Emporia State University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMay 5, 2017
When I started my last job, I only had a basic understanding of the fundamentals office secretary, but now I have learned how to run a successful and effectively utilize fax machine, make copies
Esu
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSApril 28, 2017
It was a great school to get my undergraduate degree. The classes are small and there is a great deal of one on one support from the teachers there. A great place to be!
Good
Student Volunteer in China (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KsApril 10, 2017
This is a good place to work. My colleagues are competent and supportive. The only reason I am leaving is because I want to change fields and move back to my home country.
Energetic work place producing great young leaders
Associated Student Government Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 19, 2017
Emporia State University is a great employer! Allowed me to successfully balance my school and work life. There was always much energy in the air.
Given that many of the employees are students, there is much turnover. However, Emporia State produces great leaders to carry on the school's good name.
Graduate Assistant-- Marketing and financial reasearcher
Graduate Assistant-- Marketing researcher (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 7, 2017
Great working environment and great people to work with!
I have working here more than one year and it's been a great experience for me! Welcome to ESU!
really nice cowokers and supervisors
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 7, 2017
I feel motivated to wake up every morning! You will always learn from others and keep growing! They will try to help you as much as they can!
Fun workplace with great people to work alongside
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 6, 2016
Emporia State is so inviting with lots of events to keep work fun!
Co-workers were the best to go over and ask questions while getting to know them.
The hardest part of the job is learning who everyone is and who does what.
I learned ESU is fast paced.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work!
Permanent Online Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 28, 2016
Great place to work and a wonderful atmosphere working online with fantastic students! Everyone is very caring and willing to go the extra mile as a student base, faculty and staff!
Best experience of my life
Community Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 9, 2016
Working for the Center for Student Involvement at ESU was truly a dream come true. The staff there is fantastic and the experience is life changing.
Pros
everything
Cons
not enough job opportunities, needs more diversity
great job for students
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 23, 2016
Working at Emporia State while being a student was a great experience. everyone was very supportive and knew that school came. first i needed to take a night off for class they would allow it.
Helps its students and graduate assistants very well.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 23, 2016
Cares about helping other obtain jobs and advance in their careers. It has supportive staff who go out of their way to do the best they can. .
Productive work place
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMay 19, 2016
One of the best places to work in Kinshasa, you learn so much. Good pay. Best management. The boss is really nice, he easily understands when you are sick and cannot go to work.
Excellent to work for
Technology Support Consultant II June (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 18, 2015
This university really cares about its staff. I would like to say that it needs more diverse hiring in management but beyond that it is a solid place to work that cares for its employees and provides great benefits.
Pros
Healthcare, Location, Staff Demeanor
Cons
Outdated Systems
Learning Experience
Enterprise Report Developer (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 13, 2015
Since I am currently only a student worker I can only be exposed to a limited amount of highly sensitive information. I am still able to learn and achieve my job duties, but only if my employers makes sure it is safe.
Pros
Extremely Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay for a student is minimal
Good place to work for students
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 18, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at the biology office at Emporia State University. The job itself was usually pretty slow-paced and had a casual atmosphere. The deliveries for labs were usually live microscopic animals in liquid that had to be aerated as soon as possible, so I usually did that if I could not contact the person in charge of receiving the delivery. Occasionally someone would come in with a snake to identify and that was exciting because I knew a lot about the local snakes, so not only could I identify the snake, but I could also tell the person about the life history of the snake. I took the job partially to get used to talking on the telephone, and I have gotten a lot better at that. I shared the job with one or two other students, and the shifts did not always match up, so sometimes communication with the other student secretaries was not good. Sometimes I would be working on a specific task and would either try to show the next person in the shift what I was doing, or leave a note for them explaining the task. Sometimes the next person in the shift would get confused and do the task incorrectly (or maybe they thought another way was better), or not do the task at all. If they did not do the task, I would just do it on my next shift and it was not an issue. Because the job was only for students, when I graduated I had to leave the job as well.
Pros
casual atmosphere, interesting things brought in
Cons
student-only job, pay was slightly above minimum wage
Great place to work, faculty and staff go out of their way to help others as needed
Head Academic Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KsMarch 26, 2015
Great environment with a great supporting staff that encourages learning and improvement in a nurturing and patient manner. Hardest part of this job is learning the people skills necessary to train and instruct diverse populations of students.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
limited pay- per contract
Excellent Employer
Chair, Department of Counselor Education (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 25, 2015
Emporia State University is an excellent employer if you want to work in higher education. They support faculty, staff and administration.
Pros
Cost of Living, Colleagues, Climate, Community
Cons
Regional School, non-Research 1
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 18, 2014
I was a work study student and I loved working at the college it was great!
Pros
great coworkers flexible schedule
Cons
Great school for Teachers!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 11, 2014
As a graduate teaching assistant, my tasks ranged from simple office duties to leading guided student discussions. I learned how to manage my time and gauge student comprehension from the college level on a part-time basis. I enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere, but their truly wasn't anything to hard about this job. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was teaching students, and seeing their forward progression.
Pros
Fun work environment, good relationships
Nice college in a nice town
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJuly 25, 2014
ESU is a great school. I loved study and live there!

People there are very friendly. Faculty are very friendly to students. Nice culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emporia State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7