits are ok
Cons
No one cares if you do your job or not, only if you belong to the right party group.
Great work place
Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 27, 2014
I did learn how to manage people with great effectiveness. The job was demanding, but you felt as if you were sincerely needed for the skill you provided. I only left the company because of personal reasons.
Pros
Great people, pay and benefits.
Cons
None!!!
Great workplace
Underwriter Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCFebruary 9, 2012
Overall great place to work. They definately make sure there everyone has a good work life balance.
Worst of the worst
accounting (Current Employee) –  calabasasOctober 25, 2013
CEO bullies his employees CFO can't even do simplest of excel tasks
Pros
Cons
they hire to fire
Friendly work environment and great experience.
MAINTENANCE / HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Coral SpringsMay 31, 2014
Every day I learned something new. It is a fun environment to work due to having new customers. The hardest part of the job is the urgency of getting things done. The most enjoyable part is to be able to help people and have a safe and clean environment for them to shop.
Good Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2012
This company has been through a lot of change in recent years and they appear to be pulling out ahead.
worst
SR Work Comp Examiner (Former Employee) –  Glendale,CaMay 21, 2013
Glendale,Ca. Very unprofessional, the co. will interview lots of candidates with no plan of hiring.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Still wonder why it still operating
Worst company to work for
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  USMay 15, 2013
This Company is very unprofessional. Avoid thiis company at all cost.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL