EMR Employee Reviews

I worked for a manger who lied and under paid technicians.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEDecember 9, 2017
I was not supported by the EMR structure, there were plenty of training opportunity's if you were one of the favored technicians. I was not one of them but I was lucky enough to work with some technicians who were open to teaching and helping new people grow.
Pros
I worked on a lot of comercail appliances.
Cons
There was not a lot of support in the field.
my boss the owner
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2017
learned about so many things, great place to work to learn CPR and in and outs of what the America Heart Associate wants for a sight
and how to save a person life
Pros
balance in life
Cons
pay and benfits
Great company
Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Nice job nice company good pay good benefits they help teach you the job and basics I would like to come back if I didn't relocate but overall great company
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Bad Bad
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 1, 2017
Same thing day in day out.
Management is very cheap
hardest part of job was working in a place you hate
The most enjoyable was looking forward to the weekends
I would not recommend this company. If your looking for a job this one would be ok for a fill in between jobs
cool
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
good day ok great place to work.great co workers of supervisors it was ok nice people very welcoming excited when new hires come alone very help and nice place to work.
n/a
Mill Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 5, 2017
I do not have anything bad to say. It is just not a place for me. Management skills are not that great at this company. I do enjoy the people I work with.
Hard workers,
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALAugust 30, 2017
I started out at american family care as a xray tech. I was soon promoted to clinic supervisor at a separate location. I had the opportunity to receive guidance on management and organization skills. I maintained patient flow and staffing scheduling. I managed the staffing floor and was responsible adequate patient care throughout the clinic. The toughest part of my job was ensuring all of the staff were taking care of their work duties. i enjoyed working closely with my staff and supervisors as well as providing the best possible patient care.
Pros
Scheduled shift, Working w/ management
Cons
short breaks
Stay away
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
Company sold off to larger national company based in the south.
Benefits are bad, we got hit by double deductibles by being forced to switch plans in the middle of the year, and THAT was a corporate decision.
I like working because important for me to work
Emr (Former Employee) –  234 FL av new OrleansJuly 2, 2017
I separate materials and operate machines I recycle cars and work with broken cars Bobcat operator and work with othersome and then we cleaned our mess and leave
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
They don't place value on their workers at all. Its in chicago, il
Educator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2017
Im looking for another job. They don't want to offer continual training. Its no room for growth. I love working with the providers. The benefits suck really bad. Its located in chicago, il.
Pros
close to home
Cons
benefits absolutely suck
Good place for diversity.
Data Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2017
Have a diversity of co-workers makes work enjoyable. Being able to learn different aspect of your facility and departments makes you will rounded and transferable.
Relaxed and quiet
Internship, La Clinica De La Raza (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 26, 2017
Volunteering as a EMR was ok. The environment was very calm and the employees are very nice and very helpful. I wish I could have volunteered there longer but volunteers were no longer needed.
not my cup of tea
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 23, 2017
we worked unsupervised which I did not mind but the management level seemed to not know what they were doing. It always seemed like you never knew what you were doing.
Pros
working alone
Cons
working alone
hard work, changes, not compensated well enough
Authorizations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 3, 2017
i love my job, but we should be making a lot more for all the different hats we wear. It would be nice to know if we will have jobs after this year, due to the rumor mill of the program being done in August so we will be out of jobs. Other than that great work environment, coworkers, some leadership.
Pros
Overtime available, flexible with PTO
Cons
not enough pay, unsure future of company for 2017
A fun and very fair place to work.
Graphic Design Artist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Emergency Management Resources is an interesting place to work. The employees are a wonderful mixing pot of very different people who all share a common goal. Aside from owning the company, the president of EMR is a motivational speaker and author. Working for her is always fun because of her high energy and positive affirmations she hands out like candy. However she is no pushover. She is a professional businesswoman and above all she is very fair.
Pros
Break room with snacks, flexible hours, family oriented
Cons
Limited office space, shared building
i also liked working with these peopl
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDOctober 3, 2016
this is the job where learned billing and collections, at first I was not sure I wanted to deal with getting yelled at every day by patients and insurance companies but all in all at the end of the day when I was able to get issues resolved I was fine with my job
Pros
less than a mile from my home
Cons
the pay was horrible
cooperative, love taking care of others
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYSeptember 23, 2016
enjoy working, I do both administive and clinical .perfect with eclinical works.i am very cooperative and good team member ,always on time, very responsible
Challenging Work Place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 18, 2016
I am currently a Floating Medical Assistant. Fill in where needed. Crossed Trained for front Desk Receptionist. Greatest Challenge is working for different Physicians when I fill in for other Medical Assistants. Meaning, it could be one day or a weak. Haven't had the chance to develop a Relationship with Physicians and get use to their work flow. My Goal is to be permanent with one Physician and work the Clinical side; one on one with Patient's. In the future I would like to Teach/Instruct new Medical Assistants. Co-workers are all easy to get along with most of the time and have been very helpfull.
Company expects employees to do the work but doesn't provide working tools so the work can e done
Book keeper/Office Manager/Notary public (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 23, 2016
Management is always insulting people in lower positions. The company expects the employees to provide the tools they need to use to get their jobs done for example, pens staples etc.
Pros
Cons
old equpoment that is always brokens
Operation Manage for Auto Scrap Yard
Operation Manage for Auto Scrap Yard (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJuly 14, 2016
managed year and auto store ran front loader ran a crew of 4 kept yard clean, sold parts at the auto store, I worked with all the employees, loved my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMR. Our community is ready to answer.