Employment Plus Employee Reviews

they always have work that needs to be done and with pretty good pay
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNJanuary 9, 2017
employment plus is a temp agency place people hire them to find people like me to go work for different company's or private contractors. what i learned while working for them. i learned how to make concrete and how to use it effectively to build a wall. i learned how to put docks in and even how to pull heavy and big trailers behind a truck since I've never done that before. i never worked with the same people more than a week at most but all the bosses i had were very nice hard working people who expected the best from me. i guess the hardest part of the job would be the physical toll on my body but i actually really liked that i got a good workout in while on the job. and the best part for working for them is they were never short of work that needed to be done with decent pay as well.
Pros
job security
Good Company
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 10, 2016
Overall this is a good company to work for with nice co-workers, good work life balance, and good compensation/benefits.
The work was fine it was the employees that made the job difficult
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2017
I would work here if I am in need of a job. The work was fun and enjoyable. I could perform the job task with no problem. The hours where great! The only problem was the employees. They were not mindful of other peoples space and privacy. The Ladies bathroom was unsanitary and not up to standards. The cleaners would it but the workers ,would not clean up behind their selves.
Great place to work if you're at headquarters
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Offered great flexibility, with the opportunity to gain work independence experience. Headquarters seemed the placed to be, especially when they flew us out to IN for the holiday party.
Employment Plus
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at work is normally 8-10 hours a day at a factory doing general labor. I learned that you have to be patient before getting any work or being hired into the company. My co-workers are different each job so you learn how to communicate and balance out different personalities while at work. The hardest part of the job is they normally fire you within 90 days due to the contract of being a Part time or Temp worker. The most enjoyable Part is that its always something different when you working if you like to change things up.
short term employment
labor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 12, 2017
working as a labor for an employment service company
trying to achieve a full-time status for any company that needs tempory labors
I was placed at a company helping them perform their daily job orders this helped me to achieve a full-time status at the company that I was sent to help
Nice experience
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2017
The experience that I gained at Employment Plus was definitely needed to move on to another employer. Great place to work and great staff. Highly recommend.
crazy
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2016
this was the worst job ever they paid very low money and the times were very long not worth anybodys time trust me employment plus is really terrible
This was a very under paid company to work for!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYSeptember 12, 2016
You worked at factories making less than half what the fulltime employees made and you were not to be hired as a fulltime employee. I spoke to several people that had been there on assignment for 2 years with no offer for fulltime.
security officer, frontdesk,loss prevention
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2015
A typical day was either downtown chicago doing front desk guarding for one of the famous buildings in chicago called the Sullivan Center. I also worked the inner city at the mall Ford City mall in loss prevention.I learned that the sullivan center was a famous building and at the mall site i learned that pregant women steal too. lol My coworkers were very friendly and knoledgable about the job details and management was very hands on to not be at site with employees the hardest part of the day was sitting for long periods and the best part of the day was lunch because i got to stroll the streets of downtown chicago.
Pros
pay benefits and light work
Cons
sitting with nothing to do for long periods
Nice job placement
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 30, 2016
I personally felt as thought they did not correspond with employers nearly enough regarding temp to hire staffing. The office manager was extremely nice and helpful when choosing jobs
Job
Tugger Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2016
Drove a tugger and trail with springs and stuts that I assembly to the lines at Toyota and also loaded rotors and caliber on other trailer and took them to the line. I worked bushing press. I worked in assembly line also!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Couldn't go full time
Horrible Place to Work
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 26, 2015
In the 6 months I was there upper management had fired all employees but me, the awful staffing supervisor and the insane administrative assistant. I was laid off (thank God) as I was the only one who was able to collect unemployment. The upper management all have since moved on, hopefully things have gotten better.
I like the job
packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2016
I like the people. I was a hard worker.I come to work on time. I like working at the job.I like what I was doing at the job. Everybody talk to me and we all got along.
low pay, hard work, with little chance of being hired in.
Line leader (Former Employee) –  Port Huron MiMarch 20, 2013
I worked for them for a company called HP Pelzer. The work was for 8.25 an hour in a factory that was very fast paced and very physically demanding. Though employment plus was great the places they have you work are horrible. If you just need the money or need factory expeirance they're the route to take. I now work for a factory that started m off at 11 an hour and I do way less work< but i gained my expeirance needed through pelzer and employment plus. oh, it takes a year for people to get hired at Pelzer with only a dollar raise...
Pros
quick job
Cons
low possibility for hire in, expensive health insurance, forced over time (weekends and twelves)
Employment Plus
Forklift Driver/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 30, 2016
Fast and reliable contract employer providing staffing fro the Lansing are manufacturing and other forms of employement
Pros
fast placement, reliable staff
Cons
they are located offsite from their staffing employer
Productive and safe work environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 25, 2013
My day consisted of checking and packing parts. I learned about the different types of car parts during training. Unfortunately I got fired for placing the parts wrong on the rack even though I was still in training. I was trained very poorly. The management team were not good at explaining things due to not being able to speak enlish very well. The co-workers were all friendly. The hardest part of the job was working in a dry work environment which made me thirsty alot. I liked the multi-tasking part the best about it.
Pros
professional and friendly staff
Cons
unpaid luch breaks
productive workplace with quality people
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  pitman, NJFebruary 12, 2013
I started work at 7 and ended at 7. I packaged compact disc's on the production line and i also worked the cardboard compactor.The management was ok since we were all temps as long as the work was done on time. Sometimes my coworkers would change sincethe day's were long. the hardest part of the job was the long hours and keeping up with production. Sometimes we would sit around waiting for management to put the work together and get paid for it.
Pros
the work was temporary but we got more than 40 hours a week
Cons
short breaks every 2 hours
Work Outlook
Kik Custom Products (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2015
Well I'm going to start by saying the day was good n it's a good work environment. When you work at a warehouse it teaches you how to go at a fast paste and to stand without sitting none stop get s your legs strong and stocky. Another thing you learn at a warehouse is to focus on nothing else but what you are doing. The management is good there they do not tolerate any domestic violence or any violence PERIOD. Some co-workers are friendly but then you got some who can be very mean and hateful. The hardest part of warehouse jobs would be putting caps on bottles because some bottles would over flow but you have to go at the past of the machine so it really could hurt your eyes. My most enjoyable part to me was lunch time because you can go outside and just sit for a little bit but it would be worth it.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Working with people who doesn't work
Temp to Hire for Gibbs Die Casting
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMay 23, 2016
Always the ability to be hired directly to the company in which you are working for currently. Lots of opportunities for overtime. For that extra cash flow. Team members accept new hires as their own. Productive Environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Employment Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8