EMS Inc. Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 10, 2017
great comapny fast place work enviroment friendly staff great benefits different shift opportunities learning the role of being a manager . a typical day was cleaning of the bulding being friendly to others makin sure other staff work was properly done by a certain time
Pros
good pay
Cons
slow buisness
Mall outdoor retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAJune 22, 2017
There's a reason EMS was killed off over the past decade. Mismanagement at the highest levels coupled with an abjectly terrible in-house product design and quality control, with no benefits such as dividends to keep them relevant in the post-Brick and Mortar world.
Could have been great
Management (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 19, 2017
It was very busy, you can count on the day going by really fast. Which was fantastic. Customers for the most part were good. Lots of policies, 10 steps to complete one task. A lot of bad decisions made by Corporate that doomed this company into their second bankruptcy in a year that resulted in people losing their jobs, some who have been around for 15 or 20 years. It was just sad. They cut back hours so much so that you couldn't cover the sales floor appropriately, which cause a lack of sales because you weren't able to help customers. And it also increase of theft at all locations, with two people working at a time at a location, you couldn't be everywhere at once.
Pros
PTO was 5 weeks starting from day 1. People were great, customers and co workers
Cons
Corporate, you may not see your DM for months at a time.
Average pipeline company
Welder Helper/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 13, 2017
Very safe work environment. Hard working employees. Pay was very good. The hr department on top of things. Management needed more help. But always ended up being laid off in between jobs
Pros
very safe work environment, great pay and benefits
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 13, 2017
It was good experience. I liked Amada the EMS employee who helped me get a job. I didn't get a job from this program but it was still a good review of what to do for a job.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
meeting once a week
Mid Size Call Center / Multiple Accounts
Assistant Operations Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2017
I really learned about customer service and handling different accounts at EMS. I was a leader on multiple client's accounts and learned many facets of the customer service world. This job was challenging with turnover rates and difficulties with HR.
manage staff
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMay 22, 2017
I supervised retail staff. The staff and culture of the company are excellent. My favorite part of working at the company was working on great terms with my fellow associates.
Constant uncertainty
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAMay 18, 2017
Corporate fails to effectively communicate with stores and always a sense of potential for the company to go under. While the work in the store is pleasant it is difficult to maintain a positive outlook in the long run.
Fun place to work that supports my outdoor lifestyle.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 13, 2017
EMS provides a fun environment where we sell what we love...an outdoor experience. The culture that surrounds EMS is like few others out there which makes it an amazing place to work and motivates you to get out and play!
Pros
Surrounded by outdoor gear in a great environment.
Cons
Compensation could be better.
They are going out of business for a reason
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 11, 2017
Despite carrying decent brands of gear and getting a decent discount on gear, managment made this job unbearable. Store supervisors were passed from location to location like juggling balls and the staff rarely was knowledgeable or experienced enough to help customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cory Watson
productive
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2017
I work quickly with a total safety, I usually i go on time at work and i leave on time also. I like my job. I never like to be absent or fight with my co-worker or anybody....
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
worse job
Professional Detailer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 26, 2017
low paid, unorganized and proper cleaning was barely done because there was not enough time. worse job i had but at least i was working and keeping a job
an ok job to work
janitor (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 20, 2017
working for this company is easy but has low pay no benifits theres really nothing hard about the job it just consist of cleaning bathrooms trash collection,and vacuuming
Eastern Mountain Sports
Floor Guide (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 12, 2017
What an awesome job. It's retail so you work weekends and holidays, but it was part time. I'm a huge outdoors person so I loved working around all that gear and the discounts were INSANE. Again it was part time so the pay was not great, but that's to be expected. The best part of the job was getting to talk to all the customers who were going on these amazing trips all over the U.S. and the world.
Pros
Discounts, talking about hiking vacations with customers.
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.
Excellent place to work
CSTS Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2017
Strong work environment. Very flexible job with lots of opportunities for expanding your knowledge and job security. Management is lenient and does not micro manage.
Reasonable place to work, but no advancement or benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2017
While the atmosphere is fairly relaxed and enjoyable, with a good work community, the lack of decent benefits (including PTO, Sick Days, etc.) severely detracts from this companies appeal. Coupled with no advancement opportunity and biased supervisors, EMS is a poor place to work only redeemed by its decent pay and awesome coworkers.
Pros
Above average base pay
Cons
No advancement, no raises, no real benefits
Start off company
bilingual Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 28, 2017
What I mean by that is that the company is only good to start people off in Call Center work or other type of work. The pay is lousy and the Management is not up to par. Call Center without the Call Center type of enviroment. Staff is always either angry or sick, company keeps changing policies and rules. Was there for almost 2 years and saw 3 Supervisors come and go as well as many fellow co-workers. Too much back stabbing by the females in the place and too much information for one person to go thru during months of changes. Also no pay increase unless you rate the supervisor and if it's not to her liking? You don't get a raise. *NOT RECOMMENDED*
Pros
Quick days
Cons
Supervisory, pay and work changes are too many too frequently
Don't like how they go about things but overall it was cool.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2017
I just didn't like the fact that after their calling list was complete they told us we could leave with out a warning and the other staff and I kept asking what was going to happen after the list was gone never gave us an answer, until it was gone , other than that I enjoyed working there !
Cons
You can not work over time
Pleased!
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great opportunity and a good experience. I learned a lot from my lead men and captains. the only thing I would change is I would want full time employment instead of the temporary employment.
Coworkers were great
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 8, 2017
Met and worked with some great people. The outdoor industry attracts some great people. The management however was quite lacking. And since the company has filed for bankruptcy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval