Empowr Employee Reviews

Nice company with an Innovative approach
Manager Of Finance (Current Employee) –  californiaMarch 18, 2015
I admire The Core Principle thought of the Company, The idea of democratizing the Social Networks, User responsibility for Networks, Chance of procuring while contributing. It is an imaginative methodology.

Realizing what is empowr about and after that having the capacity to be a piece of the organization has been an extraordinary experience for me. The organization is likewise giving a ton of chances to individuals looking to make the following stride in their vocation.
Pros
Marvelous work, awesome society, phenomenal administration, strong group, great qualities. As I would like to think This Company can possibly go far up in nearing times.
Cons
No negative aspect has been perceived so far.
Empowr is awesome !!
Marketing Person (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed a lot on Empowr because you can earn some cash from what you love to do so you can both enjoy your work and earn some cash too !!!
A Great Company
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
I like The Core Principles of the Company, The concept of democratizing the Social Networks, User ownership of the Networks, Chance of earning while contributing. The working environment is so motivating and friendly. It's a fun place to be in.

This company has he potential to go way up in coming times.
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Great online community
Support staff (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 15, 2014
I've only recenlty worked with them which exlains the missing star in the job security and advancement section. However, since I started working for them, I have learned a lot and the training has been excellent. The company goals were very clear and helped me get a bigger picture of their needs.
Pros
training, flexibility
Always looking forward to Monday mornings
Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2014
Learning what is empowr all about and then being able to be a part of the company has been a great experience for me. I look forward to coming to work each morning - which is something that most people cannot identify with unfortunately.

Monday mornings are the best as that is when the entire company meets so that every department can know which direction the other departments are moving in, and how that relates to the overall business strategy.
Pros
strong management, fun/competitive work environment with supportive teammates, great location
Cons
none that I have felt thus far
Great learning experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2014
Empowr has a lot of talented engineers. I have been an employee here for several years. There are many roles you can fill. Flexible work environment and focused on learning and innovation.
Pros
The working environment has an open atmosphere and, office culture, I’ve enjoyed working with my team and, I believe in the products and, services that we offer to our customers, There are a lot of opportunities here for people looking to take the next step in their career.
Cons
Due to this being a start-up, there are shifts in priorities on a regular basis. It keeps things interesting, but can also be frustrating if you are not used to it.
Great company culture that is a pleasure to work in
Event Planning (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 23, 2014
Finding time on people's calendars can be difficult, but the people are super helpful if you are able to meet with them. Empowr will take as much of your time as you give them, and since everyone is so focused on hitting the company’s mission people are working longer and harder than is even expected of them.
Pros
The values of the company and its management and heads are a perfect match for my own, They make it fun by having regular company outings, free food, and more to build camaraderie and morale
Cons
Because the company has a flexible work schedule, if you don’t manage your time well, you can end up working from home and on the weekends. Efficiency is a must.
It has been a very pleasant experience that has taught me a lot
Associtate (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 21, 2014
Working at this company has allowed me to meet with interesting people and work on products that are used by people all over the world. The company believes in giving its employees as much information as possible as what is happening, so all departments work together and there is no office politics
Working here to see the company grow
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2014
Management was rather generous with making sure everyone was having a good time and not over-worked or stressed out. My co-workers were all good people, quick to smile and assist anyone regardless of what department you were in.
Pros
Awesome work, great culture, excellent management, solid team, good values
Cons
Agile dev team, constant changes, adapting business and product decisons weekly
Fast paced and challenging environment
Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 17, 2014
Everyone that works at this company is smart and motivated. There are always learning opportunities available to tap into, and everyone is rewarded for improving processes and efficiencies that are in place. The more driven you are, the more you will succeed here.
Pros
Working on challenging issues with motivated and competent colleagues is a great experience, Management encourages employee collaboration at all levels, gives all employees the opportunity for upward momentum, Good stock benefits and flexible work hours, Fun environment
Cons
Not everyone can keep up with the pace, You must be a self-starter to appreciate the opportunities this company provides.
Company wants their employees to do well
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMay 14, 2014
Management wants you to do well and offers constructive criticism. There is encouragement to move around and up through the company. The facilities are nice and new. Management also encourages employee involvement in the development of the company.
Pros
Refreshing culture, free communication, nice office space in a great downtown San Diego location.
Cons
Great place to work overall. I don’t have any negatives that I have experienced so far.
Great place to hone your skills and make an impact on the world
Billing Support (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2014
Since the company is growing quickly, there is always something that needs to be done - with not enough time to get it finished in. Time management skills are a must have for this position, and once you get the hang of it, your life is much easier. The job itself is very rewarding as there are customers all around the world benefiting from our product and platform.
Pros
great team to work with, food is included, great office location
Cons
need more resources to get things done faster
Awesome people working at a great company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2014
In my role, I have access to information that all of the departments have going on. It makes me feel included with what is going on in the entire company, which is a great benefit of being in a startup. Being able to contribute to a fast-growing company is very inspiring and a unique position to be in.
Pros
Growing team that is energetic, fun and inspiring, Great office location in downtown San Diego, Meals are included, fun perks, unique product and business model to work for
Cons
Growing quickly, Lot of interviews that can sometimes cause distractions, I suppose that is a good problem to have though
Great opportunity for personal and professional growth
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2014
There are lots of opportunities to take ownership and have a huge impact working at empowr.com

All of the employees are very smart and passionate about the product, and it is a pleasure to come to work with them.

There is a great deal of transparency in the company. There are weekly meetings with all of the employees and management, and there is no office politics that keep you out of what anyone else is working on.
Pros
Perks: free food, drinks, snacks, regular happy hours, outdoor events and the list goes on...
Cons
Office space is starting to get crowded, need to move to a bigger space at the current pace of hiring.
Inspiring Mission That I Can Help Achieve
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2014
Working at empowr has been a complete change for my life. I worked for over 10 years in various companies that never had an exciting mission they were trying to accomplish. It was always just a pay check for me.

Now, I am happy to go to work every day because I believe in the work that I am doing, and so do all of my co-workers.

It's great to connect with people on that level, and feel like you are doing something important.
Pros
Intelligent people who are passionate about their jobs, inspiring CEO, amazing culture, everyone feels empowered to make a difference, company is very efficient, great benefits (gym, delicious food, etc.)
Cons
Fast paced environment, which I enjoy, but may not suit everyone.
“I worry that I may never find such a great work environment again”
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 7, 2014
““I moved here from a larger stable company where I was also working as a software engineer, and I have just been wow-ed! Apart from the amazing perks, I work with a set of very dedicated, determined and intelligent folks, which is really the best part of working here.”
Pros
Co-workers are mostly rockstars!
Cons
Work-life balance almost 0 on weekdays
Great energy and loving every minute of it
Billing Support (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2014
This company has some large goals that every employee in the company has a responsibility to help achieve it. There is a sense of achievement and challenge in the work that you are doing, which is hard to find. Passionate coworkers that help drive each other so that you grow and are successful alongside with the company.
Pros
compensation, meals, etc are all provided for you so you can concentrate on your work
Cons
none that I can think of, I enjoy all of the challenges that I come up against
Really excited to be here in 2014
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2014
There is not a lot of times when people are given the opportunity to work for a place that they not only enjoy the work, but fully believe in the mission that that place of work is attempting to achieve. That is how I feel working here at empowr.

Everyone that works here comes to work with the mindset that if we succeed, we will be changing the world.

The pay and benefits that come along with the position are generous, and this job has everything that I need to thrive.
Pros
the business is innovative and interesting, the people are well rounded and great to work with, the office location is great and easy to reach by public transit, walking or cars
Cons
takes some time to get used to how everything works, but its all a learning experience
Company culture is not as advertised.
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2014
I joined this company in the beginning of 2013, and quickly learned that the corporate culture this company is not what it seems. As an employee there I worked very long hours, and did not see the balance in my personal life and work life they said the company culture promotes.

The CEO of this company is also someone that I would probably never want to work for again in the professional realm. In my personal dealings with the CEO, he is someone that has lost his temper on me and other employees multiple times, and is unable to carry himself about in a professional manner. Regarding the management, the technical knowledge and support I was told was going to be there was there was not. Most of my resources came from the developers and network administrator. I could not get the backing I needed in my job from my manager.

When I joined this company, it promoted itself as a start-up, but its been around for years. If you look back, this company has changed names multiple times to avoid the negative reviews from its customers, and former employees. When I joined the company the name was ProjectUplift, then it changed to Empowr. Prior to that it was Fanbox, and before that it was SMS.ac.

My experience at Empowr, formerly known as ProjectUplift, formerly known as FanBox, and formerly known as SMS.ac was not a good one. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the CEO and management, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the day I resigned.
Pros
Office was in downtown (but not sure anymore), free lunch and dinner, the lady handling HR is very nice
Cons
CEO is unprofessional, social network product is more like a pyramid scheme, work environment is hostile, no healthcare, parking in downtown is expensive, long hours, high employee turnover rate
Very exciting to be a part of working in a ground breaking company
Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2014
I enjoy being able to have a say in company policies. The office runs like a large team, where everyone's opinion and contributions are important and valued. There are flexible work and vacation hours throughout the year, which help provide a good work/life balance. I enjoy the work, and am excited to come to work each day.
Pros
good benefits, flexible work, inspiring coworkers, new projects
Cons
none that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empowr. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5