Employment Group Employee Reviews

Experience as a temp
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 15, 2017
The best part working for a temp agency is the flexibility and opportunity to choose what assignments your interested. The varied of work experience, free software learning, and refreshing your typing skills. Hardest part of is there is no guarantees of permanent employment. Assignment can end any time for no given reason.
Pros
Free learning opportunities, learning new work experiences and pay weekly
Cons
Can be let go anytime from an assignment
Quality inspection
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. The job was fast paced and plenty of overtime. I need to work as many hours available. I also enjoyed the people I worked with.
Helps you to find a job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 3, 2017
This is the main place if I need a job I call them and they are right there to give me a job. There knowledge of the different types of jobs they offer is amazing.
Pros
job when you need one
Cons
pay is low
They are good to work for.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed the job I was given. The company I worked for was bought out by another company. I would recommend this company to someone looking for employment.
Low stress work great environment
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2017
All tasks are simple and performed on a daily basis, having an efficient routine can easily be achieved.The work requires independence and the ability to manage tasks in a timely manner. Management is laid back. The most enjoyable part of my work is that it is almost never stressful and the environment is clean and safe.
Pros
Low Stress, Clean and Safe Environment
Cons
Low pay
Inspection
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 19, 2017
Sending people to many production company to inspected bad product, we never stay in one place which is good when I not trying to hirer in anywhere
Pros
different enivironment
Cons
communication toward employer were rural
Produtive
production (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed coworkers learned pad printing and panting parts, bead blasting hardest part was making sure I didn't get paint on parts
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 8, 2016
Employment Group was one of the best temp agencies that I worked for. The staff was very friendly, and found me jobs very quickly. Often times they would have a position for me to start the same day. And they were long term, or temp to hire positions.
Pros
Long term positions
Cons
Minimal pay and no opportunity for advancement
Factory
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 15, 2016
Was hired in as a temp to help fill positions at IAC with possible permanent hire in for the line I was currently on. The applying process was very easy to get through them, the staff at employment group is very helpful at finding a position for you.
Dlf
Pallet Repair, DLF Container System (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Working dor employment group was the first temp service I worked for the pay could have been better but thanks for the work they provided.
Cons
pay
good with working with people and also cleaning
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 7, 2016
I loved everything about that job. The co- workers were great people and the hardest part of the job was really nothing. The most enjoyable part of this job is cleaning the rooms and making sure the rooms were clean and good.
Good Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 30, 2015
I was a warehouse associate and I started work at 6:30a-3:30p. I opened boxes and poured fruit into a hobbit so they can be processed and bagged. I also broke down the machine to wash after the fruit went through.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No advancement
Friendly co-workers
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIDecember 6, 2015
Friendly people, didn't like all the hours worked. Job duties were easy. Clean working environment. Friendly supervisor
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
too much overtime
Working temporary jobs at various businesses
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIDecember 3, 2015
They did well on placing individuals into jobs according to experience and skill levels. Often times going out of their way to find the correct position for each individual.
Great experience for it being a temp service
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 23, 2015
Would recommend thisagency for anyone looking for employment. Had a good experience working for the companies I was sent to.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
temporary assingments
no communication
Field Associate (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 21, 2015
There is little to no communication with the associates. There is an on site team member on scheduled days and times, however your schedule may conflict with theirs. They don't even go through emergency exit plans, or any thing needed really.
not valued
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 6, 2015
over worked with little breaks. management is terrible about managing workers. leaders don't train well and set yourself up for failure.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun and makes your work day go by fast
janitor (Current Employee) –  Ada, miAugust 18, 2015
I learn to have fun at work, work hard will make your day go by fast. Always have smile because it will get you farther in life. The management is good and very friendly.
Temp agency
Production worker for Landscape Forms (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 8, 2015
Employment group is your typical temp agency. Mostly industrial type jobs with little pay offered. Some jobs are so nice that the employees have stayed with the company through employment group for 10 plus year.
Pros
Some jobs are nice
Cons
Low wages
Productive and Fast paced
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 7, 2015
The training that was provided was mainly about safety and how to properly complete the task given. one of the most important things that I've learned while at the job was to always follow instructions and safety rules. The management was always willing to work with the employees to resolve problems in a timely manner to continue production. My co-workers were friendly and took their jobs seriously. The hardest part of the job was making sure that none of the parts that I had to inspect had major defects and if I found one then i would report it right away. I enjoyed the fast paced environment and how rare it was to be sent home early because of production ending early for the night because of major errors.
Pros
Met new people, learned new things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Employment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9