Emq Families First Employee Reviews

Fairly good place to work
Resource family service representative (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 14, 2015
A fairly good place to work. My team was very nice and easy to work with. Weekend work on only 1 or 2 days a year. Good location, and overall a good place to work.
shut down
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMarch 11, 2015
Im sure you heard what happened. This place was shut down before i really understand the program. it was rewarding. I want to get out of the social work field
A Day @ EMQ Families First
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2014
Although always busy, I loved a typical day, which was every day. While on the Administrative/HIM/Client Services team at EMQ Families First the learning environment was constant. Whether learning about new HIPAA procedures, changes to the charting system, or online learning.
The management which consisted of a CEO, Associate Directors, Clinical Program managers, and Clinicians were very supportive to me and our team. At any time, or with any question, their doors were always open. We had a great team of co-workers. Regardless how busy, we always had fun doing our job. Pitching in together to get it done, was one of our motto's.
Because of the support of everyone, including the consideration that we were a team, there were days we had which seemed a little hard. Maybe it was because one of our team members was out for the day. Even with that, I wouldn't consider any part of my job while employed with EMQ Families First hard.
While the management (spoken of above) were supportive to me I found great satisfaction in being supportive to them. Through completing daily or weekly reports, finding and completing paperwork for them, receiving county paperwork, making distributions to the proper person with all computer documentation done. Trouble shooting any Medi Cal issues. All these processes and more, which were beneficial to all clients and staff were done everyday with joy and pleasure.
Pros
yearly bonus & all staff day
Job
HUMAN RESOURCES REGIONAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2014
Good job while it lasted. History of company is remarkable and it mission to serve children.
Pros
healthcare benefits used to be excellent
Wonderful company
Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2013
Great company to work for. They work had to take care of clients and provide them with the best service possible.
lots of intensive therapy - individual and daily group and family as needed and fit with clinicians hours. Strict MediCal documentation.
Temporary Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2013
Brief mental health staff check-in meeting to review plan for the day's schedule. Begin individual sessions scheduled unless another student was in crisis at which point clinicians would help student to calm themselves to be able to return to classroom. Each day of the week a different day tx group was facilitated one per classroom on the site. At the close of the school day both academic staff and mental health staff met to review students progress and challenges. Following the staff meeting staff completed the MediCal standard of documentation all behaviors, interventions an students response as it relates to the treatment plan. The team was extremely tight knit - however there were times that team members struggled to give one another clear, constructive feedback. For the academic staff to understand and support clinical work and for the clinical staff to feel empowered to change rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was during physical activities where staff and students could play with one another and laugh
Pros
opportunities to have build rapport with student via the avenue of talking and laughing.
Cons
indirect team communication contributed to stress and divisions.
The organization
Behavioral Specialist/ Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 22, 2013
What the organization does for families and children is great but the pay is really low. There is no advancement. Everyone tends to mind there own business but there is no such thing as feeling great about your co-workers.
I loved working with this group of people
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2013
Great start to a look into the career. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
loved my co workers
Cons
none!
Difficult place to work at, but is also very rewarding
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAApril 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working here is to see the clients graduate and move onto something better in their lives. Its just like running a household.
Productive company and nice co-workers
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2013
EMQ Families First is a very good company to work for if your passion is working with children. They provide excellent services to the families and children. The management has good rapport with employees and their benefits are outstanding. I enjoyed my job at this company and the support they gave me even after I was laid off.
Pros
salary, benefits, good co-workers
Cons
lots of travel
Opportunity to work with families
Temporary Clinician (Former Employee) –  San JoseDecember 14, 2012
Working at the school site
Managing behavioral crises and regular sessions
strong co-workers
biased educational staff
Lots of documentation required
Supporting youth to succeed in school despite challenges
Pros
great hours
Cons
very emotionally demanding
Excellent Organization
Intensive Treatment Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2012
Excellent Organization, Great Salary and On going training opportunities.