Emser Tile & Natural Stone Employee Reviews

Worst experience ever
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 9, 2016
I worked at Emser for almost 5 years and in the beginning I loved my job. After the first year you are beat up terribly by the operations regional manager and other higher ups. She will make you feel like the lowest form of scum on the planet and yes, everyone in the company shares this opinion. Their job is to basically lower your moral then leave. This company is great about making you feel bad about yourself and talking out of both side of their mouth. Emser use to have a grasp on what it meant on how to treat employees. Now you are strictly a number to them, replaceable too. If you're not a favorite of regional management, forget about being promoted. Smaller branches never get noticed. Emser is a firm believer of out with the old and in with the new. They will use you up and spit you out. Never felt like a manager, just a worthless associate who was micromanaged to death.
Pros
Work life balance, kind of.
Cons
Grow eyes in the back of your head. Someone will stab you in the back eventually.
A lot of great opportunites
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 23, 2016
This company isn't a fly by night company. They're very strong and moving in the right direction. They pay well and expect much in return. Very fair, and a great supporting corporate class.

The hardest part of the job is feeling confident in making a business decision that makes sense to the customers you deal with face to face and not having someone else override your decision based on how they feel business should be conducted. Not capitalizing on the amount of profit that is available based on the strategy to give everything for nothing.

Most enjoyable part of this job would be the tremendous support you receive at the push of a button. There's really a lot of good people in this company!
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Too many chiefs
Great company / Stable
Architecture/Commercial Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2013
Grew markets in Retail, Residential markets
Advanced to National Chain Accounts MGR and traveled monthly
Great support staff and managemet
Grew knowledge in the Natural stone field of flooring
Pros
Support and growth
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Good Place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 26, 2013
Good Place to work, however being part of the Construction business it was not always very busy.
Pros
Good People to work with
unprofessional
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 3, 2013
didnt like the people there, they were very nosy and alot of drama. i hated this job
Definitely not a good company to work for ----
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2013
Unfortunately everyone gets fired from Emser. It is just a matter of time when your number gets called. There are or were several great folks to worked long hard hours and really wanted to do a great job.
Cons
long hours, low pay, lack of management trust
Not a good place to work
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  San DiegoFebruary 11, 2013
I worked here a few years back after being recruited away from a company I shouldn't have left. I honestly felt like a number with this company and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They're very unorganized (not good communication between the higher levels and the branches) and they don't seem to have a genuine concern for the employees. Big mistake working there. They are constantly cycling through employees, even in the best of times. You'll notice that they're constantly hiring. It's not because of growth.
Pros
hmmm...paid ok i guess
Cons
poor management, lack of concern, lack of organization.
My Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2012
Its not a easy job. You have to be safe ,fast, and accurate and pay attention to details.
Emser Tile & Natural Stone
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  San diego, CaNovember 28, 2011
I worked for Emser for little over 3 years. I made a lot of money when the market was hot. Emser was a great place to work, but unfortunately the manager at the time wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. But i will say one thing. 1 of the owners of the company. I think it was Eddie, really helped me out when i needed some extra money to buy my first house. He gave me a interest free loan. It wasnt a lot of money, it was the fact that this guy helped one of his employees without even really knowing him. i would go back to work with Emser any day. I left on good terms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emser Tile & Natural Stone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6