EmpRes Healthcare Employee Reviews

Avoid this company at all costs
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2017
This is the worst of the healthcare companies, hands down--very cutthroat environment. They continually cut hours so that you cannot take your breaks, and then expect the cook to do his or her own pans and still finish on time. I was harassed at work by this one employee, a dishwasher, who singled me out. The manager, being also of the same culture, was in cahoots with this dishwasher, being her friend. Very difficult work environment. They dismissed me for calling in sick. The birthday gift card they gave me didn't even pay for one cup of coffee. This is the worst possible cook job, and watch out for the manager at the North Seattle location--very tough, very discriminating and they don't like men as cooks--the comradre they have among the Bosnian transplants means if you are an outsider they will despise you.
You have to prep, do the meals, clean the stations, AND all the pans as a cook and STILL take a break and be out within seven hours. IMPOSSIBLE set of standards, UNREALISTIC expectations, very, very bad company to work for, and for being an "employee owned" company the benefits are inexcuseably bad. Avoid this place, you will hate it. Just the facts.
Pros
A paycheck on payday, and that's it
Cons
Backstabbing culture, harassement towards men, mean-spirited workers in the kitchen, not enough time to do required tasks, horrible benefits, no PTO one year, no sick time, high-deductible health insurance
Friendly & Helpful coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 25, 2017
Never before have I worked in a facility where you have help whenever you need it, I feel like every person I work with is my friend and I never feel alone, that's a huge thing in nursing. The management team is either always in the building or available on the phone to come in right away. I had a sudden unexpected death in the family and I was told by my supervisor not to worry about a thing, that everything was taken care of and to just worry about myself and my family until I could come back. I never expected this and I felt so lucky knowing I didn't need to worry about at least this one thing.

The building in Cheyenne is old however its through a major renovation and so far it looks amazing! I am excited for all the positive changes!

The only hard thing I can think about is that there is a shortage of nurses and CNA's in Cheyenne, however if you like to pick up shifts this is a benefit!
Pros
Helpful staff, Great Benefits, Sick time, Flexable scheduling
High turn around
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 14, 2017
Very big turn around rates. Not great management nor structure as well a bad training, hiring people with no experience but have demand high performance and tons of HR complaints about management. Nothing has been done
10+ year employee
Director (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 10, 2017
Over the ten years that I have worked for this company we have seen several changes, but thru it all employees and residents have been well taken care of. The people are wonderful and I love working for a company that is 100% employee owned. I have a ton of flexibility and an amazing supervisor. Benefits are somewhat expensive but I feel I am compensated very well. I like working for a local company that is large enough to have the resources/support that I need but not so large that I am lost in the corporate structure. I feel everyone is approachable and ultimately puts patient care first. I would highly recommend working at the corporate office or in one of the many centers.
Pros
Flexibility, Compensation, Culture, Employee Owned
Work Culture
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 12, 2017
Staff is friendly some residents are challenging but kind. Feels like family sad to be leaving however due to budget cuts I am in the process of a layoff.
Pros
managment was great
Cons
census based work hours
Great team
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 1, 2017
I worked for this company for a 3 years and enjoyed every single day. They had great nurses and CNAs and had an amazing executive director. She was able to help the building pass state.
Pros
staff
Cons
corporate expectations
Worst SNF company in SW Washington
Insurance Billing Specialist - Skilled Nursing (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 27, 2017
The billing department is in millions of dollars in debt because of the last boss, who took the department apart and replaced it with her own staff, who did a worse job.
Productive work place
Regional Director Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  CAJune 8, 2017
Have appreciated this position as well as the tools and support that is available. I would prefer just a little less travel and being closer to home.
It's all about the money
Physical therapy (Former Employee) –  IdahoApril 27, 2017
I worked in therapy department. OT, PT, ST were "controlled" by nursing staff and were ordered to see patients for specific minutes. Therapists never questioned ethics and patient needs above facility. That is why I left. Administration wants therapy to perform unethically and if questioned about it you find that you are unwelcomed in the facility.
Couldn't discharge a patient from therapy until it was approved by off site nurse manager who reviewed all therapy documentation and made suggestions to improve what we wrote.
Although therapy department made most of the money for the facility we did not improve our equipment allotment and we were asked not to treat patients during certain activities and then we were told we had to treat the person but go around every one else's schedule to get the job done.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
poor management, poor communication between departments
I wish I would have looked into this company a little further...
Management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 9, 2017
Do your homework and research this company before you decide to accept a position here. There are definitely some underlying ethical issues in the way this company functions.
Rdco great company
RDCO (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 23, 2016
residents care and concerns are number 1. transparent company able to talk to upper management without any issues. enjoy working with staff in buildings especially if they know your expectations. 5 star company
Pros
no set hours, able to get time off for family issues without hesitation.
Cons
increasing workload
Disappointing
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 9, 2016
I worked for this company for 5 Months that was suppose to be a Temp to perm position in the corporate office with a hiring agency after 3 Months, I did my job well and was always volunteering for special projects, never was late for work nor did I miss one day of work. When my 3rd month was completed I asked about being hire permanently and was told that they were currently not hiring permanent employee's even when they were actually hiring new employee's on the Weekly basis., at the 4th month I asked again and was basically ignored. At the 5th month mark I asked again and explained that I needed a permanent position with benefits and if they were not interested in hiring me please let me know so I would have an opportunity to seek employment elsewhere without any gaps of employment, 2 days later I was released from the company. As much as I wanted to stay and enjoyed working with all of the various staff members I considered my co-workers I did not appreciate how I was released and to say the least I was very upset when they let me go after all the extra time and effort I put into the company and even did the supervisors job when they were out sick for an extended period of length. The biggest issue with this company is the lack of communication within the 65+ locations that are under the corporate headquarters and how salary employee's abuse the system by only working 3-5 hours a day while being paid for the entire day of work, I seriously recommend you requiring your salary employee's to clock in and out to stop all of the abuse within the company. Also every pay period  more... there was always issues with their pay system having issues paying their employee's accurately and on time.  less
Pros
Worked at the corporate office
Cons
Communication and Ethics issues
Worst job ever
RN (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAJuly 10, 2016
This company only cares about money. The corporation comes in and bosses staff around. They are tight with there money. Dont care about staff or patients.
Pros
Cons
Workload management
Every place has it's problems
Staff (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 23, 2015
Beautiful facility but the problem is finding staff. The current staff knows that they are doing management a favor by being there and about half take advantage of this. We are staffed but some of the staff is slow and lazy. I'm not sure if this is due to management not offering enough money or because Idaho Falls is so small and there are more places to work than employable persons.
Pros
Beautiful facility, some great employees
Cons
Staffing and scheduling
Productive and fun place to work
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2015
Great place to work with very supportive management staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Great Place
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  tacoma, waMay 31, 2015
Great Opportunities, variety of people, great work environment and culture encouraged. Could use better benefits and better choices in hiring staff and management.
Noble place
Social Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonJuly 25, 2014
EmpRes was a very wonderful experience, great culture there. I was in charge of jumpstarting their social media accounts, which I did, but due to the fact that I was only a part time intern, I was not able to do as much as I wanted to. Office mates were great, and if they had offered me a full time position I would have taken it.
Pros
positive enviroment, great management, noble ethics
Cons
slight lack of communication
Productive, friendly working environment
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 1, 2012
Enjoyable work environment with friendly and helpful staff. The company encouraged and helped me to advance in my position as well as my career. Offered training to assist with making the job easier. The hardest part of the job was the passing of residents, however seeing residents recover and return home was very rewarding. Providing a happy environment for residents and staff was very enjoyable
Pros
great team work
Cons
very busy work schedule