Employment Plus Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 26, 2015
In the 6 months I was there upper management had fired all employees but me, the awful staffing supervisor and the insane administrative assistant. I was laid off (thank God) as I was the only one who was able to collect unemployment. The upper management all have since moved on, hopefully things have gotten better.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 2, 2015
Fast paced work environment with opportunities for growth. Helpful interaction with staff and co worker alike. Steady/overtime hours and clear directions pertaining to job description
Assembly line
Packer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
Work isnt guaranteed but do get certain orders that can have you work everyday with overtime. The job is easy and anyone can do it. If line leaders like you then you will work through layoff periods. The coworkers arent too cool. There is usually verbal disputes over small things everyday. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY BENEFITS!
Pros
2 Thirty minute breaks, weekends off.
Cons
No benefits, unorganized, not so intelligent employees, layoff periods are guaranteed.
Wasn't what I expected
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIOctober 23, 2015
Had to go in to see if they had work for you every day,I was lucky if I worked 3 days a week.Management was okay,co-workers didn't really talk to new employes much,the job wasn't hard,didn't enjoy anything about this job.
Pros
got to go out side to smoke a cigarette.
Cons
Had to show up every day in would only get 3 days of work.
Its a Temp Service you dont really expect to much and not much is given.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 14, 2015
My onsite representative was amazing and helped me get hired on. It was nice to see that people that cant understand english with basic math skills and fresh to North America are so well taken care of and shown how to get hired on
co workers
Assembly of GM/Ford door panels (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 6, 2015
I have work with a lot of wonderful people and that's what its all about working with others well to get the job done. working with a team to get the job done and helping each other when needed.
Pros
working with a good and friendly manager
Cons
sometimes not always being friendly is good
What you learned
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 3, 2015
Your co-workers Learning different tasks Production line worker hard worker dependable work well with others Everyday was a good day teamwork nothing hard breaks were we will be able to talk to co-workers
Poor managment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 21, 2015
when the first place that I was sent to did not work out, they never got back in touch with me at to where they would send me next. No followup.
Pros
Cons
poor managment
Janitorial Floor Maintenance Supervisor
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYSeptember 15, 2015
Cleaning Production floor from different car part metal, clear oil and water spills from the arear, pumping machine pits when assigned. Also supervising the employees I was over and evaluating them there assignments as well as work ethics.
a typical day at work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Company offer many assignments. They are respectful of what they clients need and want. If offered another position i would take it as long as it is long term.
Pros
good customer service skills
Cons
short assignments
security officer, frontdesk,loss prevention
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2015
A typical day was either downtown chicago doing front desk guarding for one of the famous buildings in chicago called the Sullivan Center. I also worked the inner city at the mall Ford City mall in loss prevention.I learned that the sullivan center was a famous building and at the mall site i learned that pregant women steal too. lol My coworkers were very friendly and knoledgable about the job details and management was very hands on to not be at site with employees the hardest part of the day was sitting for long periods and the best part of the day was lunch because i got to stroll the streets of downtown chicago.
Pros
pay benefits and light work
Cons
sitting with nothing to do for long periods
a good starter job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 31, 2015
Go to work, perform disc handling and packaging in an assembly line, clean work area, and go home not much else past that. management kept things running and coworkers were there, it payed and it was a good opportunity at the time.
Pros
long shifts, easy tasks, sense of accomplishment
Cons
lack of hours
Communication was horrible, job was ok, machines broke down frequently
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 27, 2015
Overall, the assembly line work was fast paced, but doable. Material handling job was fast paced too. I had to work on more than one line at a time. Communication from management was horrible - from top to bottom. Machines broke down constantly, so there was a lot of downtime. Waited for maintenance or engineers anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes to fix problem - we thought. The same problems occurred over and over before they finally fixed them. We missed a lot of trucks and couldn't meet demands from companies. Management told us this too. Very disorganized company.
However, I was very impressed that the president of the company was on the floor very often to watch what was being done. This is very rare for any company. My supervisor was very nice and helped out. Some of the coworkers also helped educate me on what to do and where to go.
Work Outlook
Kik Custom Products (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2015
Well I'm going to start by saying the day was good n it's a good work environment. When you work at a warehouse it teaches you how to go at a fast paste and to stand without sitting none stop get s your legs strong and stocky. Another thing you learn at a warehouse is to focus on nothing else but what you are doing. The management is good there they do not tolerate any domestic violence or any violence PERIOD. Some co-workers are friendly but then you got some who can be very mean and hateful. The hardest part of warehouse jobs would be putting caps on bottles because some bottles would over flow but you have to go at the past of the machine so it really could hurt your eyes. My most enjoyable part to me was lunch time because you can go outside and just sit for a little bit but it would be worth it.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Working with people who doesn't work
Great Place to work
Site Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work, with great people in the office doing the interviewing and job placement. The only bad thing is that they don't take applications in the office everyday.
3 month temp job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 22, 2015
I worked for them in order to be hired full time for Cook Polymer Tech. My job duties were the same as for Cook Polymer Tech. I would work for them again.
Poorly managed temporary service
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 27, 2015
Workers were left unsupervised the majority of the day. Management was only present for startup meetings, then nowhere to be found the remainder of the work day. Co-workers tried to organize the workload themselves, often not completing the days requirements.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Very helpful and considerate when finding you placement
Light Industrial (Current Employee) –  Howell MichiganJuly 27, 2015
Always supportive because unforseen occrances do happen in our day to day life and they continue on with assisting especially if they can tell your sincere.
Pros
working straight through
Cons
No overtime
productive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2015
i would go in at 3 get off at 11. the coworkers were awesome. i gained the skills cooperation. the enjoyable part was the self sufficiency and the most difficult was the comfort.
Very productive with a variety of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 12, 2015
This was a interesting place to work. I learned a lot about the trucking industry. There was a variety of work that kept me busy throughout my shift. That is what I enjoyed. I was also able to assist other which is something that I desire doing.