EmploymentGroup Employee Reviews

Gladstone Home a bad place to work.
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MIJuly 18, 2016
To much favoritism with the Manager. Manager doesn't like old employees. Co-workers try to get you in trouble by coaching resident's to fill out Resident Right's Form. Co-worker's make you look bad so they look great in the eyes of the Manager of the Home.
Pros
Free Food when working.
Cons
Co-workers
Enjoyable place to work.
Lead Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 10, 2016
a typical day would be to meet with staff and find out what needs needed to be met for the day and come up with a plan to meet those goals.I learned that not every person was a good fit for placement and vice versa. Management was amazing at the time. Very helpful, would always jump in to help when needed as were the co-workers. We worked as a team. The hardest part about the job was finding qualified candidates. The best part was finding that perfect match. I can actually say I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Upper management not giving you a chance to explain if something went wrong..
The job itself is fast-paced and easy to do. I supported cleaners to complete their job as required.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIMay 1, 2016
I liked the location of the job and found it to be a safe environment, My coworkers and assistant managers are great to work with,however, the support of other superiors are severally lacking in accomplishing my job effectively. What appears to be important one day could change from the next day, rules are constantly being added ,this creates a very unpleasant atmosphere to work in.
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI.August 11, 2015
I loved working at EmploymentGroup. I recruited/staffed for a large factory in Kalamazoo. I conducted orientations and tours. I loved all of my coworkers. Unfortunately, I was laid off due to downsizing/budget cuts.
Don't waste your time,
- (Former Employee) –  MasonOctober 30, 2014
They only care about saving money. Don't be surprised if they trade you for $100 dollars.
horrible place to work
production worker IAC (Former Employee) –  mendonSeptember 1, 2014
Supervisor sucked people you work with don't teach you anything they throw you into the job and if you don't know how to do the job they yell at you. Gave me used dirty sweaty gloves to use. Every word out of the other employees mouths about the job was they don't care about the quality of the parts.
Pros
lunches
Cons
supervisor sucked lets all these people screw around on job
DON'T waste your time with them!!!
CSR/Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo/Portage,MIMay 6, 2014
I'm not one for yelling to others, so I'm apologizing now. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EMPLOYEMNT GROUP (at least the Kalamazoo/Portage office). The management is VERY RUDE & NOT PROFESSIONAL at all. They leave a message for their call to be returned only to get another call back (within minutes of the 1st call) saying you didn't answer our attitude evaluation properly...........
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
TOO many to list
Great co-workers who were always willing to go a step further
Office/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIMay 16, 2013
A typical day at work included answering phones which could be very busy, setting up interviews and orientations. Interviewing and performing orientations with new or returning candidates. Informing people that would call or stop in on the process of our application, interviewing process. My co-workers were all very hard working individuals and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding qualified candidates for job openings. The most enjoyable part was putting people back to work. Management always helped or answered questions anytime it was needed.
Pros
Company cared about it's employees.
Cons
None that I can think of except Howell office closed due to ecomony and moved to Lansing.
This is Poor Company to Work For...
CSS (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 28, 2013
I was surprised to see such great ratings for EmploymentGroup on here. It was an awful experience working for them, full of empty promises and low compensation. You are on call but you are not paid more for being on call, it is all included in your salary. The phone starts ringing at 5:30AM and you need to be ready to take those calls. A typical day at work is pooling people for factory positions and hoping they stick when they are called up. I'm not on here to bash the company but I could go on. Before you go any further with this company, ask a lot of questions and do not expect much.
Pros
working with people
Cons
low salary for long hours and being on call every other week, poor management, no support from corporate.
Very productive and great co-workers
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 13, 2012
Interviewed applicants, processed payroll, spoke with clients on a daily basis.
My manager was amazing!
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet so many different people.
Pros
it still is rewarding to this day knowing that people that i placed are still with the same company, i also made lifelong friends
Cons
na

Want to know more about EmploymentGroup?

Ask a question
Amazing place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing MIMay 10, 2012
The people internally and externally are amazing, i'd recommend them to anyone!
Great company and culture
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 7, 2012
I learned a lot from those that managed me during my time there. I thrived in the team atmosphere and learned a lot from "the customer" - a training, paradigm of the time that I was there. Overtime and on call time was paid and I advanced twice in my 4 years there. And received raises according work I had accomplished in addition to normal standard of living increases. I left due to some incompatibility with a manager who was there at the time - she is no longer there.
Pros
culture, training, mentoring
Cons
staffing industry in general

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmploymentGroup. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9