EMS Inc.

EMS Inc. Employer Reviews

Better than most retail-working experiences
Guide & Front End Management (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMay 15, 2014
Chance to provide world-class customer service and perform all the tasks of good old fashioned shop keeping. Opportunity to keep learning about outdoor sports, survival, and travel and to become more active as an expert in those fields by selling product, customer relations, and exposure to real world communities of outdoor lovers.
Company sold out to another company
Welding Foreman (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: sold company and closed the doors
I was in charge of 16 welders also welded on a variety of projects.
not a good place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHMarch 21, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
i was always on the road gone for days and for the pay it was not worth it at all
Fun place to work - great access to outdoor activities
Merchandise Analyst (Former Employee), Peterborough, NHMarch 10, 2014
EMS was a fun place to work. Management definitely encouraged engaging in the outdoors. Great discount to buy equipment.
Over all Best learning job I ever had.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Ashburn, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: 401k-dental
Cons: boss was out for self.
Employers had issues with boss they felt was not suitable for job, and she wasn't 7 years on the job and could not preform wanted/missing persons reports.
productive
Field Technician (Current Employee), Sulphur, LAFebruary 9, 2014
worked with this company until guardian won the contract at citgo refinery then i switched over with guardian,
Fast paced environment great for a hands on learning experience
Internet Service Consultant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2013
Pros: performance incentives
Cons: long commute
I provided customer and technical support to various clients through email, telephone and in person contact. I got to experience a variety of industries with the different clients. Performance was recognized from management and sometimes rewarded. Great place to work with great people.
what I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hingham, MASeptember 27, 2013
While working at EMS I learned a lot about a wide variety of outdoor activities. Hingham is the biggest seller of Kayaks in the area. I was able to show customers kayaks that fit there needs.
Ok work place
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: learning interpersonal communications
Cons: commision pay
It's ok for learning the basic steps of customers service. But I advised people to move on something better when they learn the basics od customer service.
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great atmoshere
Cons: no job security
work on a day to day basis was a good place to work. Every day I got a chance to interview and meet new people from allover the world.
A really good company to work for.
Billing Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 15, 2013
This is a really good company to work for. I started out as an EMT, and moved up through the ranks.
Outdoor outfitter
Guide (Current Employee), Exton, PAJune 10, 2013
Outdoor outfitter that prides itself on providing the best possible advice for its products, regardless of whether that means making the sale. Customer service is the most important aspect of the job, with the thinking that all customers should leave with a positive experience regardless of whether we could supply them with what they were looking for. – more... A place someone can be proud to call their employer. – less
EMS Review
Standy By EMT (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 9, 2013
Its a great job to exposure to medical emergencies. Very good for newly certified EMTs and even Medics. .
Strong commitment to the company core beliefs
Director of Visual Presentation (Current Employee), Peterborough, NHApril 21, 2013
EMS has been a wonderful place to work and play. It has allowed me to align my values with a work environment that supports the customer and the outdoors.
Busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: i made great friends.
Cons: the supervisor created a hostile environment for everyone.
I enjoyed working as a two man crew and all the people I cleaned for.working for the hospital gave me gratitude for being sure I kept everything clean for people who where sick and really needed it to be clean.
Values placed on work and play
Guide (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: paid time off for permanent employees
Cons: occasional grumpy customer
Friendly co-workers, flexible schedule, great benefits for permanent hire employees, awesome employee discounts and pro deals. Every hour the shift responsibilities change to keep it interesting (register, apparel, footwear, etc.). Wide range of customers, some going on adventures and looking for the best gear and a story, others just dont want any – more... interaction. – less
Good company to work for, great experience and people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Union, NJDecember 21, 2012
Pros: aquired great knowledge
Cons: irregular schedule
Good company to work for, great experience and people. The oppourtunities were endless if you wanted to camp,hike, bike or canoe.
Enjoyment to the max
Guide (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 2, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: learning the ropes
I have only just begun, but thoroughly enjoy being part of the Eastern Mountain Sports team. I work among a great group of people including my Manager and Assistant Manager.

Working in a mall does expose you to a diverse aray of people, but overall, they too are just people outside their element looking for advise and help. I love helping others and – more... being apart of the outside. – less
Passion for outdoors but no employee loyalty
Store Guide (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTNovember 24, 2012
Pros: good dsicount
Cons: they don't look after their employees
If you are pasionate about the outdoors and enjoy sharing that pasion with other people EMS is a great part-time job, however if you need a more of a full-time or carrer oriented job EMS is not the place for you. Their discount is excellent but they only offer benefits to full-time employees which only includes management. They are willing to cut employee – more... hours including the day of. If you are not depending on them for an income and you enjoy sharing your pasion for the outdoors with others it is a good place to work. – less
Great learning experience
EMT Intern (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 29, 2012
I enjoyed the this job and the co workers are awesome. we work as a team and ive learned alot from them. The job has its pro and cons but in the end its will worth it!

1 2 3 4

About EMS Inc.

At Eastern Mountain Sports, we have a very simple reason for being: we’re here to help you have more fun outside. Top-quality – Read more